• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series Video Cards Specs Leaked

It doesn't make sense if AMD spends more than one year of R&D on the R700 series to make it based off the R600 and one more thing which confuses me, what happened to the R700? Why is there already a "revision" RV770? The RV naming is used for non-flagship products. Example R600 is flagship, RV670 isn't flagship, but the R680 (2xRV670) is flagship. Note the naming.

In that case the 'specs leakage' in the first post didn't come from AMD either.
I'd say its mostly speculation.

EDIT: Its all bullshit:

http://www.hardware-infos.com/news.php?news=2008
See this? This is "their sources" Its evidently not from AMD Moreover, see what fudzilla says about the source:http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6994&Itemid=1

Note, fudzilla seem to be NEVER wrong. They are always correct and them actually going that that info is bull says a lot. Which means this news article is to be taken with a grain of salt...

512bit mem bus anyone?

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
nvidia has a 71% market share as posted earlier.

If there are 1,000 people, with 71% being Nv users - that means 710 of them are Nvidia, and the rest are divided between SiS, Intel, S3, and ATI.
lets say half of them crashed (dead split, 50% of that entire group) - funnily enough, more of the crashes will be caused by nvidia since there ARE MORE NVIDIA SYSTEMS TO CRASH.

WHY cant you get that? jesus...

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
nvidia has a 71% market share as posted earlier.

If there are 1,000 people, with 71% being Nv users - that means 710 of them are Nvidia, and the rest are divided between SiS, Intel, S3, and ATI.
lets say half of them crashed (dead split, 50% of that entire group) - funnily enough, more of the crashes will be caused by nvidia since there ARE MORE NVIDIA SYSTEMS TO CRASH.

WHY cant you get that? jesus...

nvidia has nowhere near that amount when intel is factored into the equation it's more like 75% intel, 15% nvidia, 6% ati and 4% split between sis, via, s3 etc.

AND if I remember crrectly intel has less crashes than either nvidia or ati. the article basically praised intel onboard drivers. as well as intel chipset drivers (as the article never stated that they polled users with addon graphics only) meaning that nvidia chipsets and amd/ati chipsets are in there as well.

Basically ALL of you read the article wrong. and somehow you're all thinking that the article was on add on graphics only, quite funny as intel DOESN"T SELL ADD ON GRAPHICS and was included.

90% of the computer users on vista have onboard graphics, meaning that it has as much to do with chipset drivers as it does vga drivers. seriously get off that article because all it is is Microshaft blaming everyone else for it's own mistakes.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V Evo
Cooling Xigmatek HDT S1283
Memory 4GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3
Video Card(s) GigaByte Radeon HD3870 512MB GDDR4
Storage WD Caviar Black 640GB, Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 250GB
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster F2380M
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy ES 5.1
Power Supply Corsair VX550
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64
Someone here is a little freaking retarded. WHQL doesn't mean shit. I'd rather not have M$ slap a meaningless label on it. 174.74s are whql for 9 series, so just get the "beta" (which is identical) if you have an older card and STFU.

Longer time between releasing probably saves your avg joe dipshit from problems. I can see them going to the website 3 times a month installing new drivers without actually uninstalling (cleaning) the old ones (which is definitely partly Nvidia's fault and ATI, etc) and causing mayhem.
If you're smart enough to be updating drivers (properly), then you probably don't need to go to the official sites to get them (I know I never do).

Lol man, i just wrote my expressions with 7900gt, i didn't lie, and i know how to install new drivers properly. Jesus what a troll you are :laugh:

It doesn't make sense if AMD spends more than one year of R&D on the R700 series to make it based off the R600 and one more thing which confuses me, what happened to the R700? Why is there already a "revision" RV770? The RV naming is used for non-flagship products. Example R600 is flagship, RV670 isn't flagship, but the R680 (2xRV670) is flagship. Note the naming.

I'd say its mostly speculation.

EDIT: Its all bullshit:

http://www.hardware-infos.com/news.php?news=2008
See this? This is "their sources" Its evidently not from AMD Moreover, see what fudzilla says about the source:http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6994&Itemid=1

Note, fudzilla seem to be NEVER wrong. They are always correct and them actually going that that info is bull says a lot. Which means this news article is to be taken with a grain of salt...

512bit mem bus anyone?

Did people ignore this?

UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
Processor I9 9900KS @ 5.3Ghz
Motherboard Gagabyte z390 Aorus Ultra
Cooling Nexxxos Nova 1080 + 360 rad
Memory 32Gb Crucial Balliastix RGB 4.4GHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 (Bios and Shunt Modded) 2.17GHz @ 38C
Storage NVME / SSD RAID arrays
Display(s) 38" LG 38GN950-B, 27" BENQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440p, Samsung 27" 3D 1440p
Case Thermaltake Core series
Power Supply 1.6Kw Silverstone
Mouse Roccat Kone EMP
Keyboard Corsair Viper Mechanical
Software Windows 10 Pro
ahhh, 512bit bus, we can certainly hope!!! and that means I wont be downgrading my memory bus when i finally wave this sweet sweet 2900xt goodbyeeeee :)

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V Evo
Cooling Xigmatek HDT S1283
Memory 4GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3
Video Card(s) GigaByte Radeon HD3870 512MB GDDR4
Storage WD Caviar Black 640GB, Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 250GB
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster F2380M
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy ES 5.1
Power Supply Corsair VX550
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64
ahhh, 512bit bus, we can certainly hope!!! and that means I wont be downgrading my memory bus when i finally wave this sweet sweet 2900xt goodbyeeeee :)

I don't think they will go on 512 again (at least not in near future). The manufacturing costs were much higher with it, and ATI have to make gpus with low manufacturing cost (to maximize profit).

Anyway 512bit and gddr5? that means a lot of bandwith. What for? Gddr3 is cheaper, 0.8 gddr3 with 512bit memory interface would make some sense, but very fast ram AND 512 bit make no sense at all.

But it would be really a surprise if we would get a cheap card with (1gb) gddr5 and 512bit :D

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
I don't think they will go on 512 again (at least not in near future). The manufacturing costs were much higher with it, and ATI have to make gpus with low manufacturing cost (to maximize profit).

Anyway 512bit and gddr5? that means a lot of bandwith. What for? Gddr3 is cheaper, 0.8 gddr3 with 512bit memory interface would make some sense, but very fast ram AND 512 bit make no sense at all.

But it would be really a surprise if we would get a cheap card with (1gb) gddr5 and 512bit :D

From what i've read, the reason they opted for GDDR5 is that it runs MUCH cooler then GDDR3 and, therefore, can be clocked higher.

DarkMatter

Processor Intel C2Q Q6600 @ Stock (for now)
Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Cooling Proc: Scythe Mine, Graphics: Zalman VF900 Cu
Memory 4 GB (2x2GB) DDR2 Corsair Dominator 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) GigaByte 8800GT Stock Clocks: 700Mhz Core, 1700 Shader, 1940 Memory
Storage 74 GB WD Raptor 10000rpm, 2x250 GB Seagate Raid 0
Display(s) HP p1130, 21" Trinitron
Case Antec p180
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi PLatinum
Power Supply 700W FSP Group 85% Efficiency
Software Windows XP
I don't know why people is being so conservative with their expectations about these cards. They look almost double as fast as current Ati cards, based on the specs shown here. You can believe them or not, that's another story, but looking at them and not expecting at least a 75% performance increase is really pesimistic. If the specs are true, these cards have the potential to be more than twice as fast as RV670. 32 TMUs clocked higher than on RV670 will help for sure, as well as double the GFlops on the shaders. ROPs mean nothing nowadays, specially on Ati cards where AA is done in the shaders. Such high memory bandwidth is not really needed, but it will help increase performance a bit. All in all, I would expect a card with these specs being more than twice as fast as current generation of Radeons.

nvidia has nowhere near that amount when intel is factored into the equation it's more like 75% intel, 15% nvidia, 6% ati and 4% split between sis, via, s3 etc.

