I would like to thank Mach Xtreme & CaseKing.de for providing the review sample.
About Mach Xtreme Technology
MX Technology is a new brand in the memory business, which was established very recently in January 2010. Even though Mach Xtreme has yet to celebrate its first birthday, all the staff members have an extensive background and long history within the IT industry. Mach Xtreme offers not only memory kits of all different flavors, but also SSDs and USB 3.0 flash drives as well. Most of their publicity is due to their colorful and urban branding, which is clearly visible all over their website. We have the pleasure to take a look at their second USB 3.0 flash drive today. It simply carries the identifier "GX". The reviewed series is available in 8, 16, 32 and 64 GB flavors.
- Model Name: MXUB3MGX-16G
- Capacity: 16GB
- Interface Type: USB 3.0
- Dimension: 90.0 x 18.5 x 8.0mm (LxWxH)
- Lightweight: 25g
- Max. Read Performance: Up to 140MB/s* / [MX TurboFlash Mode]
- Max. Write Performance: Up to 30MB/s* / [MX TurboFlash Mode]
- Low Power Consumption: DC 5.5V / Idle: 1.0W Active: 4.0W / Bus Power 900mA
- Shock Resistant: 1,500G
- Vibration: 20G
- Altitude: 80,000ft
- Operating Temp.: 0℃ ~ +70℃
- OS Support Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP / Windows 2000
- Certifications: RoHS / FCC / CE / Windows 7
- Other features: Supports MX TurboFlash utility / Compact Size
- Warranty: 2 Years
Mach Xtreme has changed their packaging and are using a black cardboard with futuristic font in front, while the "spray paint" logo of theirs can be found on the back. The stick is clearly visible as a clear plastic dome has been glued on the cardboard to form the retail package. You will not get anything else with the GX series flash drive - no little lanyard or key chain.