1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU's WCG/BOINC Team

Discussion in 'World Community Grid (WCG)' started by Chicken Patty, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    In task manager, my CPU usage is ~50% as I have a 6950 folding as well. All 8 threads are somewhat balanced, some slightly higher than others. I may consider turning off the 6950 for a couple days and increasing WCG by 12.5% each day to see how threads are scheduled and see if the 2600K is comparable to the 8120/50.
    Norton and Daimus say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  2. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    I'll just let you play with that one. LOL Just keep an eye on it and don't be afraid to kill it if need be. Use fire if you have to.

I would say it would populate the real cores first then the fake cores. Which piggyback the real cores :toast:
    Norton, okidna and Daimus say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    The Captain now owns this thread :D

CP, think you can update Fitseries' original text with new links, etc for the team, stats, stickies, and whatnot?
    Daimus says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I PMed erocker and had all of fitseries3 threads changed to CP that is in the WCG section.

You guys will thank me later.
    stinger608, Norton and Daimus say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. mstenholm

Thanks Received:
    For people with Intel CPUs - do CMD2 and get good points now. My cloud Intels (Integer Speed around 18 million ops/sec) does 70-80 BOINC points/hour on this project (30-40 % more then on SFSW). It seems like this is a 100 % Integer project so 2x00 and Ivy are doing great here.

Edit: I just had a look at my 2720 QM and it does around the same. Could be a Linux/WIN thing so advice is now updated to - get an Intel and run Linux. No, CMD2 is about to be terminated so stick to your Windows. First part still stands of course ;)
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
    Daimus says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  6. Norton

Norton WCG-TPU Team Captain

Thanks Received:
    :toast:
  7. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Power went out while I was at work. 2 of my rigs didn't auto start back up which is weird. What ever. I got one up and running but the other, I have to disconnect my screen, carry it over to the other room and hook it up for a min to see whats up. Then do all that in reverse. Its really annoying. I would use teamviewer but its not connected which means its prob hanging on post screen.

I'm getting tired of having to do that all the time. I'm watching craigslist for another screen but theres absolutely nothing for sale. Gosh!
  8. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    I have 2 of my crunchers on a 21" crt that has dual inputs with a button on the front to switch between them. I got the monitor off of craigslist for like $20. It also has one hell of a great picture. SO you may want to see if you can find one of those. I am looking to see if I can find a couple more. LOL
    popswala says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    The screen I have now (sys specs) does that. I love that feature. I already have it connected to to two rigs already though. The other rig is in another room just sitting there crunching all alone lol. I check craigslist daily knowing I have no $$ but if I see something I was hoping to try and set something up to snatch it up on a wkend. No luck for sometime now. Not even for a crt.
  10. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    I hate when that happens too. Power goes off just long enough to hang up the rigs in an unusable state so they can't turn back on. Even worse is when they randomly go offline/crap out for no reason over the weekend or when I just left work.
  11. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Exactely. power went out for not even 3 mins. Pc is on and running, fans spinning. But can't connect through teamviewer so I know either the wireless isn't connected or stuck on post screen. grrrr
  12. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    Yay, I got a 5th star. May not last long, but I can probably secure it once I get that X3 720BE. :D
    Norton says thanks.
  13. Norton

Thanks Received:
    I think yours was around before mine :toast:

Mine has been going in and out so I expect I won't see it tomorrow am :rolleyes:
  14. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Congrats to Jstn and Norton for picking up the 5 stars!!!!!!!

Awesome job guys. :)
    Jstn7477 and Norton say thanks.
  15. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just happened to check my ppd and I was shocked. I normally get lucky and break 5k but today I actually broke 7k. I've never been that high. That looked good coming from avg'ing 3-5k. It may not be a whole lot of improvement but thats more then I ever got before so I like it :p
  16. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Guys, I had to shut down my 2nd cruncher temporarily. The weather strip around my door to my place is garbage and you can see sunlight all around it. Not only that but the frame is broken too! Landlord is going to come fix it all on the weekend, but for now the A/C is having trouble cooling with the rigs on. I'll keep you guys posted.
    stinger608, Daimus and brandonwh64 say thanks.
  17. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Hope the land lord gets things fixed for ya! Me and my wife had to do a lot of insulating to our house when we bought it cause it was built in 1952. I can tell a huge difference afterwards with the comfort level and the power bill! We still have more work to go but will be a great place to grow old.

[​IMG]
    Norton, Daimus and okidna say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  18. okidna

okidna

Thanks Received:
    Nice house you got there brandon :)
  19. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    I love it brother! Its my own piece of Americana. I never imagined I would own my own home so quickly and easily but its hard work
    okidna and stinger608 say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:

Nice house :D
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. okidna

okidna

Thanks Received:
    I love the big trees around your house, reminds me of my childhood at my grandparent house.

My grandfather used to teach me how to climb a tree, and when the fruits season coming we used to harvest together along with my older brother. We got mango, jackfruit, sapodilla, rambutan trees. A lot of tropical fruits, very popular in my country.
    Then my grandmother bring the fruits to local market, sell them, and split the profits to me and my brother. After that we bought a lot of ice cream :laugh:

Ahh, the memories.....
  22. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Those are called "Pinoaks" and they are notorious about limbs falling. I have a pile of them at my property line HAHAHA.

Well Jr tested my 785G and it posted good along with a good bios update. His 2600K will be at his house around 3-4 more days (hoping less) then he will ship my package to me. I am hoping by next saturday to have these machines up and raking in over 15K.
    Norton and okidna say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    I brought my i7 860 back up (@ stock) and it is putting out a paltry amount of PPD. With it being offline for a few weeks, could its 'Frequent Cruncher' status been revoked leading to a delay in WU approval?
    stinger608 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. Norton

Thanks Received:
    Possibly- check the results status page on the WCG website to see if you are building a backlog of "pending validations" for that machine.
    theonedub says thanks.
  25. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, there is a slight backlog- about half a page more than my 2600k has right now. Was hoping a few weeks offline was still within time to get that near instant validation.
    Crunching for Team TPU