1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU Minecraft Server

Discussion in 'Games' started by newtekie1, Feb 2, 2011.

1. TriggerWolf

TriggerWolf

Thanks Received:
    Last night while searching for TPs that would fully work with SEUS, found out that these texture packs don't use bump mapping but parallax mapping instead. I do like the original ones on mapping quality, but on the downside they seem to be missing a few textures like the anvil, carrot and potato plants and the glass transparency issue.

I like the textures on this pack alot (can't remember the name atm), but the specular map seems to be a bit too shiny, it should only get like that when raining as it happens on the original TP, texture wise, it's great.

Sonic Ether's facebook page, he posted the download link. It's where I got it from. It's packaged the texture pack that works best with the shaders. I use Magic Launcher to install the shaders.

Here you go: SEUS v10 RC6

Careful as these shaders can put quite a bit of strain on the GPU! Playing at 1680x1050 I get about 45FPS in more dense areas, with render distance set to normal +96 (which seems to make the most impact in performance other than resolution). Lowering to 720p would get me around 70FPS.

:toast:
  2. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    FYI, The End needs to be reset. I went to go look at the Ender Dragon and it attacked me so I had to defend myself. :( TiggerWolf joined in. XD
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. TriggerWolf

TriggerWolf

Thanks Received:
    LOL. First time I actually faced Ender Dragon. Isn't there any way to automatically reset The End? :confused:
  4. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    It's clear if you go in the portal at Cape Coon. It's in the basement of the library (stone building with brick chimney). I was just in The End the other day.
  5. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    That's a portal to Nether. The End is reached via The End portal in the stronghold. The "stronghold" warp is placed just down the stairs from where you fall through the portal to The End. Enderman are everywhere in The End, as is the threat of falling into the void. If the Enderdragon hasn't been killed, it's flying around in there too. The only way to get the Enderdragon back is to delete The End. It is not advised to put much work into The End because it will be lost.
    Aquinus says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    The Warps category on DynMap is now updating once per day (just before daily server restart). New warps likely won't show up immediately.
    TriggerWolf and Chevalr1c say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I'm seriously thinking about extending the subway north (will end up just west of Hutton).
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Just an idea, I think both your Island and my Island line up pretty well if the subway were to go south as well. Super-subway!
  9. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    I am in the process of linking WF with Kard already. Maybe we should just finish the route over the bridge first, because I am struggling to find enough gold for it. I will start another railweay tunnel from Winterfell Station westward later (connecting your new tunnel thereto instead of towards a point near Hutton, which is supposed to mimick a medieval village).

Here is where I am at, in terms of progress on the railtrack leading towards Winterfell (did not start yet on the southward track). Please consider helping me with this connection first, and please consider letting that tunnel you plan to make end at the station at WF instead of in Hutton. At said station, there is a westside wall next to a double chest with railcars, which can be removed to make a "staircase" for the railroad to in/out of the tunnel you are planning.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. jpsandman New Member

Thanks Received:
    Circumnavigation Complete

The circumnavigation of the far southeast continent is now complete! It shall be know as Arenavir.
  11. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    All the warps have been given to who they were made for. You can now search by owner. e.g. "/warp list chev" will list Granary, Hutton, Railway Transferium, The Wall, WF Town Square, and Winterfell.

I'm looking into getting warps into categorizes via the Welcome Message. This will take some time though...
    Aquinus and Chevalr1c say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    I added "Armoury" to the list of warps, but I don't know how to add it to the [resources] category.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    /warp welcome Armoury [enter]
    Resources: Armoury [enter]
    Chevalr1c says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    It works now, thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    Ctrl_alt_bingo was heartbroken that you guys destroyed her tower, she spent like 11 hours getting all that stone, and she didnt even get any back :(
  16. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    Was that on this map?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  17. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    It was, but that land was flattened by someone else to build on, so her tower was removed.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  18. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    She could have aquired all that stone from U.S.S. Prime, saving her time. ;)

Well, that's the problem with cluttering around the spawn area. There is such a fight over space, that it is "first come, first get". Better take distance from the spawn area and if necessary ask before starting whether the new building wont be in the way of other.

Please read the quote of an earlier post I made (see below) to get some location suggestions.

Crunching for Team TPU
  19. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    As Chevalr1c pointed out, there's lots of stone at U.S.S. Prime. U.S.S. Prime is a public depository for common materials (currently Netherrack, End Stone, Cobblestone, Gravel, and Dirt) found in the Minecraft world that aren't often wanted. If she wants to build it somewhere else, she's welcome to the cobblestone there. Of Course, contributions are welcome too.

That "someone" was equally heartbroken finding a giant cobblestone structure next to the Skyrim logo that took several weeks to build. The rule "respect others and what they have built" was added a long time ago for this very purpose. It is first come, first serve, in case of conflicts like this.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
    Chevalr1c says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Server has been updated to 1.4.7
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  21. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  22. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Switch off:
    [​IMG]

Switch on:
    [​IMG]
    -KarL-, TriggerWolf and Chevalr1c say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. TriggerWolf

TriggerWolf

Thanks Received:
    I've remodeled my light house, it now sits at a respectable 48m above water level :D

I've more than doubled its height ever since my first build which was around 20m tall.

Here it is :)
    [​IMG]

:toast:
    Chevalr1c says thanks.
  24. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    So you got building permissions?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. TriggerWolf

TriggerWolf

Thanks Received: