1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X-Fi Support Syndicate & Owner's Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by imperialreign, Sep 25, 2007.

1. windbag New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, imperialreign, I'll try that when I next get the personal & PC-time to do it.
    Does it matter whether the X-Fi card is in the system or not? Currently removed as the only way to listen to Youtube is via soundcard on Mobo.

2. windbag New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh... no I won't

...or rather, I would, but I just checked and the "soundblaster x-fi\" directory is absent under "Creative\"...

For info, the sub-folders I have there are:
    ALCHEMY
    AUDIO DEVICE SELECTION UNICODE
    AUDIOCS
    CONSOLE LAUNCHER
    MEDIASOURCE5
    PRODUCT REGISTRATION
    SBCONTROL
    SHARED FILES
    SHAREDLL
    WAVESTUDIO 7

..there is no setup.exe under any of these (ie not in the the "Creative\" directory at all).

Under Program files there is also a "Creative Installation Information\" folder with these sub-folders:
    CREATIVE_MEDIASOURCE_U
    E-CENTER_NET_CONTENT_U
    E-CENTER_PLUGIN_MINIDISC_U
    MEDIASOURCE_PLAYER_SKINPACK_U

There are setup.exe files in each of these, but they don't look like what you were referring to....

3. DEFEATEST

DEFEATEST

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, I have a Maximus III Gene motherboard with onboard "xfi" but I cant find through the creative software that comes with it a mode changer of any kind. It's always on entertainment. I have an auzentech prelude in my other PC and the creative console for that has mode changer but not the on board console. Am I nuts? I dont really like gaming in entertainment mode if you know what I mean. Wondering if I should just throw in the Prelude in this machine. Any ideas?

4. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm . . . did you ever install the drivers off the installation CD? Or did you only use the most recent version available via Creative's site? If so, I'd recommend fully cleaning all the drivers and software off, running DS in safe mode and all that, then re-installing all drivers and software from the disk, first . . . then update the drivers. There's some software and utilities that are only available via the disk, as they've never been incorporated into any of the driver packs . . .

Double check the mobo instalation disk - it might be there . . .

If not, you can probably grab the software from creative's site - the software for the Xtreme Gamer PCIE should work, but I can't guarante that. THe onboard setup is really a hacked-up version of an X-Fi (it's essentially a DSP that's been labeled something it's not, much like the Xtreme Gamer - true X-FI's all have an actual processing unit on them).

5. windbag New Member

Thanks Received:
    I could ONLY install from the CD - that's the entire point of my post - it immediately invoked an update via the web, which downloaded an update utility which refused to recognise I had an X-Fi Elite Pro card in the system... which is the state it was then left in.

So I think I've already done what you suggest...

6. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    a long time ago since i posted here but i sold my sound card, stil have an eax some where

7. DEFEATEST

DEFEATEST

Thanks Received:
    Gave up on the onboard, put in my ol' prelude.....what was I thinking anyways???!!!

thanks for your help guys.

8. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    I need your help.

I've encountered a problem today, the likes I've never seen before, and it's baffling to me.

I had to reinstall my drivers today because for the umpteenth time I booted to Windows only to find out (yet again) I had no sound.

But unlike all the other times, this time when I opened Console Launcher to change my settings I noticed I couldn't change the speaker configuration.

[​IMG]

Why? That has never happened to me before and I can't fix it no matter what I do.

9. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    might be a button to lock it to the same as the windows settings, look for that.

otherwise, change it in windows?

are you running analogue or digital? any enhancements/DD/DTS encoding enabled?

10. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    Analogue, no DD/DTS or anything of the sort enabled.

There's no button. I know I can change it in Windows but that's an unnecessary hassle. It always worked there's no reason for it to stop now.

11. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    all i can think of is some kind of upmixing faking 5.1 and its locked the setting, or general creative driver bullshit.

12. Prima.Vera

Prima.Vera

Thanks Received:
    Guys, I have am X-fi Titanium. I was looking forever now for a separate volume bay with remote control for it. Do you know where I can find this separate? tnks.

13. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    Just FYI, I've managed to fix my problem.

It turns out that when I installed the PAX drivers/suite it changed a registry key.

I just had to change "NoShow" from 1 to 0.

That was a pretty stupid decision by the PAX creator I might add. There's countless reasons one would want to change the speaker configuration "on-the-fly".

Batou1986 says thanks.
  14. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Been wondering how to fix this myself more specific reg key and location plz.

Anyone know how to make the console launcher autostart in the tray on creatives latest drivers & CP?

More useful information for xfi/creative owners.
    [​IMG]

majestic12 says thanks.
  15. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    You mean the Volume Panel? (double click opens Console Launcher)

[​IMG]

Download here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ger7a0sddzct84f/VolPanel.rar

• Extract Console Launcher installer to a folder.
    • Extract VolPanel folder (from archive) to above folder.
    • (Re)Install Console Launcher.

16. majestic12

majestic12

Thanks Received:
    ^^I had one of those adapters for my X-fi elite pro a few years ago -while functional, the noise it picked up was unbearable.

On different note, has anyone here tried out any of the new Creative sound cards yet? I'm not in the market for one, but would like to read some impressions on how they sound versus the cards in the X-fi lineup.

17. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    Are you talking about the Recon3D cards? I myself have been wondering about them and cannot find a review for the PCI-E cards, just the usb one.

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. majestic12

majestic12

Thanks Received:
    Yeah -They (the PCIe ones) don't even show up on Creative's site yet! It's a really quiet product launch.

(I can see it on the Japanese Creative site -the US one is always slow to change.)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  19. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    And this is why creative is fail.
    [​IMG]