• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
No need to install Dolby Access. Because Dolby Access features are available in Dolby Atmos driver
Dolby Atmos has a headphone mode. Installing more Dolby Access is redundant
Install only atmos driver and go to spatial sound tab. Can you select Dolby Atmos for Headphone?
On loading Dolby Access, Windows also download required files for Dolby Atmos for Headphone; Spatial API.

Install only atmos driver and go to spatial sound tab. Can you select Dolby Atmos for Headphone?
On loading Dolby Access, Windows also download required files for Dolby Atmos for Headphone; Spatial API.
No. I use Dolby Atmos for headphone without Dolby Access. When you plug in the headphone jack, Dolby Atmos will switch from speaker mode to headphone mode

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
No. I use Dolby Atmos for headphone without Dolby Access. When you plug in the headphone jack, Dolby Atmos will switch from speaker mode to headphone mode
The APO(driver) and spatial sound API is for different purposes. You need Spatial sound Atmos to play Atmos content, like Dolby trailers and Amazon/Netflix Atmos.
Driver Atmos is suitable for regular content.
You might see a headphone symbol on the Dolby Atmos app, like in below picture.
1553412802269.png

This only indicates that the driver APO is aware of a headphone connected. That may not necessarily allow for Spatial audio to work.

The APO(driver) and spatial sound API is for different purposes. You need Spatial sound Atmos to play Atmos content, like Dolby trailers and Amazon/Netflix Atmos.
Driver Atmos is suitable for regular content.
You might see a headphone symbol on the Dolby Atmos app, like in below picture.
View attachment 119383
This only indicates that the driver APO is aware of a headphone connected. That may not necessarily allow for Spatial audio to work.
From the beginning, I said very clearly. Maybe because you don't understand

Dolby Access and Dolby Atmos drivers are not related. And Dolby Atmos for Headphone feature of Dolby Atmos driver has nothing to do with Dolby Atmos for Headphone of Dolby Access. It is not related to each other. Dolby Atmos for headphone feature of Atmos driver works completely independently. It can play any content from 2 channels to any multi-channels content.

But Dolby Atmos for Headphone of Access only works with multi-channel audio sources, with 2-channel audio sources that don't have any sound effects at all.

Dolby Access is a component of Spatial Sound, if not activated 7.1 Spatial sound it does not work. But Dolby Atmos driver works independently without needing to Spatial Sound. And you can play any Dolby Atmos content from Dolby Atmos driver. Because it can decoded

LOL. I have tested it many times. When the icon switched to Headphone mode, the surround sound was completely different, but when the icon was a speaker, if you plug in headphone in the sound it was terrible. Surround mode of Headphone and Speaker is completely different

That symbol changes the surround sound effect, it's not just a normal symbol

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
From the beginning, I said very clearly. Maybe because you don't understand

Dolby Access and Dolby Atmos drivers are not related. And Dolby Atmos for Headphone feature of Dolby Atmos driver has nothing to do with Dolby Atmos for Headphone of Dolby Access. It is not related to each other. Dolby Atmos for headphone feature of Atmos driver works completely independently. It can play any content from 2 channels to any multi-channels content.

But Dolby Atmos for Headphone of Access only works with multi-channel audio sources, with 2-channel audio sources that don't have any sound effects at all.

Dolby Access is a component of Spatial Sound, if not activated 7.1 Spatial sound it does not work. But Dolby Atmos driver works independently without needing to Spatial Sound. And you can play any Dolby Atmos content from Dolby Atmos driver. Because it can decoded
Sure that the Atmos driver can decode spatial sound content?
When spatial sound is being successfully processed, an indication appears in volume control. It appears with spatial sound api, and not driver atmos. Thus I doubt of driver atmos capability.

