• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel to Paper-launch 9th Gen Core on August 14, Availability in Q4-2018

Or perhaps simply the best product? Yes because all I see are AMD fanboys talking about how better option Ryzen is, but in the end you forget that most people won´t bother with overclocking the chip to get better performance, they won´t bother spending 20 hours fine tuning memory timings, because not everyone buys B-Die Dimms. People also don´t want some software incompabilities, lack of thunderbolt (music production) and many other disadvantages. Intel has disadvantages too, wich I won´t mention because you guys do it everyday here, every time. But it is annoying that you threat Ryzen like a God tier product and that no one should buy an Intel CPU. When Ryzen itself is not user friendly AT ALL.
Your points could easily be made about Intel itself. OC? Well most Intel CPU-s and motherboards are locked so it's not even an option. Yes you can OC them further but then you have to get into delidding and tweaking same as on Ryzen in terms of DRAM tweaking. So neither offers some sort of magical one click OC that requires no tweaking. Arguably Ryzen OC is better because at least you won't lose warranty due to delidding.

But when you don't OC there is no reason to go for Intel. That's Intel advantage against Ryzen - the OC headroom that Ryzen lacks. Take that away and you get such a similar level of performance that most users won't notice the difference. Not sure what software incompabilities are you referring to. Thunderbolt is very niche. Not even most Intel's own products inclde integrated ports for it. Plus with USB 3.1 g2 TB's speed advantage in real world scenarios is debateable.

So in my optinion both have quirks you have to account for. Neither is a smooth experience in terms of OC or compability.

System Name DEVIL'S ABYSS
Processor i7-4790K@4.6 GHz
Motherboard Asus Z97-Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H110 (2 x 140mm)(3 x 140mm case fans)
Memory 16GB Adata XPG V2 2400MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 780 Ti Classified
Storage Intel 750 Series 400GB (AIC), Plextor M6e 256GB (M.2), 13 TB storage
Display(s) Crossover 27QW (27"@ 2560x1440)
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Ttsports Talon Blu
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1803
Benchmark Scores Passmark CPU score = 13080
I also don't see this Intel panicking narrative as even remotely researched. Intel released Skylake (6th-gen Core) in Fall 2015. Kaby Lake (7th gen) released in Fall 2016. Why is it even breaking news or thought of as a panic that 9th-gen may come out in Fall 2018? Seems right on track. You can bend the spoon if it makes you think Intel is in some panic but 16.96 billion vs 1.7 billion says otherwise. If you compare net income it is worse - 5 billion to 114 million. Intel was up from Q2 2017 net income of 2.7 to that 5.0 in Q2-18. AMD's resurgence has almost doubled Intel's net income. It would be a lot easier and more mature if people just just agree Intel went into a holding pattern while AMD fell apart. AMD showed a heartbeat and put out a great value product. Intel countered by moving ahead. Hopefully AMD's resurgence maintains and is good for progress.
This is a good example of a constructive, unbiased post. It quotes real facts and figures that anyone can verify, and acknowledges AMD's virtues, while noting why Intel has seemed to be less progressive than they could have been, and are now moving forward, not "panicking" as some like to say.

I don't think you understand Intel's line of thought very much (at least the way their executives act). Intel from past experience was exactly like this. They don't want AMD to gain ANY market share. Intel is a company that PAID the OEM's to sell only their product to the point that the OEM's made more money from Intel's Payments than selling the chips. This is the kind of company Intel childish actions Intel has taken and their current actions are not much better. The unfortunate matter is that the post about them acting like that is probably not that far off. Remember last year Intel released the 8x00 series chips before they had enough to actually sell. Why did they do this? Because they were afraid the Ryzen 2x00 series would cannibalize their sales and here we are again Intel's 9x00 series this time paperlaunched in August 2018, 10 months after the semi paper-launch coffeelake launch in Oct, 2018. Are we again going to see Intel launch without proper stock of chips or are they going to actually have the chips needed to a decent amount of the demand this time around.
This one is an example of a biased post, claiming inside knowledge of the minds of Intel execs, calling them childish, and having nefarious or panic-driven reasons for everything they do. He doesn't give them any credit for anything, only pointing to the past as somehow proving the motives behind present actions.

