I would like to thank Saitek for making this review possible.
Saitek is an established company and has made a name for themselves with their gaming devices. They also offer chess computers and audio solutions.
This is how Saitek describes itself:
Founded in 1979, Saitek entered the gaming market in 1993 and since then has grown to become a major brand in gaming peripherals for the PC. All our products are designed by gamers for gamers, to help them get the best out of their favorite PC games.We will be taking a look at the Saitek GH50 Surround Sound Headset. While many manufacturers use actual 5.1 speaker setups inside the headset, Saitek has opted for the use of SRS instead.
Our 2004 range includes many exciting new products, as well as enhancements to our existing product range to improve their performance further. We’ve also refined our manuals and programming guides to make it even easier to install and customize Saitek controllers.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our products. All our controllers are produced in our wholly-owned factory to ensure that they perform to the highest standards today and for many years to come. Saitek PC Gaming – superb design; total control.
- Uses patented SRS® TruSurround XT® technology for an immersive, virtual surround sound experience
- Emulate multi-channel surround sound through stereo speakers
- Total immersion to enhance any listening environment
- Totally flexible mic boom; find your optimum position for crystal clear communication
- Fully adjustable headphone and mic boom for a precise fit to suit all preferences
- Cushioned, over the ear cans for total comfort during prolonged periods of use
- Inline controls for volume, mute and surround sound
The GH50 headset comes packaged in completely see-through plastic. It is cleanly soldered shut, so you better have some scissors at your disposal. The packaging does have the advantage of letting the potential buyer see the entire unit with the SRS and volume module. The back lists the afore mentioned features in multiple languages.
Besides the headset itself, the only other items inside the package are two single pages of paper. One lists service addresses around the world, while the other is a text only manual. The print is rather small and there are no images, so get ready for a very focused read.