Sure that the Atmos driver can decode spatial sound content?
When spatial sound is being successfully processed, an indication appears in volume control. It appears with spatial sound api, and not driver atmos. Thus I doubt of driver atmos capability.
In the xml file of Dolby Atmos driver. It has Surround Decoder with a value of 1. If a 2-channel or 8-channel audio file, it will create 7.1.2 audio, then it will send to virtual surround. Depending on the virtual surround mode of the speakers and headphone, each virtual surround mode will have a different simulation sound effects to bring the sound out put. Now you will hear different sound. Remember that the Dolby Atmos Headphone mode of Atmos driver is better than Dolby Atmos for Headphone of Access

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
In the xml file of Dolby Atmos driver. It has Surround Decoder with a value of 1. If a 2-channel or 8-channel audio file, it will create 7.1.2 audio, then it will send to virtual surround. Depending on the virtual surround mode of the speakers and headphone, each virtual surround mode will have a different simulation sound effects to bring the sound out put. Now you will hear different sound. Remember that the Dolby Atmos Headphone mode of Atmos driver is better than Dolby Atmos for Headphone of Access
Real atmos doesn't have channels, it has 3d coordinates for objects. These objects are meant to either be processed by an Atmos receiver or processed via spatial API that can precisely locate the coordinates in virtual surround.
Driver Atmos can handle 7.1 channels no problem (I do prefer driver atmos for 7.1), but receiving objects is not part of its features, and Spatial API Atmos is required for that.

System Name Diogo Silva
Processor Intel Core i5 9º Gen 9600KF Processor
Motherboard Asus TUF B360-Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3i
Memory 2x8 Kingston HyperX KHX2400C12D4
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX2060 Gaming 6G
Storage WD WDS500G2B0B Blue 3D SATA M.2 500GB + Toshiba HDD 2Tb
Display(s) Samsung Curved Monitor 27 Pol.
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W 80PLUS Gold
Mouse Asus ROG Pugio II Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Home Single Language (PT-PT) x64
What should I do now? (Creative Connect is in Black Screen)
I have already put KGA v3 and v4, I install serveral versions of Creative Connect, until I uninstalled the Driver and install again the same Mod, but it doesn't work.
But it gives output in 5.1 Surround.
Mod maded by LynnMod, Thanks all.

1553432780529.png

Last edited:

bayfilm

Hello Urko, i'm using audioquest Dragonfly usb dac, may i install only APO Driver or which one audio enhancer best for me? thank you for your work.

Real atmos doesn't have channels, it has 3d coordinates for objects. These objects are meant to either be processed by an Atmos receiver or processed via spatial API that can precisely locate the coordinates in virtual surround.
Driver Atmos can handle 7.1 channels no problem (I do prefer driver atmos for 7.1), but receiving objects is not part of its features, and Spatial API Atmos is required for that.
You don't seem to understand. Dolby Atmos driver can play 3d sound from headphones and stereo speakers. It uses HRTFs to simulate audio channels

You can use speakers and headphone to feel 3D sound without Dolby Access.

And I repeat. I am talking about the Headphone mode of Dolby Atmos driver. I am not talking about Headphone mode of Dolby Access and Spatial Sound. I don't even install Dolby Access

Dolby Atmos Headphone mode is similar to Dolby Home Theater v4 or Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater headphone mode. It works independently without Spatial Sound. Do you understand

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
You don't seem to understand. Dolby Atmos driver can play 3d sound from headphones and stereo speakers. It uses HRTFs to simulate audio channels

You can use speakers and headphone to feel 3D sound without Dolby Access.

And I repeat. I am talking about the Headphone mode of Dolby Atmos driver. I am not talking about Headphone mode of Dolby Access and Spatial Sound. I don't even install Dolby Access

Dolby Atmos Headphone mode is similar to Dolby Home Theater v4 or Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater headphone mode. It works independently without Spatial Sound. Do you understand
And I'm saying true atmos can't play fully 3d (with height simulation hrtfs) as driver atmos doesn't even receive those 3d object coordinates. At most it can apply hrtf on the base 7.1 plane, not any moving defined 3d audio objects.
Playing 7.1 with spatial api atmos is disabled (I've unchecked the box).
Do a test. Install access. Enable Dolby atmos fo headphone, but uncheck use for 7.1. Play any included trailers. During playback,
1. Verify spatial atmos is in use by clicking volume tray icon.
2. Open the atmos app. Try turning it off/on. You shall notice that there is no audio change (no double hrtf application). That shows that spatial Atmos operates as a separate part of the audio system.
I've used DDP HT headphone for 7.1.
P.s. How do you play Atmos content (the player app, such as vlc, etc)?

And I'm saying true atmos can't play fully 3d (with height simulation hrtfs) as driver atmos doesn't even receive those 3d object coordinates. At most it can apply hrtf on the base 7.1 plane, not any moving defined 3d audio objects.
Playing 7.1 with spatial api atmos is disabled (I've unchecked the box).
Do a test. Install access. Enable Dolby atmos fo headphone, but uncheck use for 7.1. Play any included trailers. During playback,
1. Verify spatial atmos is in use by clicking volume tray icon.
2. Open the atmos app. Try turning it off/on. You shall notice that there is no audio change (no double hrtf application). That shows that spatial Atmos operates as a separate part of the audio system.
I've used DDP HT headphone for 7.1.
P.s. How do you play Atmos content (the player app, such as vlc, etc)?
LOL
1. You use headphone sound mode in Dolby Atmos driver (when plugging the 3.5 jack into the front panel, it switches to Headphone symbol)
2. Headphone mode is available in Atmos driver. Like DTS Audio, there is also DTS Studio Sound mode for speakers and DTS Headphone X for headphone.
3. This is the optimal sound mode for each device. It is not related to Spatial Sound. It handles audio based in dll files of Atmos driver.
4. Remember: Sound Blaster X-Fi, DTS Audio, Dolby v4, DDP HT,.. have built-in virtual surround of headphone mode. Turn on and turn off virtual surround effect in control panel. Not on Spatial Sound. Spatial Sound only works with Dolby Access and Windows Sonic
1.png

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
LOL
1. You use headphone sound mode in Dolby Atmos driver (when plugging the 3.5 jack into the front panel, it switches to Headphone symbol)
2. Headphone mode is available in Atmos driver. Like DTS Audio, there is also DTS Studio Sound mode for speakers and DTS Headphone X for headphone.
3. This is the optimal sound mode for each device. It is not related to Spatial Sound. It handles audio based in dll files of Atmos driver.
4. Remember: Sound Blaster X-Fi, DTS Audio, Dolby v4, DDP HT,.. have built-in virtual surround of headphone mode. Turn on and turn off virtual surround effect in control panel. Not on Spatial Sound. Spatial Sound only works with Dolby Access and Windows Sonic
View attachment 119431
1. The dolby atmos app screenshot I inserted before was for headphone mode in Dolby Atmos App. Dynamic already applies surround virtualizer. This screenshot is from my installation of driver atmos. I do use that HRTF for stereo and multichannel content extensively.

2. That headphone mode works. Only up to 7.1, as 3d object coordinates is not available to this driver version. APOs do not get access to 3d object audio; Microsoft did not update the audio engine to be able to process 3d audio via APOs (of my reading of microsoft documentation. If someone can show the opposite, I would be glad.).
Spatial sound API is still required for true atmos delivery of Atmos content, both via HDMI to home theater, or headphone usage, as that audio engine can receive the 3d audio and process it. As you use only driver Atmos, spatial sound is disabled wholly, and no Atmos games or content is able to send 3d data to output. They can send only the base multichannel mix to driver Atmos. Driver atmos surround virtualizer can only apply hrtf on the resultant inputted base mix. You get audio "around you", but not "on top of you", in this driver Atmos.

1. The dolby atmos app screenshot I inserted before was for headphone mode in Dolby Atmos App. Dynamic already applies surround virtualizer. This screenshot is from my installation of driver atmos. I do use that HRTF for stereo and multichannel content extensively.

2. That headphone mode works. Only up to 7.1, as 3d object coordinates is not available to this driver version. APOs do not get access to 3d object audio; Microsoft did not update the audio engine to be able to process 3d audio via APOs (of my reading of microsoft documentation. If someone can show the opposite, I would be glad.).
Spatial sound API is still required for true atmos delivery of Atmos content, both via HDMI to home theater, or headphone usage, as that audio engine can receive the 3d audio and process it. As you use only driver Atmos, spatial sound is disabled wholly, and no Atmos games or content is able to send 3d data to output. They can send only the base multichannel mix to driver Atmos. Driver atmos surround virtualizer can only apply hrtf on the resultant inputted base mix. You get audio "around you", but not "on top of you", in this driver Atmos.
If you want true Dolby Atmos, you may be interested in the Dolby Atmos for Home Theater topics. The mod driver is a way to put Dolby Atmos to PC. From the beginning, Dolby Atmos for PC was emulated from 2 channels on laptop speakers and headphone

People are interested in Atmos emulating, because they don't have the true Atmos system.

But the in xml file still has: Height virtual surround. This proves that it can create 3D sound from 2 channels. You need to activate it, because the default xml file has disabled
This 3D effect only creates realistic simulation soundstage. It is not the same as true Dolby Atmos
5.png

Besides. Windows 10 supports the default decoding of audio files that support Dolby Atmos (E-AC3). And Dolby Atmos drivers can be played without any problems

9.png

8.png

Last edited:
@astroastro I dont know if enterprise is supported but your device id is already supported by the driver try to update to latest insider build if its supported then install the driver

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
If you want true Dolby Atmos, you may be interested in the Dolby Atmos for Home Theater topics. The mod driver is a way to put Dolby Atmos to PC. From the beginning, Dolby Atmos for PC was emulated from 2 channels on laptop speakers and headphone

People are interested in Atmos emulating, because they don't have the true Atmos system.

But the in xml file still has: Height virtual surround. This proves that it can create 3D sound. You need to activate it, because the default xml file has disabled
This 3D effect only creates realistic simulation soundstage. It is not the same as true Dolby Atmos

Besides. Windows 10 supports the default decoding of audio files that support Dolby Atmos (E-AC3). And Dolby Atmos drivers can be played without any problems

View attachment 119441
In Dolby Atmos for Gaming, it is usually enabled; it is enabled on mine, both headphones and speakers.
TrueHD Atmos can be decoded by VLC. VLC can use spatial API.
I am only interested in headphones, as my tablet's speaker config is not excellent.

System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Hello @alanfox2000 @Alan Finote and @Dj Urko, I just install the Driver of @alanfox2000, the UAD Driver Mod Version 6.0.1.8614 and I noticed that service UWP of Sound Blaster make difference Stopped or in running, but, in running don't work the App.
The Realtek Audio Console there's no problem, it's perfect and beautiful.
I Just want the Sound Blaster Connect works, doesn't matter if is with X 720º or Cinema 5, if works I'm OK :laugh:.
Pictures bellow describle better my problem.
Thanks for your help.
;)

uwp execução.png
uwp parado.png

@Diogo Silva if your driver is supposed to be HDA, UAD will never work properly in your pc if you want sound blaster to work go to first page and download the mod from my link and install it I cant help you to run sound blaster on another mod like Lynnmod or something else and dont post things for different mods here please or just go ask for help in another threads and respect the conditions of this thread please who is supposed to be only for my mod

System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
@Diogo Silva if your driver is supposed to be HDA, UAD will never work properly in your pc if you want sound blaster to work go to first page and download the mod from my link and install it I cant help you to run sound blaster on another mod like Lynnmod or something else and dont post things for different mods here please or just go ask for help in another threads and respect the conditions of this thread please who is supposed to be only for my mod
Ok, I got it, it's true too.
Sorry :(
Later, I will install your Driver

Will those drivers maintain the option to separate the front and rear jacks/outputs, like the official drivers? See below:

Realtek.PNG
realtek_separated.PNG
Realtek_info.PNG