• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

System Name My Gamer PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5 TUF
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix SportLT 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Geforce RTX 2080 AMP!
Storage SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Samsung UHD 4K 28" 60Hz DisplayPort 1.2
Case AeroCool Aero-1000 White
Audio Device(s) JVC RX-6008V Audio Receiver Dolby/DTS with S-PDIF
Power Supply Corsair TX850 v2 850W single rail
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Thermaltake TteSports Knucker
Software Windows 10 Pro
Cool thanks, now I need to find this older driver.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
I'm getting big cpu spikes after installing this and want it gone. Anyone got an original bios?

H4rlock

Hi Alan,
I recently got a set of 7.1 speakers. A dream of my childhood.
All works fine but:
I been searching the web for weeks, as with the regular realtek drivers I don't have the ''speakers fill'' option.
I now installed your custom driver and unfortunately I don't manage to make the get the stereo upmix.

-Sound Blaster connect opens a screen but no menu no nothing.
-Sonic Studio 3 says my system is not supported.

Do you mind guiding me briefly?

I installed the version AAFAudioPackDCH-6.0.8984.1

My pc is:
Asrock x370 taichi
ryzen 3800x

Am I doing something wrong?

onsekiz

Hi Alan,
I recently got a set of 7.1 speakers. A dream of my childhood.
All works fine but:
I been searching the web for weeks, as with the regular realtek drivers I don't have the ''speakers fill'' option.
I now installed your custom driver and unfortunately I don't manage to make the get the stereo upmix.

-Sound Blaster connect opens a screen but no menu no nothing.
-Sonic Studio 3 says my system is not supported.

Do you mind guiding me briefly?

I installed the version AAFAudioPackDCH-6.0.8984.1

My pc is:
Asrock x370 taichi
ryzen 3800x

Am I doing something wrong?
So far I had learned ALL DCH drivers don't have speaker fill option. This is by design and Realtek and Microsoft disabled speaker fill for DCH. If you want it you have to install 8960 standard. Or you have to install DCH with SBConnect and enable surround.

H4rlock

@onsekiz
I just installed the version AAFHDAudioPack-6.0.8960.1
I now can use the Sound Blaster Connect, even If I have no clue of what to use it for.

I only want to upmix stereo to 7.1 when listening to music.
Possibly this should not interfere with the regular 7.1 the few times I play a game.

What can/should I do?

Soundblaster connect screenshot attached, where do I find the upmix option?

Sorry for my newbieness.

Attachments

• ScreenShot_20200808181725.png
    ScreenShot_20200808181725.png
    920.5 KB · Views: 193
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
So far I had learned ALL DCH drivers don't have speaker fill option. This is by design and Realtek and Microsoft disabled speaker fill for DCH. If you want it you have to install 8960 standard. Or you have to install DCH with SBConnect and enable surround.

@onsekiz, I think, it could be possible to ask on Microsoft for activatin' this Feature..? Or is this Idea simply Bullshit?

onsekiz

@onsekiz
I now can use the Sound Blaster Connect, even If I have no clue of what to use it for.

Possibly this should not interfere with the regular 7.1 the few times I play a game.

What can/should I do?

Sorry for my newbieness.
If you have installed 8960 standard version, you don't need SBConnect at all for speaker fill.
Although you can use Surround option at SBConnect for speaker fill but I don't like its sound quality.
If you bring it it to 100% and make it on, it should produce 5.1 or 7.1 sound from stereo sources.
At least this is how it operates on my machines. I don't use SBConnect at all by the way. I use good old Speaker Fill.
I had installed AAF Bus, Realtek Standard APO, Dolby, Sonic Studio.
I have ditched Realtek DDL and DTS, SBConnect. Those are not installed on my PC.
You can try my attached "rtkhdaud.dat" file if you want to give it a try.
It should be located at "C:\Windows\System32\drivers". Copy another place if there is an "rtkhdaud.dat" file and overwrite on it.

realtekcontrol.png

@onsekiz, I think, it could be possible to ask on Microsoft for activatin' this Feature..? Or is this Idea simply Bullshit?
Your idea is not bullshit.
It could be a good idea but big corporates works like grasshopper not an ant.
I had spend so much time with realtek tweak to make it enabled.
Then I had gave up and started to read forums why I couldn't make it enabled.
I have read it on Asus forum that they disabled the speaker fill for DCH drivers.
I doubt they will make it enabled, I even don't understand why they disabled it in the first place.

Attachments

• rtkhdaud.zip
    360 bytes · Views: 173
Last edited:
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
@Alan Finote, do you've Contact with Microsoft & Realtek directly? If yes, so I wish, that you might to ask them for enabling the "Speaker-Fill"-Feature within your DCH-Driver-Packages?

@Alan Finote , if possible i would like to request realtek audio manager as option to install in case for those who keep getting RCP/crash error of realtek ausio console UWP app. i try many version of DCH but still cant get realtek console to work, first it just said cant connect to rcp, when i try many solution and result in it not show rpc anymore, it just crashed, the app terminate it self shortly after it started. so now need to move back to DCH 8960 since it have audio manager installed.

the driver still have problem that it will not detect frontpanel or have headphone in speaker setting for ALC1200 3 rear jack version

Last edited:
Sorry, I was already sleeping late this morning. But thanks very much for your response.
I noticed, apparently I have 2 files that you meant in % systemroot% \ System32 \ drivers. So I think I just sent them both.
1. rtkhdaud.dat
2. rtkhdaud_older.dat

T.I.A.
Hello Alan .. I'm just curious. Do you think it is safe to delete one of the rtkhdaud.dat files that I have? Because when we execute the rtkhdaut.exe file there is only an option to modify and rename it to %systemroot%\System32\drivers. Shouldn't it overwrite the rtkhdaud.dat file? (Don't do it...!!?) As a result, after executing rtkhdaud.exe and then rebooting, the drivers run. But if device reboots again, then some UWP apps won't work anymore.
I beg for enlightenment. T.I.A.

Regards.

PS. If you don't recommend, then I better wait for your improvement.

Last edited:

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Hello Alan .. I'm just curious. Do you think it is safe to delete one of the rtkhdaud.dat files that I have? Because when we execute the rtkhdaut.exe file there is only an option to modify and rename it to %systemroot%\System32\drivers. Shouldn't it overwrite the rtkhdaud.dat file? (Don't do it...!!?) As a result, after executing rtkhdaud.exe and then rebooting, the drivers run. But if device reboots again, then some UWP apps won't work anymore.
I beg for enlightenment. T.I.A.

Regards.

PS. If you don't recommend, then I better wait for your improvement.
Delete ONLY rtkhdaud_old.dat

Delete ONLY rtkhdaud_old.dat
Thanks for your response. I've tried to do it to remove rtkhdaud_older.dat, then reboot the device, the result is still the same, the drivers don't work. Then I executed the rtkhdaud.exe file again, rebooted the device, the drivers worked. The last time I rebooted again, it didn't work again. It's really unique. :roll:

H4rlock

It should be located at "C:\Windows\System32\drivers". Copy another place if there is an "rtkhdaud.dat" file and overwrite on it.
Thank you @onsekiz I used your file. I have speaker fill option now and it works fine.

I am an happy man.

Regarding the rest:

1. Do I have to disable Speaker fill each time or when I launch a 7.1 game it will override it and give me real 7.1?

2. Nahimic is not working, should I just uninstall it?

3. What can I uninstall from the pack I installed?

4. Should I just load a system restore and only overwrite the file? or it's better I just leave everything as is?

Reason I am asking is that I keep getting peripheral remove/install sounds from windows.

Thanks!

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
If you have installed 8960 standard version, you don't need SBConnect at all for speaker fill.
Although you can use Surround option at SBConnect for speaker fill but I don't like its sound quality.
If you bring it it to 100% and make it on, it should produce 5.1 or 7.1 sound from stereo sources.
At least this is how it operates on my machines. I don't use SBConnect at all by the way. I use good old Speaker Fill.
I had installed AAF Bus, Realtek Standard APO, Dolby, Sonic Studio.
I have ditched Realtek DDL and DTS, SBConnect. Those are not installed on my PC.

View attachment 165046

Your idea is not bullshit.
It could be a good idea but big corporates works like grasshopper not an ant.
I had spend so much time with realtek tweak to make it enabled.
Then I had gave up and started to read forums why I couldn't make it enabled.
I have read it on Asus forum that they disabled the speaker fill for DCH drivers.
I doubt they will make it enabled, I even don't understand why they disabled it in the first place.

Ok, @onsekiz. I got a Question to you: This File, modded by you, enhances above the default included Content only this "tweaked" Feature? So I hope to run this modded "rtkhdaud.dat" on my PC

System Name My Gamer PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5 TUF
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix SportLT 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Geforce RTX 2080 AMP!
Storage SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Samsung UHD 4K 28" 60Hz DisplayPort 1.2
Case AeroCool Aero-1000 White
Audio Device(s) JVC RX-6008V Audio Receiver Dolby/DTS with S-PDIF
Power Supply Corsair TX850 v2 850W single rail
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Thermaltake TteSports Knucker
Software Windows 10 Pro
Thank you. I went to GitHUB but could not figure out how to get files from older builds, DUH!
Can you select which components to install when running the .exe ? I'm only interest in the Realtek driver and DDL/DTS Connect extension for the S/PDIF (Realtek Default Effects with DDL/DTS).
If only we could install the old "HDA Generic driver + DDL/DTS"... that all I need, I'm not using analog outputs and its softwares anymore. :)
I install "Realtek HDA Generic driver 6.0.1.8447 WHQL (x32x64) - DDL - DTS Connect" pack in my current jurassic computer (2nd gen I7 2600 + ASUS P8H67-V mobo with Realtek ALC 887 audio chip). I don't even have the Realtek Audio Control Panel on Win10, but it's installed on my Win7 partition.

Last edited:

onsekiz

Ok, @onsekiz. I got a Question to you: This File, modded by you, enhances above the default included Content only this "tweaked" Feature? So I hope to run this modded "rtkhdaud.dat" on my PC
Feel free to try, I made the tweaks for my motherboard. Maybe some of them are unnecessary maybe not. You can always re-replace this with your file.

Thank you @onsekiz I used your file. I have speaker fill option now and it works fine.

I am an happy man.

Regarding the rest:

1. Do I have to disable Speaker fill each time or when I launch a 7.1 game it will override it and give me real 7.1?

2. Nahimic is not working, should I just uninstall it?

3. What can I uninstall from the pack I installed?

4. Should I just load a system restore and only overwrite the file? or it's better I just leave everything as is?

Reason I am asking is that I keep getting peripheral remove/install sounds from windows.

Thanks!
1. You don't need to. Mine is always enabled and I can assure the movies which have 5.1 sound are sounded correct. All channels are individual for those movies. Same for the games.
2. I don't like Nahimic. I can't say you SHOULD uninstall but I don't use it at all.
3. I don't use SBConnect, ASIO, DDL/DTS, Nahimic. You can uninstall those but this is my subjective opinion.
4. I don't get the purpose of system restore for this situation. I had uninstalled and reinstalled 8960 for 10-12 times already, never used system restore. Just block your internet connection while installing or uninstalling standard version. During uninstalling clean everything with DriveStoreExplorer. You can find my procedure for standard version if you my check previous posts.

@Alan Finote can i have only dolby access oem setting for use with fxconfigure ? it seem my board can only use old ms driver to be able to detect front panel.
the realtek driver didn have headphone in speaker settings and frontpanel detection not working and realtek console not working. also the driver not working properly with discord app. and sometime it cut off apo audio stream leaves only realtek working.

if u can have tutorial about dolby access oem with ms driver through fxconfigure it would be great.

Godzilla

Hi Alan I request you to add the DTS Headphone X app in the next update , It's the best app I've seen for Laptop Internal Speakers and It won't work with your mod : (

H4rlock

Ok I have a problem.
Because of the hardware disconnection sound I was getting randomly I opted for a system restore.
I resolved the problem with some random driver updates (probably it was due to my keyboard).

Now I reinstalled the driver optimus AAFHDAudioPack-6.0.8960.1 , that worked last time.

I copied the new dat file that @onsekiz gave me.

At first run it did not work. I was not having the realtek panel at all.

I reinstalled all 1 by one and restarted the process in the same order:
1. Driver
2. Modded dat file.

It worked this time, but apparently the dat no. I have no speaker fill option.

1597084494391.png

How can I get the speaker fill back?

onsekiz

Ok I have a problem.
Because of the hardware disconnection sound I was getting randomly I opted for a system restore.
I resolved the problem with some random driver updates (probably it was due to my keyboard).

Now I reinstalled the driver optimus AAFHDAudioPack-6.0.8960.1 , that worked last time.

I copied the new dat file that @onsekiz gave me.

At first run it did not work. I was not having the realtek panel at all.

I reinstalled all 1 by one and restarted the process in the same order:
1. Driver
2. Modded dat file.

It worked this time, but apparently the dat no. I have no speaker fill option.

View attachment 165202

How can I get the speaker fill back?
It seems that durlng installation you have selected Realtek DDL/DTS, choose "Realtek Standard APO". The Dolby tab that appears on the screenshot you have sent only shown when you selected DDL Apo.

@onsekiz

What can/should I do?

Sorry for my newbieness.
I use Creative because speaker fill doesnt work with my chrome browser for spotify or youtube.
In creative.. IMMERSION, set it to 50% (above 50% messes with front channels mix), turn off the other effects and turn off environment.

H4rlock

It seems that durlng installation you have selected Realtek DDL/DTS, choose "Realtek Standard APO". The Dolby tab that appears on the screenshot you have sent only shown when you selected DDL Apo.
Well spotted.
All back all good and happy again.
Fingers crossed it will remain like this :)

I use Creative because speaker fill doesnt work with my chrome browser for spotify or youtube.
In creative.. IMMERSION, set it to 50% (above 50% messes with front channels mix), turn off the other effects and turn off environment.

Chrome is a malware, be careful :)

Hello Alan .. I can confirm, that the standard version of the realtek sound driver for AAFHDAudioPack-6.0.8945.1.exe works fine. All UWP apps can be operated normally on my device. The first time I installed that version, I only chose the standard installation configuration. Such as:
1. Creatif suite without DDL/DTS.
2. Dolby Atmos App,
3. A Valoute is not installed And;
4. the extra Realtek Consule app by you, isn't installed.

The result is pretty good in my opinion. ✌ Although the sound quality it produces is still better the AAF DCH Optimus Sound version 6.0.8984.1 , (after executing the rtkhdaud.exe file). (My personal opinion). Also, in this standard version, I feel a delay effect when we change some of the effects we want from one to another. That is all.
Thanks.