• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Processor AMD 7700x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB, DDR5-6000, (F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK)
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX 4070 Ti
Storage 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 2x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Kingston A2000 1TB (extern in einen SST-MS12)
Display(s) BenQ 24"
Case Fractal Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor über Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX1200
Mouse Logitech G703 Lightspeed
Keyboard Sharkoon
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
I have a MSI x570 Unify with a Realtek 1220 Audio Chip. The MSI have Nahamic but i dont like this. Is there any working Dolby Mod which work on my Board?

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9079.1
A-VOLUTE NAHIMIC 3 EXTENSION UPDATED

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

Last edited:
No problem, Alan did most of the work, I just investigated and sent feedback, he fixed the 'PCM' to digital transcoding, which means even analogue 5.1 and 7.1 is sent to digital and transcoded (converted) to either 5.1-7.1 'DDL' or 'DTS'. My upmixer simply redirects 2 channel stereo into the extra channels for 5.1 and 7.1, by default the system and drivers will send 'PCM' to digital to be transcoded.
----

That's the rub, optical S/PDIF looks like stereo to windows so unless the program allows you to explicitly set output channels, you're stuck with stereo.

It doesn't seem that the equalizer allows you to copy from one device to other, it'd be ideal if you could copy from Analog 5.1 out to S/PDIF out but no such thing.

For what it's worth, internally it's all digital, either PCM or DD/DTS, there is no "analogue 5.1" or 7.1. Analogue output gets PCM fed in and the DAC converts it to analogue at output. Quite often rather badly on integrated audio, on work laptop you'll hear scrolling web pages as scratchy noises etc.. I bought a cheap Xonar U3 USB dongle to listen to music on a work laptop..

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (H²O)
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taichi
Cooling NZXT X61 + 2x PH-F140XP | NZXT X41 + PH-F140XP
Memory G.Skill 32 GiB DDR4@3600 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT (H²O)
Storage Crucial MX200 250GB, SEC 970 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
Audio Device(s) ALC1220, DT 770 Pro, UR44
Power Supply BeQuiet! SP E10 700W
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
Software EndeavourOS | Pop!_OS | Win10
@Barleyman

For me all analogue multichannel is converted on the fly to DDL-DTS, enable digital as default, then checkout this site, turn off E-APO 'upmixer':
AAC Multichannel Playback Test (fraunhofer.de), Play also the multichannel wave file (analogue) using Edge browser.

Various web browsers wont support multichannel playback, so download them if needed.

----

I also recently removed my 'Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro' PCIE card, which also has DDL-DTS, DTS connect and stereo upscale options.
Realtek AAF driver + E-APO = superior, the Creative upscale only worked on some apps, and used a fair amount of CPU.

The E-APO 'upmixer' option works, always, and uses about 0.1% CPU average, and it's a higher quality.

Last edited:
Processor AMD 7700x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB, DDR5-6000, (F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK)
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX 4070 Ti
Storage 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 2x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Kingston A2000 1TB (extern in einen SST-MS12)
Display(s) BenQ 24"
Case Fractal Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor über Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX1200
Mouse Logitech G703 Lightspeed
Keyboard Sharkoon
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Hi, I just found about your driver, but I have a problem. I want to retask my front panel case jacks, but I can't do that, since no pop-up appears, even if I uncheck "Disable front panel jack detection".

What can I do?

My board is an Asus Z87M-Pro4 with Realtek ALC892 connector, and I don't get any pop-up when I am connecting any cables into the audio jacks.
Try enabling that should allow you to retask, also choose allow other option for separate input. I have the 892 as well. The problems I have all come from windows 10 particularly how it wants to install hdmi drivers from radeon or the monitor I have.

Oh btw I am back to vanilla drivers and things are better but it got really bad. Any instruction on how to make the KGA work for me appreciated.

Alan, do you have any support list for your mod? Because on REALTEK/ALC1200-VD1 I can install it, but it will not working.

Do you mean the device shows as 'AAF DCH' and does not work, or does not show, and instead either 'Realtek Audio' or 'Microsoft Audio'? If you dont have AFF but installed it, try the following:
Open 'Device manager', right click the soundcard, and select 'Update driver' > Browse computer > Let me pick > Untick Show compatible hardware > Alan Finotty > AAF DCH.

You can download 'Realtek Audio Control' from here if it did not install, 'Sonic Studio 3' here, and 'Nahimic' here. The last two will NOT be modded.

1.png2.png

3.png

Mossey49

Does Alan's driver only support Spdif? I tried another clean install of Win 10 20H2 and I guess because I had Alan's driver installed on my system before I started Windows installation. Windows installed it own SPdif driver in the clean install, and the Samsung High Definition Audio Driver which it selects by default. Note: I disconnected the spdif cable during the Win 10 install. With the Samsung driver as default . It still only works in stereo. In the Windows Sound Control Panel I can select 7.1 Audio but when I do a test I only have the front L&R speakers. If I select the spdif sound device drivers I get no audio trough HDMI at all and when SPdif is connected I get 5.1 audio playing the Dolby Atmos Trailer and the DTS trailer will not play. I would like to get HDMI working again, but have no idea how!

You can use 'Equalizer APO' (see signature) to fix that problem, the only difference will be analogue multichannel to digital multichannel transcoding, although the HDMI card might support it anyway.
If you follow my guide, and latest config files, select 'HDMI' instead of 'Speakers' in my guide, and see if that works, it should do as long as the drivers are good.

Last edited:

Mossey49

You can use 'Equalizer APO' (see above) to fix that problem, the only difference will be analogue multichannel to digital multichannel transcoding, although the HDMI card might support it anyway.
If you follow my guide, and latest config files, select 'HDMI' instead of 'Speakers' in my guide, and see if that works, it should do as long as the drivers are good.
I followed your link above to the Realtek Audio Control. I get an error and can not install it!

Attachments

• Screenshot (87).png
    Screenshot (87).png
    163.7 KB · Views: 127

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
I followed your link above to the Realtek Audio Control. I get an error and can not install it!
Check that the "Realtek Audio Universal Service" service is running. Open the CMD, type "sc query RtkAudioUniversalService" and check the service status: 4 RUNNING or 1 STOPPED

Mossey49

Not running"

It's running but I still get an error when I try to install the Realtek Audio Console App from the Play store My driver is not the same as Ferather has show above SS will show what I have now

It's running but I still get an error when I try to install the Realtek Audio Console App from the Play store My driver is not the same as Ferather has show above SS will show what I have now
Not running"

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    510.9 KB · Views: 165
  • Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    109.9 KB · Views: 109

FalconX

Hi, I've just registered at this forum to test out this promising AudioMod.
I have an old Realtek ALC292 chip in my Dell laptop, I guess this won't work with this AudioMod or am I just doing something wrong or missing the correct driver?
I have installed the package with the basic settings.

Realtek Audio Console says "can't connect RPC service", Sonic Studio 3 says "the current system is not supported... NOPKEY", THX TruStudio Pro also doesn't work.
And I don't know what to set in Realtek Audio Device Tweak - have not changed anything there.

... and happy new year!

Mossey49

I am missing something probably small but I think it is causing my issues. I have another PC with Asrock Z170Extreme7+ MB with Realtek AC1150 Audio. I installed Alans driver package, then the Realtek Audio console from MS store and this is what I get SS attached. I don't get anything like this on my HTPC(Asrock Z77 Pr4-M Realtek AC892) system. The only difference is of coarse I have a HDMI cable out from my HTPC to my Yamaha RX-V861 receiver. Then HDMI from the Yamaha to a Samsung 4K TV. Windows always installs and selects a Samsung High Definition Audio driver. That only works in Stereo even though I can select 7.1 audio in the configure/properties. On a clean install my Monitor(4k TV) is detected as Generic and the scaling is way off. It over scales by 30% and when I adjust it, the resolution drops from 1920by1080 to 1440 by 740. Can this be part of the issue? When I install Alan's driver on the HTPC I only get the Digital SPdif Output(AAF DCH Optimus Sound Driver as a choice. I tried manually installing the other Analogue Driver maually as per Ferather guide above but could not find where the driver resided in my Windows installation. The Realtek Audio Console will not install from MS Store, even though the service is running. sc query RtkAudioUniversalService (4 Running)

Attachments

• Screenshot (89).png
    Screenshot (89).png
    142.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot (90).png
    Screenshot (90).png
    179.8 KB · Views: 116

FalconX

Update (see 2 posts above): I've disabled the driver signification in Windows 10. Now the programs are working, but zero effect.
If I change the equalizer in Dolby Atmos or change anything in Sonic Studio 3 nothing changed in the sound. Only Realtek Audio Console works.

Update:
This one works!

Last edited:
I am missing something probably small but I think it is causing my issues. I have another PC with Asrock Z170Extreme7+ MB with Realtek AC1150 Audio. I installed Alans driver package, then the Realtek Audio console from MS store and this is what I get SS attached. I don't get anything like this on my HTPC(Asrock Z77 Pr4-M Realtek AC892) system. The only difference is of coarse I have a HDMI cable out from my HTPC to my Yamaha RX-V861 receiver. Then HDMI from the Yamaha to a Samsung 4K TV. Windows always installs and selects a Samsung High Definition Audio driver. That only works in Stereo even though I can select 7.1 audio in the configure/properties. On a clean install my Monitor(4k TV) is detected as Generic and the scaling is way off. It over scales by 30% and when I adjust it, the resolution drops from 1920by1080 to 1440 by 740. Can this be part of the issue? When I install Alan's driver on the HTPC I only get the Digital SPdif Output(AAF DCH Optimus Sound Driver as a choice. I tried manually installing the other Analogue Driver maually as per Ferather guide above but could not find where the driver resided in my Windows installation. The Realtek Audio Console will not install from MS Store, even though the service is running. sc query RtkAudioUniversalService (4 Running)
Ok, follow this guide, where I select 'Speakers' you select 'Samsung High Definition Audio', first use 'LFX/GFX'. Instead of 'Digital' you select 'Digital S/PDIF Output' and 'SFX/MFX'.

1.png2.png

i installed the latest version without problems, i chose soundblaster 720 ° but when i open it cannot detect the audio device

Attachments

• Immagine 2021-01-01 173825.jpg
    Immagine 2021-01-01 173825.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Hopefully it will work on both, but it will definitely work on AAF S/PDIF, you will get 5.1 or 7.1 when stereo is played.

@Barleyman

For me all analogue multichannel is converted on the fly to DDL-DTS, enable digital as default, then checkout this site, turn off E-APO 'upmixer':
AAC Multichannel Playback Test (fraunhofer.de), Play also the multichannel wave file (analogue) using Edge browser.

Various web browsers wont support multichannel playback, so download them if needed.

----

I also recently removed my 'Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro' PCIE card, which also has DDL-DTS, DTS connect and stereo upscale options.
Realtek AAF driver + E-APO = superior, the Creative upscale only worked on some apps, and used a fair amount of CPU.

The E-APO 'upmixer' option works, always, and uses about 0.1% CPU average, and it's a higher quality.

Yes, that works fine, since you can define in MPC-HC or rather in the LAV filter it uses that you want to output 5.1 audio, whatever the S/PDIF optical output says it is.

If you don't have anything connected to the analogue outputs, then you won't see analogue outputs as an option. I guess if I DID wire the three stereo wires, I might be able to redirect the "speaker" output to S/PDIF. But I'm holding out for someone selling me the Creative pro 5.1 USB plug. So far people have been "Sorry, I don't have time for mail, pick up only mate", but someone somewhere must still know their way around Royal Mail..

By the way, my PCI (not PCIe) Xonar card DDL/DTS works perfectly in every app, perhaps Xonar has better drivers? You can explicitly define how many channels you want it to present to windows and a separate setting what you want to mix it to. Making windows think you've got 7.1 system and mixing it to stereo channels is no problem at all. Mostly useful for headphones of course.