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
because without it, our 8700K would probably still be 4C/8T.
Exactly!!! I have absolutely no doubt that if it weren't for AMD's resurgence the 8700K would still be a 4C/8T CPU. AMD's Ryzen chip woke the sleeping giant and actually forced Intel to do something, hence the fact that the 8700K is a 6C/12T processor. This is what people here do not understand, AMD woke Intel up and now Intel is in panic mode. To which I say... Good. Serves them right for sleeping at the wheel with the cruise control on for the last five to six years.

Oh... and is it any wonder that the PC industry has seen a semblance of growth for the first time in as many years. Hmm... could it be that there's actually a reason to upgrade? When all Intel had was just another re-warmed 4C/8T processor many people's response was "Meh". If you ask me, the reason why the PC industry hasn't seen much growth in the last couple of years is because no one saw a need to upgrade or get new systems. Why? Why should I upgrade when the new processor is just another 4C/8T, same as the old? Intel did it to themselves, they shot themselves in the foot.

Last edited:
Me, as someone who messes with hw and write about it for others, looking at the title:

Last edited:
System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
Exactly!!! I have absolutely no doubt that if it weren't for AMD's resurgence the 8700K would still be a 4C/8T CPU. AMD's Ryzen chip woke the sleeping giant and actually forced Intel to do something, hence the fact that the 8700K is a 6C/12T processor. This is what people here do not understand, AMD woke Intel up and now Intel is in panic mode. To which I say... Good. Serves them right for sleeping at the wheel with the cruise control on for the last five to six years.

Oh... and is it any wonder that the PC industry has seen a semblance of growth for the first time in as many years. Hmm... could it be that there's actually a reason to upgrade? When all Intel had was just another re-warmed 4C/8T processor many people's response was "Meh". If you ask me, the reason why the PC industry hasn't seen much growth in the last couple of years is because no one saw a need to upgrade or get new systems. Why? Why should I upgrade when the new processor is just another 4C/8T, same as the old? Intel did it to themselves, they shot themselves in the foot.

I wouldn't say it's panic mode when they can release those products a mere few months after Ryzen.

Processor Ryzen 5950X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aurus Master
Cooling Corsair H115i
Memory 32GB (16x2) Crucial DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) Powercolor Radeon RX 480 Red Devil 8GB
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200, 1TB Corsair MP510, 4TB WDC Red, 3TB WDC Black, 6TB Ironwolf, 250GB 850 evo
Display(s) LG 4k 27"
Case Nanoxia Deep Silence 6
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z906
Power Supply 660W Seasonic Platinum Prime
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech
Software Windows 10
This is a good example of a constructive, unbiased post. It quotes real facts and figures that anyone can verify, and acknowledges AMD's virtues, while noting why Intel has seemed to be less progressive than they could have been, and are now moving forward, not "panicking" as some like to say.

This one is an example of a biased post, claiming inside knowledge of the minds of Intel execs, calling them childish, and having nefarious or panic-driven reasons for everything they do. He doesn't give them any credit for anything, only pointing to the past as somehow proving the motives behind present actions.

Ok. Well I didn't post all the facts I knew. Fair enough. If I did your understanding of my "bias" would be a bit better understood. In late 2016 it was reported that Coffeelake would be released to the desktop in early 2018. After more information on Zen got released leaked information started showing that Coffeelake was moved forward to late 2017. Another set of changes happened later that year after AMD surprised everyone with the announcement of Threadripper. Intel's diagram for the chips for their X299 platform all of a sudden had new chips added to the lineup. These actions show as being panic based reactions due to a few issues. 1) X299's VRM's weren't properly set up to handle the Highend chips and would at times overheat and cause drops in voltage this was fixed, but does show that the motherboards for that platform were not originally being designed with those chips in mind. Sure Intel had the design for the chips on hand for the Xeon market, but it wasn't their intention to sell them on the X299 platform. 2) X299 also had firmware issues not normally found on an Intel platform as they also pushed up the release timeframe. 3) Coffeelake although "released" in October 2017 was released in VERY low volumes and was essentially a paper launch until well into 2018. This gives the impression that as 2016 leaks were showing that Intel intended to release Coffeelake in 2018 not 2017. 4) For a childish action Intel did recently it should be seen how Intel made a powerpoint slide intended for the businesses to explain how AMD's EPYC chips are glued together and how Intel is better because of that among other faulty arguments and some decent ones.. https://www.techpowerup.com/235092/...rs-glued-together-in-official-slide-deck?cp=4

