These instructions apply to both atiflash and flashrom, command-line syntax is the same. When using flashrom replace "atiflash" by "flashrom".
- Download the BIOS file (ATI BIOS collection here) and put it on a bootable floppy/usb stick/CD. Check bootdisk.com on how to get a boot disk.
The ATI BIOS collection has a new feature which serves you a bootable floppy image or bootable iso CD image with the BIOS you want on it. Click on "Advanced" when in the BIOS list.
- Download an ATI flashing utility and put it on this disk too.
- Reboot your computer with the boot disk and run atiflash -s 0 oldbios.bin to save your old BIOS just in case you might need it at a later time.
- Now run atiflash -p 0 newbios.bin Replace newbios.bin with the filename of the downloaded BIOS file.
- If you are trying to flash a BIOS for a different card then you will get a security warning that the BIOS does not match your card. If you are absolutely sure that the BIOS is compatible you can use the -f parameter to force flashing. For example atiflash -f -p 0 BIOS.bin
- Reboot your computer