• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

System Name Diogo Silva
Processor Intel Core i5 9º Gen 9600KF Processor
Motherboard Asus TUF B360-Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3i
Memory 2x8 Kingston HyperX KHX2400C12D4
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX2060 Gaming 6G
Storage WD WDS500G2B0B Blue 3D SATA M.2 500GB + Toshiba HDD 2Tb
Display(s) Samsung Curved Monitor 27 Pol.
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W 80PLUS Gold
Mouse Asus ROG Pugio II Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Home Single Language (PT-PT) x64
I don't have a Equalizer in Realtek Audio Console, why?
I have only this functions.

1596420885764.png

Last edited:
Why do I choose to install Cinema 5 and it will install at 720°? But I cannot find the audio when I use 720°, Cinema 5 can be used normally.
I am sure the installation process is correct, because I have been using it for a while, that is, every time I install,
I have to reinstall many times before I have a chance to install Cinema 5 correctly.
How can I solve it? Sorry that English is not my native language, thank you!

- download latest version. (only standard version works on my system for now)
- turn off your internet connection totally, both ethernet and wifi. (this is mandatory)
- uninstall all previous AAF mod driver or other (original realtek drivers) and don't restart yet.
- delete left over drivers with DriverStoreExplorer (the entities which have the provider Alan Finotty at all segments and Realtek ones under the sound).
- purge and clean your registry with ccleaner.
- restart your computer.
- install AAF Mod drivers.
- restart your computer
- check from windows settings > system > sound that your sound card is seen as AAF Optimus Sound.
- if you had done everything in order than drivers should work as they are intended to be.
- now you can turn on your internet connection.

I think I may not express it clearly. Just like the photo I took, I chose to install Cinema 5, but it was not installed properly. I installed it according to the referenced method. How can I solve it? Thank you!

Attachments

• 螢幕擷取畫面 (108).png
    螢幕擷取畫面 (108).png
    93.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 螢幕擷取畫面 (110).png
    螢幕擷取畫面 (110).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:

OsirisTeam

NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION 6.0.8975.1
NEW UPDATES
NEW EXTENDED VALIDATION CERTIFICATE INTRODUCED (MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB)

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

**Updated installer (today)

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!!
HOW TO UNINSTALL BRO

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
Processor i7 8700k 4.8gh with 1.245
Motherboard asus tuf gaming z390 - apro
Cooling corsair h100i pro
Memory 24gb @ 3500mhz
Video Card(s) asus rtx 2060 super dual evo oc
Storage 1tb hdd with 360gb ssd
Display(s) lg 27gk750f-b
Case normal
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply cx650
Mouse razer 8khz
Keyboard mechanical
HOW TO UNINSTALL BRO
Uninstall like a normal application...
There after remove it's traces with c cleancer by registry cleaning and reamaining traces with GitHub Drive store explorer by deleting aaf optimus like inf under sound section

Polished_Stripes

HOW TO UNINSTALL BRO
- turn off your internet connection totally, both ethernet and wifi. (this is mandatory)
- uninstall all previous AAF mod driver or other (original realtek drivers) and don't restart yet.
- delete left over drivers with DriverStoreExplorer (the entities which have the provider Alan Finotty at all segments and Realtek ones under the sound).
- restart your computer.
- restart your computer
- check from windows settings > system > sound that your sound card is seen as AAF Optimus Sound.
- if you had done everything in order than drivers should work as they are intended to be.

Can you try these steps? I couldn't make it work for the first time too.
And I know another one who could make Sonic and Dolby work with these procedure.
We couldn't make SBConnect work either.

Follow these steps.

Uninstalled, rebooted, installed new version, yay 5.1 shows as REARS now

****But creative and dolby software is not installed???
I get sonic3 (but sonic still doesn't work says device not found)

Last edited:

BiggityBates

Uninstalled, rebooted, installed new version, yay 5.1 shows as REARS now

****But creative and dolby software is not installed???
I get sonic3 (but sonic still doesn't work says device not found)

Same problem a lot of us are having, Alan is looking into it. At least you got 5.1 to show up. I could only get stereo on my install :(

Checking back in just to say thanks Alan, my music sounds amazing now. New users here are encouraged to read as much as possible and understand the experimental nature of a project like this before getting frustrated. It takes lots of patience and failures to figure out what works. I have Creative 360 working. I dont want to make more work. Everything is perfect but I still enjoy playing with the customization. I can speak from first hand experience it is not easy but in my case it was worth every late night to be able to listen to music like this. Be kind and help a fellow out - we have all been stuck in the windows drivers hell.

Zer0Maniak

I'm really new to this so I'm reading, re-reading this thread over and over to make sure this works properly! I understand that there are some issues that me and others that are experiencing like sound blaster connect, and Dolby Atmos not recognizing my audio devices but I believe this is as far as I can get. (Unless I'm doing something wrong ) but other than that I can get 5.1 surround and I'll probably look for more changes in the audio when I get the chance.
(Using Optical Cable Out, Z390 Steel Legend, Realtek ALC1200 Audio Codec)

Thank you for this mod!

