• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Weird Screen Garbling With ATi-Tool and X800

acrowley23

Please don't you tell us our Cards are wrong !!?? There's no sign of it!
When on 3d Apps all is working 100& the Card is not defect!!! I've seen this with one of 200 clockchanges..and not on every Startup.
Also some User with the error "don't have a Modded Card working" !!! ;)
Where are the Pipes working on Desk when changing some clocks..when you're talking about "not amused Pipes". A Card which is not correctly working with the pipes must show Errors on 3d Apps!
Also when it's better or gone with other Bios (other Trimings), i don't see this for now 1 week with other XT500_500 Bios..., can't be the Card himself only..
But OK you're the man..and you've managed the Prob for all fo us :D our Cards are wrong...that's it......be happy with your New Card ..but don'´t tell us our Cards are defect or somewhat...

Last edited:

acrowley23

LabShark said:
Same here with my X800XT and no overclocking. Only when I click on the Temp Icon in sys Tray. Only with the .22 version.......

here you can see it ..not a modded Card

T

Turdhat

Ok, ok its not the cards. All I am saying is that my previous card did this when it was clocked up or down at bootup by atitool or powerstrip on occasion and my new one dosnt. Hasnt done it one single time. Exact same model card x800 pro vivo from comp usa modded to xt. I am saying that I dont think its ati tool.

Cynips

Never had that problem and I have a Visiontek Xtasy RADEON x800 Pro.

acrowley23

cynips......sure not every Card.

Summary...cause of long Thread and to have no missunderstandings
At least , it seems to be that some Cards under some Conditions (electrical Structure, mem Chips..) with some Timings in some Situations SOMETIMES (for me 1of200)hang up with this strange Screen..whe changing the clock on 2d Desk.
It's with x800pro,@XT and orig XTs..no difference if modded or not!
3d all works pretty fine stable ,cool with no Artifacts, hang ups...
When a Card is having corrupt quad of Pipes or somewhat, there must be 100% Errors on 3d Apps! Also the 16 Pipes on a modded Card ,normally cannot be corrupt cause on the Vivo Pro a full XT Chip (maybe with lower clocks) is working..
Or the Error must come up too, when AtiTool is changing autom the Clock from 2d-3d Mode..But its not! So the Cards 100% not corrupt!
But only on 2d Desk when changing the Clockrates (up or down) MANUALLY..When you let AtiTool change the Profiles (and clock) autom. from 2d to 3d we dont see it!
Only "on the fly" clockchanges.....
And i saight it before, i have this with AtiTrayTool or Powerstrip too...
My Prob actually is gone (with XT 500_500 Bios)and i hope to never see it again :)

Turdhat, I dont wont to be the aggressor, but you saight simply wrong Facts that's a corrupt Vivo Card that causes this Error..and that's wrong

GrEEtz
ps.sorry my English...

Last edited:

acrowley23

Often i talked about but now I've tested it very hardly and now i can say it for sure.
The Connect3d XT500_500 Bios has fixed the Weird Screen gambling Error for me!
It works now for over 2 Weeks without any Errors at bootup, with different Profiles and his clockspeeds, or any clockchanges "on the fly" on 2d Desk...Changing the Profiles auto. from 2d-3d is working fine too...
At all the damn Bug is 100% gone..other factors in my Sys are the Same..no HW changes or somewhat..so it cannot be another Reason that the Error is fixed..This Bios must initiate the
Card (Timings, Register...) in a more compatible Way to Tools like AtiTool..i don't know exactly why, but it works :)

I suggest to use this XT500_500 Bios too ,to fix the damn Weird Screen Gambling Bug..
Would bei interesting for me to know if you've test it too, and if it works generally.
So i can report to other People with x800 Cards when it´s working all around!

GrEetz

Durzel

Just to say this problem still exists..

Using 0.0.24b2 on an HIS X800XT PE - when I load ATiTool more often than not as soon as it loads the screen will corrupt rendering the system unuseable. This is without doing any sort of overclocking on the card (my 2D profile is default).

:(

Durzel

I deleted my profile.ini and loaded ATiTool and sure enough it started ok (no screen corruption). This time I checked "Lock reference divider" and the problem hasn't come up since.... although I've only loaded ATiTool another 10 times or so, could just be a fluke.

System Name Gaming Rig
Processor Phenom II 940BE @ 3.7ghz
Motherboard ASUS M3A78-T
Cooling Coolermaster V8
Memory 4 x 2gb DDR2 800mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire 5870 (Asus bios)
Storage 2TB SEAGATE SATA2
Display(s) Samsung T240 24" Widescreen
Case Coolermaster Cosmos S
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi extreme music
Power Supply Corsair TX 850W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
I've experienced a similar problem. And i can reproduce it!
I don't have this problem when starting up, but i do have it when resuming from sleep mode :confused:

The 2d display is corrupted and looks almost identicle to the pic posted in the first post!

Can u guys try this and see if u have the sam prob.

BTW im using ATI Tool 24 beta2

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
mR Yellow said:
I've experienced a similar problem. And i can reproduce it!
I don't have this problem when starting up, but i do have it when resuming from sleep mode :confused:

The 2d display is corrupted and looks almost identicle to the pic posted in the first post!

Can u guys try this and see if u have the sam prob.