If Intel was honest about the strengths of their architecture in their handling of the press I wouldn't be so biased against them. Xeon has it's strengths and quite of few of them. But instead of touting them their first action after seeing EPYC as a threat is to try and discredit their competitors product instead of reminding their customers of the strengths of their products. For the HEDT market their release of their X299 was a mess instead of making sure their platform was together and releasing a quality product that was well designed they released a mess of a platform. Even with it's strengths that reviewers mentioned the negative reviews and articles about he power issues and Kabylake-X issues were not a help for Intel, not to mention making a platform with 3 different PCI-E configuration's for any given motherboard. If they release the 9x00 series with decent stock in late 2018 then this will at least since Ryzen be the first time Intel recently followed through with a product release without issue, but as of 2017 Intel has been botching their product releases like AMD of the past not to mention having to delay releases (also something AMD was known for) while AMD on the other hand has been oddly following through with their product releases (CPU wise).

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
Ok. Well I didn't post all the facts I knew. Fair enough. If I did your understanding of my "bias" would be a bit better understood. In late 2016 it was reported that Coffeelake would be released to the desktop in early 2018. After more information on Zen got released leaked information started showing that Coffeelake was moved forward to late 2017. Another set of changes happened later that year after AMD surprised everyone with the announcement of Threadripper. Intel's diagram for the chips for their X299 platform all of a sudden had new chips added to the lineup. These actions show as being panic based reactions due to a few issues. 1) X299's VRM's weren't properly set up to handle the Highend chips and would at times overheat and cause drops in voltage this was fixed, but does show that the motherboards for that platform were not originally being designed with those chips in mind. Sure Intel had the design for the chips on hand for the Xeon market, but it wasn't their intention to sell them on the X299 platform. 2) X299 also had firmware issues not normally found on an Intel platform as they also pushed up the release timeframe. 3) Coffeelake although "released" in October 2017 was released in VERY low volumes and was essentially a paper launch until well into 2018. This gives the impression that as 2016 leaks were showing that Intel intended to release Coffeelake in 2018 not 2017. 4) For a childish action Intel did recently it should be seen how Intel made a powerpoint slide intended for the businesses to explain how AMD's EPYC chips are glued together and how Intel is better because of that among other faulty arguments and some decent ones.. https://www.techpowerup.com/235092/...rs-glued-together-in-official-slide-deck?cp=4

If Intel was honest about the strengths of their architecture in their handling of the press I wouldn't be so biased against them. Xeon has it's strengths and quite of few of them. But instead of touting them their first action after seeing EPYC as a threat is to try and discredit their competitors product instead of reminding their customers of the strengths of their products. For the HEDT market their release of their X299 was a mess instead of making sure their platform was together and releasing a quality product that was well designed they released a mess of a platform. Even with it's strengths that reviewers mentioned the negative reviews and articles about he power issues and Kabylake-X issues were not a help for Intel, not to mention making a platform with 3 different PCI-E configuration's for any given motherboard. If they release the 9x00 series with decent stock in late 2018 then this will at least since Ryzen be the first time Intel recently followed through with a product release without issue, but as of 2017 Intel has been botching their product releases like AMD of the past not to mention having to delay releases (also something AMD was known for) while AMD on the other hand has been oddly following through with their product releases (CPU wise).

The fact that they can maneuver on their feet so well probably worries AMD. That's more of an asset than anything.

Luckily, I have one of the 300W TDP x299s though.

