• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bitcoin & Password Stealer Trojan For Mac Now Available!

System Name _Speedforce_ (Successor to Strike-X, 4LI3NBR33D-H, Core-iH7 & Nemesis-H)
Processor Intel Core i9 7980XE (Lapped) @ 5.2Ghz With XSPC Raystorm (Lapped)
Motherboard Asus Rampage VI Extreme (XSPC Watercooled) - Custom Heatsinks (Lapped)
Cooling XSPC Custom Water Cooling + Custom Air Cooling (From Delta 220's TFB1212GHE to Spal 30101504&5)
Memory 8x 8Gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz @ 4667Mhz (2x F4-4266C17Q-32GTZR)
Video Card(s) 3x Asus GTX1080 Ti (Lapped) With Customised EK Waterblock (Lapped) + Custom heatsinks (Lapped)
Storage 1x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB - 2280 (Hyper M.2 x16 Card), 7x Samsung 860 Pro 4Tb
Display(s) 6x Asus ROG Swift PG348Q
Case Aerocool Strike X (Modified)
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 & Aurvana XFi Headphones
Power Supply 2x Corsair AX1500i With Custom Sheilding, Custom Switching Unit. Braided Cables.
Mouse Razer Copperhead + R.A.T 9
Keyboard Ideazon Zboard + Optimus Maximus. Logitech G13.
Software w10 Pro x64.
Benchmark Scores pppft, gotta see it to believe it. . .
Anyone that assumes that the Mac OSX is invulnerable, deserves to own it.
It's like having unsafe sex constantly, of course you deserve a virus.

Granted, software based Anti-virus applications are far from perfect, but a warning is all that should be required. At the end of the day, it's still up to the individual to proceed or not. Surfing the internet with no protection is silly. Using the internet unprotected for personal banking and such is idiotic. Some people cant be taught, some people are learning, long term Windows based users have already learnt their lesson.

Changing lanes whilst driving without indication is silly. Driving at twice+ the speed limit and taking corners like its all a video game is idiotic. some people cant be taught, some people are learning, I REFUSE TO DRIVE ANY OTHER WAY!!!

Personally, i KNOW that every single internet banking style transaction is recorded, especially your details lol. It's the frame of mind i prefer to take. My risk's are better calculated.

Steve Jobs should have told the truth before he died. DIED!

System Name _Speedforce_ (Successor to Strike-X, 4LI3NBR33D-H, Core-iH7 & Nemesis-H)
Processor Intel Core i9 7980XE (Lapped) @ 5.2Ghz With XSPC Raystorm (Lapped)
Motherboard Asus Rampage VI Extreme (XSPC Watercooled) - Custom Heatsinks (Lapped)
Cooling XSPC Custom Water Cooling + Custom Air Cooling (From Delta 220's TFB1212GHE to Spal 30101504&5)
Memory 8x 8Gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz @ 4667Mhz (2x F4-4266C17Q-32GTZR)
Video Card(s) 3x Asus GTX1080 Ti (Lapped) With Customised EK Waterblock (Lapped) + Custom heatsinks (Lapped)
Storage 1x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB - 2280 (Hyper M.2 x16 Card), 7x Samsung 860 Pro 4Tb
Display(s) 6x Asus ROG Swift PG348Q
Case Aerocool Strike X (Modified)
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 & Aurvana XFi Headphones
Power Supply 2x Corsair AX1500i With Custom Sheilding, Custom Switching Unit. Braided Cables.
Mouse Razer Copperhead + R.A.T 9
Keyboard Ideazon Zboard + Optimus Maximus. Logitech G13.
Software w10 Pro x64.
Benchmark Scores pppft, gotta see it to believe it. . .
Sorry about my previous rant. I ummm, have no excuse. Guess i just wanted to stir the water. Anyone wanna swim ?

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Runnimg "Any computer"without some form of anti virus is like a menstruating woman swimming in the piranha infested river
sooner or later your going to be Dinner for something

Halk

System Name Desktop PC
Processor 1090T
Motherboard Crosshair IV Forumula
Cooling Arctic Freezer 7 pro
Memory 4x2GB OCZ Reaper
Video Card(s) DirectCU 580
Storage Vertex 2 120GB
Display(s) Dell 24 inch
Case Fractal Design R3
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Seasonic X 650
Software Win 7 Home Premium x64
Runnimg "Any computer"without some form of anti virus is like a menstruating woman swimming in the piranha infested river
sooner or later your going to be Dinner for something

I think you might have used up all the hyperbole there.. :)

System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) LG 24MK430 primary && Samsung S24D590 secondary
Case Corsair Graphite 780T.
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Coolermaster MM530.
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?
Windows targeting malware are born in thousands every day. No need to write an article about a single one unless it caused some nukes to pop. But a trojan the hits the almighty Mac ? That deserves a spot in the hall of fame !
TAKE THAT MAC !

