IntroductionFrom the Manufacturer OCZ Technology:
- 400MHz DDR
- CL 2-2-2-5 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
- Also available in a 512MB module
- Gold Layered XTC Heatspreader*
- Lifetime Warranty
- 2.8 Volts
- 184 Pin DIMM
- Ultra Low Noise Technology - uses various printed circuit board (PCB) techniques to reduce the amount of electrical noise that is present in all high-speed ICs. This results in faster and more stable memory.
- EVP - OCZ's unique Extended Voltage Protection feature that allows performance enthusiasts to use a VDIMM of 3.0V ± 5% without invalidating their OCZ Lifetime Warranty.
The big innovation with this memory is that OCZ has spent a lot of time optimizing the heatspeaders for optimum temory temperature.
XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heatspreaders optimize the thermal management of memory modules by promoting greater airflow by means of micro-convection throughout what is usually the dead air space inside conventional heatspreader designs. In this manner, build-up of heat is avoided and thermal dissipation of the memory components is offloaded more efficiently through the honeycomb design. At the same time, mechanical stability is maintained.
Given the name, it is not hard to guess that OCZ uses gold-colored heatspreaders for the "Gold" series. In contrast to the earlier photos posted on some forums, the heatspreaders are now the same on both sides with a big Z in the middle.