EDIT:I actually switched to the standard drivers and they work now... so I guess I must've did things right If all the programs can detect my audio device now

Last edited:
Same problem a lot of us are having, Alan is looking into it. At least you got 5.1 to show up. I could only get stereo on my install :(
Workaround since the driver doesn't allow for me to extract the appx packages:
Run installer until it tells you to reboot. Don't choose anything yet!
Go to C:\ProgramData\AAF and copy all of the folders to another place.
Inside you will see the appx files that you can install one by one. After, you can choose reboot.
I installed creative and dolby and they work now.

Hello ... Alan. First let me say, thanks very much for your hard work, for making your mods driver app finally work on my device. :clap:

But here also allow me to report some results after a few hours using this new mods driver.
1. The first time, when I finished installing the driver (after rebooting the device), I noticed that the dolby driver for headphones was first on the spatial sound list. (as shown in attachment number 2). then some time after that suddenly disappears from the spatial sound list (as shown in attachment number 3). Somehow?!

Updates:
I just finished observing the reinstallation process in the second scenario. And it turns out, dolby atmos for headphones now still exist in the spatial sound menu. (Attachment number 9) After I delete it manually, the remnants of the driver associated with AAF DCH Optimus Sound are inside: "% systemroot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository".

2. Then I noticed also on the Realtek Audio Device Tweak app, that RTKHADAUT.DAT is red. Is that normal? (as shown in attachment number 5)

3. So on I went on with a number of UWP apps such as (Dolby Atmos OEM, Sonic Studio 3 and Sound Blaster Connect) that didn't seem to work normally. (seen in attachment number 6,7,8). Only Realtek Audio Consule works (as shown in attachment number 4)

4. Finally, a third-party music player app (AIMP) Force closes after a few seconds of running. However, the default music app from Microsoft can run normally. There seems to be a conflict between the playback driver on the system and the music player app.

Hope there is a solution from you.
T.I.A.
Regards.

Hello Alan ... here I want to update my previous problem report, related to the AIMP music player app which experienced a forced close by itself when used.

Apparently, the cause of the AIMP app being force close is cause I installed the AAF DCH Optimus Sound driver by using an installation configuration:
1. Creative Sound Blaster Connect (UWP) 720°
2. [A-Volute]: Sonic Studio 3 (ASUS ROG) or Nahimic 3
3. Dolby Atmos and;
4. Realtek ASIO

AIMP will run normally if I choose the installation configuration:
1. Creative Sound Blaster Connect (UWP) 360 ° or Cinema 5
2. [A-Volute]: Sonic Studio 3 (ASUS ROG) or Nahimic 3 (not installed, even though the sound blaster connect is automatically installed by itself)
3. Dolby Atmos and; (Although Dolby Atmos Access cannot be opened.)
4. Realtek ASIO

So that I can report, based on several experiments..
Thanks.

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Those who are having problems, follow the mandatory spoiler on the 1st page of this thread.

I'm really new to this so I'm reading, re-reading this thread over and over to make sure this works properly! I understand that there are some issues that me and others that are experiencing like sound blaster connect, and Dolby Atmos not recognizing my audio devices but I believe this is as far as I can get. (Unless I'm doing something wrong ) but other than that I can get 5.1 surround and I'll probably look for more changes in the audio when I get the chance.
(Using Optical Cable Out, Z390 Steel Legend, Realtek ALC1200 Audio Codec)

Thank you for this mod!

EDIT:I actually switched to the standard drivers and they work now... so I guess I must've did things right If all the programs can detect my audio device now

In the same boat. With my x570 board and Logitech z906 system I couldn't get 5.1 sound through optical using either the DCH-UAD drivers or H4cZillas driver mod. Went with Alan's standard drivers and have full surround with Atmos, DTS:x and others.

EDIT: Thank you Alan for your hard work in providing us with audio excellence :rockout:

Zer0Maniak

In the same boat. With my x570 board and Logitech z906 system I couldn't get 5.1 sound through optical using either the DCH-UAD drivers or H4cZillas driver mod. Went with Alan's standard drivers and have full surround with Atmos, DTS:x and others.

EDIT: Thank you Alan for your hard work in providing us with audio excellence :rockout:

Idk if you wanna give it a shot, but alan just posted another file in page 1, for the mandatory file. Download the file and uninstall the Standard drivers,

- restart your computer.
- restart your computer

Can you try these steps? I couldn't make it work for the first time too.
And I know another one who could make Sonic and Dolby work with these procedure.
We couldn't make SBConnect work either.