Windows targeting malware are born in thousands every day. No need to write an article about a single one unless it caused some nukes to pop. But a trojan the hits the almighty Mac ? That deserves a spot in the hall of fame !
TAKE THAT MAC !

except this one is suspiciously like Stuxnet(read:government-backed) and used a zero-day kernel vulnerability. If that's not newsworthy I'm not sure what is.
Did you know how much of a big deal Stuxnet was?

except this one is suspiciously like Stuxnet(read:government-backed) and used a zero-day kernel vulnerability. If that's not newsworthy I'm not sure what is.

Nope, never heard of it. But even if I did I doubt I would have cared as much as I did about this one.
No really mate, I get what you want to say, yet you should take in account that qubit didn't say the trojan ONLY hit Mac OS systems. So there's nothing wrong in what he's written.

Nope, never heard of it. But even if I did I doubt I would have cared as much as I did about this one.
No really mate, I get what you want to say, yet you should take in account that qubit didn't say the trojan ONLY hit Mac OS systems. So there's nothing wrong in what he's written.

He's a news editor that is clearly on a crusade. That is the problem.
What is this, bloody Engadget/Gizmodo?

and this OSX/Miner-D is obviously OS X only.

He's a news editor that is clearly on a crusade. That is the problem.

I agree his writing style is somewhat extreme, but personally I like it, though I disagree with some of what he writes, I dismiss it as a personal taste and opinions. But most of his articles are interesting to read. but then again, that my personal opinion.

The name wasn't from his own imagination btw, that's the name Sophos (or someone else associated) gave it to the trojan.

I agree his writing style is somewhat extreme, but personally I like it, though I disagree with some of what he writes, I dismiss it as a personal taste and opinions. But most of his articles are interesting to read. but then again, that my personal opinion.

The name wasn't from his own imagination btw, that's the name Sophos (or someone else associated) gave it to the trojan.

I do know the trojan is named by Sophos. I was just pointing out it's obviously OS X only. Any way, to willingly execute something they know is not legitimate, this is the price people pay for pirating software.

System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage

I don't often agree with you, but I do agree that the windows story is big news, the part about some anti mac agenda not so much. Stuxnet was a game changer, it rewrote the book on what a virus can be.

More info can be found here for those who don't know about it.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
He's a news editor that is clearly on a quantum crusade. That is the problem.

Fixed. :D

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
To me, this story sounds like TPU is condoning doing malicious things to other people's computers... I mean with a link to the actual trojan and the name of the title and all. My 2 cents. :ohwell:

Last edited:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Keyboard Yes
To me, this story sounds like TPU is condoning doing malicious things to other people's computers... I mean with a link to the actual trojan and the name of the title and all. My 2 cents. :ohwell:

I totally don't get why you think that? :confused:

The point of the article is to get Mac users out of their smug self-delusions of superiority regarding security of their platform and wake up to the malware threats, which are increasing as the Mac become more popular.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11

The point of the article is to get Mac users out of their smug self-delusions of superiority regarding security of their platform and wake up to the malware threats, which are increasing as the Mac become more popular.

So the article is built on a stereotype that Mac users are smug and self-delusional? Okay. In my opinion you should stray away from your opinions and stereotypes in your news posts and just report the news. Isn't that what news/journalism is? This doesn't seem to be it and I don't much care for it. When you inject your opinion into news, others are going to do the same. Malware for anyone on any platform is not a good thing and can cause headaches. This isn't some personal attack or anything I actually think you are doing an oustanding job at finding interesting news. I just think it would be better without the opinion. I mean, you could always add your opinion as a member in a separate post and leave it separate from the news you report. Good day.:)

Last edited:
Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.

Why do you assume all mac users are smug pricks? I am a Mac user and I firmly believe that security by obscurity is a bad policy. I also have a windows 7 gaming rig...

You need to get off your high horse a bit, open your eyes and check your assumptions, before you start accusing people of what you think is true. Alot of people here want you to get over your smug "what I believe is right" bias that you lace your articles with. Why don't you write a story on that?

I sounded harsh there, but that is the type of wording that you used in your post to reference other people. It's not right. Think, those of us who use macs AND are smug a$$h*les are douches, that is true - but so are you in sinking to that level. I would hate to see a good writer go to waste because he chose to think like an idiot.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
Why do you assume all mac users are smug pricks? I am a Mac user and I firmly believe that security by obscurity is a bad policy. I also have a windows 7 gaming rig...

You need to get off your high horse a bit, open your eyes and check your assumptions, before you start accusing people of what you think is true. Alot of people here want you to get over your smug "what I believe is right" bias that you lace your articles with. Why don't you write a story on that?

I sounded harsh there, but that is the type of wording that you used in your post to reference other people. It's not right, and think those of us who use macs AND are smug a$$h*les are douches - but so are you in sinking to that level. I would hate to see a good writer go to waste because he chose to think like an idiot.
Not really a terribly nice post and awefully critical, but you have tried to be constructive, so thankyou. :toast:

I don't assume that all Mac users are smug pricks, you're obviously not and I applaud that. :) However, I've spoken with a lot of Mac users over the years and one of the things I've noticed is how they just love to accuse of PCs of being "infested" with malware and how supposedly secure there Macs are. This was tosh then and is tosh now. I've been using Windows since the Windows 95 era and I've never had a problem with malware. I obviously practice safe computing practices to have ensured this and I've never had more than perhaps three or four infections in all that time, despite all the security holes in the various versions of Windows. Mac users need to start doing this too now your platform is a bit more popular.

Besides, it's not only me saying this (the misplaced smug attitude). The Sophos article was also making my points about this myth of invulnerability and I felt it was a very good point.

EDIT

Just realised, it was yourself who said I think Mac users are smug pricks and I ended up using that term in my post back to you. I actually think calling someone a "prick" is very insulting and only fit for people who really deserve it. I don't think Mac users in denial deserve that at all, so while I think they're smug, I don't think they're pricks.

Last edited:
System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
Eh.

It's only a matter of time before malware for macs becomes more and more prevalent to the point where it becomes necessary for macs needing to install antivirus as well but personally I don't think that will matter to the general public depending on the future products of Apple.

Apple products are vanity items to the many everyday users otherwise we would not get these people who buy an ACER laptop and slap an apple sticker over the logo they received with their iPod.

Keep looking classy and sleek apple and it's a win/win.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
So the article is built on a stereotype that Mac users are smug and self-delusional? Okay. In my opinion you should stray away from your opinions and stereotypes in your news posts and just report the news. Isn't that what news/journalism is? This doesn't seem to be it and I don't much care for it. When you inject your opinion into news, others are going to do the same. Malware for anyone on any platform is not a good thing and can cause headaches. This isn't some personal attack or anything I actually think you are doing an oustanding job at finding interesting news. I just think it would be better without the opinion. I mean, you could always add your opinion as a member in a separate post and leave it separate from the news you report. Good day.:)

You got a thanks for the bold bit - what a smashing compliment, thankyou. :respect: and I never take your comments as a personal attack. :) Look, phanbuey just tore a piece out of me (well, tried) and I thanked him too, because the aim of his post was to be constructive.

This is my natural style of journalism and it's one of those things that's like Marmite, some love it, while some hate it. If I went all unbiased, it would piss off all the readers that like my style (and me too) so I can't win! lol

The best way to read my articles is with a large dose of irony. :D Believe it or not, there's humour in between the lines. :p

PVTCaboose1337

Graphical Hacker
System Name Whim
Processor Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Memory 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670 2gb
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, WD 2TB Black
Display(s) Shimian QH270 (1440p), Asus VE228 (1080p)
Case Cooler Master 430 Elite
Audio Device(s) Onboard > PA2V2 Amp > Senn 595's
Power Supply Corsair 750w
Software Windows 8.1 (Tweaked)
I mean, you could always add your opinion as a member in a separate post and leave it separate from the news you report. Good day.

This is what btarunr does a lot. The cover page story sounds much more professional that way IMO, and not like... gossip.

Anyway, relating to the story, bitcoin stealing is not all that hard. Copying a 1mb file? Ok easy. Getting it to you somehow, ehh tougher, but FTP makes it easy as you don't have to alert the user to what you are doing, and it is build into most modern OS's.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Not really a terribly nice post and awefully critical, but you have tried to be constructive, so thankyou. :toast:

I don't assume that all Mac users are smug pricks, you're obviously not and I applaud that. :) However, I've spoken with a lot of Mac users over the years and one of the things I've noticed is how they just love to accuse of PCs of being "infested" with malware and how supposedly secure there Macs are. This was tosh then and is tosh now. I've been using Windows since the Windows 95 era and I've never had a problem with malware. I obviously practice safe computing practices to have ensured this and I've never had more than perhaps three or four infections in all that time, despite all the security holes in the various versions of Windows. Mac users need to start doing this too now your platform is a bit more popular.

Besides, it's not only me saying this (the misplaced smug attitude). The Sophos article was also making my points about this myth of invulnerability and I felt it was a very good point.

Quibit, the article itself was not bad, although you did use your talent as a writer to rip into the general mac user base with the rhetoric a bit, you make a very intelligent point. One that we have all known to be true for quite some time.

However, the post is what ultimately gave away the "The point of the article is to get Mac users out of their smug self-delusions of superiority..." While you didn't say all you didn't really have to. If that is how you really feel, then I feel bad for you - because you are wasting your time. You will get those people out of their smugness. Your trying to prove to someone who is stupid that they are stupid.

Its like me telling PC users that them getting viruses is not windows' fault but theirs "well f*)($ im gonna go get a mac becuase they NEVER get viruses." - Er... ok.

Anyways, good story - sorry if I was a bit harsh, your stuff is really good save for the occasional lapse in objectivity.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
These news stories turn out to be more about qubit than the news he posts.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
Quibit, the article itself was not bad, although you did use your talent as a writer to rip into the general mac user base with the rhetoric a bit, you make a very intelligent point. One that we have all known to be true for quite some time.

However, the post is what ultimately gave away the "The point of the article is to get Mac users out of their smug self-delusions of superiority..." While you didn't say all you didn't really have to. If that is how you really feel, then I feel bad for you - because you are wasting your time. You will get those people out of their smugness. Your trying to prove to someone who is stupid that they are stupid.

Its like me telling PC users that them getting viruses is not windows' fault but theirs "well f*)($ im gonna go get a mac becuase they NEVER get viruses." - Er... ok. Same people. Not gonna work.

Let me ask you a question, have you ever used a Mac?

Thanks for the kind words, dude. :)

I really really don't think all Mac users are like that - nothing is that black and white and it's very stupid to think so. I can't be any clearer than that.

You have a point about one side trying to convince the other, nicely put. ;)

Have I ever got my hands dirty using a Mac?

Oops, I did it again! :eek: j/k Remember that dose of irony...

10-15 years ago I used a Mac SE at work for simple spreadsheeting. I loved the qute all-in-one shape, it was very well built, ran quite nicely and I liked using it. They had a more modern colour one there too (Performa range perhaps? The memory fades) but I seem to remember the apps on that being quite unstable and had a habit of disappearing from the screen in an insta-crash. :shadedshu Those are the only times I ever used a Mac to any great extent. So, what's my favourite platform? Hint: it's not the PC.

Back in the 80s and 90s (qubit shows his quantum age) I was into Acorn computers in a big way. They were fantastic and powerful machines for their time, except that unlike Apple, Acorn had a habit of failing in the market :rolleyes: and I eventually went over to the dark side Windows when that platform became too glaringly untenable. However, it was this same company that created the incredibly successful ARM processor! I've programmed the ARM processor myself in assembly language and this baby's a beauty, I can tell you. :rockout:

EDIT

These news stories turn out to be more about qubit than the news he posts.

Now there's irony! :toast:

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
No I mean why this news from days ago was posted just now but another piece of news that is more relevant to Windows users here, more recent and on the front pages of those same sites is ignored.

Who really cares other than you?

He decided to post a news article about macs getting a virus because mactards have their comps shoved so far up their ass and think it and they are more superior to windows users. This is great news because you never hear of anything like this going on for a mac.

On the other hand, yeah a new virus is released for windows. Big fucking deal. Thats old news. Happens everyday and we all come to expect it. Its not every day, or even once a year you hear something like this happening to a mac.

Why do people give qubit so much shit for the news he posts anyway? I honestly dont know how he puts up with some of you people.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
No I mean why this news from days ago was posted just now but another piece of news that is more relevant to Windows users here, more recent and on the front pages of those same sites is ignored.

I'll tell you why my friend:

- Because I do this as a spare time hobby, same as you posting on here when you have a minute to spare, therefore I can't cover everything happening in the PC world
- News posts take a surprisingly long time to write. Especially for a grammar nazi perfectionist like me :laugh:
- I post what I happen to come across, think will be relevant to TPU and I find interesting. I find articles like this particularly interesting...
- Sometimes btarunr sneeks up on me and snaps up the article I was thinking of covering. I have told him several times now to use his time machine and look into the future to see what I would have posted, but he won't listen. tsk :shadedshu
- If you see any news you'd like to see covered, send me a PM. If I publish it, I'll give you credit for the lead in post 2

And yeah, crash is right, how could I resist a juicy story about a Mac trojan?! :D

Who really cares other than you?

He decided to post a news article about macs getting a virus because mactards have their comps shoved so far up their ass and think it and they are more superior to windows users. This is great news because you never hear of anything like this going on for a mac.

On the other hand, yeah a new virus is released for windows. Big fucking deal. Thats old news. Happens everyday and we all come to expect it. Its not every day, or even once a year you hear something like this happening to a mac.

Why do people give qubit so much shit for the news he posts anyway? I honestly dont know how he puts up with some of you people.

Thanks dude. :toast: I simply put on my best flame-repellant suite and face the angry mob. :laugh: I think it may need an upgrade soon, though. ;)