I would like to thank Thermaltake for providing the review sample.
Thermaltake provides the computer enthusiast with a variety of solutions from cooling, power supplies, storage and cases. We at TPU have been fortunate to have had the opportunity to review many of these items. Thermaltake has established itself in these areas since 1999 and like many manufactures you either like them, love them or could care less. Many computer enthusiasts can assert that their products provide quality goods at a reasonable price.
When the call came to see if I would be interested in doing the review on the Thermaltake Tai-Chi case I didn't hesitate and begged for an hour. Once I regained my composure I did some research, first I wanted see what the going rate was for this case, yes I'm still pulling carpet fiber from my goatee when my jaw dropped. Thermaltake provides the Tai-Chi in two versions, one with pre-installed water cooling and one without. Obviously the water cooled equipped Tai-Chi comes with a hefty price tag and is one of the most expensive cases. Gazing at this behemoth one would expect it to do laundry too, however everything I wash turns pink even the poka dots. So after having to explain to the kids we didn't get a new TV I lugged the box indoors.
Time to see what's inside the crate and makes this the top of the line Thermaltake offers.
- All aluminum extrusion built chassis
- Compact and stylish chassis
- BTX & ATX compatible
- Better choice for upgrading liquid cooling system
- Hydraulic side panel opening
- Tool-free installation
- Optimize internal space and airflow
- Support to 11 5.25'' drive bays
- Relocate-able front control panel (Power, Reset switch, HDD & PWR LEDs)
- Removable aluminum motherboard tray
- Easy Lifting Handles
- Model Tai-Chi - VB5001SNA(with liquid cooling system)
- Case Type Super Tower
- Net Weight 19.7Kg
- Dimension 600 x 263 x 546 mm (H*W*D)
- Drive Bays 11 Front Accessible 10 x 5.25", 1 x 3.5 "
- Material Aluminum Extrusion
- Color Silver & Black
- Expansion Slots 7
- Motherboards Micro ATX, ATX, BTX, Micro BTX, Pico BTX
- BTX Upgrade Kits SRM / Rear plate (optional)
- Liquid Cooling System 4 in 1 universal waterblock: All copper base with blue LED, and universal clips
- Case Fan Front (intake): 120x120x25 mm, Blue LED Fan, 1300 rpm, 17dBA
Internal 3 x 3.5"
Cooling system: Powerful DC 12v cm fan with performance radiator H 27 x W 22 x D 3.3 cm
12v liquid pump: Powerful DC 12v liquid pump (84 L / Hour)
Liquid Tank: Easy to refill the coolant
Water tubes: Transparent green water pipes
Rear (exhaust): 120x120x25 mm, Blue LED Fan, 1300 rpm, 17dBA