• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

If you think youre having a bad day....

They never supplied the new cables for the replacement supply that had different pinout, so how is it his fault.
Are you really sure about this? I have not followed the case, so I do not know.

I strongly doubt that any company would send out power supply without cables that are needed for safely running the power supply.

Last edited:
System Name Sleepy Painter
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus TuF Gaming X570-PLUS/WIFI
Cooling FSP Windale 6 - Passive
Memory 2x16GB F4-3600C16-16GVKC @ 16-19-21-36-58-1T
Video Card(s) MSI RX580 8GB
Storage 2x Samsung PM963 960GB nVME RAID0, Crucial BX500 1TB SATA, WD Blue 3D 2TB SATA
Display(s) Microboard 32" Curved 1080P 144hz VA w/ Freesync
Case NZXT Gamma Classic Black
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1
Power Supply Rosewill 1KW on 240V@60hz
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legend
Keyboard Red Dragon K552
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC 1809 17763.1757
Sorry, but the information packed with the product is above any information any represantative or sales person or emplyee of a third party fixing the PSU gave to the customer. If they write YOU MUST USE SUPPLIED CABLES WITH THIS PRODUCT on the box or in the supllied manual, and the customer did not do this, it is his fault.
In the case of this thread's topic:
that's wholly and thoroughly incorrect.

evga22tbhorror_1.png

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Wow. I learned a thing. And also: wow

If they really do not want the cables with the PSU, that is weird, because they are a part of the PSU and there may be some problem with them.

And if they really ship out PSU without proper cables for it, it is inexcusable.

Reactions: Lei
System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Microsoft Ocean Plastic Mouse
Keyboard Galax Stealth
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
Trying to rewrite EVGAs history based on your own obviously jaded opinion barren of any actual FACTS is just sad.

You're obviously emotionally invested. Let me guess, it's also Jensen Huang's fault they screwed up every side business they've had right? From motherboards to mice and keyboards to their network and audio cards right?

I, like everyone, loved EVGA's products (when they hit the mark anyway and they usually did), but it's undeniable that their quality standards dropped HEAVILY over time and that they were unable to continue to provide the same level of service they did when they were at their prime, around the time Pascal generation cards were the good stuff.

Power supplies like their N1 series shouldn't be used on ANY computer and I'll stand by that but I've seen lots of people using them just because of the brand. They have regularly released trash products in the PSU market and relied on RMA in case anything goes wrong. This isn't up for debate, it's a hard fact.

The fate of EVGA was sealed by a series of bad decisions. The power supply drama is just one of them.

Last edited:

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 5800X3D
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 6600 8 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
I think the "original problem" is the fact they changed the pin layout WITHIN a model, instead of BETWEEN different models, AND without notifying users of it: whomever though that was a bright idea ought to be fired ...

@ minimum, they should replace the hard drives, but it seems they aren't going to ... BAD CALL, IMO ...

System Name Desktop/HTPC
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi ITX
Cooling ID Cooling DashFlow 240mm AIO
Memory 64GB (2x32) G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600 CL18
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB
Storage 4TB WD SN850X NVMe, 2TB WD SN850X NVMe
Display(s) LG OLED65B9PUA 65" 4K OLED TV
Case Lian Li x Dan A4-H20
Audio Device(s) USB to MiniDSP DDRC24 DAC, RCA to SUMO Andromeda amp, wired to Wharfedale SP88 speakers
Power Supply Silverstone SX1000R SFX-L Platinum ATX 3.0
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB Mini
VR HMD Oculus Rift / PSVR / PSVR2 / Lenovo Explorer
Software Windows 11 Pro
To expand on this, the replacement PSU was the same model, and EVGA's own guidance on warranty returns tells the customer to keep and reuse the cables, as they will not return sent in cables with the replacement PSU.

Posted about this in the staff chat, shocked me too, considering how respected EVGA is in the community.
... Yeah, unless the conclusion here is they replace all his drives and pay for data recovery at a world class facility at no cost to the customer without any further action required on the customer's part, I will never own or recommend another EVGA product. And that's thousands in lost sales from me alone, likely, over the next few years. This is a travesty.

I think the "original problem" is the fact they changed the pin layout WITHIN a model, instead of BETWEEN different models, AND without notifying users of it: whomever though that was a bright idea ought to be fired ...

