I would like to thank Mach Xtreme & CaseKing.de for providing the review sample.
About Mach Xtreme Technology
MX Technology is a new brand in the memory business, which was established very recently in January 2010. Even though Mach Xtreme has yet to celebrate its first birthday, all the staff members have an extensive background and long history within the IT industry. Mach Xtreme offers not only memory kits of all different flavors, but also SSDs and USB 3.0 flash drives as well. Most of their publicity is due to their colorful and urban branding, which is clearly visible all over their website. We have the pleasure to take a look at their USB 3.0 flash drive today. It simply carries the identifier "FX" while their USB 2.0 variants have the label "CX". The reviewed series is available in 16, 32 and 64 GB flavors.
- Model Name: MXUB3MFX-64G
- Capacity: 64GB
- Interface Type: USB 3.0
- Dimension: 78.0 x 27.0 x 9.3mm (LxWxH)
- Lightweight: 39g
- Max. Read Performance: Up to 125MB/s
- Max. Write Performance: Up to 80MB/s
- Low Power Consumption: DC 5.5V / Idle: 1.0W Active: 4.0W / Bus Power 900mA
- Shock Resistant: 1,500G
- Vibration: 20G
- Altitude: 80,000ft
- Operating Temp.: 0℃ ~ +70℃
- Storage Temp.: -45℃ ~ +85℃
- Data Reliability: Support 48/32/28 bit ECC correct per 2K Byte data
- OS Support: Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP / Windows 2000
- Certifications: RoHS / FCC / CE / Windows 7
- Other features: Compact Size / No External Power Cable Needed
- Warranty: 3 Years
Taking a quick look at the very colorful package, it is based on the same urban street design of the company website. Interestingly enough the package seems to be printed incorrectly as the front image with the size sticker is on the rear and the serial number has been placed on the front.
Even though the package is quite compact, a nice foam cutout protects the drive from any damage. This in combination with the sturdy cardboard and low weight means that you could toss this out a window a few stories high and the stick won't have a scratch on it.