• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Crappy Overclockers Club

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard MSI X370 Titanium
Cooling Tt Water2.0 PRO (They use the same bracket as 3.0)
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB 3200 15-15-15-35 B-Die (@3333 ATM)
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX R9 390 8GB
Storage Too many. Samsung 750GB, 120GB 850 EVO, Seagate 1TB, Toshiba 1TB, OCZ 32GB Cache Drive
Display(s) Samsung 46" UN46D6050 1080P HDTV
Case Home-made tech bench.
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX (I use HDMI though *cry*)
Power Supply CWT PUC1000V-S 1000W, Abee Supremer (import) 1200W currently used as primary.
Mouse Razer Copperhead (circa 2005)
Keyboard Tt Challenger Pro (AVOID! Keys wear super fast)
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
mmm, my atom could be slower than that, if it didnt have a ION LE attached still 11 marks is really good :p

Nope :ohwell: A friend tried with his Netbook, and it scored over 300 **CORRECTION: he re-ran it for a score of 0 as well!! lol** **RE-CORRECTION: He just told me it was his ASUS C2D Laptop with a 9400GT :ohwell:** with it's old school Intel chipset! Which is an i945 I think? I could likely get a lower CPU score than what my P0 score got, but really... what's the point? lol (Posted it on HWBot as well)

EDIT: OK I just saw his screenshot... While it IS a P0 score... his GPU score is 36, CPU score is 3453 and he's got test result scores all rather high, at least in comparison to mine and rick's 0's almost across the board heh

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 74752

Nope :ohwell: A friend tried with his Netbook, and it scored over 300 **CORRECTION: he re-ran it for a score of 0 as well!! lol** with it's old school Intel chipset! Which is an i945 I think? I could likely get a lower CPU score than what my P0 score got, but really... what's the point? lol (Posted it on HWBot as well)

EDIT: OK I just saw his screenshot... While it IS a P0 score... his GPU score is 36, CPU score is 3453 and he's got test result scores all rather high, at least in comparison to mine and rick's 0's almost across the board heh

Just looked closer Formula and it appears your score is invalid...there must be a "P" in front of the score. You must have run the benchmark at other than default settings. Sorry. :ohwell:

I'm still King of Underclockers! :toast: (Not even a laptop can best me lol...:laugh:)

Go for it boys...:cool: http://hwbot.org/community/submission/996715_rickss69_3dmark_vantage___performance_gma_hd_11_marks

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Storage Too many. Samsung 750GB, 120GB 850 EVO, Seagate 1TB, Toshiba 1TB, OCZ 32GB Cache Drive
Power Supply CWT PUC1000V-S 1000W, Abee Supremer (import) 1200W currently used as primary.
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
Just looked closer Formula and it appears your score is invalid...there must be a "P" in front of the score. You must have run the benchmark at other than default settings. Sorry. :ohwell:

I'm still King of Underclockers! :toast: (Not even a laptop can best me lol...:laugh:)

Go for it boys...:cool: http://hwbot.org/community/submission/996715_rickss69_3dmark_vantage___performance_gma_hd_11_marks

Don't celebrate JUST yet ;) It's because my resolution wasn't 1280x1024 (it's x800). So, all I have to do is connect it to a monitor and BLAMF your score is toast :laugh: I'll do that now before bed so it can run for another 6hrs :ohwell:

System Name PBD
Processor Core i5 760 @ 4.0GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus III Gene
Cooling Corsair H-50-1
Memory 4 x 4096mb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 Cas7
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU TOP
Storage Crucial 256GB SSD (system) + 2x Samsung F3 1TB (storage) + 2x 2TB Raid-1 NAS (backup)
Display(s) Dell SP2309w 23" 2048x1152
Case Antec Max Fusion Remote
Power Supply Corsair AX750W
Software Win 7 Pro x64
This club seems appropriate for me. I admit that my main fault was lack of patience. And a nagging missus. It's hard to properly OC something when you're being dragged off every 20 minutes to do something meaningful. :shadedshu I'd always get back and forget what I was tweaking at the time.

I never managed to get my Q6600 stable at anything more than 3.2GHz.

I've got to admit though, my new i5 760 is a piece of piss to overclock, even with the cheapest RAM I could get: rock solid at 3.8GHz, and will be stable at 4GHz when I iron out some bumps. :rockout:

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
is a piece of piss

Gold old British-English :laugh: Until I finished your post, it sounded like your i5 was junk :rolleyes:

I don't pretend to understand Intel when it comes to overclocking :\ If I think there are too many variables with AMD, they seem even worse IMO :ohwell:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
The mobo saga

Ok TMM, here's a tale of crap overclocking for you. :D

Way back in '99 I had a PC Shits, sorry, PC Chips M590 motherboard (Socket 7). This was that infamous fake board which allegedly had "FSB100" capability that didn't.

