• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Those Pesky Battlefield 3 Bugs Are Getting Quashed

Black Haru

Staff member
oh, please pull yourself together with your pro-gimmick "mouse" and visit the nearest clue-shop asap. I'm running game servers and playing competitive fps games since they are exist. I'm not saying I know everything but please(!) don't tell me what I should buy and why because you have clearly no idea whatsoever. FYI: attention whoring != skill

I wonder what could be more important in an FPS game than control, and btw, I want to bind jump to RMB if you are interested.

whats with the hostility? using what he just said, you can bind whatever button you want...

also, the RAT7 is one of the best mice on the market.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
Serious, any half way decent gaming mouse allows you to map key binds off your keyboard. Which should be good for 99% of people, that 1% is mailman who remaps his movement keys to his mouse then makes WASD something else. If you want your knife on your mouse, simple enough for me, open my RAT 7 profile, set any of my mouse buttons to hit key F when pressed. Like I said, buy a better mouse (granted wasn't to you). Example below

http://img.techpowerup.org/111002/Capture127.jpg
Now my thumb scroll will knife, if I want it to.

I like that idea. But problem is, sometimes fixing one bug causes another. And some of these bugs we have found might have only been under the stress from all of the players. So if they go fixing a ton of bugs, it could just open a new can of worms.
Shouldn't have to remap via mouse software. It should be a game feature, period.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Shouldn't have to remap via mouse software. It should be a game feature, period.

maybe its all been fixed already in the new build. after all we are still running a bugged out version of the beta according to a lot of sources

System Name scrapper
Processor Intel i5-6600k @ 4.0Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Z-170A
Cooling H100i
Memory Corsair Vengence 16gb ddr4 @3000
Video Card(s) GTX 1070 EVGA SC
Storage 2x 500GB Samsung 850 SSD
Display(s) CrossOver 27" 1440p LG IPS @ 120Hz
Case Corsair 650D
Power Supply AX-850W
its not just mouse functions that don't bind...
i have a MX518 Gaming mouse, its tried and tested to be a GREAT mouse for gaming im not buying new hardware because it is a flawless gaming mouse and no other mouse is as comfortable on the hand.

joysticks do not bind either, and anyone who was able to get into Caspian Border map knows how retarded that is.

to this day they STILL do not have proper joystick support in BC2, when twisting left, the chopper still twists right for most joysticks out there.

they need proper support for all devices and full use of them. i shouldn't have to program my mouse to MB5 = f, i should just use MB5 as knife.

and the joystick thing was a joke in beta. i truley hope they get it fixed upon release cause in BC2 is wasn't that big a deal but BF3 is HUGE maps with lots of air combat and if i can't get my stick working then that is utter BS on EA's part.

System Name Quiet Gaming PC v5
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 (rev. 1.2)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE Rev. C
Memory 2x16GB TeamGroup Vulcan Z Red DDR4-3600 CL18
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT 309 RX 6700 XT
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe // TeamGroup MP34 4TB NVMe // Crucial MX100 512GB
Display(s) MSI G27CQ4 E2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1200
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard MKPlus Slayer M3 RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro
Problem: Can't bind mouse buttons

DICE apologist's solution: Buy new mouse.

Brilliant.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513
Software Win 11
Problem: BF3 BETA does/don't _____________, __________________, _____________ .

Solution: :cry: some more, Learn definition of BETA, then wait for the actual game to come out.

System Name scrapper
Motherboard ASUS Z-170A
Cooling H100i
Case Corsair 650D
Power Supply AX-850W
yes but in a BETA controls should atleast work. that is ALPHA material to fix, and they didn't then either

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
pc mouse controls not working in a console port?

for what its worth i have no trouble playing on a 360 pad :thumb:

System Name scrapper
Motherboard ASUS Z-170A
Cooling H100i
Case Corsair 650D
Power Supply AX-850W
BF3 is not a console port. BC2 was, BF3 was developed on and for PC then ported to consoles, that is why so many features are missing in consoles ;)

Bow

System Name SLOW-MO-SHUN III
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 7950X 4.5ghz 16 Core
Motherboard MSI MPG X670E Carbon wifi
Cooling Quench 360 Liquid Cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR 5-5200
Video Card(s) NVidia GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB GDDR6X
Storage 1TB Kingston NV2 M.2 SSD 2TB 2.5 SanDisk SSD Plus
Display(s) Asus 28" VP28UQG 4K 3840x2160
Case Athena M1, 6 Chassis Fans
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA Super Nova 1000W
Mouse Razer Deathadder
Keyboard Razer Ornata
Software Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
whats with the hostility? using what he just said, you can bind whatever button you want...

also, the RAT7 is one of the best mice on the market.

No hostility at all, I just replied when he went hostile on me the second time. I don't want start a debate about mice here, but let's make it clear that no laser mouse come any close to be the best mouse in the market, period. (optical mice like the MS WMO1.1, MS IE3.0 or LOGI MX500 are 10 times better than wannabe zillion-DPI zillion-buttons laser gimmicks)

I was the alpha/beta tester of many fps games, but never ever saw a customization problem like this one. Control is the very first thing what you do when you gave the game to the testers, way before alpha tbh.
I'm not mad or anything, I just find it ridiculous that they fix graphics and other unimportant stuff when the netcode and the control (the two most important things in an fps game) are broken. Who the hell cares about crosshair graphics or ranking stuffz anyway, when you can't even beta-test properly?

And about this matter, I have a MS and a Logitech mice atm, and I can't bind the RMB only the extra buttons in the official software (I hacked it ofc, but casual gamers can't do that).
And again, this is not about me and my problem, it's about what they should fix the first (obviously)!

edit:typo

Last edited:

Black Haru

Staff member
its not just mouse functions that don't bind...
i have a MX518 Gaming mouse, its tried and tested to be a GREAT mouse for gaming im not buying new hardware because it is a flawless gaming mouse and no other mouse is as comfortable on the hand.

joysticks do not bind either, and anyone who was able to get into Caspian Border map knows how retarded that is.

to this day they STILL do not have proper joystick support in BC2, when twisting left, the chopper still twists right for most joysticks out there.

they need proper support for all devices and full use of them. i shouldn't have to program my mouse to MB5 = f, i should just use MB5 as knife.

and the joystick thing was a joke in beta. i truley hope they get it fixed upon release cause in BC2 is wasn't that big a deal but BF3 is HUGE maps with lots of air combat and if i can't get my stick working then that is utter BS on EA's part.

... so your saying that you are mad because they did not have support for a feature that you were not supposed to have access to? there are no vehicles in metro, why would they spend time adding joystick support for it??

Unless you were officially invited to a Caspian server (the only person I know of on here is Gully), I don't wan't to here you QQ about it. It makes you sound like a pretentious prick.

No hostility at all, I just replied when he went hostile on me the second time. I don't want start a debate about mice here, but let's make it clear that no laser mouse come any close to be the best mouse in the market, period. (optical mice like the MS WMO1.1, MS IE3.0 or LOGI MX500 are 10 times better than wannabe zillion-DPI zillion-buttons laser gimmicks)

I was the alpha/beta tester of many fps games, but never ever saw a customization problem like this one. Control is the very first thing what you do when you gave the game to the testers, way before alpha tbh.
I'm not mad or anything, I just find it ridiculous that they fix graphics and other unimportant stuff when the netcode and the control (the two most important things in an fps game) are broken. Who the hell cares about crosshair graphics or ranking stuffz anyway, when you can't even beta-test properly?

And about this matter, I have a MS and a Logitech mice atm, and I can't bind the RMB only the extra buttons in the official software (I hacked it ofc, but casual gamers can't do that).
And again, this is not about me and my problem, it's about what they should fix the first (obviously)!

edit:typo

I agree, I would rather they spend time on functionality before eye-candy. but here are two facts: first, they have fixes for most of these bugs, but they have no intention of adding those fixes to the beta. second: unfortunately, many casual gamers care a lot less about the functionality and a lot more about the eycandy and bragging rights.
between the two, DICE's choices seem pretty logical to me.

also, not all of us are pro-gamers, and most of us are perfectly happy with our laser mice. the RAT7 specifically has some features that make it appealing above other mice- comfort. the customization means you can make it fit your hand. (except mailman, we all know there is only one thing he likes in his hand all the time)

lashton

hmmm

I thinj rish mode is the gayest mode ever, remind anyone of useless CS?

System Name scrapper
Motherboard ASUS Z-170A
Cooling H100i
Case Corsair 650D
Power Supply AX-850W
... so your saying that you are mad because they did not have support for a feature that you were not supposed to have access to? there are no vehicles in metro, why would they spend time adding joystick support for it??

Unless you were officially invited to a Caspian server (the only person I know of on here is Gully), I don't wan't to here you QQ about it. It makes you sound like a pretentious prick.
)[/SIZE]

i was invited to play caspian border, so yes, i was supposed to be testing that map. im not QQing about it, i just think that things like control and control configuration should be sorted out in alpha, these are not things to "discover" in beta.

XD they atleast patched it so that people like me can't say dl the server files, edit them a bit launch the server join it then in the server console type "ServerAwardSystem.fakeKills 350", suicide and repeat until i unlock all the guns and attachments and then type "server.endRound" and make this perma to my account. Now servers need auth, although there has been some leeway in setting up a xbox360/ps3 server that you can join with your computer, but nothing on making one of those servers that you can join with console and repeat.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
oh, please pull yourself together with your pro-gimmick "mouse" and visit the nearest clue-shop asap. I'm running game servers and playing competitive fps games since they are exist. I'm not saying I know everything but please(!) don't tell me what I should buy and why because you have clearly no idea whatsoever. FYI: attention whoring != skill

I wonder what could be more important in an FPS game than control, and btw, I want to bind jump to RMB if you are interested.

I offered you a solution to fix a problem in a beta, stop the sob story and the insults. It's a beta not a demo, grow up. The solution I offered you works just fine, you can throw around your e-wang as much as you like, (I own the moon) but odds are, if you are as hardcore as you say you are. Then your mouse has software to map keys, use them one person in this thread already had the ability to but didn't realize it till I said it. But it's nice to see someone with very little posts using reaction faces to start a thread then being a pro-gamer and insulting in the same thread, glad to try and help you out!

The biggest issue is one map. :ohwell:

I agree, but we are testing the game, not demoing it. Less than a month till release, thats fine by me.

Well we aren't playing the release game, we are playing the beta. It seems people don't understand that at all. They have a bindings menu, expect it to work, it won't let me remap any key at all, OMG IT'S BROKEN!!11!1 I just don't get the point in that kind of response.

Last edited:
System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage
Problem: BF3 BETA does/don't _____________, __________________, _____________ .

Solution: :cry: some more, Learn definition of BETA, then wait for the actual game to come out.

Public beta isn't an excuse for a broken game.

WarraWarra

This actually looks like a half decent game or a reason to go and buy a gaming pc.

I watched the Youtube videos of gameplay and noticed that some players just has no clue of teamwork, shake and bake and the general effort of as a team moving forwards and winning.
Also noticed there are some bugs related to movement, guns, some lag on i7-990x nv580sli's that is part of the game not the actual servers / pc's.
Some areas you could see through the ground as if flying just below the ground / falling through the map when running over hills.

This is getting close to 2005/2006 game standards but with better / more detailed graphics.

If they fix that bugs then this could end up being a really decent game, 1st one since 2005/6 worth buying. Guns looks a bit pathetic and needs allot of work. The choices of guns in the youtube videos seems incorrect for what is happening in the game.
Graphics is okay but expected more and the over / under saturation in some area's was very annoying, other graphics was very nice.

Any idea on a dedicated server for user hosting and game map editors as they are real deal makers / braker's when I buy games. Can not rely on Forrest Gump and his 3 days out of kindergarten networking degree's running the hosted server for the game developers.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
Public beta isn't an excuse for a broken game.

The stuff people are crying about in this thread aren't broken things. They are comfort things. The best place to take any complains is to their forums, but I rarely see anyone in the TPU Platoon posting on there, just complaining here.

System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage
The stuff people are crying about in this thread aren't broken things. They are comfort things. The best place to take any complains is to their forums, but I rarely see anyone in the TPU Platoon posting on there, just complaining here.

Just because your not in the TPU platoon doesn't mean your not voicing your complaints.;)

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
Just because your not in the TPU platoon doesn't mean your not voicing your complaints.;)

I just hope everyone is, it's why we are testing the game. Give them as much feedback as you can.

System Name Sovereign // HTPC
Processor i7 3770k 4.2 // i7 3770k 4.2
Motherboard Maximus V Gene // Sabertooth Z77
Cooling Noctua D14 // Intel HSF
Memory 16GB Samsung // 16GB VengeanceLP
Video Card(s) Deciding // 660 DC2
Storage OS (X25-M), Data (Seagate 1TB) // Samsung 840 120GB & bunch of drives
Display(s) Samsung T240HD // LG TV
Case TJ08e // Grandia GD08
Audio Device(s) DT880 Pro 250 ohm // TV speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Plat 1000 // Seasonic Gold 760
Software Windows 8 Pro x64 // Windows 7 Pro x64
Ok peeps, how exactly are bugs being swashed if they didn't release a installable patch?

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
Ok peeps, how exactly are bugs being swashed if they didn't release a installable patch?

Thats what I'm talking about :) A lot of people are complaining without reading what DICE says. There will not be bug fixes in the beta, they will be in the release build, it's supposedly about a month ahead of the beta build. I can't say I agree with that method completely, but if it gets issued fixed, then it's fine by me.

System Name 2K Gamer
Processor AMD 8370 @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS Pro Gaming / Aura 970
Cooling Corsair H60 AIO
Memory 16GB G. Skill RipJaw @ 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP! GTX 1070
Storage Samsung 600 Gig HDD (Raid 0 @ 7,500) / WD 1TB Blue @ 7,200 / PNY 128 GB SSD For Linux
Display(s) 27'' ASUS 144MHZ G-SYNC Read 1400p Gaming Monitor / 23'' LG LCD Flatron W2361VG 1080p @ 50,000:1
Case NZXT Source 530
Audio Device(s) Onboard 7.1 HD Realtek
Power Supply 750w Corsair HX
Mouse Cougar Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Saitek Eclipse
Software Windows 10 64bit Education Edition
Glad I am avoiding all these headaches :) ...I won't be able to play the BETA until later next week ;) Hopefully by then most of these problems will be fixed

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Glad I am avoiding all these headaches :) ...I won't be able to play the BETA until later next week ;) Hopefully by then most of these problems will be fixed

until next week???

sorry to be the bringer of bad news but the beta ends on the 10th - there wont be a 'next week'