• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Star Craft 2 Details Emerge

System Name Thakk
Processor i7 6700k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Z170N ITX
Cooling H55 AIO
Memory 32GB DDR4 3100 c16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080 Trinity
Storage Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD / Intel 250GB SSD / Samsung Pro 512 SSD / 3TB Seagate SV32
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 100hz IPS Gsync / HTC Vive
Case QBX
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 > Creative Gigaworks T40 > AKG Q701
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Ducky Shine TKL MX Blue + Vortex PBT Doubleshots
Software Windows 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12108888
geez.. no LAN?? wth. They may have seen the piracy rate on PC rental shops in Korea and decided therel' be no fun for them this time round. (heck in fact, there was no fun for them at the start. Its targeted to chug on their Geforce 4 MX440 oem cards)

I believe they wont charge for bnet though, since its been free ever since 1996 and is still surviving.

Last edited:
Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Of course there will be LAN play... the outrage will force them to include it :)

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
I don't see the issue with no LAN, this stops piracy. If there wasn't piracy there wouldn't be companys looking for ways to keep their games profitable for the amount of work they have into it, cause and effect, pretty simple. Battle.net will be free, always has been, probably always will be, so I'm not seeing the issue here.

Either way, looks interesting, I never got into the 1st, maybe will try this one out.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I don't see the issue with no LAN, this stops piracy. If there wasn't piracy there wouldn't be companys looking for ways to keep their games profitable for the amount of work they have into it, cause and effect, pretty simple. Battle.net will be free, always has been, probably always will be, so I'm not seeing the issue here.

Either way, looks interesting, I never got into the 1st, maybe will try this one out.

i take it you've never had to live without cable internet, or lived with another gamer?

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
i take it you've never had to live without cable internet, or lived with another gamer?

My family got it's 1st comp in 2002, a 1ghz celeron with 128mb ram, 20gb hdd, and 4mb built in video. We had aolhell over 56k, but we were so far in the country it was more like a 14k connection. I didn't get my own decent gaming comp till 04, but I still had no decent net and would haul my tower and monitor over to numerous friends houses to play games, my comp ended up being at one friends house for almost a year. I finally got cable in the middle of 06, then had to go back to my parents and convince them to get dsl, and now back to cable.

So yeah, I didn't really have high speed net until less than 3 years ago. Dealt with it for a longtime, it's an annoyance, but high speed internet is a much larger market now, heck my parents live in the middle of no where and got DSL. It sucks that there will be no LAN, but it's obvious why, and with the availibility of high speed net today I don't see it being as big of an issue it was in the past.

Even if it is, it shouldn't be for anyone on this site, I see a ton of people "OMG NNNOOOO" I would assume at least 95% of people here have high speed, these are the people I wouldn't expect to be hearing this from.

Also my GF is a gamer, and my comp was over at my friends house for a year, there was 7 other comps there in use, I could walk in at any time of the day (even 3 - 5am) and there would at least be 2 or more people up gaming, so yep been in a place like that too.

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
I hate this game already - and I was a HUGE Starcraft and Brood War fan.

It's like Blizzard simply do not give a hoot in hell about customers anymore.

Whilst some aspects of them staying true to the original are good, they havent done enough to evolve the title.

To start with you STILL seem to play the entire game with your face duct-taped to the screen with NO ability to zoom out and manage the bigger picture what so ever - But maybe that is because there IS NO BIGGER PICTURE ANYMORE....

It seems the the entire spirit of the GAME has been lost for good, the whole objective now is to beat your opponent as fast as possible , quit the server and run away and hide under your bed.

The shorter a game lasts the better you are?? W - T - F ?!?!?!?!?!?

I remember when myself and friends used to play HUGE maps for HOURS AND HOURS on .... wait for it ... SERIAL RS232 CABLES, never mind LAN.

Half the POINT of the game was that you could finally get your friends & their pc's over and have some great fun, hell, games like these INVENTED THE VERY CONCEPT OF A LAN PARTY.

Long, strategic, huge battles with hundreds of units that could wage on for hours.

Battle report 1 - "Here we have the player on a HUGE map.." - I SWEAR at one point right in the beginning of the game the terran dude sneezed in his base and the protos dudes HEARD him - that map was smaller than my KITCHEN?!?!

Heck, they should have just called Warcraft 3 "Minor Skirmish Craft", what with all this stupid Hero Nursing & PENALTIES for having an army?? (Upkeep?!?!?!?!!?)

Now Starcraft as well??? So much Potential thrown away for no good reason at all.

EDIT : I do however have to admit that MAYBE the fault is in fact mine for ever holding hopes & expectations for Starcraft2 to begin with.. "The Old NEW Blizzard just AIN'T what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, a'int what she used to be..."

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
with the availibility of high speed net today I don't see it being as big of an issue it was in the past.
In YOUR country. Not in mine. the average internet here (and the overwhelming majority) is a 256Kb or 512Kb connection (with 64/128k upload). "high speed" here is 1.5Mb down, 256k up in most areas.

Even if it is, it shouldn't be for anyone on this site, I see a ton of people "OMG NNNOOOO" I would assume at least 95% of people here have high speed, these are the people I wouldn't expect to be hearing this from.
We're talking about the sequel to a game which pretty much started LAN play RTS. the freaking games a sport in korea, they even have TV channels relating to it.

if you've ever shared an internet connection with more than one PC on it, you'd be aware that its very very easy for one PC to max out the line and make the net unusable for anyone else, for gaming purposes. try it when you have several housemates, friends who want in on it, and a monthly download limit.

Also my GF is a gamer, and my comp was over at my friends house for a year, there was 7 other comps there in use, I could walk in at any time of the day (even 3 - 5am) and there would at least be 2 or more people up gaming, so yep been in a place like that too.
i bet they had one he

I had a response here. then my PC bluescreened. (testing new ram) in the time it took for my PC to reboot and firefox to load my page again, i had forgotten it. i think it was something to do with the likelihood of them having awesome internet.

I have a very simple thing to say on how this will reduce piracy:
It god damned wont

People who would have pirated this game, never intended to buy it. Sales recovered: 0

People who would have bought it, but now wont with the lack of LAN play: every lanner in the world without hardcore internet. most of korea.
Sales lost: half the starcraft userbase, if not more.

I played Starcraft on 56k before, and it wasn't laggy.
And there will be servers across the world.

This will reduce piracy in EU, and US, you want multi-players? Get a real key, because $40 or $50 isn't alot for US or EU citizen.

Beside, why people still playing Stacraft even though it's already released 10 years ago? Because it's an addicted multiplayers game, and SC2 will be the same.

I have no reason to be angry over this, LAN or not, doesn't matter.
Real SC pros aren't my neighboors but people all over the world.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
In YOUR country. Not in mine. the average internet here (and the overwhelming majority) is a 256Kb or 512Kb connection (with 64/128k upload). "high speed" here is 1.5Mb down, 256k up in most areas.

Yeah, our net speed here blows, but still it's plenty enough to play games with a good connection, I have basic cable and it's plenty enough.

We're talking about the sequel to a game which pretty much started LAN play RTS. the freaking games a sport in korea, they even have TV channels relating to it.

if you've ever shared an internet connection with more than one PC on it, you'd be aware that its very very easy for one PC to max out the line and make the net unusable for anyone else, for gaming purposes. try it when you have several housemates, friends who want in on it, and a monthly download limit.

Yep the game is massive in Korea, but here's the thing, you're trying to "have your cake and eat it too". If you expect to DL and play games with multiple people on a single line, you are going to have issues. And can't really complain about that, I never DL when I game, no matter how little bandwidth it does you, it still holds some and drops latency. Like I said 7 comps, and we could all be on at once and have no issues, if someone fired up torrents they were found in minutes of turning them on and most likely murdered though.

I have a very simple thing to say on how this will reduce piracy:
It god damned wont

People who would have pirated this game, never intended to buy it. Sales recovered: 0

People who would have bought it, but now wont with the lack of LAN play: every lanner in the world without hardcore internet. most of korea.
Sales lost: half the starcraft userbase, if not more.

That seems like a large over reaction, half sales gone? And "hardcore" internet being a requirement to game. I am sure they could careless about pirates, if they were goign to DL and not buy them game, then I doubt they care weather these people are playing or not, because either they are going to be playing for free on Blizzards dime (of making the game) or not playing at all, and if I was blizzard the later of the 2 would make me the happiest.

This game is goign to sell huge, despite people not seeing LAN on there, it has a huge following, and not only does just SC have a huge following, so does Diablo and WoW. And WoW was not out until years after SC, all those people who started playing WoW could be lookign to play this too since they are happy with their current Blizzard product. I just don't see this as a huge deal, this thread almost makes it sound like the end of the world. :laugh:

I have no reason to be angry over this, LAN or not, doesn't matter.
Real SC pros aren't my neighboors but people all over the world.

Exactly

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Ive never played SC online anyway. SC is a game that I could never play without cheats. I still cant play it without cheats. So I dont really mind this. Thats just me though.

System Name Felix777
Processor Core i5-3570k@stock
Motherboard Biostar H61
Memory 8gb
Video Card(s) XFX RX 470
Storage WD 500GB BLK
Display(s) Acer p236h bd
Case Haf 912
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Rosewill CAPSTONE 450watt
Software Win 10 x64
haha crash. yea when i first started playing sc i had to cheat. the main thing that i go by is if i'm not clicking or doing something in an RTS then i'm not playing the best i can as there's almost always something to do. Main thing i noticed in SC against the comps is just getting past their first wave of 12 hydras/zeolots/marines. Then your usually set.

As for the lan thing, there will be a way around that. I'm no expert at cracking or modifying games for that type of stuff but i'm sure there is a way around it. No LAN is extremely gay though. When i go to ohio my brother and i like to lan SC as my aunt we stay with during visits doesn't have a router, guess we'll be sticking to SC instead of SC2.

Now explain to me how this is supposed to keep people from pirating it, i personally love the gameplay but i also like the campaign as i find it to be the only RTS i've played that has a good storyline going. I'm plenty sure that the people that planned to pirate this still will simply to play the campaign, and those that were going to buy it for lan play as well, may now just pirate it instead since only the campaign will be available for them. Personally i agree with Mussels that removing LAN gaming from SC2 won't keep players from pirating the game.....in fact its one of the worst attempts i've heard of to stop piracy. "No lan, there that'll keep the players that want to play the game from pirating it...even though this only keeps pirated versions from being playable online with a perfectly fine campaign for them to enjoy for free."

literally pointless

No LAN ??

Are we supposed to play tournaments next to the servers ?? :banghead:

BLizzars has got one step closer to apple :shadedshu

JC316

Knows what makes you tick
System Name Budget Gaming
Processor AMD FX6300
Motherboard Gigabyte 880GMA-USB3
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Memory 8GB Ripjaws DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
Audio Device(s) Stock onboard
Power Supply FSP Aurum Gold 650W
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Man, they are really fucking the gamer over on this one. First, you will have to buy 3 separate games to get the full game and now no LAN? I am just waiting for them to announce that it will require steam to play.

Polarman

System Name Polar's Dragon
Processor AMD Phenom II 975BE
Motherboard MSI 890FXA-GD65 (Bios 18.7)
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9700 Led
Memory Gskill 8GB DDR3-1333 (8,8,8,21)
Video Card(s) MSI HD6870 Hawk
Storage WD Raptor 250 - WD RE4 500GB
Display(s) Samsung T240 (1920 X1200)
Case Silverstone Raven 2
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply PC Power&Cooling Silencer 750 (Red)
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit + SP1
I'll put my money on SupCom2. Blizzard is getting lazy and greedy.

Looks like Supreme Commander 2 will end up being better than Star Craft 2.

System Name :)
Processor Intel 13700k
Motherboard Gigabyte z790 UD AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 64GB GSKILL DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage 960GB Optane 905P U.2 SSD + 4TB PCIe4 U.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz QD-OLED + Nixeus 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) MOTU M4 - JBL 305P MKII w/2x JL Audio 10 Sealed --- X-Fi Titanium HD - Presonus Eris E5 - JBL 4412
Power Supply Silverstone 1000W
Mouse Roccat Kain 122 AIMO
Keyboard KBD67 Lite / Mammoth75
VR HMD Reverb G2 V2
Software Win 11 Pro
System Name Felix777
Processor Core i5-3570k@stock
Motherboard Biostar H61
Memory 8gb
Video Card(s) XFX RX 470
Storage WD 500GB BLK
Display(s) Acer p236h bd
Case Haf 912
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Rosewill CAPSTONE 450watt
Software Win 10 x64
Man, they are really fucking the gamer over on this one. First, you will have to buy 3 separate games to get the full game and now no LAN? I am just waiting for them to announce that it will require steam to play.

:roll: that one made me laugh, and nah i don't think gameplay wise SupCom2 will be better. Though it's matter of opinion, everyone is anticipating SC2 and have been, i mean i didn't even know SupCom2 was coming out yet i've been waiting for SC2 since my 7th grade year(sr this upcomin school year). I do agree that having to buy the game 3 different times to get the campaigns is horseshit, but i hope that it's because the campaign is going to be very long for each race compared to the 10 or so missions per race in the origional.

System Name Desktop Rig\Laptop HP 8510P
Processor Intel Core i7 970 @ 4.2ghz 24/7 \Intel T9300 @ 2.5Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P6X58D Premium Motherboard\HP 8510P
Cooling Custom Water\Laptop cooling
Memory 6x2GB DDR3 PC3-16000\3Gb of 667
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 680 SLI \HD2600 256Mb
Storage Intel 240GB, WD 1TB Black \OCZ Vertex 2 120GB
Display(s) 3 x 27" 2560x1400 \15.4" laptop widescreen
Case Xigmatek Elysium\it's a laptop
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Bravura 7.1\SoundMAX onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX850W\90W power brick
Software Windows 7 Pro x64\Windows 7 Pro x64
Well i run LAN party's and i will tell you now no one that attends my LAN will ever touch a game that has no LAN mode end of story.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
random hate

The game isn't released, and well.. Chill out until you've actually played it.

I for one don't really care for multiplay at all, so I'm happy as long as the campaigns are good. And as it's like 30 missions in each campaign, I don't mind bying the "same game" 3 times. If the campaigns are varied enough it'll be like playing 90 missions of Starcraft = AWESOMENESS OVERLOAD! :D

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
Before you guys get serious about starcraft I think you should all give this a little though. Wouldn't YOU like to be trained by a genuine Korean???

Get Trained in Starcraft TODAY

System Name Thakk
Processor i7 6700k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Z170N ITX
Cooling H55 AIO
Memory 32GB DDR4 3100 c16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080 Trinity
Storage Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD / Intel 250GB SSD / Samsung Pro 512 SSD / 3TB Seagate SV32
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 100hz IPS Gsync / HTC Vive
Case QBX
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 > Creative Gigaworks T40 > AKG Q701
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Ducky Shine TKL MX Blue + Vortex PBT Doubleshots
Software Windows 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12108888
I played Starcraft on 56k before, and it wasn't laggy.
And there will be servers across the world...

umm.. it has lesser numbers to send. Unit specs and other data is miniscule compared to this (heck even minuscule compared to wc3) Its on 2d.. basically just x and y coordinates.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
games like this use more and more bandwidth than ever before. you've got unit pathfinding (no change there) but now you also have units that can face any direction in a 360 degree world, including vertical height. Then you have physics (explosion, fire, smoke) which all have to be synchronised.

There is more and more data than ever before in RTS games, when it comes to network traffic.

System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
The screenshot with the big robot is an April fool joke.

I'm suprised noone else pointed this out... :roll:

Relying on a "server" of any sort for local multiplayer is bad.

Because Blizzard can't maintain authentication servers worth a damn.