It used some cheap SiS chipset that was only actually rated for 83MHz. The standard CPU setting on that mobo only ran at 66MHz. "Overclocking" it to "100MHz" in the BIOS, actually set it to 83MHz and it ran unstable as fuck, blue screening Windows 98 even more than it would do on its own. Heck, it was such a shitty motherboard, that it gained widespread notoriety when the fakeness was exposed and articles were written about it far and wide online and offline. Those articles are a bit hard to find now on the internet though, unfortunately.

Oddly, the onboard SiS 6326 graphics chip had its own dedicated 8MB video RAM. Why they bothered, I don't know.

A Cyrix 333 CPU and a couple of AMD 450MHz K6's were unlucky enough to have been plugged into it. The AMDs overclocked somewhat better than the Cyrix, but I could only get another 50Mhz or so out of them. Also, I'm embarrased to admit that I had no thermal paste on the CPU in those early days of PC building, and it was actually optional! On top of that, the HSF was quite small, noisy and ineffective.

I got a refund on this piece of shit and I bought an Asus or something afterwards. This was the trigger that lead me to choose all my hardware critically, rather than just go by price and I've been doing that ever since.

This mobo was no one-off lemon: I got my paws on a second one to try out some time later and it ran just as badly.

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
Ok TMM, here's a tale of crap overclocking for you. :D

Way back in '99 I had a PC Shits, sorry, PC Chips M590 motherboard (Socket 7). This was that infamous fake board which allegedly had "FSB100" capability that didn't.

It used some cheap SiS chipset that was only actually rated for 83MHz. The standard CPU setting on that mobo only ran at 66MHz. "Overclocking" it to "100MHz" in the BIOS, actually set it to 83MHz and it ran unstable as fuck, blue screening Windows 98 even more than it would do on its own. Heck, it was such a shitty motherboard, that it gained widespread notoriety when the fakeness was exposed and articles were written about it far and wide online and offline. Those articles are a bit hard to find now on the internet though, unfortunately.

Oddly, the onboard SiS 6326 graphics chip had its own dedicated 8MB video RAM. Why they bothered, I don't know.

A Cyrix 333 CPU and a couple of AMD 450MHz K6's were unlucky enough to have been plugged into it. The AMDs overclocked somewhat better than the Cyrix, but I could only get another 50Mhz or so out of them. Also, I'm embarrased to admit that I had no thermal paste on the CPU in those early days of PC building, and it was actually optional! On top of that, the HSF was quite small, noisy and ineffective.

I got a refund on this piece of shit and I bought an Asus or something afterwards. This was the trigger that lead me to choose all my hardware critically, rather than just go by price and I've been doing that ever since.

This mobo was no one-off lemon: I got my paws on a second one to try out some time later and it ran just as badly.

Probably the same model in the system I got from the State Fair Grounds, which were leased out to various events during the rest of the year when the Fair wasn't on (so like 10 or 11 of the 12 months haha). I was young at the time and our only computer before that was the Packard Bell 486DX2 66MHz system we got new in 1994. All I remember was it had a K6-2, 350MHz I think, a PC Chips board, and it never worked... ever heh Now I'm confident that had I known then what I do now, I'd have been able to get it running, but simply wasn't the case :p We did manage to get our money back, even though he was I suppose what you could consider a traveling salesman :) Oh AND we never had to get rid of the system, but sadly I don't know where all the components ended up.

Anyways, you really have to compare percentages when going back that old. 50Mhz sounds pitiful, until you put it into context against a base clock of 300-350Mhz ;) So a 15% OC then would mean 480MHz over a 3200MHz base clock. WHICH is pretty much exactly what I can muster... But the comparison doesn't quite stop there either, because a CPU back then being built on the fabrication process of the time wouldn't yield the same headroom as a CPU of today. So for all we know, you had a CPU that could OC on par with the rest :p Given my total lack of understanding of overclocking when I had my Athlon TBird 700 Slot-A, I was only able to get 50Mhz out of it heh I just didn't know about voltages, and their effect on such things. Now I just don't understand ideal voltages for Phenom IIs, AM3 chipsets and all the addition memory options (not the timings but the drive strengths and what not). :(

So I reran Vantage, countless times because it kept giving me the most BS errors after 4hrs of running (unplugged device [none were...], losing fullscreen [wasn't even near the system and nothing else was running], and one other), but I managed to get one ran at 1280x1024 JUST to get the "P" in front of my 0 score that rickss was complaining I didn't have and therefore, did not beat him -_- Sent him a screenshot and am waiting to hear back if he 'approves'... I suspect he's now trying to get lower than mine because he worked long and hard to get 11, and all I had to do was simply cripple my laptop then run the benchmark :laugh:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
@Formula350

Looks like you got shafted as well. This reminds me of a corporate deal that a friend got. He knew before he bought the PCs that they had M590's in them and asked me. I said "Don't do it!" which included words such as $%^! and even "$£%!!!!!!!!!!!!! but he went ahead anyway. Well, other than the crap performance, they all worked ok for a good couple of years at least, which is really odd and he got lucky. I can only think that these were a later batch made after the scandal broke, so they didn't just make duds and send them out as working boards.

You're right about that overclock being high percentage wise. It was an increase from either 400MHz or 450MHz, I can't remember now and you could feel it on the desktop, too. How those chips managed it with such a crap cooler and no thermal paste, I dunno. :laugh: I can't remember if there was voltage control on this thing or not, now.

This mobo was so unstable, that nothing you did got rid of it, including significant underclocking. The RAM sockets were a joy: you could wobble the modules with ease, although it didn't seem to trigger a bsod directly.

Man, I hated this thing and it still raises my blood pressure thinking about it today. I have to confess that I was new to PCs then and I actually had a local PC dealer build a PC for me at a spec I specified and at the lowest cost. :eek::eek: That's unthinkable nowadays. Don't tell anyone I ever did this, will you? ;)

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
@Formula350

Looks like you got shafted as well. This reminds me of a corporate deal that a friend got. He knew before he bought the PCs that they had M590's in them and asked me. I said "Don't do it!" which included words such as $%^! and even "$£%!!!!!!!!!!!!! but he went ahead anyway. Well, other than the crap performance, they all worked ok for a good couple of years at least, which is really odd and he got lucky. I can only think that these were a later batch made after the scandal broke, so they didn't just make duds and send them out as working boards.

You're right about that overclock being high percentage wise. It was an increase from either 400MHz or 450MHz, I can't remember now and you could feel it on the desktop, too. How those chips managed it with such a crap cooler and no thermal paste, I dunno. :laugh: I can't remember if there was voltage control on this thing or not, now.

This mobo was so unstable, that nothing you did got rid of it, including significant underclocking. The RAM sockets were a joy: you could wobble the modules with ease, although it didn't seem to trigger a bsod directly.

Man, I hated this thing and it still raises my blood pressure thinking about it today. I have to confess that I was new to PCs then and I actually had a local PC dealer build a PC for me at a spec I specified and at the lowest cost. :eek::eek: That's unthinkable nowadays. Don't tell anyone I ever did this, will you? ;)

Having a system built, at least to your specs, I feel is less embarrassing than say... buying a DELL or HP :p

Now it's highly unlikely that the CPU and heatsink had a true enough surface to make a ideal bond, I'm willing to bet that while the older fab process (IE: very large dies) were the result of poor overclocking, it is also the reason for their hearty nature which allowed for improved stability at increased temperatures. As an example my neighbor got a Celeron 333MHz Slot-1 system right after we bought another Packard Bell (hey, the first one treated us well enough that we were repeat customers lol) which had a K6-2 300Mhz, and while the majority of the system went by the wayside, the CPU he held onto. Now he was a paraplegic and for anyone who isn't familiar with that term, a spinal injury left him paralyzed from the shoulders down. He did have arm control, just no hand/finger control at all :ohwell: That didn't stop him from being very good at playing games both console AND computer with the keyboard! I know I'm veering off topic a bit, but the way he managed to game on a computer is rather fascinating as I challenge anyone to try and do that w/o hand control. Basically if you let your hand go limp and notice how your fingers sort of curl, that's how his were, so he would basically wrest his hand on the arrow keys to somehow manage to roll his fingers onto them to control the game he was playing, and it wasn't sloppy either... he was VERY very good at Quake 2 multiplayer! He even got banned from a server for suspicion of using an aimbot :wtf: Whats more is now imagine using the mouse w/o finger control! He trained his brain to use the mouse sideways, with the mouse cord facing the keyboard (he was right handed)! So like arrow key movement, he would roll his hand to the left either slightly back or forwards to click the L or R mouse bottoms :twitch:

