• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I don't make these mods and I have no interest in using Creative Audio, MaxxAudio or Nahimic audio. I'm only interested in Dolby and DTS default formats so I can get full 5.1 channels over optical.
I mean I asking you that this 8210 driver works with SRS, DTS and Dolby or is a standalone empty driver from Microsoft?

That's not from Microsoft, it's from Realtek, and you need to use a modification to get those if your motherboard doesn't have the license for them.

That's not from Microsoft, it's from Realtek, and you need to use a modification to get those if your motherboard doesn't have the license for them.
Do you mean that SRS, DTS etc. is only working when the motherboard supports it?

What can I do ? I Installed this version but I got a error ? I use Windows 10 pro 64 bit v1703

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Can you give me a link fot this driver
unfortunately NO It is pure mod explained million time it follows 2bad initial post modding but PHITO patcher was used together with the DWORD entry however from RTL driver version 281xx >>> things getting more complicated I dont have the guts and time to explain and write "how to" as In the past actually people got so fkcing ignorant and rude so I decided to stop my activities of sharing , however I follow this ridiculous post as it gives me good laughter with all the nonsense and carp mods specially the one involved wit" LETS HAVE IT ALL" and in 99.9% they doesn't work .
Everything you need is already explained and available here on this very thread ..good luck ..It works and it can be done ...i did it my self .

This type of huge topic , It must be explanataion " how to do " at the first post !! But the owner of the this topic there is no ! :( !? ??

Nope, he's been gone for years, not that much we can really do about it. I mean, dvoj made that other thread, but still.

2.82 (8186) from realtek unfortunately works only as DDL and not DTS. last DTS working version is 8152

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Just patched latest RTL 6.0.1.8228 and works like charm on latest creator W10 DTS-i/ DDL over optical out also DTS X & Studio over 2 CH Analog so Im happy .

Last edited:
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
2.82 (8186) from realtek unfortunately works only as DDL and not DTS. last DTS working version is 8152

I noticed tat my ASUS Z-170A with ths chip onboard Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel lost DTS Interactive support aftre Creator and al this NEW Realtek drivers .81XX/82XX the last fuly opreational under Creator is 6.0.1.7997

Just patched latest RTL 6.0.1.8228 and works like charm on latest creator W10 DTS-i/ DDL over optical out also DTS X & Studio over 2 CH Analog so Im happy .
¿Which board? Please, tell me the method for patching, as like @lukjod said, no DTS since v6.0.5152 with pihto's patch.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
¿Which board? Please, tell me the method for patching, as like @lukjod said, no DTS since v6.0.5152 with pihto's patch.

The method is explained here very well , the patcher is also still available here and also works like charm with the last RTL drivers as you can see form the screenshot provided .
no TEST mode , NO GIVE ME ALL BULLSHIT like MB5> DOLBY ATMOS Headphones > DOLBY me THIS, Dolby me That , SRS here AURORA there , DTS Headphones now , DTS Studio later ALL AT SAME TIME??? ..forget all this shit it doesn't work with majority of people and newer will and I know why.
hahah that "HRTFXCGFGH4blabla.inf" you people think is doing miracles and will solve all your problems and give you all available tech ??? ...NO will NOT it may work with specific and limited hardware and vendors and then one tech at the time but not for all and if then even that may by accident .
The onboard chip in my case is RTL ALC 1150 and windows are W 10 64bit Creator 1703 OsB:15063.540 ..and it works... period ..yes I used the same PHITO patcher on this drivers you see ..so figure it out .
DTSDLL.jpg

switching from DTS-i to Dolby digital and back is hot switch in real time form this RTL Audio Manager even if a player is actively playing .

..and it works... period ..yes I used the same PHITO patcher on this drivers you see ..so figure it out .

Firstly, I don't have any reason to doubt what you say. The only thing is that the only method I am aware of is by copying an older driver patched DLL within the newest available (and I personally don't like this solution).

Secondly, I don't really get the point in your answer. Why don't you just point to the post describing the method? Are you angry with someone, or just with the world?
BR

Edit: the alternative is that your sound chip already has the dts-i license.

Last edited:

Ruben Portier

Hello, it's me again (couple of pages back). I've upgrade to a new motherboard and did a clean installation of Windows 10 Home (1607). I've succesfully installed a modded version of the Asus Realtek driver and can select Dolby Digital Live (5.1) in the Windows Sound Manager. However, there is no surround, only stereo it seems. The front speakers are both playing and my receivers decode-light lights up, which means the sound is actually Dolby Digital encoded and then decoded by my receiver. But why does it not play actual surround sound while I'm playing surround files and games on my computer? Should I try to install a clean Realtek driver instead of the one provided by Asus (notice that I did patch that Asus driver)? My motherboard is a Asus Z270E.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Problem solved! Using the latest Realtek driver without the Asus modification AND bloatware! it now works as it should!

Last edited:
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Firstly, I don't have any reason to doubt what you say. The only thing is that the only method I am aware of is by copying an older driver patched DLL within the newest available (and I personally don't like this solution).

Secondly, I don't really get the point in your answer. Why don't you just point to the post describing the method? Are you angry with someone, or just with the world?
BR

Edit: the alternative is that your sound chip already has the dts-i license.

Nop! that's wrong! >>> "The only thing is that the only method I am aware of is by copying an older driver patched DLL" <<< Phito patcher allows you to create (patch) actual dll within actual driver not copying old crap ...so it is also explained how to do it and what to do .I wrote it several time myself on this thread and Im not going to repeat my self over and over again .

>>> the alternative is that your sound chip already has the dts-i license..>>> It doesn't have DTSI-i licensed as then I wouldn't have to fuck with this patching ..now would I ??? I have another media a system based on Asus Z-170A mobo wich has licensed DTS-i so I dont have to fck around and it works out of the box . However this particular system HP OMEN desktop X900-000 doesn't have but it host the powerful ALC1150 so I just take advantage of it ..what it has licensed is DTS Studio X and DTS Headphone X which are complete different story then DTS Interactive .

" as like @lukjod said, no DTS since v6.0.5152 with pihto's patch" ..so why dont you ask him how does it work for me ?

Are you angry with someone, or just with the world? >> Im pissed off as this once very usefully thread is infested with BS and crap modification by people who obliviously dont know shit about what they doing and what they want to present .

I hope I cleared it out for you .
Im not pissed at you at all ...no reason.

Free tip : if you have older RTL chip on board like ALC892 8Ch chances are that you wont get DTSi with newer Realtek drivers from somewhere 6.0.1.8150 followed by 6.0.1.2XXX serries however Dolby Digital Live will be available ..why is that ? My opinion is there is something messed up with new drivers and how they address old hardware. This my be resolved by Realtek in some future time once they have been aware of this problem nothing to do with W10 Creators or at least not anymore that now is on Realtek and Vendors to address ( I know that some ASUS boards are affected and ASUS doesn't have a clue about and are possibly def ) , however no problem in the 6.0,1.79XX series of driver and you should have access to both DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live ..under latest W10 Creators .
So for older hardware stay with 6.0.1.7XXX range drivers .

good luck!

Within one driver set lets say the latest one 8237 after patching and preparing for installation, within the driver itself I found 74 different "Realtek High Definition audio" profiles and that only within the .inf that corespondent with my specific hardware .
Within this bunch I found 4 different Realtek Audio Managers which I can use , there are configurations that dosent work at all there are some that dosent give you the MANAGER it is just gone ??? then there are some that apparently look healthy but in fact they dont communicate correctly between DRIVER TAB in Control Panel and Realtek Audio Manager , it was a hell of a job to get through all this testings and gathering what works properly what dosent but at the end I got what I wanted.
In my case :
1. I have a fully functional DTSi/DDL and classic looking Realtek Manager with acess to DTS-i and DDL and all changes are synchronized with DRIVER TAB in Control panel
2. A sort of Realtek Classic looking Manager enhanced with hp GUI that I found out didint work very well as some functions where missing for example no DEFAULT AUDIO TAB still I could access separately from Control Panel Audio TAB & Enhancements.
3. Fully Functional and full hp GUI as in the screen shot above which I prefer most , it also automatically recognize TOS, Speakers or Headphones when plugged in fully sincronised and acessible for DTSi / DDL or any other format it alos has DTS neo paining and enhancements
4 a new looking windows type DTS Control center for DTS Studio and Headphone X which acutely came with my OMEN as default but if I us patched driver I can use additionally DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live , the applet is accessible from Stat Menu where I have a DTS Icon and from system Control Panel where again sits a DTS icon but thereis nothing in the system tray. In this case everything related to analogue and 2 ch will be controlled with this applet and enhanced while DTS I and DDL has to be access from Control Panel and Enhancements TAB

So what works for someone doesn't necessary work for other I learned there is a lot of hidden ways to get access to special features but it is pretty individual and hardware exclusively what you can or cannot get what u can exploit and what you can enhance further for your system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. I absolutely agree with you,

dvojinov said:
this once very usefully thread is infested with BS and crap modification by people who obliviously dont know shit about what they doing and what they want to present

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
who ever is interested may check blog I created and will continue to follow Realtek DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live , it is not fully completed as I attend to add more stuff ,explanations , methods ,links ...check it out form time to time , best!
http://dvojinov.simplesite.com

who ever is interested may check blog I created and will continue to follow Realtek DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live , it is not fully completed as I attend to add more stuff ,explanations , methods ,links ...check it out form time to time , best!
http://dvojinov.simplesite.com

I think this is a very good initiative. I would be very pleased to contribute if you wish, feel free to send me a message if you find a way for collaboration or need support.

BR

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
I think this is a very good initiative. I would be very pleased to contribute if you wish, feel free to send me a message if you find a way for collaboration or need support.

BR
Thank you I keep that in mind , will see where this leads I actually created this sort of blog more for myself but then decided to present it . I will work on it as I mention before and I will upload only this drivers that Im 100% convinced they work for me .

However the agenda stays DTS Interactive & Dolby Digital Live hardware encoding through Realtek Onboard Audio over Optical Out ,no other enhancements , Software solutions , Pseudo 3D audio solutions and hacks , HDMI cross link , and similar ..that I leave here for people to deal with :)

BR

what ever the result my be on your end It would be helpful for me to know if it worked or not and in what way ..both encoders working or only one
then I would like to know
Motherboard brand and make like ( ASUS Z170-A ) i can check for my self every other specification I need .

to everyone , just keep it short like:

Didn't work ..no encoders available mobo msi ZXXX -Pro
Only one encoder available Dolby Digital Live , mobo Asrock Z270 Extreme 4 (example)
Everything works perfectly as explained mobo Asus Z170-A ...
Latest driver works partialy DDL but older driver from your blog ( realtek_hda_8059_DTSi_DDLrdy) has both encoders working , mobo Gigabyte ZXXX- gamer

I believe everyone got the point who want to give feedback , use the contact from the blog . By this I can start creating a list of Realtek hardware that works , partially works or doesn't work at all with this modification .
Facts only please.

Dont expect replay , this is not meant to be problem slowing for individuals but collection of information and understanding the limits of HW and modification , I may well contact someone back If I find something interesting or need for more information .

http://dvojinov.simplesite.com/

best!

Last edited:
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Thanks to "Erica" for providing feedback

That was helpful , I will create a list of working/partially working RTL Audio from feedbacks so people will be able to see what they can expect.

Interesting, your AUDIO is the new Realtek ALC S1220A 8-Channel High Definition Audio and behave the same as on my media PC build on ASUS z170-A Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio ,I start to suspect it may be brand related , will see .
http://dvojinov.simplesite.com/