1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    I bought a waterblock from OCuk,it was a great experience..especially seeing water pee out the cracked outlet port all over my mobo n gpu..I was Ecstatic! The RMA procedure just rubbed salt into the wound..

2. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    To be fair to them, I bought a Gigabyte x58 overclock board at the beginning of December thinking my old Giga board had failed, I received the new one, before stripping everything out I thought I would see if it would start up one more time and it did!

I applied for a return under the distance selling regulations, next day i got an RMA number, within 2 days I had sent the board back and they immediatly credited me with the £150.

3. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Don't brag, chosen one.

4. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Are you sure it was OcUK?

;)

As I'm going to be able to afford new shit soon, d'you guys think I should hold out till Haswell or bite the bullet next month and get some new toys?

5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Hold for right now.

6. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    ^ This - or upgrade to a 3570k and just OC the tits off it

7. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Well if we did that, they would drop our lovely cold beer :laugh:

8. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Actually, strangely enough, I preferred my 8350. I record and encode for youtube alot, and the AMD board came with 8 SATA III 6gbps ports, this msi only has 2, plus 2 from the controller thing. I loved Metro 2033, but dont play it anymore after completing it 5 times over, so I saw no need to remain in the heavily threaded line of CPU's. Everyone kept going on about the 3570k. Now I have it, I dont think i understand what all the commotion was about, I see almost no difference in real world performance amusingly enough.

...PACMAN... says thanks.
  9. ...PACMAN...

...PACMAN...

Thanks Received:
    Interesting and good to know. I may just upgrade to an 8350 as I quite like this motherboard I am on. Thanks :)

10. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    It's a good option, they are pretty good, although probably better of getting a 8320 and overclocking if you can get it at a good price ;)

11. ...PACMAN...

...PACMAN...

Thanks Received:
    Yeh quite possibly, this board can do 300 and it only needs 1.368 for 4.6GHz on this FX 4100. Would be nice to have a bit more CPU power for sure.

12. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Mrs bought a slow cooker a couple of weeks ago ( I think she just didn't wanna be the only slow one in the house... bada boom pisch) so have just thrown in a nice shoulder of pork seasoned with sea salt, black pepper and paprika, also made a stock from oxo beef cubes, thyme and barbecue sauce and tomorrows dinner is now under way, pulled pork sandwiches.

The whole idea behind a slow cooker is as the name suggests it's cooks very slow which has a couple of benefits:

You can prepare some veg, stock and meat the night before or in the morning knowing that when you have gone to work and come back it will all have cooked without any intervention

Makes really nice sauce and casserole based dishes as the flavours of the meat veg and stock have a long time to marinade together

A monkey could cook something in a slow cooker, just prepare the veg and meat/stock chuck it and forget :toast:

I am hoping the outcoming of my seasoned pork in a beef and bbq stock is that when it comes to serving tomorrow afternoon, the stock will have thickened and soaked into the meat giving a lovely and sharp distinctive flavour, the meat will be VERY tender and should just fall apart as it has been cooking for 12 hours (albeit at a very low temp as not to ruin it) perfect topped with cheese on a bap with fries and coleslaw sides :toast:

It's a Man Vs Food inspired recipe, you must have seen at least one of these shows??? typically american but fantastic at the same time :D

13. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    So it looks like I'm having to RMA that Corsair H80 again :banghead:

Any suggestions on what to go with for my next cooler as I don't want another H80!

14. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Thermaltakes line of AIO coolers are very good and also look at NZXT Kraken

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    +1
    release the kraken!

16. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    The Krakens are over priced aren't they? or am I looking in all the wrong places lol.

17. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
  18. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
  19. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    Well the Antec 920 is £10 cheaper from Ebuyer and exactly what the RMA owes me (£75) so I may go with that If I go for another AIO... having two H80's fail on me does put me off a little. I love the idea of the AIO's as they give freedom to the space inside the chassis and around the motherboard/memory slots, if there's any decent air coolers that allow for easy access to the memory then I'd be more than happy to consider that? I've always found the high end CPU coolers make things difficult at times.

20. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    My thoughts exactly, once AIO, always AIO. I like not cutting my fingers on fin stacks.

21. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    The design yes but all of the pump internals are made in house for thermaltake so performance and durability will be different of antec.

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I purchased my 920 over a year ago - Still going strong and an amazing cooler, just switch the fans to Scythe GTs = winning combination

Corsair's SP120s are also decent, but use them at 80-90% with a fan controller otherwise they can be a bit whiney.

maybe so, that that means very little when the difference in results are so close they are negligible - apples to apples, you can re-label a TT Water 2.0 Pro as a Antec 920 and nobody would notice the difference. apart from the software or slight difference in design/mounting

23. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    True but same could go for corsair and their products I have seen have been RMA'd more times than none

Crunching for Team TPU
  24. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    At the cost of being able to send my old H80 back for RMA, i decided to take the pump to bits and inspect. The old Corsair pump units are poorly made, my issue was with a cable that wasnt soldered in, it was just glued against a copper plate. While I may have a H100, in the coming months if i were a prospective AIO buyer, I wouldnt get a Corsair after such experience.

25. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    I guess people buy corsair for their warranty :)

Thanks for that info if i go water it'll be a thermaltake or custom :cool: