• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

KingOtto

Hi Dj Urko, Thanks for your reply!
So, that link is still the actual driver, or do you update that link with the latest driver all the time?
Can you perhaps explain why I need the insider build? Ever since the first post, many items of the insiders build have been implemented in official releases? Or am i wrong?
Can you confirm these drivers will also work with my configuration/ALC 892?

Thanks again,
KingOtto

@KingOtto yes alc 892 is supported perhaps the driver will work on build 17763 I am not sure I have made this mod on 19h1 insider builds but you can try to install it. No much things are different in insider builds than official release but you can try to install it on your build if its not working then update to insider build. my link is always on page 1 between the screenshots of the plugins and every time when I change something I upload there also is the one of the latest version driver mod version 8627

alundra009

Is this normal guys? after installing it. even when the application is turned off the CPU usage is still very high.
highusage.JPG

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)

furkaan70

Hi, consider me as an another dummy. I followed your steps and installed the mod. The installation progress was done without errors. But after that I couldnt open the programs. When I navigated through C:\Program Files\DJ Urko Productions\Realtek Mod, i saw that all 893 files are empty. thus nothing works at all. I dont know what is the problem can you help me?. Thanks in advance.

KingOtto

Hi DJ Urko,
I must thank you! Sound is like what it was under Windows 7, finally!!! Thanks to your great drivers... I love it!!!
Everything seems to work, amazing. Just and only one thing, I can't select DTS Connect or Dolby Digital Live in the ASUS UI

Not really a problem, it works nonetheless and also my balance between center and main speakers works again!

So I did not have to install insider built!!! Did not first have to uninstall former driver... Just installed yours over it and voila!!!

So you made me extremely happy!

1555086595839.png

@KingOtto You have only dolby digital output via spdif you can find dolby digital in advanced tab ouput formats in sound control panel digital audio properties like the screenshots in post 1 this ouput format is not linked to sound manager it is linked to sound control panel. Tu parle francais?

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DRIVER RELEASED IN THIS POST
ENJOY IT!!!

KingOtto

@KingOtto You have only dolby digital output via spdif you can find dolby digital in advanced tab ouput formats in sound control panel digital audio properties like the screenshots in post 1 this ouput format is not linked to sound manager it is linked to sound control panel. Tu parle francais?

Oui, j'ai trouvé ça mon ami :)

KingOtto

Hi Dj Urko,
Just one small question more (sorry to ask). In order to view some online movies and e.g. Netflix, I need to disable all extra sound effects before I can watch the video's. Any idea if I can prevent this necessity? Maybe I missed a setting somewhere?

1555242439792.png

Many thanks, KingOtto

tayyar86

Hello Alan

I have got an Asus H81M-D mobo with realtek 5.1 analog sound. If I use the Asus provided driver (which is old, 7700 something) I get full 5.1 sound with the manager app indicating all the three jacks are outputs.

I have a creative 4.1 analog system and I'm using a separate another speaker for center (I disabled subwoofer in the manager app as my 4.1 system kind of handles it by the front output cable).

However, your drivers, while they are good, show me 5.1 and 7.1 systems. The 5.1 system has no rear output, it has sides output and when I'm playing audio through them, the sound comes from both front and rear speakers, as sides is a mixed of the two.

7.1 setup has rears but its center/subwoofer channel is screwed up, I can't attach my separate speaker to center/subwoofer jack, it doesn't show up as an output but only line in. And the center channel comes from both front speakers.

Can you fix it please?

Thank you

KingOtto

Hi DJ Urko, all,
Also, when DTS connect is enabled in this window (see my previous post above), TuneIn radio will not stream any radio channels.
Then also the window below (app DTS audio) does not react to ANY button I click.

Hope (any of) you can help me out to have Netflix, TuneIn radio, Youtube work when I have DTS Connect enabled in improvements tab settings.

1555410074489.png

Many Thanks,

KingOtto

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Hi DJ Urko, all,
Also, when DTS connect is enabled in this window (see my previous post above), TuneIn radio will not stream any radio channels.
Then also the window below (app DTS audio) does not react to ANY button I click.

Hope (any of) you can help me out to have Netflix, TuneIn radio, Youtube work when I have DTS Connect enabled in improvements tab settings.

View attachment 121153
Many Thanks,

KingOtto
This enhancer doesn't work with anything beyond stereo.

huylq202

Hi Dj Urko . I have this problem, when i open Dolby Home theater or dolby. i try install many times, and at the CMD window its show i have installed higher version. So how can i fix this.
dolby.png

ScrooW

I installed the new build of windows 10 [1903] and from what I saw something in the audio was modified and it was not 100%, the update is not yet available for everyone but it soon will be.

I ended up going back to 1809.

or wait a little before updating until the Dj Urko makes a new compatible version.

---

@Dj Urko I wanted to ask for a favor when I make the new version of the driver, it would not be possible to do a separate only with Dolby Atmos for Gaming, DTS and Dolby Digital Plus. I would be very grateful, for to me Quality> Quantity.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
I installed the new build of windows 10 [1903] and from what I saw something in the audio was modified and it was not 100%, the update is not yet available for everyone but it soon will be.

or wait a little before updating until the Dj Urko makes a new compatible version.

---

@Dj Urko I wanted to ask for a favor when I make the new version of the driver, it would not be possible to do a separate only with Dolby Atmos for Gaming, DTS and Dolby Digital Plus. I would be very grateful, for to me Quality> Quantity.
Are you interested with only one enhancement?

---

Multiple Enhancer can distorted sound quality and cause latency. Single is better.

ScrooW

Are you interested with only one enhancement?

I wanted the combo dolby atmos for gaming + the DTS of the pack of the Urko these two already they serve me very well.

Multiple Enhancer can distorted sound quality and cause latency. Single is better.

Yes!

Nowadays I only use Dolby atmos for gaming + DTS. Being the previous driver to which Dk Urko added the soundblaster.

Hi,

I have ALC1220 and installed the installer but it didn't work. Using SPDIF digital out. The first page said to use a different installer but theres no link?

On Winver 1809.

Also got a couple error messages in the command window during installation that newer package version already installed.

Thanks

Last edited:
Alan, for several of your previous drivers, like 2019_3_01 you can install both Dolby Digital Plus Theater and Dolby Home Theater. Is there a way to force both programs to show a tray icon at the same time?

I've reached my breaking point with this now. I've tried everything including disabling effect and even fully reinstalling the drivers using ddu beforehand. No matter what I do there is either a crackling sound in my 5.1 speaker audio or the sound is fading in & out while sounding distorted. There is also a reverb effect on voices that I can't seem to disable. I'm on windows 10 18362.53 which is what is recommended. I even experience the same problems with Alan Finote's drivers as well.