• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Responds to NVIDIA's GPP: AIB Partners to Announce New Radeon-Exclusive Brands

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
In a blog post on its gaming website, AMD has decided to put on the white gloves for a distinctive strike against NVIDIA's GPP initiative, which has seen rivers of ink and public discussion already. In the blog post, entitled "Radeon RX Graphics: A Gamer's Choice", the company is clearly putting its footing on the same stance it always finds itself positioned to by NVIDIA: the freedom of choice, and freedom of standards side of the equation.

The blog post entirely reads as an anti environment-lock manifesto, extorting the virtues of PC gaming and the open-ended building and assembly of parts from various manufacturers that it's built upon. As a move against NVIDIA's decision to enforce their GPP initiative to lock-in AIB partners towards having an NVIDIA-exclusive brand, AMD has come out of the gates saying that the simple solution is for partners to announce new, AMD-exclusive brands as well. This is logical; was to be expected; and is really AMD's only move out of this forced hand it was dealt with.

AMD's opinion is written on the walls of its blog post, though: "The freedom to tell others in the industry that they won't be boxed in to choosing proprietary solutions that come bundled with "gamer taxes" just to enjoy great experiences they should rightfully have access to." We've already seen one such brand being announced today by ASUS with its AREZ, AMD-exclusive brand. Others will follow suit, and the only thing NVIDIA will likely be left with is users' opinion on whether exactly this was a required move from the company.

AMD's blog post follows in full:

Radeon RX Graphics: A Gamer's Choice
"Our proud pastime of PC gaming has been built on the idea of freedom. Freedom to choose. How to play the game. What to do and when to do it. And specifically, what to play it on. PC gaming has a long, proud tradition of choice. Whether you build and upgrade your own PCs, or order pre-built rigs after you've customized every detail online, you know that what you're playing on is of your own making, based on your freedom to choose the components that you want. Freedom of choice is a staple of PC gaming.

Over the coming weeks, you can expect to see our add-in board partners launch new brands that carry an AMD Radeon product. AMD is pledging to reignite this freedom of choice when gamers choose an AMD Radeon RX graphics card. These brands will share the same values of openness, innovation, and inclusivity that most gamers take to heart. The freedom to tell others in the industry that they won't be boxed in to choosing proprietary solutions that come bundled with "gamer taxes" just to enjoy great experiences they should rightfully have access to. The freedom to support a brand that actively works to advance the art and science of PC gaming while expanding its reach.

The key values that brands sporting AMD Radeon products will offer are:

A dedication to open innovation
AMD works tirelessly to advance PC gaming through close collaboration with hardware standards bodies, API and game developers, making our technologies available to all to help further the industry. Through our collaboration with JEDEC on memory standards like HBM and HBM2, Microsoft on DirectX and Khronos on Vulkan, and through the GPUOpen initiative where we provide access to a comprehensive collection of visual effects, productivity tools, and other content at no cost, we're enabling the industry to the benefit of gamers.

A commitment to true transparency through industry standards
Through industry standards like AMD FreeSync technology, we're providing the PC ecosystem with technologies that significantly enhance gamers' experiences, enabling partners to adopt them at no cost to consumers, rather than penalizing gamers with proprietary technology "taxes" and limiting their choice in displays.

Real partnerships with real consistency
We work closely with all our AIB partners, so that our customers are empowered with the best, high-performance, high quality gaming products and technologies available from AMD. No anti-gamer / anti-competitive strings attached.

Expanding the PC gaming ecosystem
We create open and free game development technologies that enable the next generation of immersive gaming experiences across PC and console ecosystems. These efforts have resulted in advancements such as AMD FreeSync adoption on TVs for Xbox One S or X, integration of forward looking "Vega" architecture features and technologies into Far Cry 5 without penalizing the competition, and inclusion of open sourced AMD innovations into the Vulkan API which game developers can adopt freely.

We pledge to put premium, high-performance graphics cards in the hands of as many gamers as possible and give our partners the support they need without anti-competitive conditions. Through the support of our add-in-board partners that carry forward the AMD Radeon RX brand, we're continuing to push the industry openly, transparently and without restrictions so that gamers have access to the best immersive technologies, APIs and experiences.

We believe that freedom of choice in PC gaming isn't a privilege. It's a right."

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Kudos to AMD! An elegant response, now let's see if they can get some AIB firepower on the line as well. Their best possible counter I'd say without creating a shitstorm.

Its a shame that Asus already announced their Arez line, I don't get the idea AMD was very close to that development. And they should be right on top of this with each and every AIB.

I like the tone of voice in this bit of marketing, especially the last sentence.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
Nah should be more like "Radeon RX: A Miner's Choice" They don't give 2 cents crap about gamers. The VR stuttering/down-clocking issue I reported 2 months ago is not even acknowledged in their release notes. Their GPU are not that great for gaming to begin with: hot, slow, power hungry. RTG brought this kinda GPP crap onto themselves. Don't blame your own failure on other company's technological superiority. If RTG had any decent GPU then the market will positively respond to it. I have been given my money exclusively to RTG for every generation of GPU since ATi 9700 days, and I can't even stand the way they operate now. Wake the F up, RTG, start by innovating and properly treat your customers who used their hard earnerd dollars to support you.

Processor R9 5800x3d | R7 3900X | 4800H | 2x Xeon gold 6142
Motherboard Asrock X570M | AB350M Pro 4 | Asus Tuf A15
Cooling Air | Air | duh laptop
Memory 64gb G.skill SniperX @3600 CL16 | 128gb | 32GB | 192gb
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 |Quadro P5000 | RTX2060M
Storage Many drives
Display(s) M32Q,AOC 27" 144hz something.
Case Jonsbo D41
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse g502 Lightspeed
Keyboard G913 tkl
Software win11, proxmox
Benchmark Scores 33000FS, 16300 TS. Lappy, 7000 TS.
Nah should be more like "Radeon RX: A Miner's Choice" They don't give 2 cents crap about gamers. The VR stuttering/down-clocking issue I reported 2 months ago is not even acknowledged in their release notes. Their GPU are not that great for gaming to begin with: hot, slow, power hungry. RTG brought this kinda GPP crap onto themselves. Don't blame your own failure on other company's technological superiority. If RTG had any decent GPU then the market will positively respond to it. I have been given my money exclusively to RTG for every generation of GPU since ATi 9700 days, and I can't even stand the way they operate now. Wake the F up, RTG, start by innovating and properly treat your customers who used their hard earnerd dollars to support you.

Shut up... please.

GPP is a monopoly process, it's not "we have superior gpu's" kinda deal.

Reclocking issues, I do not have different issues from my maxwell on vega.
I do have ineffecient design vs pascal, Yes!
I do not find my vega hardware to be WOW, This is great.
But at the price which was 1070~TI price it's hard to beat, Freesync and I'm a happy camper despite not liking the hardware.

Rx580 isn't bad, rx570 isn't bad, the product doesn't suck.
Tons of reasons to buy a desktop AMD GPU.

I will however say that AMD in laptops do indeed suck apart from the new apu's, and yes outright suck!

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10

You do realize that there was litteraly a black screen issue on Nvidia cards for VR right? So great, you have stuttering issues in VR, I couldn't even see the game. This isn't an uncommen issue either, many Rift owners had it. I would know, I experienced it with my 1080 Ti multiple times. Why does there always gotta be people like you in the comments "but AMD doesn't care!". You comment is nothing but a bunch of excuses and doesn't add anything to the conversation.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
NVIDIA make great high end graphics cards, but why do they have to be such douchebags about it with this anti-competitive crap? Forcing AMD to make a statement like this in response isn't what competition is about.

We really, really need AMD to be competitive again like they're doing with CPUs. Just look at how it's putting the wind up Intel.

Processor Intel
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Cooler Master
Memory Corsair
Video Card(s) Nvidia
Storage Samsung/Western Digital/ADATA
Display(s) Samsung
Case Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse A4TECH
Keyboard UniKey
Software Windows 10 x64
Soooo boycott AMD?

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
Soooo boycott AMD?

Yeah freedom of choice and exclusive brands don't go together, lets be honest most of the die-hards pick their brand of choice regardless. In the real world Joe Pub try to make informed choices but it all boils down to budget and availabilty.

Equally AMD don't want freedom of choice, they want everyone to buy their products, well at least their shareholders and investors do. Maybe the rest are hippies and are all freelove.

"Hi, we're losing to our competitor. Here's a video about a post apocalyptic future. Also, a bunch of minorities looking at the camera and an inspiring piano song"

I love you guys, but i'm not buying it, AMD.
Just hope the whole gpp thing will be sorted out.

Last edited:
System Name Daves
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard AsRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III 360
Memory 32 GiG Team Group B Die 3600
Video Card(s) Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
Storage Crucial MX 500 SSD and Intel P660 NVME 2TB for games
Display(s) Acer 144htz 27in. 2560x1440
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair RM 750
Mouse EVGA
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro
Good on AMD...F YOU, NVIDIA!

T4C Fantasy

CPU & GPU DB Maintainer
Staff member
System Name Whaaaat Kiiiiiiid!
Processor Intel Core i9-12900K @ Default
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Elite AX
Cooling Corsair H150i AIO Cooler
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA @ Default
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512GB + Crucial MX500 2TB x3 + Crucial MX500 4TB + Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
Display(s) 27" LG 27MU67-B 4K, + 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P
Case Thermaltake Core X9 Snow
Audio Device(s) Logitech G935 Headset
Power Supply SeaSonic Platinum 1050W Snow Silent
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXV: 19329
System Name Thermaltake
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5800X3D @ 4.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix @ 3600 MHz CL16
Video Card(s) XFX 319 Merc 6800 XT
Storage Kingston 256GB SSD | Kingston 240GB NVMe | Samsung 1TB NVMe | Samsung F3 1TB HDD | Barracuda 2TB HDD
Display(s) 34" ultrawide LG 34GL750B 144hz 1ms | 55" LG UR91 4k@60Hz
Case Phanteks Eclipse P400
Audio Device(s) ALC 1220 120dB SNR HD Audio
Power Supply Thermaltake GF1 850 W - 80 Plus Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 HERO Lightspeed
Keyboard Asus TUF Gaming K3
Software Windows 11 Pro x64

"hot, slow, power hungry"

I didn't know everybody plays with a GTX 1080 Ti. Oh wait... RX 480/580 was a better performance/value choice than GTX 1060, Vega 56 is ~10% faster than a 1070. Vega 64 performs as a 1080. Are they more power hungry than an NV? Yes. Are they slower? No. 1080 Ti is a different story.

So... wheres our freedom of choice for

Vegas custom coolers
What about old gen 295X2 and others dual GPU cards only been sold with reference design with a branded box...

RTG, not so free after all

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
I will however say that AMD in laptops do indeed suck apart from the new apu's, and yes outright suck!

Those 1500$ laptops with R7 1700s and RX 580s are an absolute steal , way better than anything you can find around that price with Intel/Nvidia.

I didn't know everybody plays with a GTX 1080 Ti.

Well most Nvidia keyboard warriors like to boast how Nvidia has the fastest card and how AMD can't compete with them because of that... and then they proceed to buy a 1050 :laugh:

Last edited:
You are free to choose between a 450$ RX 580 and a 800$ Vega 56

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Those 1500$ laptops with R7 1700s and RX 580s are an absolute steal , way better than anything you can find around that price with Intel/Nvidia.

I paid $1,360 free ship from cyberpower pc for my gtx 1070 100hz IPS gsync 17.3" 7700HQ laptop. :Dalbeit, I removed the OS option to save some money since I already had my OS... also this was 1 year ago

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
I paid $1,360 free ship from cyberpower pc for my gtx 1070 100hz IPS gsync 17.3" 7700HQ laptop. :Dalbeit, I removed the OS option to save some money since I already had my OS... also this was 1 year ago

Yeah but most never even think about custom laptops. The point was if you want to buy something with an AMD CPU/GPU from a store you can find some pretty compelling choices , unlike popular belief.

Last edited:
A lot of fluff but doesn't really saying anything other than "We can't compete in these performance niches so we'll spout platitudes instead ." Since the subject came up, all I can remember is the commercial for Burger King with the old granny muttering "Where's the beef ?". When nVidia came out w/ PhysX, AMD could have a) produced a competing technology or b) licensed it. When nVidia came out w/ G-Sync, they could have a) produced a competing technology or b) licensed it ...instead they chose c) Create a name similar to G-Sync, only provide a part of the technology and sell the lesser featured package at reduced price. AMD could have included a hardware module in the Freesync monitors, but they chose not to ... some Freesync monitor manufacturers did include such a MBR module but they were not well recived because when the Freesync monitors were able to offer motion blur reduction buy adding the necessary hardware, they no longer had that big price advantage... and AMD never jumped on the MBR bandwagon cause they chose instead to sell on price.

nVidia has been taking more and more control from it's board partners legally, driver wise and physically with successive generations. Now it is willing to give 3rd party vendors a boost by partnering with them to create high performance model lines that customers are willing to pay for. We will write our drivers so as to allow higher clocks, if during the install it detects PCBs that meet certain criteria with regard to voltage control, cooling, etc.

And if they do so, all they are saying that if you are using what we give you to increase mindshare and generate high margins, you can't allow our competitor to take advantage of the branding ***we*** helped you build. This is business as usual in America ... newsflash .... America is a capitalist dog eat dog country... deal with it. If you own a pizza joint, Coca Cola will give you a refrigerator to hold its products... you want to put Pepsi in there, you violate the licensing agreement and we take back OUR fridge.

Where's the beef ? If Asus calls the nVidia line Strix and their Radeon line Arez, so what ? If AMD says that Asus can't not sell an AMD based card called Arez, would there be such a steenk ? Buger King can sell a 1/4 pound burger but thye can not call it "the quarter pounder" There is nothing anti-competitive; nothing more sinister limiting the use of the name then there is about not putting our competitor's products in the free fridge we gave you. In the end, all AMD is saying ... "well we gonna offer free fridges too"... and now when we buy pizza, we'll see two fridges ...one with AMD stuff inside and one with nVidia ... great EXACTLY what I wanted ... a way to read the logo on top of the fridge telling me this is where I can find an nVidia product inside and here's where I can find and AMD product inside. Nothing anti competitive, more like truth in advertising. The nVidia Strix products of recent generations are overclocking by 14 - 31%. The AMD cards are in single digits for the most part. The only thing AMD loses by the name limiting partnership agreement is that no one will be purchasing a product thinking that because their nVidia Strix OC's 25%, their AMD Strix is capable of doing the same.

I hope Intel soon does the same as I am frustrated by confused users sending me proposed 8700k builds with X370 MoBos cause they think X370 is a cheaper version of the Z370.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
You are right John, it is a capitalist country. I know me and some other buddies have all decided to go all AMD in recent months for our gaming rigs. I will be selling my 1080 ti as soon as Vega 2 comes out and is MSRP. Let the free markets reign, and lets see what the markets look like 2-3 years from now.

The free markets usually find the companies that treat the consumer like crap, and knock them down a notch. Nvidia had no reason to bully in this manner, they control 80% of market share.

Last edited:
System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
A lot of fluff but doesn't really saying anything other than "We can't compete in these performance niches so we'll spout platitudes instead ." Since the subject came up, all I can remember is the commercial for Burger King with the old granny muttering "Where's the beef ?". When nVidia came out w/ PhysX, AMD could have a) produced a competing technology or b) licensed it. When nVidia came out w/ G-Sync, they could have a) produced a competing technology or b) licensed it ...instead they chose c) Create a name similar to G-Sync, only provide a part of the technology and sell the lesser featured package at reduced price. AMD could have included a hardware module in the Freesync monitors, but they chose not to ... some Freesync monitor manufacturers did include such a MBR module but they were not well recived because when the Freesync monitors were able to offer motion blur reduction buy adding the necessary hardware, they no longer had that big price advantage... and AMD never jumped on the MBR bandwagon cause they chose instead to sell on price.

nVidia has been taking more and more control from it's board partners legally, driver wise and physically with successive generations. Now it is willing to give 3rd party vendors a boost by partnering with them to create high performance model lines that customers are willing to pay for. We will write our drivers so as to allow higher clocks, if during the install it detects PCBs that meet certain criteria with regard to voltage control, cooling, etc.

And if they do so, all they are saying that if you are using what we give you to increase mindshare and generate high margins, you can't allow our competitor to take advantage of the branding ***we*** helped you build. This is business as usual in America ... newsflash .... America is a capitalist dog eat dog country... deal with it. If you own a pizza joint, Coca Cola will give you a refrigerator to hold its products... you want to put Pepsi in there, you violate the licensing agreement and we take back OUR fridge.

Where's the beef ? If Asus calls the nVidia line Strix and their Radeon line Arez, so what ? If AMD says that Asus can't not sell an AMD based card called Arez, would there be such a steenk ? Buger King can sell a 1/4 pound burger but thye can not call it "the quarter pounder" There is nothing anti-competitive; nothing more sinister limiting the use of the name then there is about not putting our competitor's products in the free fridge we gave you. In the end, all AMD is saying ... "well we gonna offer free fridges too"... and now when we buy pizza, we'll see two fridges ...one with AMD stuff inside and one with nVidia ... great EXACTLY what I wanted ... a way to read the logo on top of the fridge telling me this is where I can find an nVidia product inside and here's where I can find and AMD product inside. Nothing anti competitive, more like truth in advertising. The nVidia Strix products of recent generations are overclocking by 14 - 31%. The AMD cards are in single digits for the most part. The only thing AMD loses by the name limiting partnership agreement is that no one will be purchasing a product thinking that because their nVidia Strix OC's 25%, their AMD Strix is capable of doing the same.

I hope Intel soon does the same as I am frustrated by confused users sending me proposed 8700k builds with X370 MoBos cause they think X370 is a cheaper version of the Z370.

This ^^^.

Plus it always seems to be easier to rush in and defend the "little guy" or the "brave revolution RTG" against big bad green nVidia.

Quoting AdoredTV's latest video, around 18:00. AMD's fan base is some of the most toxic fan base in hardware forum.