Anyways story aside, the reason I mention that is because any computer work involving hardware you can imagine the complexity of him building a system. Normally I'd do it for him as he knew I liked doing that anyways, but his Ex-Wife needed a computer and so he built her one using that Celeron 333... Now I don't know if this was out of spite, or because he obviously couldn't install it, but there was NO heatsink on that thing... and it ran stable... o_0 I actually have the board and CPU, because they upgraded from that system later on, but I might have toasted one of them in my playing around (literally, playing). It obviously got really hot w/o a sink, so I was using it as a heatsink testbed and had flipped all the dipswitches to make it run at 100MHz FSB and like 933Mhz or something :laugh: I had tried the system recently because it's the only one with ISA slots, which I wanted to test some nostalgia hardware a friend bought off eBay, but it wouldn't power on sadly. I had put a heatsink on it too, so excess heat wasn't the reason, but it could be the motherboard too and I won't know unless I get another CPU(or Slocket)+Slot-1 board from somewhere to test everything.

Alright I've clearly rambled enough! :D

D

Deleted member 74752

I see Formula finally got it right - Congrats on the laptop score...now try it on a desktop chip. :cool:

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
I see Formula finally got it right - Congrats on the laptop score...now try it on a desktop chip. :cool:

Considering I can boot Win7 at 100MHz? Well... I think I could oblige :laugh:

I am VERY reluctant to do that though, because it would take so incredibly long to run :( You don't even WANT to know how long it took Windows to load! (probably 30mins). Once it did though, it was surprisingly not as sluggish as I figured it'd be, then again it was still a dual-core and I had to have the CPU-NB, HT and RAM running faster than I had them set to. I downclocked it further to 75Mhz, but it crashed while trying to take a CPUz cap. I got 85Mhz though... which has disappeared :\ Oh well, I can nab it if I decide to run it at 100MHz :eek:

my fail e1200 on p5kse didn't budge up 5fsb =(

Did you bump the voltage on anything? Even still, I'd think it would manage more than 5MHZ on the FSB :\

well, I sold that piece of crap, and now I'm on i5 750 at 3.6ghz! =)
Bumping voltages and updating bios did nothing.

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
well, I sold that piece of crap, and now I'm on i5 750 at 3.6ghz! =)
Bumping voltages and updating bios did nothing.

Guess you could've just had a bum motherboard :\ A friend's MSI S939 board would only muster 12Mhz haha

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
Guess you could've just had a bum motherboard :\ A friend's MSI S939 board would only muster 12Mhz haha

My current Motherboard is the same.
Previous motherboard which had AGP could get my CPU up to 2.6 :p
Used a ASUS SLi Delixe for a whiole and my CPU would get to 2.7 but the motherboard did not like XP w/SP3
Plus my CPU is a poor overclocker, plus my RAM so yeah I join the club for now.

Going to stay with AMD on my next build so I might still be in this club.

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
My current Motherboard is the same.
Previous motherboard which had AGP could get my CPU up to 2.6 :p
Used a ASUS SLi Delixe for a whiole and my CPU would get to 2.7 but the motherboard did not like XP w/SP3
Plus my CPU is a poor overclocker, plus my RAM so yeah I join the club for now.

Going to stay with AMD on my next build so I might still be in this club.

If I knew my S939 CPU still worked (3800 X2) I could sell ya it haha It did 2.8GHz no problem. Alas, my old Antec PSU of at least 7 years either took out the CPU and my spare single core, or took out both motherboards (both bad ass too, sadly) :cry:

Use this tool, it's where I had a lot of luck with my system. I couldn't get far in the BIOS for some reason, I mean it's not a lack of options, but the system wouldn't load windows at a certain speed. Yet when I'd get INTO windows, I could set the speeds I wanted :confused:

I ran my S939 up until later in 2009 (save for a year that my computer was in storage while/after moving), so I got pretty familiar with that program. I wish it worked for AM3 systems :( CPU-Tweaker is pretty close (AM3 and 'Core i' CPUs) but there are a few things in it that I wish weren't blocked out from changing, and that it had memory speed ability like A64Info!! *sigh* Oh well, maybe I'll contact the dude and see if he'll make a version for advanced users, or those of us not scared of a BSOD? lol

So anyways, my point: Take a screenshot of the first 3 tabs (CPU, Memory/Timings and whatever the next one is called) and I can try and help you coax some more speed from the system. If not by overclocking, at least by some memory tuning!