AND if I remember crrectly intel has less crashes than either nvidia or ati. the article basically praised intel onboard drivers. as well as intel chipset drivers (as the article never stated that they polled users with addon graphics only) meaning that nvidia chipsets and amd/ati chipsets are in there as well.

Basically ALL of you read the article wrong. and somehow you're all thinking that the article was on add on graphics only, quite funny as intel DOESN"T SELL ADD ON GRAPHICS and was included.

90% of the computer users on vista have onboard graphics, meaning that it has as much to do with chipset drivers as it does vga drivers. seriously get off that article because all it is is Microshaft blaming everyone else for it's own mistakes.

I have quoted you since it's the last post regarding the vista crashes subject, but it's directed to everybody talking about them.

If we HAVE to talk about Vista crashes and Nvidia drivers in a thread about new HD4000 cards, at least let's do it with real numbers. Here you have actual market share figures:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/..._Back_Market_Share_from_Intel_Nvidia_JPR.html

Here's a resume: Intel's average for the year is around 40%, ~30% for Nvidia and ~19% for Ati.

Now I have to say that I agree a bit with newtekie. Even though he is using bloated numbers, what he said has sense. You have to take into account that most Intel IGP users are not doing anything stressful enough to get a crash related to graphics. The chances for Office, Mozilla or Emule to cause graphics related crashes are not very high, mefinks. Anyone with more "ambitious" needs will use a discrete card, even if it's only for watching movies on the PC, or they will use Ati/Nvidia integrated graphics instead of Intel IGP.
You can't use bold numbers in this situation since the use that people give to their machines is most relevant than the graphics adapter itself. Overclocking, driver changes, hardcore gaming, benchmarking/stressing the card, all of them are risk factors that could eventually lead to crashes. None of them are going to happen in an Intel IGP.
I would apply the same about Vista. Amongst people using Vista there's a bigger chance to find Ati/Nvidia discrete cards than on XP machines. The last time I heard a Vista and graphics card related news (aside the Vista crashes one), it was about Vista increasing the number of discrete graphic cards sold.
Those two facts take Intel out of the ecuation IMO. So that leaves us with Ati vs. Nvidia crash numbers. Here Nvidia has ~66% of market share, but there were reports that Nvidia was selling way more DX10 high-end cards (before RV670, but a year selling "only" Nvidia 8 series leads to lot of users), while Ati was selling more low-end and integrated graphics. If you look at the charts, you can see that Nvidia+Ati sold 52 millions of graphics adapters in Q4 2007 and in the next link we can see they sold 31 million discrete graphics on the same timeframe:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/...Rise_but_Prices_Down_Jon_Peddie_Research.html

Almost half of the cards are integrated, where Ati was selling more. Again there's a low risk factor between people using integrated graphics. We can easily conclude then that between the risk factor crowd the number of Nvidia cards is a lot bigger than what pure market share would suggest.

In the end what I mean is that Nvidia causing more crashes is purely stadistics at work and has nothing to do with driver quality. None of te companies offer better drivers than the other.

System Name Not named
Processor Intel 8700k @ 5Ghz
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Assassin II
Memory 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15
Video Card(s) Zotac 1080 Ti AMP EXTREME
Storage Samsung 960 PRO 512GB
Display(s) 24" Dell IPS 1920x1200
Case Fractal Design R5
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Watt Fully Modular
I don't know why people is being so conservative with their expectations about these cards. They look almost double as fast as current Ati cards, based on the specs shown here. You can believe them or not, that's another story, but looking at them and not expecting at least a 75% performance increase is really pesimistic. If the specs are true, these cards have the potential to be more than twice as fast as RV670. 32 TMUs clocked higher than on RV670 will help for sure, as well as double the GFlops on the shaders. ROPs mean nothing nowadays, specially on Ati cards where AA is done in the shaders. Such high memory bandwidth is not really needed, but it will help increase performance a bit. All in all, I would expect a card with these specs being more than twice as fast as current generation of Radeons.

I have quoted you since it's the last post regarding the vista crashes subject, but it's directed to everybody talking about them.

If we HAVE to talk about Vista crashes and Nvidia drivers in a thread about new HD4000 cards, at least let's do it with real numbers. Here you have actual market share figures:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/..._Back_Market_Share_from_Intel_Nvidia_JPR.html

Here's a resume: Intel's average for the year is around 40%, ~30% for Nvidia and ~19% for Ati.

Now I have to say that I agree a bit with newtekie. Even though he is using bloated numbers, what he said has sense. You have to take into account that most Intel IGP users are not doing anything stressful enough to get a crash related to graphics. The chances for Office, Mozilla or Emule to cause graphics related crashes are not very high, mefinks. Anyone with more "ambitious" needs will use a discrete card, even if it's only for watching movies on the PC, or they will use Ati/Nvidia integrated graphics instead of Intel IGP.
You can't use bold numbers in this situation since the use that people give to their machines is most relevant than the graphics adapter itself. Overclocking, driver changes, hardcore gaming, benchmarking/stressing the card, all of them are risk factors that could eventually lead to crashes. None of them are going to happen in an Intel IGP.
I would apply the same about Vista. Amongst people using Vista there's a bigger chance to find Ati/Nvidia discrete cards than on XP machines. The last time I heard a Vista and graphics card related news (aside the Vista crashes one), it was about Vista increasing the number of discrete graphic cards sold.
Those two facts take Intel out of the ecuation IMO. So that leaves us with Ati vs. Nvidia crash numbers. Here Nvidia has ~66% of market share, but there were reports that Nvidia was selling way more DX10 high-end cards (before RV670, but a year selling "only" Nvidia 8 series leads to lot of users), while Ati was selling more low-end and integrated graphics. If you look at the charts, you can see that Nvidia+Ati sold 52 millions of graphics adapters in Q4 2007 and in the next link we can see they sold 31 million discrete graphics on the same timeframe:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/...Rise_but_Prices_Down_Jon_Peddie_Research.html

Almost half of the cards are integrated, where Ati was selling more. Again there's a low risk factor between people using integrated graphics. We can easily conclude then that between the risk factor crowd the number of Nvidia cards is a lot bigger than what pure market share would suggest.

In the end what I mean is that Nvidia causing more crashes is purely stadistics at work and has nothing to do with driver quality. None of te companies offer better drivers than the other.

Beautifully said, now lets put it to rest :)

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I suppose second hand info equates to official marketing and leaked specs equate to final words now?

Did AMD's marketing make any claims like that? Reading the original article I see, "while the 4870 will be the first mass-production GPU with a clock speed higher than 1 GHz. Prototype RV770 boards were clocked at about 1.05 GHz." Right off the bat the reference to prototypes should be a bit of a redflag for anyone looking to take that claim to heart. Especially when he referred to final clocks (albeit in reference to the 4850) not being specified in the previous sentence. It sounds like buddy @ tgdaily might have heard the prototypes were clocked at 1.05 GHz, realized the benchmark that sets and ran with that.

I could see your point if this was something that came directly from AMD, and if they did I'll go find a crow and some salt, but I was under the impression that AMD has overall been pretty damn tight lipped (this new article seems to echo that) about these new cards and reading that article I'm not seeing any reason to think that the info came direct from AMD. The only "from AMD" thing reported there seems to be that they'd be rolling out a significant number of products in May, and even among that it goes on to say "sources now confirmed that the introductions will include desktop ... graphics parts." which points towards Dirk not specifying that. "We'll be releasing a product in May... I won't say what it is but it will be first mass-production GPU with a clock speed higher than 1 GHz" doesn't sound quite right heh...

Likewise, I'm not sure I'd place stock into leaked specs (actually it's kind of funny, if I remember correctly when leaked specs of the 9000 series were posted I could have swore you argued against their validity), especially from a source that seems to contradict itself within a weeks time. Stuff like this should be an indicition of where things are headed but I wouldn't assume leaked specs to be 100% for any upcoming products from any company.

That was actually my exact point, thank you for being the only one capable of getting it. It can all be summed up into one simple sentence: Leaked specs don't mean shit.

The specs here are from the exact same source as the claim that the 4870 was going to be the first mass produced GPU to run at 1GHz(TG Daily), and they are probably just as full of BS.

Maybe you guys should check out what i posted here:
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showpost.php?p=764016&postcount=21

About the crashes in Vista:
The numbers MS released are only related to the amount of crashes Vista had when Vista was released. So that's only Q1 2007 maybe Q2 too.

These are the numbers:
Rank Graphics Supplier Q1'07 Market Share - Q4'06 Market Share
1 Intel 38.7% - 37.4%
2 Nvidia 28.5% - 28.5%
3 AMD 21.9% - 23.0%
4 VIA Technologies 6.4% - 6.7%
5 Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) 4.3% - 4.5%
6 Others <1% <1%

So claiming there where 2x more nVidia cards in that period and that's why there are 2x more crashes is ridiculous. Even ATI is not too far off nVidia. ATI's market share used to be bigger in the previous quarters. Some of those people upgraded too to Vista. So as i said, the statement that there are much more nVidia cards can't stand. I have first hand experience with the initial Vista drivers for 8800GTX. U really didn't have to go into a game to experience crashes. It could even crash or blue screen because of Aero or standby. So you shouldn't divide up IGP and discrete GPU's.

Processor C2Q6600 @ 1.6 GHz
Motherboard Anus PQ5
Cooling ACFPro
Memory GEiL2 x 1 GB PC2 6400
Video Card(s) MSi 4830 (RIP)
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320 GB Perpendicular Recording
Display(s) Dell 17'
Case El Cheepo
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software MCE2K5
STArT A NExT TOPiC FoR THiS DRiVER THiNG. JEeZ

System Name 2nd AMD puppy
Processor FX-8350 vishera
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX2
Memory 16 Gb DDR3:8GB Kingston HyperX Beast + 8Gb G.Skill Sniper(by courtesy of tabascosauz &TPU)
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+;1450/2000 Mhz
Storage SSD :840 pro 128 Gb;Iridium pro 240Gb ; HDD 2xWD-1Tb
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z 144 Hz freesync
Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE with Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Riotoro Enigma G2 850W
Mouse Razer copperhead / Gamdias zeus (by courtesy of sneekypeet & TPU)
Keyboard MS Sidewinder x4
Software win10 64bit ltsc
Benchmark Scores irrelevant for me
this thread has nothing in common with the original post;i'll remember the hd2900 early bench posted by a unknown site which has vanished after the fiasco

why don't we all wait till a reliable spec or a bench show up

it's a waist of time reading all the posts...fans from both sides arguing for nothing

System Name Livingston
Processor i7-4960HQ
Motherboard macbook prp retina
Cooling Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta (240mm x 120mm x 80mm)
Memory 16Gb
Video Card(s) Zotac Arctic Storm Nvidia 980ti
Display(s) 1x Acer XB270HU, 1x Catleap, 1x Oculus
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/770087
They do look juicy. I am not on a timeline for a video upgrade, but I like the spec's I guess.

flashstar

System Name Einstein IV
Processor 1090t @ 3.8 Ghz
Motherboard Fatal1ty 990FX Professional
Cooling Swiftech H20 Cooling Kit w/ Apogee XT Rev. 2
Memory 32 GB DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI 260 XT 216 edition
Storage 2x 120gb Sandisk Extreme SSDs, 1x 120 gb Corsair Force 2
Display(s) Samsung BW206
Case Lian-li Lan-cool
Audio Device(s) M-Audio Profire 610
Power Supply Corsair TX-750
Look, ATI isn't just going to release another inferior card. They know how fast the competition is and so I'm sure that the R770 will clean up the G92. The question though is whether or not the R770 will beat the G100. That's what really matters because ATI isn't going to come out with a completely new card for another year. They will have a revision in 6 months, but that's it. For ATI's sake I'm hoping that the R770 is 80-90% faster than the R670. That will give them a good 50% lead on the G92 and will hopefully pose a serious threat to the G100.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Look, ATI isn't just going to release another inferior card. They know how fast the competition is and so I'm sure that the R770 will clean up the G92.

And you think NVidia will let the RV770 compete with G92? Unlikely. The next-generation NVidia GPU cometh.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Look, ATI isn't just going to release another inferior card. They know how fast the competition is and so I'm sure that the R770 will clean up the G92. The question though is whether or not the R770 will beat the G100. That's what really matters because ATI isn't going to come out with a completely new card for another year. They will have a revision in 6 months, but that's it. For ATI's sake I'm hoping that the R770 is 80-90% faster than the R670. That will give them a good 50% lead on the G92 and will hopefully pose a serious threat to the G100.

+1 R770 will have to compete with G100, and I'm hoping it does a damn good job of it.

Just was at a tradeshow of my dealer where Sapphire was present. The representative of Sapphire told me that RV770 based products will be showcased at Computex and released shortly after.

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
Look, ATI isn't just going to release another inferior card. They know how fast the competition is and so I'm sure that the R770 will clean up the G92.
The logic is falacious. That's like saying AMD know how fast the Intels are and so will not release a CPU that isnt faster than the Intels. Clearly rubbish. AMD wll release whatever they CAN... but if they dont have the architecture or technology there is NOTHING they can do about it.

I think the 4xxx series will be great. Certainly a lot better than the 3xxx series, esp. with DOUBLE the texture units. That is a bottleneck solved. So heres to the benchmarks :) :toast:

HD.3870.3Dmark06=12,590 vs. HD.4870.3Dmark06benchmark.leak.html=21,223 :D

System Name Livingston
Processor i7-4960HQ
Motherboard macbook prp retina
Cooling Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta (240mm x 120mm x 80mm)
Memory 16Gb
Video Card(s) Zotac Arctic Storm Nvidia 980ti
Display(s) 1x Acer XB270HU, 1x Catleap, 1x Oculus
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/770087
Look, ATI isn't just going to release another inferior card.

They have been doing it since right after the 9800...I love ati but come on, lets be realistic. You cant just say there not going to, theres at least a feasible chance they will.

System Name Monolith
Processor Intel Xeon E3110 Wolfdale@3.5GHz
Motherboard MSI P35-Neo
Cooling Active Air
Memory 4GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 3850 512MB PCI-E
Storage 1 x 80GB Internal, 1 x 250GB Internal, 1 x 40GB External
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Generic black case with locking front bezel
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply 500 Watt Seasonic M12
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Please remember to remain on topic.

Thanks

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.

Nvidia has a 71% share in discrete graphics. That is a fact, although not one that has been linked to in this thread. NV would have more errors by sheer numbers alone. I got a bit annoyed earlier, but its not a fact that can really be argued - yeah intel have more than Nvidia, but Nvidia have more than AMD - i dont see people choosing intel video because it crashes less.

System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370XP SLI, BIOS 15a
Cooling Corsair H100i, Panaflo's on case
Memory XPG GAMMIX D30 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 ti
Storage 1TB 960 Pro, 2TB Samsung 850 Pro, 4TB WD Hard Drive
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27"
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) logitech 5.1 system (midrange quality)
Power Supply CORSAIR HXi HX1000i 1000watt
Mouse G400s Logitech
Keyboard K65 RGB Corsair Tenkeyless Cherry Red MX
Software Win10 Pro, Win7 x64 Professional
Intel graphics is not a choice. Thats like saying McDonald's bags are the most popular fast food bags. Its not because somebody says lets go get some McDonalds.... they have the best bags.

Intel graphics is just handed out, pretty much free, as part of the transaction when buying an Intel based PC.