@ minimum, they should replace the hard drives, but it seems they aren't going to ... BAD CALL, IMO ...
This literally never should have happened under any circumstances. It could be nothing but a cost saving move. There's no other reason to do it.

Are you really sure about this? I have not followed the case, so I do not know.

I strongly doubt that any company would send out power supply without cables that are needed for safely running the power supply.
This is their policy. It has been clearly stated multiple times.

What's more, as a PSU "manufacturer" (reseller) it is their moral responsibility to make sure that incompatible cables that looks similar that came with their products are physically incompatible if they are not pin compatible. Think about it, what is the likelihood this was going to happen regardless, given how many people, once they have a good experience with a brand buy multiple products from that brand and store them close together? If a set of cables look exactly like another set of cables and fit the same sockets for the same brand of PSU, they should be interchangeable. Anything less than this is a disservice to the consumer and a clear cost cutting move on the part of the manufacturer. It is not defensible.

Last edited:

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X w/Eisblock XPX
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop, Corsair ML/LL fans
Memory 48GB Kingston Fury DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF w/Vector TUF
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XV273K 4K120 + Lenovo L32p-30 4K60
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
How is this user error? they changed the pinouts, never told him, and never sent the new cables to match the new pinout.

They never supplied the new cables for the replacement supply that had different pinout, so how is it his fault.
Didn't read that first yet still didn't edit my post, as that's still a valid advice in overall to never use other than the PSU's own cables. My bad.

Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Keyboard Galax Stealth

I mean this occurred because they're selling different power supplies that were contracted out to different OEMs under the same product line and in this case same wattage.

It's common practice when you're running a white label business which is what EVGA's power supply business essentially had become by their final years around Ampere generation GPUs.

For example, I'm aware that their BQ series use an Andyson platform on lower capacities and HEC on higher capacities. Their internal projects and platforms are completely different, which explains the pinout changes: they're a consequence and not a deliberate choice, and one that wouldn't matter if due diligence was made by RMA personnel in verifying the actual revision of the product.

Thing is it's just not something most RMA departments are even trained to check particularly if they're a skeleton crew.

System Name Desktop/HTPC
Audio Device(s) USB to MiniDSP DDRC24 DAC, RCA to SUMO Andromeda amp, wired to Wharfedale SP88 speakers
Software Windows 11 Pro
I mean this occurred because they're selling different power supplies that were contracted out to different OEMs under the same product line and in this case same wattage.

It's common practice when you're running a white label business which is what EVGA's power supply business essentially had become by their final years around Ampere generation GPUs.

For example, I'm aware that their BQ series use an Andyson platform on lower capacities and HEC on higher capacities. Their internal projects and platforms are completely different, which explains the pinout changes: they're a consequence and not a deliberate choice, and one that wouldn't matter if due diligence was made by RMA personnel in verifying the actual revision of the product.

Thing is it's just not something most RMA departments are even trained to check particularly if they're a skeleton crew.
Which is why at this point absolutely no one should be buying EVGA products.

Keyboard Galax Stealth
Which is why at this point absolutely no one should be buying EVGA products.

Agreed. EVGA's case also brings to light another interesting phenomenon, that of extremely long warranties. The RAM business has long offered lifetime warranties because of the extremely low likelihood that the RAM would ever fail but it's often not the case with PSUs that offer 8 to 12 years in some cases but have to deal with power conversion and the instability from mains, heat in components etc.

If someone purchased a power supply with 10 years warranty in 2015 and it failed today, EVGA wouldn't have an equal product to replace it with and the one you'd get back is very likely to be completely different - and with the way things are going, suppose someone did this in 2021, what are the realistic prospects this company will be around by 2031? Slim at best I'd say.

My case with a 1300 G2 that I bought brand new, sealed in box in 2017 would fit in the latter. It was obviously older stock at that point, TPU's review of it is dated 2013(!), and it's an exceptionally high-quality power supply but... Yep, I'm not getting a warranty replacement on it.

System Name Desktop/HTPC
Software Windows 11 Pro
Agreed. EVGA's case also brings to light another interesting phenomenon, that of extremely long warranties. The RAM business has long offered lifetime warranties because of the extremely low likelihood that the RAM would ever fail but it's often not the case with PSUs that offer 8 to 12 years in some cases but have to deal with power conversion and the instability from mains, heat in components etc.

If someone purchased a power supply with 10 years warranty in 2015 and it failed today, EVGA wouldn't have an equal product to replace it with and the one you'd get back is very likely to be completely different - and with the way things are going, suppose someone did this in 2021, what are the realistic prospects this company will be around by 2031? Slim at best I'd say.

My case with a 1300 G2 that I bought brand new, sealed in box in 2017 would fit in the latter. It was obviously older stock at that point, TPU's review of it is dated 2013(!), and it's an exceptionally high-quality power supply but... Yep, I'm not getting a warranty replacement on it.
We all remember the heyday, the only difference here between those trying to defend EVGA and those horrified with how this is being handled and rightly shaming them / cutting all ties is whether we recognize how far they've fallen since.

I think the "original problem" is the fact they changed the pin layout WITHIN a model
They can do whatever they want, as long the information you got when purchasing the product, information on the box and in documentation and the actual product match.

When they do a radical technical revision of the product, these are functionally two different products and it is up to them to keep track of which product is which.

If they send a customer a different product without all accessories neccessary to safely run the product, they are responsible for the damage.

System Name Desktop/HTPC
Software Windows 11 Pro
They can do whatever they want, as long the information you got when purchasing the product, information on the box and in documentation and the actual product match.

When they do a radical technical revision of the product, these are functionally two different products and it is up to them to keep track of which product is which.

If they send a customer a different product without all accessories neccessary to safely run the product, they are responsible for the damage.
I am blocking you.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
I have a few Evga cards, and a PSU. But I won’t be buying from them anymore. When they gave up being a partner is when I gave up being a customer. It still hurts a bit, but not interested in their peripherals.

BTW a major part of this problem may be that EVGA is not a real PSU manufacturer. They just resell what somebody else made.

I only buy Seasonic PSUs because they really make them.

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock through Kryosheet
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 40
Meh, my mate fried my X58 a while ago, he mixed up his Corsair cables, that had similar fashion of doing stuff...

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Audio Device(s) Onboard

This SHOULD NEVER happen: LABEL IT something different, to indicate there's @ least ONE difference.

MAJOR FAULT ... but it wouldn't be required if they simply NAMED the changed product DIFFERENTLY (a simple letter or number after a "-" @ the end would be enough): different name means SOMETHING is different.

I work @ a ball bearing factory and EVERY component change means a new name for the final product, even if just a different letter.

For example:

- type of spheres used - metal, ceramic
- type of grease used - MANY different types
- type of cages used (what keeps the spheres separated) - of plastic, steal, brass, etc
- slack tolerance size (difference between the size of the inner and outer rings from nominal values, in microns) - C0 (normal), C2 (smaller), C3 (wide), C4 (wider) and C5 (widest)
- type of shields (what protects the bearing from contamination) - of plastic or metal, only 1 side or both sides
- type of packaging (how they are sold to client) - individual boxes or in a card / plastic box with X bearings

And ALL OF THIS for ONE TYPE of bearing, and we make SEVERAL DOZEN different types of bearings.

System Name Desktop/HTPC
Software Windows 11 Pro
System Name Sleepy Painter
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus TuF Gaming X570-PLUS/WIFI
Cooling FSP Windale 6 - Passive
Memory 2x16GB F4-3600C16-16GVKC @ 16-19-21-36-58-1T
Video Card(s) MSI RX580 8GB
Storage 2x Samsung PM963 960GB nVME RAID0, Crucial BX500 1TB SATA, WD Blue 3D 2TB SATA
Display(s) Microboard 32" Curved 1080P 144hz VA w/ Freesync
Case NZXT Gamma Classic Black
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1
Power Supply Rosewill 1KW on 240V@60hz
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legend
Keyboard Red Dragon K552
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC 1809 17763.1757
This SHOULD NEVER happen: LABEL IT something different, to indicate there's @ least ONE difference.

MAJOR FAULT ... but it wouldn't be required if they simply NAMED the changed product DIFFERENTLY (a simple letter or number after a "-" @ the end would be enough): different name means SOMETHING is different.

I work @ a ball bearing factory and EVERY component change means a new name for the final product, even if just a different letter.

For example:

- type of spheres used - metal, ceramic
- type of grease used - MANY different types
- type of cages used (what keeps the spheres separated) - of plastic, steal, brass, etc
- slack tolerance size (difference between the size of the inner and outer rings from nominal values, in microns) - C0 (normal), C2 (smaller), C3 (wide), C4 (wider) and C5 (widest)
- type of shields (what protects the bearing from contamination) - of plastic or metal, only 1 side or both sides
- type of packaging (how they are sold to client) - individual boxes or in a card / plastic box with X bearings

And ALL OF THIS for ONE TYPE of bearing, and we make SEVERAL DOZEN different types of bearings.
While I (overall) agree, and found all that intriguing*...
I have 1st hand (humiliating) experience that says "not all industries follow those tight standards".

Ever installed a brake caliper 'upside down' (on the wrong side)?
I have. :oops:

At least for a Dodge Dakota, both left and right (front) brake calipers have IDENTICAL (marked) Part#s and casting marks.

Why? It's a quick and simple process to drill+tap the brake bleeder, etc. location specific to ea. side.
The casting (with the integral identification) is the same so, any 'differences' post-casting are not differentiated in the part number or any other markings.

*No Sarcasm. I'm the type of person that enjoys the 'industry insider-facing' advertisements I get on YouTube, etc.

Last edited:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 \Paradigm 7se MKII, Paradigm 5SE MK1 , Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
I could see how this would happen. Especially when they RMA the PSU and do not want the cables back. Just the PSU (this is the policy)

But who has 22Tb and doesn't back up?

What about the cost to replace.

If they honor this i think it could put the final nail in the coffin, hate to think how many would take advantage of this if they agree that they are at fault..

The real problem here is that it's not been standardized already. PSU's been getting more and more like pre-built ones

System Name Jaspe
Processor Ryzen 1500X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming
Cooling Stock
Memory 16Gb Corsair 3000mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTS 450
Storage Crucial M500
Display(s) Philips 1080 24'
Case NZXT
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Enermax 425W
Software Windows 10 Pro
I have a few Evga cards, and a PSU. But I won’t be buying from them anymore
If it's cards, you couldn't even if you wanted to

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Audio Device(s) Onboard
While I (overall) agree, and found all that intriguing*...
I have 1st hand (humiliating) experience that says "not all industries follow those tight standards".

Ever installed a brake caliper 'upside down'? I have. :oops:

At least for a Dodge Dakota, both left and right (front) brake calipers have IDENTICAL (marked) Part#s and casting marks.

Why? It's a quick and simple process to drill+tap the brake bleeder, etc. location specific to ea. side.
The casting (with the integral identification) is the same so, any 'differences' post-casting are not differentiated in the part number or any other markings.

*No Sarcasm. I'm the type of person that enjoys the 'industry insider-facing' advertisements I get on YouTube, etc.

The scale we work in is in microns: hence the "tight standards".

That's a bad idea, IMO ... not making the differences from each side CLEAR ...

Referring to my comments about bearings, and using specifically the example of the bearings i'm making since yesterday, which is 6205 series (rings FOR the bearings, actually: no longer work @ the bearing assembly section due to an arm injury, for about 11 years) and, a quick look @ the company's site shows THIS MANY variants:
Screenshot from 2024-03-24 12-32-04.png

- "C" - the generation (forgot that one ...)
- "2HRS" or "2Z" are shield types - some use only 1, or none even, which is why it's absent in some
- "L069" is the standard grease, but "L038" and "L100" are also very common, though there are MANY other greases
- "C3" is the slack tolerance size - C0 is the default so it's NOT used: they use "C3", "C4", others when NOT the default
- "TVH" is a cage for the spheres - it's a single cage: when it's metal, it's not named (default) UNLESS it's a "special" type, like brass for instance
- ">V" - when i worked in that section it didn't have that, so i dunno what that is for sure, but I THINK it's to differentiate "C" generation from "2nd C" generation ("C" generation fazed out somewhat recently)

Link to the 6205 page, where i took the pic from: https://medias-at.schaeffler.com/en...rings/deep-groove-ball-bearings/6205/p/354175

SOME bearings have more variants than others: i used 6205 because it's the one i was making yesterday (from Monday to Thursday it was 6204, and it changes often).

Noticed how EVERY DIFFERENCE is reflected in the final name? THAT'S THE POINT i'm trying to make.

Last edited:
System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
I am still baffled as to why PSU manufactures started using cables with different pinouts in the first place, what was the point, why do that ? What a horrendously moronic design choice.