BTW im using ATI Tool 24 beta2

the return from standby/hibernation display corruption is another issue .. i thought its fixed on .24b2 .. i just tried with .24b3 code and it seems to be working:

- click "standby"
ATITOOL(IRQL 00): *** QUERY STANDBY/HIBERNATION ***
ATITOOL(IRQL 00): ATI clocks set to default.
- system turns off (standby) here -
- press power button -
ATITOOL(IRQL 00): *** RESUMING NORMAL OPERATION ***
ATITOOL(IRQL 00): Fan Control + restore clock registers queued.
ATITOOL(IRQL 00): Fan control disabled
ATITOOL(IRQL 00): Clock registers restored

beta 3 should be out today or tomorrow

System Name Gaming Rig
Motherboard ASUS M3A78-T
Cooling Coolermaster V8
Thanx Wizzard :D
This is going to sound corny, but i (and im sure ereryone else) appreciate ur hardwork.

ATITool is simply the best Utility out!

BTW. have u thought about intoducing game specific profiles (im trying my luck :D)

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
i dont like the idea of game specific profiles .. maybe when i'm bored :)

System Name Gaming Rig
Motherboard ASUS M3A78-T
Cooling Coolermaster V8
W1zzard said:
i dont like the idea of game specific profiles .. maybe when i'm bored :)

lol...i thought so. Its really a lot of work. And then u must really be bored :p

acrowley23

The Problem...Use the Connect 3d XT 500/500 Bios...
No more Hang ups with this Bios. And i know a few People with no more of this Problem...

Greetz

Slipdaddy

I have a Radeon X800 Pro 256 Meg and it does the same thing as the above images (page 1 post 1) when overdrive is turned on the catylyst control panel-Ati told me the Xt was the only card that you can use overdrive on-NONSENSE! I can use the ATITool and overclock to 548 core 540 mem @ 80 degrees with no problems at all but I normally run at 507 core and 500 mem @ 60 degrees with a 312 fps all day long ;)

Last edited:

Boreal

Hey guys hate to throw more in on this topic but I have a 9800 Pro and just put a Zalman80D-HP heat sink on it with fan and decided to check out 3Drage tool after many hours of research in the help section and forums. (I posted a thread for some help in finding simple guides on Ocing my card and had 42 veiws with no responces.) Again I did nothing with the tool but play with the 3D settings and frame rates. I started my PC from standby and got the same screen. That said I found the 3drage tool to risky and uninstalled it. Ran a regcleaner and reinstalled recent ATI driver just in case of residue. I found this tool from a link at 3drage and opened it and found it much much easier to use for noobs like myself. I know this might not mean much but thanks for your hard work. Anyway after a long day of running the tool and finding a stable OC and playing Raven Shield. I let the PC cool, powered down fans and turned off ATIT tool and let the pc go to standby. When I returned I got the same screen mentioned above. This led to this thread ;) Anyway I noticed a thread to fix but did not inderstand how to go about the fix. YES YES I am a noob so any info starting at desk top is helpfull. Again this only happens for me when PC wakes up from standby, and does not happen at restart or boot up.

I have a MSI 6577 MBO, P4 3.06 HT, 1 gig corsair xms, Western digital 80 gig HD, 9800pro. default core is 378.00/338.00, so far I've been able to play a stable game of RVS at 400/365. Anyway Stock CPU heat sink and fan two case fans, Zalman 80D with fan and Zalman HD Dual fans. I am running XP along with nifty tool called speedfan to controle cooling. Anyway hope the info, helps because I to worry about loosing my investment and seeking a fix.

Number1

hmm might help,
I too have same problem, however i have never used atitool, my core and mem is both 500/500 card is a x800xt pe by radion using the latest ati drivers (direct from website)

my motherboard is a 939 neo2 platum 1 gig of ddr and 2x sata raptors, i have just flashed by motherboard bios, however i had the problem before, and still have it.

i don't think it is linked with the 2d/3d cos i get the problem in games and just in windows, sometimes i walk away from comp, have a ciggy come back and screen full of fuzz, however a reset seems to fix it just like that.

anyone got any ideas or any other useful forum links?
found this one through google, looking for some help on this problem

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
i experienced some random crashes/screen garbling when changing clock speeds when i had att running and used atitool to change the clocks .. closing att fixed it

Number1

well i looked at 3drage and it mentioned direct write which i disabled, but i still get the problem, and one other thing, i have had it happern in the bios setup screen, i'm lost with this one, so many reports, but no answers:(

Slipdaddy

might want to go to ati website and go to their previous drivers and download this driver:

wxp-w2k-8-062-040929a
File Version 4.0.100.1190

This is the last ati driver I can use that will run overdrive and not create a wierd problem -don't know if this will help but what you got to loose! :)

I've had the same problem too, and guess, yes it's a x800pro@vivo (with 1.6ns memory all over.)

I've been running into this problem for quite some time and honestly was very scared since this is the kind of behaviour my old 9500pro gave me before dying.
Anyway.
It only happens to me when I load a profile from say 400/400 to 520/560 clocks (400 be 2d etc.) and then run something like 3dmark.
I haven't experienced it in other games yet and I've been running this card since august last year.

The only other problem I had was when I put my clocks too low (say 300/300) and atitool (0.24b5) would load and set a 180/260 clock or something like that, then I get "funky" pixels on my screen after a couple of minutes which are removed as soon as the screen is "refreshed" (say, watching a blank word document with pixels, and putting a firefox window over it removes the pixels.)

So. I'm not running atitool right now and must honestly say that I haven't had any of those screen corruptions.

acrowley23

please......use the Connect3d x800 XT 500_500 Bios.....thats the Way to fix it....

Wizzard.... i know...with ATT i get this Error sometimes too !

Number1

trick is i don't have a floppy drive so i can boot into dos to flash, anyone know a windows based flasher?

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
number1: no flasher for x800 series which works under windows

acrowley23

Number1 said:
trick is i don't have a floppy drive so i can boot into dos to flash, anyone know a windows based flasher?

you can use a cheap USB Stick....i bought a 64mb Medion STick for 8Euros last days..

You can (usually) boot form the USB Stick Drive