Attachments

• A64Info.zip
    120.3 KB · Views: 199
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
@Formula350
I'm sticking with my stock settings.

My CPU has always ran hot and took a lot of power to get it up and stable unfortunately.
I think it is getting too old as it started to run hot even under a Tuniq Tower.
I am running it naked just because it started to run so hot.

X2 3800+ are know to be very good overclockers like it's Opteron counterpart.
erocker had one which did 3.0Ghz no probs.

Oddly regardless of how high end the CPU was, they are generally hit a wall about 2.7Ghz 3.0Ghz.

I'll start overclocking again when i get my X4 955 BE with OCZ BE sticks.

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
@Formula350
I'm sticking with my stock settings.

Fair enough :)

One thing I'd check with that program, if your BIOS doesn't have the option, is if your memory is running at Command Rate: 1, and not 2. Huge memory bandwidth boost from that. I was able to get between 6500 and 7000mb/s (in Sandra) with my rig, which about 2000mb/s was JUST from running at 1T instead of 2T!

Processor Intel i5 2500K
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Fair enough :)

One thing I'd check with that program, if your BIOS doesn't have the option, is if your memory is running at Command Rate: 1, and not 2. Huge memory bandwidth boost from that. I was able to get between 6500 and 7000mb/s (in Sandra) with my rig, which about 2000mb/s was JUST from running at 1T instead of 2T!

Yep first thing I made sure I did :)

My RAM has tight timings for a 1GB stick of it's time.
I did run the RAM at 1T as my motherboard automatically runs them at that timing and did notice a difference in performance.

BTW already popped off the IHS on the CPU cleaned and applied some as5, resealed it with windshield on acidic goop and it did nothing to the performance so I may run it naked as I planned to with some pen erasers for shims as support.

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
Yep first thing I made sure I did :)

My RAM has tight timings for a 1GB stick of it's time.
I did run the RAM at 1T as my motherboard automatically runs them at that timing and did notice a difference in performance.

BTW already popped off the IHS on the CPU cleaned and applied some as5, resealed it with windshield on acidic goop and it did nothing to the performance so I may run it naked as I planned to with some pen erasers for shims as support.

When I got mine out of storage and finally got it working, I started to try and relearn overclocking and try to push it further. I did a little, but managed some strange things with my Corsair XMS that had "very crappy" PROMOS modules. Anyways I'm not sure if it was the DFI board I had gotten (free) or that something was just not right, but I managed to get that DDR-400 (2x1GB) rated RAM over 520MHz, and then the opposite by timing it at like 2-1-0 (I made a thread about it and can get all the timings if you want). Somehow managed to drop every timing but 2 of them (CAS I think and one sub-timing) to their lowest that A64Info had :twitch: I had taken a CPUz shot too and it was reflecting those timings, plus the performance changed (albeit not huge). I'm kinda glad those sticks survived at least.

One thing I noticed in my readventures in OCing was that the "RAS# to RAS#" timing resulted in a decent boost in performance as well. Now, not near as good as the Comm Rate, but still nice.

System Name PBD
Processor Core i5 760 @ 4.0GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus III Gene
Cooling Corsair H-50-1
Memory 4 x 4096mb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 Cas7
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU TOP
Storage Crucial 256GB SSD (system) + 2x Samsung F3 1TB (storage) + 2x 2TB Raid-1 NAS (backup)
Display(s) Dell SP2309w 23" 2048x1152
Case Antec Max Fusion Remote
Power Supply Corsair AX750W
Software Win 7 Pro x64
System Name Obelisc
Processor i7 3770k @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling H110
Memory 16GB(4x4) @ 2400 MHz 9-11-11-31
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti
Storage 850 EVO 1TB, 2x 5TB Toshiba
Case T81
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply EVGA 850 T2 80+ TITANIUM
Software Win10 64bit
I think this qualifies me.

Note the memory speed, then note that these are 2.4 GHz sticks. Damn uncore limitations. Can't budge any higher.

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
I can overclock a CPU fine (Intel-wise) but its just really a matter of finding a sweet spot for the voltage so it's pretty much straight forward at the moment.

ALTHOUGH the RAM! I can't for the life of me get it to run to 2000mhz or with lower latency settings, It will be super unstable even under the correct voltages SIGH. Teaches me to buy good branded RAM when I don't even know how to use it for OC -_-.

I regret buying intel and I regret NOT buying GSkill tridents 1600mhz. Bulldozer hurry the damn hell up! :laugh: