• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

Space Lynx

Astronaut
In my case it was Deus Ex: Mankind Divided which came bundled with the FX-8320E I bought (which allowed me to pass the Phenom II 965BE I used to my brother's pc). Funny thing? I never really got into the game as much as I did into Human Revolution.

Funny you mention that, I finally got around to trying Mankind Divided about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and it just felt off to me... it just didn't feel polished. I couldn't figure it out, but I just didn't like it at all and quit after about 20 minutes... really sad about that because I loved Human Revolution. Can't figure out what the difference is, but something about it just felt off.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Funny you mention that, I finally got around to trying Mankind Divided about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and it just felt off to me... it just didn't feel polished. I couldn't figure it out, but I just didn't like it at all and quit after about 20 minutes... really sad about that because I loved Human Revolution. Can't figure out what the difference is, but something about it just felt off.
Human Revolution felt like an adage to Metal Gear and so inherited a lot of that nostalgia. Mankind Divided seems like a Game with no soul in comparison.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
Okay, so after spending some real time with the RT on Elden Ring, I am very pleased with it. Listen, my eyes have over 500 hours on this game with no RT, and while it's not earth-shattering, it's basically a perfect improvement. Nothing about the fundamental visual representations change. But textures have such nice pop. All of the colors are both more natural and more varied. With the added illumination, shadows ARE more washed out, which some will decry as being too flat. I just find it more natural... again, especially in the color department. You can even see it on your own weapons and armor - it just pops that much more. Everything looks cleaner.

Also, it looks like we actually did get the full suite, but cut down. You can see the noise in the shadows... there are RT shadows to be found if you look close, but they clearly are not working with many rays or filtering. They're not super accurate, just accurate enough for that zoomed-out 3rd person view. Reflections on things like water are hybrid. The GI is by far the most prominent, and I'm glad because to me it is the most important. You don't appreciate a simple thing like having the colors of lights and shadows correctly influence how textures appear until you see it. After that, you can't mistake the absence of it when it's not there. The RT itself is not dramatically noticeable, though you may find yourself somehow more 'taken' by the images in ways that are difficult to point directly at. What IS noticeable, however, is how stark and 'disconnected' the various elements look when you disable it. Yes, there is more contrast, but it's like something is missing.

I don't like using realism to describe it. Video game environments often have a lot of realistic features, but their style is not 'realism' in the sense that they are still deviating heavily from how reality looks. Realism is about representing reality down to the finest details. The moment the lighting becomes even a little 'atmospheric' it has lost that. Realism is kind of is the definition of plain and everyday in terms of how it depicts reality. It's all about plain details. Games are at most, more like 'cinematic' or 'photorealistic', like reality+ than say, the bare realism of early renaissance times.

What I WILL say is that I think RTGI ups something I'd rather call the "plausibility." Plausibility in an image has little to do with its correlation to expectations for reality. You can deviate wildly from that and it still looks 'correct'. For instance, a Salvador Dali painting is the furthest thing possible from realism while still having recognizable objects and forms... and yet it all seems plausible within it's own universe. Part of what makes them so striking is how well they convince you that things just look that way and it should make sense to you. It's about INTERNAL visual consistency, how well the image incorporates the various elements. How well it conforms to its own given expectations and promises. When it comes to more abstract styles of drawing and painting, the way you place light and how the things you draw respond to it is basically instrumental to the 'success' of the end result. A more captivating image will usually have a more involved lighting dynamic that ties together the more abstract elements and gives the whole thing a better sense of cohesiveness and texture. The more seamlessly those things mesh and reinforce one another, the more automatic the suspension of disbelief tends to be. And again, this is something that works as well with hard realism as it does with entirely fantastical or surreal styles. In fact, it's more vital in the latter, where the lack of normal reference points will throw a person off, as all they have are the dynamics between the different aspects shown in the piece.

When it comes to Elden Ring's use of RTGI, I think it clears that plausibility mark. That's the only way I can describe it. It's still a fantasy world, but visually it feels somehow more complete. Everything just makes more sense. And it sounds crazy, but I think it's mostly down to the color dynamics that RTGI introduces. They nailed it, man. It looks so nice. Or more, these images feel nice, like they somehow have more granular texture to them. Materials I would've passed up suddenly look more interesting to me. And again... I have over 500 hours of play, yet it looks fresher to me now than on day 1 of playing. RTGI produces images that at times seem flatter, but as you adjust, you find that even those moments have a lot more going on with them than they used to, that justifies it perceptually and makes you forget that impression and start to sense more depth instead. The reason they are superficially 'flatter' is because there are entirely new lighting dynamics filling everything out, and you can begin to pick those apart and see how the light behavior comes together to make what is ultimately a better image. Definitely better and worse to it, but sometimes it is ultimately better to have less contrast. Not everything SHOULD be full contrast imo. It's kind of an odd experience, though - you almost can't believe how the images affect you, like things shouldn't seem as different as they do, just based on what you are consciously picking up on visually. There's no clear reason you can point to for why that is.

It's super-weird stuff. I get why some people doubt it, but like I said before, I think your average person hugely takes for granted how they actually see things. Personally, getting into photogrophy is what got me more plugged into the nuances of game visuals. I think before that, I wouldn't have cared about RTGI myself. But after having to try and wrangle light with machines, always contending with the fact that light doesn't fully behave as seems to in the eye, I've come to really appreciate this focus on further granulating how light works in games, and I think it stands to improve the visuals of games done in virtually any style. This game is just another example of that in my book.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS B550M-Plus WiFi II
Cooling Noctua U12A chromax.black
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 4080 GameRock OC
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Asus XG35VQ
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) Creative Gigaworks - Razer Blackshark V2 Pro
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Razer Viper
Software Windows 11 64bit
That's why RT performance is what matters most today.
I play Metro Exodus Enc. Edition and although the game is bad in nearly every aspect, the GI makes it look impressive.
The correct lighting and shadows gives the feeling that you are in that environment. You don't fly around.

Outback Bronze

Staff member
System Name Raptor Baked
Processor 14900k w.c.
Motherboard Z790 Hero
Cooling w.c.
Memory 32GB Hynix
Video Card(s) Zotac 4080 w.c.
Storage 2TB Kingston kc3k
Display(s) Gigabyte 34" Curved
Case Corsair 460X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply PCIe5 850w
Mouse Asus
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win 11
Benchmark Scores Cool n Quiet.
Yeah, it's not bad. Have been enjoying playing it so far. Steam had it on special so thought why not.

HorizonZeroDawn_2023_03_26_15_03_45_953.jpg

What am I'm playing right now. I-Chess (Arena Chess) on idiot mode. Heh. If I have time I would study a bit, buuuut real life gets ugly over here so it's on idiot mode for me. My Chess Ranking is in the low 900's in this game. Bruh.

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
Ion Fury, cuz what else do you play on a 4070 Ti?

After that it's No One Lives Forever 2, DUSK and Aliens vs. Predator 2.

System Name BlackE
Processor AMD Ryzen 7950X
Motherboard Asus X670E Hero
Cooling Custom Loops (GPU 560mm and CPU 480mm)
Memory G.Skill Trident DDR5 6000Hz 64gb
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 4090 OC
Storage WD M.2 NVMe 2TB (OS), 2x4TB (Photography), 1TB (Games)
Display(s) LG UltraGear 48" OLED 4k
Case Caselab Magnum STH10
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud II Headset
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 Platinum
Mouse Razer Naga Pro
Keyboard Wooting Two HE Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
That's the reason we get new and stronger hardware. Not to play newer games, but to play old games better :D
Yep. Gotta see what I was missing back then with this new stuff.

System Name Desktop-TJ84TBK
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 120mm, Noctua NF-F12
Memory B-Die 2x8GB 3200 CL14, Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200 CL16, OC'd to 3333 MT/s C16-16-16-32 tRC 48
Video Card(s) PNY GTX 690
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, MX500 500GB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Black 2TB, WD Caviar Green 3TB, Intel Optane 16GB
Display(s) Sceptre M25 1080p200, ASUS 1080p74, Apple Studio Display M7649 17"
Case Rosewill CRUISER Black Gaming
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS GM-750
Mouse Kensington K72369
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit, macOS 11.7.8
Benchmark Scores are good
System Name 4K 144hz gaming PC :)
Processor Ryzen 9 7950X
Motherboard ASrock X670E Steel Legend
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5 6400 CL38 @ 6200 CL32
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom @ GS
Storage WB Black 1TB Pcie4
Display(s) iiyama G-MASTER G4380UHSU-B1
Case Lian Li O11D Evo
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 1300 G2
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
Software Win 11 PRO
Benchmark Scores Time Spy: 34857 Time Spy Extreme: 19629 Port Royal: 28542 Speed Way: 11257 (Hall of Fame)
Just like last weekend, i'm playing Diablo 4 beta. Looks good, can't wait to play it on June 2nd for real but it does seem a bit oversimplified, with just skill points and the items drop very below your level and it doesn't make any difference, at lvl 20 you can fight lvl 30 enemies etc. Maybe the game really starts after level 50 or something, don't remember Diablo 2 being so casual :D Will probably be able to undervolt much more when it comes with DLSS 3 :laugh:

Processor 5800X3D -30 CO
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling DeepCool Assassin III
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V @ 3800 CL14
Video Card(s) ASRock MBA 7900XTX
Storage 1TB WD SN850X + 1TB ADATA SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell S2721QS 4K60
Case Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced USB 3.0
Audio Device(s) Audiotrak Prodigy Cube Black (JRC MUSES 8820D) + CAL (recabled)
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750
Mouse Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave
Keyboard Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave
Software Windows 10 Pro
I completed Undertale taking the True Pacifist Route. This gives you the best/intended ending, but is impossible to achieve on the initial playthrough. It has a number of prerequisites, and involves a good deal of backtracking:

ut1.jpgut2.jpgut3.jpg

I must say that this was a completely unique experience, unlike any other game I'd played. Undertale is both an homage to and a clever pastiche of 8-bit (and following) RPGs, whose turn-based combat includes bullet hell waves and other arcade segments. The low-res pixel art graphics with limited color palette, use of checkpoints to save progress, NPC interaction, inventory management and chiptune soundtrack are all reminiscent of the late eighties/early nineties classics.

But its most peculiar feature is that the game is aware of itself. And I don't just mean the NPCs responding differently to reflect your actions. Without spoiling it, Undertale keeps a tally of all your choices and develops in really unusual ways. It has you constantly second-guessing yourself. And every time you think you have figured the game out, it comes out of leftfield to say "gotcha!"

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole adventure, but Undertale also brought me a lot of frustration, especially in the beginning. The combat mechanics are never properly explained, so you will have to figure out every encounter and enemy attack pattern on your own. And you will die. Repeatedly. Think souls-like. Though once you figure out how to protect yourself, the enemies become much easier to dodge.

And did I mention the music? Undertale has absolutely amazing score that adjusts its tone and tempo to mirror your acts. And this whole game is only 155 MB, including the 89 MB soundtrack. It's truly an experience without an equal. If you haven't played it yet, do give it a try. Don't let the "childish" fairy tale setting fool you. It's a deep meaningful story about the essence of humanity. It will captivate your soul.

Last edited:
System Name Home brew
Processor Intel i7 8700k 4.5g
Motherboard Asus RoG Strix Z370 H
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 S/LG window air conditioner
Memory G Skill Ripjaws V ddr 4 3200 32 gb.
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage WD 240gb 3D nand SSD/WD 1tb 3D nand SSD
Display(s) Acer XF240 H 144hz Freesync
Case Rosewill Viper Z mid tower
Audio Device(s) Motherboard/EV 740 2 way & pwrd woofer/Logitech wireless headset #?
Power Supply EVGA supernova 850 G2
Mouse Cougar Revenger S
Keyboard Havit KB390L
Software Windows 10
I argue with my friends every day on discord as they laugh that I play at 60. It's not their problem, dammit :D
60hz should play faster on your machine.. . In First Person Shooter, that's the name of the game. However, you own a 6700 with good latency, that must be a kick-a55 machine. Removing detail and resolutions (like ray-tracing) help anyone's machine run faster, better. The graphics card doesn't have to work as hard to resolute (apply) all the detailed graphics. I like than in CoD WW2 because the enemy players stand out more AND because the nonsense details doesn't disguise them well. The game runs cooler, faster. For a few years I done this with a janky 4 1/2 yr. old Vega64 it ran @35-45c even thou I turned up the fans to 80+. It ramped to 1800 fps+/-. Yeah, noise wasn't the factor winning was.

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
System Name Home brew
Processor Intel i7 8700k 4.5g
Motherboard Asus RoG Strix Z370 H
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 S/LG window air conditioner
Memory G Skill Ripjaws V ddr 4 3200 32 gb.
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage WD 240gb 3D nand SSD/WD 1tb 3D nand SSD
Display(s) Acer XF240 H 144hz Freesync
Case Rosewill Viper Z mid tower
Audio Device(s) Motherboard/EV 740 2 way & pwrd woofer/Logitech wireless headset #?
Power Supply EVGA supernova 850 G2
Mouse Cougar Revenger S
Keyboard Havit KB390L
Software Windows 10
Looks like my new home. After this year. I'm broke and in the negative. I'm packin' my bags, now.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling be quiet dark rock pro 3
Memory GSKill Aegis 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 7800 XT Hellhound 16GB GDDR6 256-bit
Storage Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 1TB , HyperX Savage 240GB SATA 3
Display(s) Benq EX2780Q
Case Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Sound BlasterX G6
Power Supply Seasonic prime TX-650
Mouse Marvo Scorpion G981
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite - Yellow Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro
Untitled.jpg

Is this poster ethical for Muslims to have in their house??
I don't know man, this is a bit much even for Christians....

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE

Outback Bronze

Staff member
System Name Raptor Baked
Processor 14900k w.c.
Motherboard Z790 Hero
Cooling w.c.
Memory 32GB Hynix
Video Card(s) Zotac 4080 w.c.
Storage 2TB Kingston kc3k
Display(s) Gigabyte 34" Curved
Case Corsair 460X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply PCIe5 850w
Mouse Asus
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win 11
Benchmark Scores Cool n Quiet.
I could never get into it, fetch quests after the first tutorial area made me give up on it.

Yeah, I'm on level 9 and a little worried about the repetitiveness of the game. I'll keep going for a while as I'm sucked in atm but I'm wondering how long I'll be amused for :(

System Name Apex Raptor: Silverback
Processor Intel i9 13900KS 6.2GHz/Allcore5.9
Motherboard z790 Apex
Cooling LT720 360mm + Phanteks T30
Memory 32GB @8000MT/s CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090
Storage 990 PRO 2TB / Firecuda 530 2TB
Display(s) Neo G8 / C1 65"
Case Antec Performance 1
Audio Device(s) DT 1990 Pro / Motu M2
Power Supply Prime Ultra Titanium 1000w
Mouse Scimitar Pro
Keyboard K95 Platinum
I found the main story mission lore as you progress to be quite interesting, the moment to moment goings on and dialog less so. But that was more than enough for me. Other than that it's a rather by the numbers ubisoft style open world affair.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
I found the main story mission lore as you progress to be quite interesting, the moment to moment goings on and dialog less so. But that was more than enough for me. Other than that it's a rather by the numbers ubisoft style open world affair.
It's map marker pokemon concept of open world game design.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed/-130mV undervolt'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro

Yeah I think if you don't find the lore interesting then the game wont last.
Personally I Ioved that game and it kept me hooked when I first played it, read and listened to every lore related thing I could cause I found the game's world interesting enough.
Fetch quests I did not mind tho, I used to be an MMO player so its normal for me. :oops:

Combat is also pretty fun imo.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
I wanted to give Steam some love during the sale and with the recent announcement of Diablo 4 I wanted a new ARPG. This was $11 on sale on Steam. It would seem the Dungeon is somewhat online but as you can see the map is huge. The skill tree is almost as good as Path of Exile but pales to Grim Dawn. If you have played Victor Vran you get it.

The skill tree is not overwhelming like Path of Exile but looks like a Chinese Checkers board. It works with a controller and the enemies are varied and boss battles are challenging but you get lot's of items and all of the traditional teleport, trade, upgrade, craft scenarios are in the Game.

Its is called Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem and has a crazy intro.
Wolcen_ Lords of Mayhem 2023-03-22 10_50_46 AM.png

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I mean sure I understand the concern but you know me I'm a rather simple person in that regard and I don't have high or 'unrealistic' expectations and pretty much don't care about any of that corporate crap or whatever is behind the scenes. 'most bigger corporations/dev teams are no saints anyway..'
As long as I get about the same fun out of the actual gameplay like I get from D3 even after almost 11 years its fine with me.

Basically I'm just looking for my next Diablo journey and my go to ARPG fill for the coming years.:)
Since the beta is only ACT 1 and up to level 25 + 1 world boss to kill its about enough to get the general feel of how the game plays and maybe checking the performance too.
Gameplay feel and end game is important to me so I won't be able to properly judge the game until its fully relased and I have a max level char.

Either way I will report back from the beta with that limited experience.
If the mechanics and the game is good, I'm all in. Its that simple. I care little for corporate bs either, until it invades the game and its gameplay, and its impossible to deny that didn't damage D3 in the past.

That's my fear, really, but then again, I say that with a distinct IDGAF-face because there's enough out there regardless.

I wanted to give Steam some love during the sale and with the recent announcement of Diablo 4 I wanted a new ARPG. This was $11 on sale on Steam. It would seem the Dungeon is somewhat online but as you can see the map is huge. The skill tree is almost as good as Path of Exile but pales to Grim Dawn. If you have played Victor Vran you get it.

The skill tree is not overwhelming like Path of Exile but looks like a Chinese Checkers board. It works with a controller and the enemies are varied and boss battles are challenging but you get lot's of items and all of the traditional teleport, trade, upgrade, craft scenarios are in the Game.

Its is called Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem and has a crazy intro. View attachment 289434
Its considered a notoriously bad ARPG, I'm inclined to agree.

Just like last weekend, i'm playing Diablo 4 beta. Looks good, can't wait to play it on June 2nd for real but it does seem a bit oversimplified, with just skill points and the items drop very below your level and it doesn't make any difference, at lvl 20 you can fight lvl 30 enemies etc. Maybe the game really starts after level 50 or something, don't remember Diablo 2 being so casual :D Will probably be able to undervolt much more when it comes with DLSS 3 :laugh:
Oooh dear... :)

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XV273K + Lenovo L32p-30
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Currently RE4 remake. Feels great so far though I'm only in the village part so far.

That might be a bit problematic I assume, I had around 1+ hour queue shortly after the 'pre order' beta started last weekend but the rest of the days were fine.
Supposedly 1+ million players tried that beta out and now this one will be open beta so I expect a lot more traffic. 'hopefully it wont be that bad cause I also want to try out a Necro, only had time to try Sorc so far'
It went semi-smoothly on my end, thank Inarius :) I did play Necro (of course) but didn't fell in love in the game or anything...
Maybe I shouldn't expect them to make it similar to D2, but the damage-sponginess of the mini bosses has been varsity overplayed n recent years. That makes most of the monster unmemorable. It's not like in D2 and those special super-uniques that we all know and love (Pindleskin, Frozenstein, etc.). But who knows, the full release might feel more substantial...

On the bright side, I loved the razor-sharp focus on itemization and how cool can the attributes get. Seems like min-maxing builds this time around will be quite the ride. In that respect, I think DIV is even better than PoE