• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Mossey49

Ok, follow this guide, where I select 'Speakers' you select 'Samsung High Definition Audio', first use 'LFX/GFX'. Instead of 'Digital' you select 'Digital S/PDIF Output' and 'SFX/MFX'.

View attachment 181899View attachment 181900
I followed the guide but in SS 1 I have only have four choices I selected Samsung, but I don't get any of the options you are showing in SS2. So I just finished the install. Then I copied your configuration text file contents and pasted in the APO configuration. But when I run the program I got errors in each area of the equalizer. I give up this evening. Until tomorrow. I still only have 5.1 audio, and only when spdif is connected. Dts does not work.
I noticed in Alan's driver pkg, that there in no support for AsRock. In addition in sound control panel properties mine always shows as HDMI not plugged in, and yet with the Samsung HD audio selected I do get stereo through HDMI but no 7.1.

Last edited:
I followed the guide but in SS 1 I have only have four choices I selected Samsung, but I don't get any of the options you are showing in SS2. So I just finished the install. Then I copied your configuration text file contents and pasted in the APO configuration. But when I run the program I got errors in each area of the equalizer. I give up this evening. Until tomorrow. I still only have 5.1 audio, and only when spdif is connected. Dts does not work.
I noticed in Alan's driver pkg, that there in no support for AsRock. In addition in sound control panel properties mine always shows as HDMI not plugged in, and yet with the Samsung HD audio selected I do get stereo through HDMI but no 7.1.
Both the ASRock boards you listed are using intel as the GPU and HDMI, latest Intel DCH drivers here or the normal one here. I also sent you a personal message.

Mossey49

Both the ASRock boards you listed are using intel as the GPU and HDMI, latest Intel DCH drivers here or the normal one here. I also sent you a personal message.
I am going to use the normal one as my CPU is listed in supported CPU's. I did note Asrock is not supported!
I cleaned out all previous drivers except the Samsung HD Audio. Disconnected SPdif cable. I then installed the latest Driver for my MB from the Asrock WS. I pointed to the Samsung driver from 4 different spots that was showing Realtek HD Audio Device. Configured the Samsung Drivers to 7.1 and I got 7.0 when tested No sub woofer. I then played the Dolby Atmos trailer and I have 7.1 audio with booming bass. The DTS trailer would not play. So I download one from another site and it plays fine. So it would seem everything is now working as it should.
Thanks Alan and Ferather for sticking with me and helping me get this going. I do understand a lot more now than before.

Yeah I can only get Soundblaster to work until reboot. Such a bummer its amazing how well you can hear people coming towards you in Battlefield 5.

mcswizzle

Thanks for these drivers! They're the only ones I've been able to find that have true and functional 5.1 surround sound over TOSLINK/Optical that is reliable. I had an issue this summer with audio streams not resuming quickly, but it seems the latest release works perfectly fine.

For reference, I have a ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING motherboard.

These drivers are an improvement to Creative X-Fi, Alan did really well to get 'on-the-fly' transcoding without copying analogue from 'Speakers', and with options for both DDL-DTS.
I still don't like any of the stereo upmixers in the apps, they either don't work or sound like expand (which always sounds rubbish, terrible in quality).

Note to Alan: Last time I checked (removed Realtek Panel app), the 'DTS connect' (stereo to 5.1-7.1) doesn't work.
Personally I don't care since E-APO is doing a better job than any other upmixer I have tried.

Excellent, now everything is working using Equaliser APO. I now have stereo upmixing, speaker balancing, and multichannel digital (using the selected method, DDL or DTS).
I only needed one app to make everything work, the app also uses the native Windows audio service, which means it always runs as a background process.

----

Install AAF DCH driver: 6.0.9075.1 (lastest), then download 'Equaliser APO' (totally 100% free). Now download my 'E-APO AAF DCH.zip' file in the attachments below.
I have renamed my device outputs to 'Speakers' and 'Digital', and input to 'Microphone' and 'Stereo Mixer' for better reading and identification.

View attachment 180796View attachment 180797

Install Equaliser APO, when installing you will be asked which APO method to use, make sure you select 'SFX/MFX' with your AFF drivers, then restart PC.

View attachment 180798View attachment 180799

Unzip my package, then cut and move the config .txt files to your Equaliser APO config directory: C:\Program Files\EqualizerAPO\Config.
Now open Equaliser APO, and select your outputs, in my case that's 'Speakers' and 'Digital' as I renamed them earlier.

View attachment 180801View attachment 180803

Now you have upmixing on both analogue and digital. Digital will use your selected method, DDL or DTS.
Disable the 'upmixer' option in Equaliser APO, if pure direct is needed (still works when on).

View attachment 180804

Update: Graphic EQ removed, Feel free to make your own configs.
Maybe you should start your own thread so people aren't confusing your work with Alan's here.

System Name MIXED
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 2x16 3600MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 GameRock
Storage Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 1TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850-B 27" IPS 144Hz + LG CX3 55" OLED 120Hz
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC V2 + Hifiman Sundara
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard X Box Elite2
Software Windows 11 Pro
sadly this driver makes my sound shutter when switching apps or browser tabs

Maybe you should start your own thread so people aren't confusing your work with Alan's here.
Yes I did that the other day, its in my signature. Last config update is final, since you tweak what you need your self (examples: more rear, more bass, so on).

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard ASRock B450M Steel Legend
Memory 2x8GB Corsair DDR4
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix RX 570
Hello, i have a question about the drivers, sonic studio 3 sometimes works and sometimes doesnt ( usually after a while of it running normally ), in my audio devices under spatial sound i dont see dolby atmos or dts options and under hz i dont see dolby or dts options ( like there are on s/pdif ).

Attachments

• 99Fb5ltdAd.png
    99Fb5ltdAd.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 149
  • ApplicationFrameHost_0MerbcLtCD.png
    ApplicationFrameHost_0MerbcLtCD.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 188

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
i dont see dolby or dts options ( like there are on s/pdif ).
Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive decoders are supported on S/PDIF only.

DTS connect shows in the panel for both analogue and digital, not that it works on either.
Yes that did show in the panel, but not in the spatial sound options. Also i just reinstalled the drivers again and i have problema with nahimic. Mobo b450m steel legend alc897/892 chipset.

Attachments

• ApplicationFrameHost_5mKwlCQFdZ.png
    ApplicationFrameHost_5mKwlCQFdZ.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 85
Are you trying to get stereo (2 channel) over 5.1 or 7.1? Else it should already be playing multichannel for 5.1 and 7.1 audio tracks.

Are you trying to get stereo (2 channel) over 5.1 or 7.1? Else it should already be playing multichannel for 5.1 and 7.1 audio tracks.
Could you PM me over discord or some other service?

Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive decoders are supported on S/PDIF only.
Sorry for bothering you but my nahimic app is on 1.5.2.0, can't seem to get it working, it just shows this - ALC892/897 chipset.
ApplicationFrameHost_5mKwlCQFdZ.png

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (H²O)
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taichi
Cooling NZXT X61 + 2x PH-F140XP | NZXT X41 + PH-F140XP
Memory G.Skill 32 GiB DDR4@3600 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT (H²O)
Storage Crucial MX200 250GB, SEC 970 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
Audio Device(s) ALC1220, DT 770 Pro, UR44
Power Supply BeQuiet! SP E10 700W
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
Software EndeavourOS | Pop!_OS | Win10
Yeah I can only get Soundblaster to work until reboot.
Disable "Fastboot" in Windows 10 energy options -> "What to do on push the power button" ... and in UEFI boot options.
Restart PC ... & try again.

Hello, nahimic started working after installing the AAFHDAudioPack-6.0.8960.1, still AAFAudioPackDCH-6.0.9079.1 the nahimic just cant seem to work with this one...

d31ma

DOWNLOAD MY DRIVERS FROM HERE:
DCH-UAD VERSION (RECOMMENDED)
Do you have any instructions about how it can be installed?
For example on Realtek 1220 I can not use this mod.

I removed my drivers, installed AAF DCH Optimus Sound 6.0.9079.1 (Signed) and rebooted.
After that I do not have my realtek audio devices in Sound panel, Realtek console jas infinity loading et.

System Name Windows 10 x64 LTSC 1809
Processor Intel Core i5 6600K 3.50GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Extreme6
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 16GB
Video Card(s) Radeon 5700xt Sapphire Pulse
Display(s) Acer xz321qu
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
You don't need Realtek Audio Device Tweak tool, if the installation was correct.
The tool is only for some bug fixing or to (de)activate some special options/features.
The driver v6.0.9071.1 should work oob.

You have to decide between Realtek UAD Console ... or HDA Control Panel:

View attachment 179649 View attachment 179650

I like the (legacy) HDA Control Panel. It's faster to reach and I don't care about "old look". ;)
If you like more the UAD Console, then make your decision at the beginning of driver installation.
Sorry, but now you may have to delete & re-install AAF driver.

For Dolby Atmos and A-Volute you could also decide to use (and which) or not.
ok. i just tried to reinstall/install again with options you mentioned (choosed UAD panel) and... got nothing. Because there're UWP even in theese options.

Do you have any instructions about how it can be installed?
For example on Realtek 1220 I can not use this mod.
Can you post a screenshot of your 'device manager' (see below), it looks like you need to manually install the device.

1.png

d31ma

Can you post a screenshot of your 'device manager' (see below), it looks like you need to manually install the device.

View attachment 182690
So, I remove old drivers, reboot, install AAF DCH Optimus Sound 6.0.9079.1 (Signed), reboot and make a screenshot of Device Manager with Sound category. Am I right? (just to clarify, maybe I am doing something wrong)

d31ma

Please advise me what solution of getting DDLive is working with my Win 10 pro 19042?

I Tried drivers from the first page but my sounds in regular 2 channel was sounded strange....

Is there are old unlocked realtek drivers staff?