I would like to thank Ben at Mountain Mods for supplying the review sample.
- The new HYPER MODULAR design puts a new spin on an old staple! Options are seemingly endless.
- NOW for water cooling enthusiasts: choose your fan hole spacing for your specific radiators! (Thermochill or Swiftech/Black Ice) In the front hold a Thermochill PA 120.3, Swiftech MCR320, or Black ICE Triple radiator while on the back choose Thermochill PA 120.2 or Swiftech MCR220/Black ICE Double radiator spacing.
- They can house up to 5 x 5.25 devices and up to a whopping 18 hard drives using Mountain Mods 120mm Fan Hard Drive brackets.
- The U2-UFO is fabricated by skilled workers in the USA.
- It is made from thick aluminum making it lightweight, sturdy, and thermally friendly.
- Casters are included for easy mobility.
Material: Aluminum 5052 Thickness: 1.65mm-3.25mm Dimensions: 18x18x18 inches Empty Weight: 15 lbs Cooling System: Front: Three to six 120mm (optional)
Rear: Zero to three 120mm (optional)
Side: Zero to three 120mm (optional)
or four 80mm (optional)
Drive Bays: Accessible: Five, six or ten 5.25’’ (depending on style chosen)
Hidden: Six 3.5’’ standard (additional HDD brackets available separately)
Colors: Mirror Black, Black Wrinkle, Anodized Black,
Sky White, Brushed Aluminum, or Custom Powder Coat
Expansion Slots: 7 Motherboards: Micro ATX , Standard ATX
About Mountain ModsFrom the Mountain Mods website:
Mountain Mods was established in June of 2003. The birth of Mountain Mods coincided with the unveiling of the first revision of the U2-UFO chassis. Mountain Mods at its birth produced only one single item - The U2-UFO brushed aluminum with Original Top. Shortly thereafter the Big Window and Solid Top versions were released as well as the smaller Twice7 version. In 2004 Mountain Mods filed for Patent Protection of the U2-UFO and Twice7. In 2006 the United States Patent and Trademark Office ratified the patent. While maintaining the overall design quality the U2-UFO has undergone many transformations. The evolutions are driven mainly by consumer suggestion and the growing knowledge of other manufactured parts and components. The current result of this evolutionary style is a single chassis platform that can be set up in over 15 thousand different configurations. Mountain Mods is different than most quantity based manufacturers. Mountain Mods puts its focus on quality and the continual betterment of its product. Five years later Mountain Mods has gone from 1 to over 200 of its own products manufactured fully in the USA as well as 200 more complimenting parts made by other manufacturers in the market.