• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

ScomComputers

Thank you very much for the information and help and for dealing with it, I really appreciate it, I'm waiting for a solution.
This would help a lot of people,thank you!

Equaliser APO - Stereo Surround Upmixer

1639019334941.png

Reminder: If you want to part with some money, stop the APO4 service, and buy a Sound Unbound license (1 license, 10 host devices).

I like Updates! 9.8 Score across the board so far, and still going.

Last edited:
Reminder: If you want to part with some money, stop the APO4 service, and buy a Sound Unbound license (1 license, 10 host devices).

I like Updates! 9.8 Score across the board so far, and still going.

Sadly the Sound Unbound doesn't work through SPDIF, only HDMI :(

kotobuki09

IS this after installing the driver, we will get a sound unbound license?
I try so many times but it seems doesn't work for me and I am also a little bit confused about the doing tools part. Could you said a little bit more about it?
I couldn't find DTS Interactive:X (APO4) or it is missing?

Last edited:
@pyuras, what part of Sound Unbound? If you are set to multichannel, you cant use the stereo features, you will need to set SPDIF to stereo.
SPDIF lacks the config that analogue and HDMI have, if you set to stereo via Unbound, you would get stuck on 2 channel.

@kotobuki09, Yes once the driver is installed, if you cant use the store version, you can use the older provided one.
Interactive is for bitstreaming devices, you cant get it on analogue direct or headphones, SPDIF-HDMI only.

Last edited:
@pyuras, what part of Sound Unbound? If you are set to multichannel, you cant use the stereo features, you will need to set SPDIF to stereo.
SPDIF lacks the config that analogue and HDMI have, if you set to stereo via Unbound, you would get stuck on 2 channel.

The "DTS:X for Home Theater" spatial sound option only works through HDMI:

dts.png

Oh yes ofc that one, haha sorry, yes at this time only HDMI. You will need to add the data to SPDIF, some info here.

@kotobuki09, If you need any further assistance with Sound Unbound, dont hesitate to post.

kotobuki09

Oh yes ofc that one, haha sorry, yes at this time only HDMI. You will need to add the data to SPDIF, some info here.

@kotobuki09, If you need any further assistance with Sound Unbound, dont hesitate to post.
Yes, I did use the version from Mediafire folder. For some reason, I still cannot make it work.
Maybe I mess up some parts in the tools with RTK Device Tool. How can I check if it's succesful?

You have time to use TeamViewer?, message me, else message me any way for a run through of causes and fixes.

Updated, for HDMI, USB and other devices on the system, see post 1.
You can also use it to switch between stereo on SPDIF.

Last edited:

kotobuki09

Updated, for HDMI, USB and other devices on the system, see post 1.
You can also use it to switch between stereo on SPDIF.
Thank but I didn't have SPDIF at the moment! Maybe future update :clap::clap:

Finally, I can make it done!! But for some reason, DtsX doesn't show when I push my headphone in! Still same old problem I guess :)

Very odd, thanks for the message about that, I think the MSI is using redirect rather than true form factor, I can see the missing form factor for headphones (doesn't say anything at the bottom).
I will have to look into this, although I cannot promise anything since I dont have an MSI with headphone redirect, which as you said in your message its Nahmic?

As a side note, most issues are with MSI, even in the past.

----

Some thoughts, not sure how this works yet, but I remember the Nahmic mirroring device, which I guess is for headphones. It counts as a virtual device.
It will probably need programming like it was a USB device, however the missing form factor means APO4 wont know what it is.

It might be possible to add a form factor via registry, depending on the device, else you would flick it (see here).

Note: If you try to change SPDIF-HDMI to the Speakers form factor, even if it worked, you would lose bitstreaming.
Its possible for DTS to program the service to recognize SPDIF-HDMI as 'External-Speakers', like APO3.*

* PCM is PCM.

----

Personally I suggest Gigabyte or Asus, however no brand is immune to mistakes. Main stream chips, ideally not a USB version.
Also note a good GPU will also count as a dedicated sound card, although with no APO's or software.

Currently I am running my AMD over my Realtek, Realtek-DTS APO's, Interactive 5.1 to Z906.

====

Here are the EPO settings I am using with DTS DCH and with SFX "Any" "Any" (5.1) in the preset, if I was recording from SFX, I would set the upmixer LFE and balance to 0:

https://ibb.co/NWFgTTG | https://ibb.co/frLjV33 | https://ibb.co/7Y2MV1m | https://ibb.co/HCKJvqn

Balance effects all PCM audio, multichannel or not, the upmixer will only apply when 2 channel (stereo) is played, not more.
To override webrowsers, which like Interactive output a finite number of channels (6), set 0 to 6.

Remember to set it back after, else 6 channel audio will be upmixed left-right.

----

If you followed post 1 fully (including pnputil), and still cant get Interactive to show on SPDIF-HDMI, try this policy first (not for USB), then ask.

----

Taking a short break, nothing to update (not likely to be improved much), dont worry I am still here for feedback and questions.

Last edited:

kotobuki09

Thank you a lot! Do you have a configuration solution to overcome the VPN to prevent them from starting APO4 service?

No problem, as far as the VPN, I am not sure of the cause, just that it happens, and has not been fixed-addressed by the VPN company.
The VPN issue and SPDIF-HDMI form factor to 'External Speakers' for stereo in the service, are the only changes possible.

----

If you prefer another driver, perhaps with its own APO's and OEM setup, or dont have Realtek the thread is here, and latest package download is here.

----

If you have Z906 or similar, and want to use headphones, plug them into the Z906, it will decode and do 5.1 to headphones.

Edit for the above post, I added side reduction: https://ibb.co/b66qyxb | https://ibb.co/K53wVhh

====

====

Ahh, the days of VHS and tape, here is something to test with 5.1 upmixing, I am using Potplayer to play it (add URL).

1639349632851.png

Last edited:
I updated the preset, see the link above, for stereo use the EQ (top right) to adjust each mode if needed.
Double click install (no need to run as Admin), once its finished restart your computer.

For multichannel, play around with EAPO upmixer to suit your ears.

----

Last edited:
System Name Coffee | Maximus
Processor Intel Core i7 9700K @ 5.2 GHz with AVX, 4.8 GHz cache clock | i7 9700KF @ 5.0 GHz/4.7 GHz cache
Motherboard ASUS Maximus X Formula | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger (modded BIOS for Coffee Lake)+TPM2.0 module
Cooling Cooler Master ML240 Illusion | Cooler Master ML120L RGB
Memory 2*16 GB (32 GB) Kingston Fury Beast @3600 MHz CL17 | 4*8 GB (32 GB) HyperX Fury @3200 MHz CL14
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB Twin Edge | Galax RTX 2060 Super 8 GB
Storage Samsung PM981a 1TB NVMe+480GB SATA SSD+2 TB HDD | Crucial P5 1TB, Crucial P1 500GB+2.5TB HDDs
Display(s) LG OLED 55 G3, 4K 120 Hz, VRR, ALLM, GSync, FreeSync | Samsung 43AU9070 4K TV, VRR, ALLM
Case Corsair Crystal 460X RGB | Lianli Lancool 215
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z SE | Realtek ALC1150 (Supreme FX)
Power Supply ASUS ROG Strix 750G (80+ Gold) | Cooler Master MWE 650 V2 (80+ Bronze)
Mouse Cooler Master MM731 19000 DPI gaming mouse
Keyboard Cooler Master CK721 65% mechanical gaming keyboard (tactile)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 |Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20 MT 4200,ST 547 CPU-Z MT 4871, ST 620 | R20 MT - 4158, ST - 534, CPU-Z MT 4798, ST 603
@Ferather - Can I use your drivers for DTS Interactive/DTS Connect support in analog mode (5.1 channel speaker) for my primary system (ROG Strix B550-F Gaming with Realtek S1220A)?

kotobuki09

It's weird for me! I did get VPN to disable APO4 while installing this driver.
Can I turn on the APO4 manually maybe after closing all VPN connections?

ScomComputers

Hello...is there a free,simple equalizer that can be used to easily adjust the high tone emphasis,I have a sound card that can do "loudnes" but no eq?
If so I would not mind the RLTK usb.
Thank you very much !

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Hello...is there a free,simple equalizer that can be used to easily adjust the high tone emphasis,I have a sound card that can do "loudnes" but no eq?
If so I would not mind the RLTK usb.
Thank you very much !
You need Equaliser APO.

@itsakjt, DTS Interactive (aka DTS Surround, DTS Audio) is for SPDIF-HDMI, digital interfaces, its not for analogue. Connect is Interactive + Neo-PC.

1639528132593.png

If you follow the policy edits in the package, you should get the equivalent of Neo-PC on analogue, I use E-APO.
The older DTS APO1 had Neo-PC for analogue and 'Surround Sensation', but they are superseded.

APO4 with its spatial engine, and many other features, can use any upmixer.

----
@ScomComputers, If you mean stereo, try Boom3D, main site here. If you have any HDAUDIO devices on the system you can also add DTS:X etc.

Last edited: