• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Appeals Against EU Antitrust Verdict

Meecrob

Oh shut up Ash. Claiming we are anti-AMD for disagreeing with the law and or verdict is childish, and makes you look like an ass. It has nothing to do with being for or against a company.

all i see you saying is that intel shouldn't be fined or even yelled at even if they broke the law because you dont agree with the law, and that because you dont agree with the law it should be changed.

yet when I turn that around and ask if our countries laws should be changed to fit non-Americans opinions/ethics you get mad and avoid the issue.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
Look at post 196, I believe it addressed what you asked already.

Meecrob

Again, changing the subject I see.

At any rate, I believe that offering discounts should not be illegal, regardless of where you are. It's not my choice, obviously, thus Intel likely won't win the case, but it's my opinion that these types of controls on business are bad in the long run.

And quit insinuating that those of us that don't agree with this decision are against AMD. I makes you look like an ass. AMD is the only one at fault for AMD's position. It has nothing to do with any feelings on the company.

hows this address the fact that what your saying is people outside a country/region should be able to decide if the laws in that region are valid/fair?

Hail the all mighty Intel the doers of no wrong!!!!

Wile E

Power User
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
hows this address the fact that what your saying is people outside a country/region should be able to decide if the laws in that region are valid/fair?

Hail the all mighty Intel the doers of no wrong!!!!
Stop. You are just making yourself look even worse. It's getting embarrassing now.

Again, what does my opinion of this verdict actually have anything to do with the name of the company. You could substitute any company names you see fit, in any industry you see fit, and my opinion would be no different.

And I feel that uniform laws should be agreed upon by all nations/regions, not different in every region. As such I, of course, am inclined to agree more with the US's way of doing things. Even more so considering that the US is the largest driver of the world economy, for better or for worse. That clear it up for you?

Meecrob

Stop. You are just making yourself look even worse. It's getting embarrassing now.

Again, what does my opinion of this verdict actually have anything to do with the name of the company. You could substitute any company names you see fit, in any industry you see fit, and my opinion would be no different.

And I feel that uniform laws should be agreed upon by all nations/regions, not different in every region. As such I, of course, am inclined to agree more with the US's way of doing things. Even more so considering that the US is the largest driver of the world economy, for better or for worse. That clear it up for you?

yeah, you like the US status quoe.

we wont ever agree on that, I feel this countries laws are as screwed up as the rest of the worlds on avg, mostly due to the fact that so many laws get approved due to lobbyists and bad/false info(see lies).

I could give examples,but there is no point, you wont agree with me that for example tossing some kid who has a scrape bag with weed crumbs in it in jail for 6 months and giving him a life long felony drug conviction on his records is BS, specly when a drunk drive who hits a copcar can get tossed in the can and be out the next day with a fine and maby probation, if hes done it a few times, AA and maby treatment.....(yes, this happens here all the time)

What this country/world needs is a format and reinstall in the govt/laws dept, remove the stupid useless dead weight laws that make no sense and fix the systems that allowed the laws to be made.

oh, and do you agree with laws like the DMCA? just wondering, because most of the world and even US citizens who know what it is dont agree with it.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Now this discussion is going south of the topic. I suggest you end it, as I won't close the thread.

Wile E

Power User
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
yeah, you like the US status quoe.

we wont ever agree on that, I feel this countries laws are as screwed up as the rest of the worlds on avg, mostly due to the fact that so many laws get approved due to lobbyists and bad/false info(see lies).

I could give examples,but there is no point, you wont agree with me that for example tossing some kid who has a scrape bag with weed crumbs in it in jail for 6 months and giving him a life long felony drug conviction on his records is BS, specly when a drunk drive who hits a copcar can get tossed in the can and be out the next day with a fine and maby probation, if hes done it a few times, AA and maby treatment.....(yes, this happens here all the time)

What this country/world needs is a format and reinstall in the govt/laws dept, remove the stupid useless dead weight laws that make no sense and fix the systems that allowed the laws to be made.

oh, and do you agree with laws like the DMCA? just wondering, because most of the world and even US citizens who know what it is dont agree with it.
No, I don't agree with the DMCA. I said I'm inclined to agree more, not blindly agree with the US.

Either way, I'm done here. We've both said our peace, and still don't agree. Pointless to take it further.

System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370XP SLI, BIOS 15a
Cooling Corsair H100i, Panaflo's on case
Memory XPG GAMMIX D30 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 ti
Storage 1TB 960 Pro, 2TB Samsung 850 Pro, 4TB WD Hard Drive
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27"
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) logitech 5.1 system (midrange quality)
Power Supply CORSAIR HXi HX1000i 1000watt
Mouse G400s Logitech
Keyboard K65 RGB Corsair Tenkeyless Cherry Red MX
Software Win10 Pro, Win7 x64 Professional
Automotive makers should be fined too. I mean I've gotten several "loyalty" rebates over the years. Why doesn't the EU go after BMW? I got 5,000 dollar rebate for buying a second BMW and not another brand. I only got that rebate because I bought another BMW. If I would have bought a Benz and skipped a purchase from BMW that rebate would have been lost the next time I bought a one (BMW). So yeah rebates do work based off of a competitors sale.

Also what about El Fiendo point about restaurants selling only Coke and not Pepsi. Or vise versa. SO many other industries do what Intel did its pathetic. I'm not going to argue whether Intel broke the law or not. All I'm saying is whats good for the goose is good for the gander. This is why I feel its a payday and not "justice".

I totally agree. Anybody who thinks that Intel was being immoral with rebates seriously needs to learn more about how business operates across the world. There is nothing immoral with it. I think people just want a reason to be mad at Intel. I use and build with both at work and home. People treat Intel as if there are evil people running it. They are just a bunch of boring business men making legal contracts with other businesses.

sideeffect

People need to chill out this is only the first of many appeals.

Just to clear some things up though.

Intel do need to obey European Law when they sell products in Europe.
People in Europe do know how businesses work.
The economy of Europe is very close to that of the USA but with far less foreign debt.
Intel can't afford to not sell in Europe.

System Name The little engine that could
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 3600
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx 400 Blue Basic
Memory G.Skil Aegis DDR4 16GB 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX 6600 XT Eagle 8G
Storage Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB NVMe + Toshiba MQ01ABD 1TB HDD
Display(s) Dell U2520d 1440p
Case CM 690 II Advanced
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200
Power Supply Corsair CX400 with Arctic P12 fan
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed
Keyboard Dell basic
Software Win10 x64 LTSC
They were competitive prices becuase Intel and AMD are both still around. If Intel undercut AMD, Intel's bottome line would take a hit because they wouldn't be making money on processors sold and AMD would be out of business because they would run out of revenue. Cost over value prevents what you are suggesting from ever happening (at least for long).

I didn't say that Intel undercut AMD. Intel didn't allow a fair competition based on products/prices but rather tried to cap AMD's market share using their weight with the OEMs/retailers.

Toyota is dominating now. Ford/GM were dominating a few years ago (before the economic collapse).

By saying Toyota is dominating you probably mean they are the biggest car manufacturer, which isn't the same.

As I said, that claim is false. Only Dell didn't offer AMD and they said it was because consumers didn't demand AMD products.

The thing is, we don't know if there would've been a higher demand for AMD chips, because Intel effectively capped their market share. You cannot argue via demand, when the supply is effectively capped.

Case CM 690 II Advanced
Keyboard Dell basic
Software Win10 x64 LTSC
No they aren't. I have seen countless rebate offers for things like anti virus or burning suites that offer you a discount for turning in a competitor's product. It doesn't matter why or how they offer the rebate. It's just a rebate no matter how you look at it.

Their market position has nothing to do with it at all, nor should it ever. By your logic, it would be ok for AMD to offer rebates to OEMs for not using Intel products, but not for Intel to do the same. That my friend, is called a double standard.

And as far as marketing, if AMD actually had a decent marketing department, their cpus would've been in demand, and they would've been in such a position that Intel's rebates would've been turned down by the OEMs. The fault lays on AMD for their lack of market share, period.

It would've been perfectly fine, if Intel had offered the consumers to turn in an AMD chip and get theirs cheaper. But Intel decided that it's not the consumers' decision to choose what CPU thy want in their PC.

Their market position is essential in this case, because they could use their weight with the OEMs to cap AMD's market share. You could look at these rebates from another perspective: Either you sell only our chips and get them for decent prices or you decide to sell AMD's chips as well (i.e. let them get a bigger share of your whole sales than we want) and get our rip-off prices. And since you depend on us for the most of your sales it would be very stupid to do that...

As I said in onther post: demand for your chips doesn't matter if the bigger player effectively caps your suplly via OEMs/retailers.

Intel has always been bigger and that's OK. But they shouldn't have abused their power with the OEMs/retailers to exclude AMD from the market, they should have left the decision to the consumers.

Ask Spider-man he'll tell you about power and responsibility :)

Wile E

Power User
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
It would've been perfectly fine, if Intel had offered the consumers to turn in an AMD chip and get theirs cheaper. But Intel decided that it's not the consumers' decision to choose what CPU thy want in their PC.

Their market position is essential in this case, because they could use their weight with the OEMs to cap AMD's market share. You could look at these rebates from another perspective: Either you sell only our chips and get them for decent prices or you decide to sell AMD's chips as well (i.e. let them get a bigger share of your whole sales than we want) and get our rip-off prices. And since you depend on us for the most of your sales it would be very stupid to do that...

As I said in onther post: demand for your chips doesn't matter if the bigger player effectively caps your suplly via OEMs/retailers.

Intel has always been bigger and that's OK. But they shouldn't have abused their power with the OEMs/retailers to exclude AMD from the market, they should have left the decision to the consumers.

Ask Spider-man he'll tell you about power and responsibility :)
Yet numerous OEMs decide to decline the offer, and still offered AMD machines. Meaning that their "rip off" prices apparently weren't as terrible as people make them out to be.

And as far as I'm concerned, the decision to sell only Intel cpus lies more on the hands of the OEMs, not Intel. And I also believe it should be perfectly within the rights of a company to not offer a product they don't want to offer.

Bottom line, nobody has said anything that convinces me something wrong has been done here.

And, considering this is all just continually going in circles, with everyone restating the same points over and over, this will be my last post on the topic until someone provides new facts.

Case CM 690 II Advanced
Keyboard Dell basic
Software Win10 x64 LTSC
Yet numerous OEMs decide to decline the offer, and still offered AMD machines. Meaning that their "rip off" prices apparently weren't as terrible as people make them out to be.

And as far as I'm concerned, the decision to sell only Intel cpus lies more on the hands of the OEMs, not Intel. And I also believe it should be perfectly within the rights of a company to not offer a product they don't want to offer.

Bottom line, nobody has said anything that convinces me something wrong has been done here.

And, considering this is all just continually going in circles, with everyone restating the same points over and over, this will be my last post on the topic until someone provides new facts.

Nobody said there were no AMD machines sold:

"* Intel gave rebates to computer manufacturer C from October 2002 to November 2005 conditional on this manufacturer purchasing no less than 80% of its CPU needs for its desktop and notebook computers from Intel"

So you see AMD machines could be sold but only if the sales didn't contribute more than 20% (or even less in other cases) of the OEM's sales.

The final decision was obviously that of the OEM's, but considering the consequences of the "wrong" decision, it is a pretty straightforward thing in terms of business prospects to accept Intel's rebates. But that doesn't make it a fair practice, and that's why there are laws to prevent that kind of behavior.

Lots of people argue that as long as Intel didn't put the gun the their heads or threatened to stop supplying their chips altogether, it was OK to offer those rebates, cause that's just a rebate and nobody was (literally) forcing the OEM's to go along with it.

But not everything is always black&white in your face obvious. There are a lot of ways to do things more subtle. Just look at the tax evading practices.

And those rebates is just a subtle way to put a gun to your head and make you do it the Intel's way.

Wile E

Power User
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Nobody said there were no AMD machines sold:

"* Intel gave rebates to computer manufacturer C from October 2002 to November 2005 conditional on this manufacturer purchasing no less than 80% of its CPU needs for its desktop and notebook computers from Intel"

So you see AMD machines could be sold but only if the sales didn't contribute more than 20% (or even less in other cases) of the OEM's sales.

The final decision was obviously that of the OEM's, but considering the consequences of the "wrong" decision, it is a pretty straightforward thing in terms of business prospects to accept Intel's rebates. But that doesn't make it a fair practice, and that's why there are laws to prevent that kind of behavior.

Lots of people argue that as long as Intel didn't put the gun the their heads or threatened to stop supplying their chips altogether, it was OK to offer those rebates, cause that's just a rebate and nobody was (literally) forcing the OEM's to go along with it.

But not everything is always black&white in your face obvious. There are a lot of ways to do things more subtle. Just look at the tax evading practices.

And those rebates is just a subtle way to put a gun to your head and make you do it the Intel's way.
No new facts. Still don't agree.

Case CM 690 II Advanced
Keyboard Dell basic
Software Win10 x64 LTSC

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
all i see you saying is that intel shouldn't be fined or even yelled at even if they broke the law because you dont agree with the law, and that because you dont agree with the law it should be changed.

yet when I turn that around and ask if our countries laws should be changed to fit non-Americans opinions/ethics you get mad and avoid the issue.

Honestly I'm still not convinced this law applied to Intel at the time of their "wrong doing". Hell I don't even think it applies to them now. Also why isn't the EU going after any of the OEM's? When you get busted for soliciting prostitution you AND the hooker go to jail. There is just something very fishy about all this. In the US you can fight something all the way to the Supreme court. In the E.U. it seems like you have the fox watching the chickens. Now I could be wrong so don't jump down my neck but who decides if the E.U. decision is correct?

System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4
Cooling Some CM tower cooler that will fit my case
Memory 4 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage ADATA SU800 512GB
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply Seasonic SS-620GM
Software win10
Intel is not a US only company. Yes, the main offices are in the US but most of the R&D and production facilities are outside of the US. On top of that, it doesn't matter where your company is based at, as long as you sell your product on a foregin market, you are obliged to follow their laws. The EU law system clearly states that what intel did was illegal. End of point. They have broken the EU law, hence they are penalized by the EU. As a previous example, if you break the speed limit in the US, you get a ticket and are pennalized by the US goverment. I don't se why this argument has to continue...

Honestly I'm still not convinced this law applied to Intel at the time of their "wrong doing". Hell I don't even think it applies to them now. Also why isn't the EU going after any of the OEM's? When you get busted for soliciting prostitution you AND the hooker go to jail. There is just something very fishy about all this. In the US you can fight something all the way to the Supreme court. In the E.U. it seems like you have the fox watching the chickens. Now I could be wrong so don't jump down my neck but who decides if the E.U. decision is correct?

This is the final decision. There is no higher institution than the EU court, but for a case to reach the EU court, it first has to pass through nummerous smaller institutions where it is evaluated, approved/dissaproved and investigated...The EU court is huge, slow and very expensive, so believe me when I say that the institutions do everything in their power to eliminate a problem before it reaches the EU court to reduce costs, solve the issue sooner, etc.

Last edited:

jamesrt2004

Intel is not a US only company. Yes, the main offices are in the US but most of the R&D and production facilities are outside of the US. On top of that, it doesn't matter where your company is based at, as long as you sell your product on a foregin market, you are obliged to follow their laws. The EU law system clearly states that what intel did was illegal. End of point. They have broken the EU law, hence they are penalized by the EU. As a previous example, if you break the speed limit in the US, you get a ticket and are pennalized by the US goverment. I don't se why this argument has to continue...

This is the final decision. There is no higher institution than the EU court, but for a case to reach the EU court, it first has to pass through nummerous smaller institutions where it is evaluated, approved/dissaproved and investigated...

+1.....

if i stole something on holiday I am faced with their laws not ours... end of. Its nothign to do with EU being greedy or anything.. its just they broke the law.... so what if it's not in the American laws.. its in the EU, you can't go to eu (if your from america) do something wrong and be like,, well its legal in my country.. your just trying to get money out of me...

its just stupid.

System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Video Card(s) IGP
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Software win10

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
That doesn't sound like a rebate, it sounds like a contract. As a contract, that is completely legit. Intel is going to make a lot of processors available to them so they need forewarning of large orders. By providing some security to Intel, "manufacturer C" gets reduced prices.

"Manufacturer C" should get strung up for agreeing to the contract, not Intel. "Manufacturer C" willingly agreed to Intel's terms. Had they not, this should have been in the courts back in 2002--the contract should have never been agreed to.

Assuming Intel is guilty, how does that warrant a 1+ billion euro fine? Did this "manufacturer C" even net that much revenue in the same time period?

Why is this coming up 3-4 years after the fact?

Why does the money go to reducing EU member fees rather than the parties hurt by anti-competitive behavior that they alledge?

Everything about it smells fishy. Again, Intel will lose the appeal because it is a circus court. There's no doubt in my mind on that.

Last edited:
System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Video Card(s) IGP
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Software win10
That doesn't sound like a rebate, it sounds like a contract. As a contract, that is completely legit

I guess there weren't any legal documents signed to proove it meaning that everything was under the table.

"Manufacturer C" should get strung up for agreeing to the contract, not Intel. "Manufacturer C" willingly agreed to Intel's terms. Had they not, this should have been in the courts back in 2002--the contract should have never been agreed to.

Let us take AMD out of the equasion for a sec. So Manufacturer C was forced to buy at least 80% of its stock by intel, otherwise the prices would have been jacked up and the said supplier would not have been able to compete fairly on the market with its compettitors who have already agreed to intel's terms. Thus leading to them having to sell the products with a smaller proffit margin/at a loss.

How does that warrant a 1+ billion euro fine? Did this "manufacturer C" even net that much revenue in the same time period?

If you add all the manufacturers together and bear in mind the >3 year period, I'm pretty sure it all adds up and is in fact even inferrior. The EU is no small market and for a company such as intel that makes 6-8 bilion yearly, this is negligible

Because as mentioned earlier there are in fact many institutions prior to the EU court that need to investigate the case.

Why does the money go to reducing EU member fees rather than the parties hurt by anti-competitive behavior that they alledge?

It goes to the EU body, where if at a later date any of the hurt parties wants to sign up for a subsidy, can do so and state by what means and how much it was affected.

Last edited:
Case CM 690 II Advanced
Keyboard Dell basic
Software Win10 x64 LTSC
That doesn't sound like a rebate, it sounds like a contract. As a contract, that is completely legit. Intel is going to make a lot of processors available to them so they need forewarning of large orders. By providing some security to Intel, "manufacturer C" gets reduced prices.

How does that warrant a 1+ billion euro fine? Did this "manufacturer C" even net that much revenue in the same time period?

Everything about it smells fishy. Again, Intel will lose the appeal because it is a circus court. There's no doubt in my mind on that.

You can sign a contract on whatever you want, you can sign a contract on fixing prices with your competitors, but that doesn't mean it's going to be legal.

There are practically only two competitors on the CPU market for PCs, Intel and AMD. So by asking the OEM to get at least 80% of his CPU needs from Intel, you're asking to not get more than 20% from AMD. Nobofy even mentioned the need for forewarning in case of large orders.

Are we arguing about the fine amount or Intel's guilt, cause we have to get that first before we can discuss the fine itself.

The case has been in courts for years already, you don't expect a verdict over night, do you?

Why does the confiscated mafia cash go to the government and not the victims of their crimes?

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
You can sign a contract on whatever you want, you can sign a contract on fixing prices with your competitors, but that doesn't mean it's going to be legal.
The fine must be addressed to both parties, not just one. Both parties are equally guilty of the "crime."

Are we arguing about the fine amount or Intel's guilt, cause we have to get that first before we can discuss the fine itself.
If Intel is guilty, it takes two to tango. Only one fine was issued so the partner in crime is missing. Also, if Intel is guilty, the fine needs to be based on the crime, not the situation of the subjects involved (e.g. if a movie star crashes into your ride, they need only pay the amount in damages based on the value of your car, not their net worth).

Whomever is pushing these charges need to show that AMD lost x amount of money because of this contract. That not only helps in determining the fines for Intel and "manufacturer C," it also dictates how much compenstation AMD deserves. AMD was the victim, after all.

So, even assuming Intel's guilt, everything else doesn't fall in place as it should.

Why does the confiscated mafia cash go to the government and not the victims of their crimes?
In many ways, the government was the victim of the mafia. The mafia took over the role of the government and beating back the mafia meant the government was taking back control. It cost the government (city and federal) a lot money to right the wrong.

System Name not very good (wants throwing out window most of time)
Processor xp3000@ 2.17ghz pile of sh** /i7 920 DO on air for now
Motherboard msi kt6 delta oap /gigabyte x58 ud7 (rev1.0)
Cooling 1 green akasa 8cm(rear) 1 multicoloured akasa(hd) 1 12 cm (intake) 1 9cm with circuit from old psu
Memory 1.25 gb kingston hyperx @333mhz/ 3gb corsair dominator xmp 1600mhz
Video Card(s) (agp) hd3850 not bad not really suitable for mobo n processor/ gb hd5870
Storage wd 320gb + samsung 320 gig + wd 1tb 6gb/s
Display(s) compaq mv720
Case thermaltake XaserIII skull / coolermaster cm 690II
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply corsair hx 650 w which solved many problems (blew up) /850w corsair
Software xp pro sp3/ ? win 7 ultimate (32 bit)
Benchmark Scores 6543 3d mark05 ye ye not good but look at the processor /uknown as still not benched
what makes me laugh at all this is ,it's us that will foot the bill by higher prices not intel:shadedshu