Re-install the DCH-UAD drivers, reboot pc, install the mandatory file as Admin (run exe as admin), and then reboot again, and then, you should be able to get 5.1 surround to work, as well as the programs to detect your audio drivers. (for me only the dolby digital live 5.1 works for me)

then again I am new but this works for me now :)

X3NN

I've only installed SB Connect with the mod. At first everything worked fine but now (after some restarts?) I only get this when starting Connect
If I unplug and plug the headphone in again it crashes without any info.

AAF Optimus

Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
I've only installed SB Connect with the mod. At first everything worked fine but now (after some restarts?) I only get this when starting Connect
If I unplug and plug the headphone in again it crashes without any info.
Execute these commands:
net stop UWPService
net start UWPService

and try again.
If it doesn't work, restart your computer.

X3NN

Execute these commands:
net stop UWPService
net start UWPService

and try again.
If it doesn't work, restart your computer.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately just restarting the pc didnt work. After unplugging everything and reinstalling the Mod again it works for now. I will try your suggestion the next time it happens.

Those who are having problems, follow the mandatory spoiler on the 1st page of this thread.
Hello Alan .. I just finished testing after executing the rtkhdaud file that you shared.
I can only say: You deserve to be called the God of sound drivers, man!! :toast: everything now becomes reality for me. Thanks very much for u're hard work.

Then, I want to report some of my experimental results, which are:

1. I feel there is a vast comparison between the sound effects of the settings when we set "enable audio enhancement" with "disable". I'm more likely to choose sound effects when "disable audio enhancement", cos the music sounds more out, and it's clear. In my opinion

2. Moreover, music profile settings on Dolby Atmos Access, which in my opinion are somewhat clogged the sound effect, apart from other profiles. Maybe you can do magic once more for that. :)

3. Finally, I noticed, after executing the rtkhdaud file that you shared, the dolby atmost for headphones settings have now disappeared again from the spatial sound menu settings list. Somehow. Maybe you can fix it also in the next release.

Oh, yeah, do you think it's normal for file attachment number 6?

Once again, thank you so much. You Rock Man ... :)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 202
  • 1a.png
    1a.png
    437.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 2.png
    2.png
    462.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 3.png
    3.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 206
  • 4.png
    4.png
    481.8 KB · Views: 198
  • 5.png
    5.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 220
  • 6.png
    6.png
    403.4 KB · Views: 224

Redgard

Everything seems to work for DHCP driver.

Just "Sound Blaster Connect" and "Dolby atmos" seems a little bit unstable.

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
No. Send me this file (rtkhdaud.dat, located in %systemroot%\System32\drivers) to examine.

Last edited:
No. Send me this file (rtkhdaud.dat, located in %systemroot%\System32\drivers) to examine.
Sorry, I was already sleeping late this morning. But thanks very much for your response.
I noticed, apparently I have 2 files that you meant in % systemroot% \ System32 \ drivers. So I think I just sent them both.
1. rtkhdaud.dat
2. rtkhdaud_older.dat

T.I.A.

Attachments

• rtkhdaud.rar
    377 bytes · Views: 141

Godzilla

Thanks for the Mod Alan , I installed the latest version and everything works fine , I had some problems with the last version ( Switching from Headphones (Wired) to Bluetooth Headphones crashed the Sound Blaster App and Sonic Studio app ) , the problems I found were - there's no equalizer in the audio console app , the realtek test utility doesn't work for me , the apps get unstable with spatial sound , dolby access crashes frequently with this mod but dts sound unbound works fine for spatial sound , There are some small bugs here and there but it's still better than the DTS : Headphone X app which came with my gaming laptop .

BiggityBates

Nice! it worked for me after you sent that file to run! So was I correct in thinking that the installer wasn't correctly deploying/configuring that file and that was the reason the Realtek configuration tool was blank?

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    197.8 KB · Views: 255
Hello Alan .. I just finished testing after executing the rtkhdaud file that you shared.
I can only say: You deserve to be called the God of sound drivers, man!! :toast: everything now becomes reality for me. Thanks very much for u're hard work.

Then, I want to report some of my experimental results, which are:

1. I feel there is a vast comparison between the sound effects of the settings when we set "enable audio enhancement" with "disable". I'm more likely to choose sound effects when "disable audio enhancement", cos the music sounds more out, and it's clear. In my opinion

2. Moreover, music profile settings on Dolby Atmos Access, which in my opinion are somewhat clogged the sound effect, apart from other profiles. Maybe you can do magic once more for that. :)

3. Finally, I noticed, after executing the rtkhdaud file that you shared, the dolby atmost for headphones settings have now disappeared again from the spatial sound menu settings list. Somehow. Maybe you can fix it also in the next release.

Once again, thank you so much. You Rock Man ... :)
Report Update:
Hello Alan. This afternoon, I just also noticed that the rtkhadaud file that you shared to change the AAF DCH Optimus Sound driver to an Analog Output Sound driver, is now back again to AAF DCH Optimus Sound. :)
So that all UWP applications, such as: Sound Blaster Connect, Dolby Atmos Access, now can't be operated again.

Attachments

• 7.png
    7.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 187
Last edited: