|CPU:||Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3 GHz|
(Sandy Bridge, 6144 KB Cache)
|Motherboard:||ASUS P8H67-M LX|
|Memory:||2x 2048 MB Kingston HyperX PC3-12800U DDR3|
@ 1333 MHz 9-9-9-24
|Software:||Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1|
|Drivers:||SATA: Microsoft AHCI|
Display: Intel 15.21.13
- After the initial configuration and installation, we created a disk image that will be used to test every drive.
- Automated updates were disabled for all programs. This ensures that—for every review—each drive gets the same settings without any possible interference from previous testing.
- Our disk image consumes around 58 GB on disk; we resized the partition to fill all available space on the drive.
- Partitions were checked for alignment.
- In order to minimize random variation, each of the real life performance tests is run ten times with reboots in-between tests to minimize the impact of disk cache. We used the average of ten runs as the final score.
- All application benchmarks run the actual application and do not replay any disk traces.