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
I wouldn't say it's panic mode when they can release those products a mere few months after Ryzen.
The fact that Kaby Lake was a "paper launch" much like what this launch is, I would say that Intel was scared. The 9th generation Whiskey Lake processor launch is a "paper launch", in other words.. "Hey, we have this new processor to sell but... it's not ready yet. Trust us, it'll be available soon. You can trust us. *nods head* Right? You trust us." Kaby Lake was the same thing, a "paper launch" to make us hold off on buying AMD instead. Kaby Lake may have been in the production pipeline but AMD forced Intel's hand and made them release it way sooner than Intel had hoped.

System Name RYZEN
Processor 5900X @ 4.7Ghz EK Evo Supremacy RBG
Motherboard Gigabyte Auros Elite X570
Cooling Aplhacool Monsta 360
Memory Gskill Royals RGB @ 3800Mhz 16GB
Video Card(s) RX 6800XT @ 2500 mhz core 2100mhz mem. EK Vega WaterBlock
Display(s) Acer 49 144hz Curve 1080P Monitor
Case Thermaltake G21 Dual Tempered Glass SPCC
Audio Device(s) steel series siberia elite prism
Power Supply EVGA G2 1600Watts Gold
Mouse tt sports level 10 mouse
Keyboard Logitech 710+ Mechanical keyboard
Software Windows 10

so his post bias because it doesn't a line with your own bias views, the hypocrisy is real!!

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
so his post bias because it doesn't line with your own bias views, the hypocrisy is real!!

I don't even know if "bias" is the right word for this. Some of these comments are turning veteran engineers into mere cartoon characters. Nobody lives up to that, on either side.

Processor Core i7-12700k
Motherboard Z690 Aero G D4
Cooling Custom loop water, 3x 420 Rad
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming
Storage Plextor M10P 2TB
Display(s) InnoCN 27M2V
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XT
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster AE-5 Plus
Power Supply FSP Aurum PT 1200W
I don't even know if "bias" is the right word for this. Some of these comments are turning veteran engineers into mere cartoon characters. Nobody lives up to that, on either side.
To be fair this thread really comes down to people are being quite defensive to their opinion.
But then as enthusiasts we are rather passionate about it, so it is understandable.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2

This is a fine example of playing tiddly-winks in the middle of the road trying to keep a foot on each side. Speculation is in both posts, one shows more facts than the other, and both offer an opinion from different sides of the same field. So whose post do you favor again?

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
There is a creeping advance that people are not considering. The technology limits of clock speeds on the current silicon Architectures mean AMD are catching up. Their increased market share and recent quarterly shows their business is up. Intel are undoubtedly in a good position, one they've been in for years. Problem is, the distance between them and AMD, on performance is decreasing.
That worries companies, always. If your competitor releases a new product that makes substantial performance gains on its own product stack, while your own has somewhat stagnated (arguably due to lack of competition), then you take notice.
I doubt Intel are panicking but AMD's Ryzen has visibly changed their product stack and schedule.

I can't wait to see Ryzen 2.

I just wish AMD could rattle Nvidia like they have Intel.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
I just wish AMD could rattle Nvidia like they have Intel.

I blame that on AMD fans, funnily. Not AMD themselves as much.

Here I am an Intel CPU user, but I have a Vega.. I certainly like it. Why? Freesync. I don't look at it as just GPU vs GPU any longer.

Low quality post by RejZoR
Is so funny how ppl on tpu bash Intel so much and make it seem like Intel is failing big time right now. Then I go to amazon and the best seller is a 8700k and they still have the cpu with better performance on most applications, better ram compability, less bios problems etc etc

Is laughable really xD

It's a best seller because of idiots mostly who buy Intel no matter what. The same sort of people who asked me why I haven't bought Pentium 4 during AMD's Athlon XP golden era...

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I blame that on AMD fans, funnily. Not AMD themselves as much.

Here I am an Intel CPU user, but I have a Vega.. I certainly like it. Why? Freesync. I don't look at it as just GPU vs GPU any longer.

How so? The fans didn't buy ATI, they didn't design GCN, and they certainly didn't ask AMD to keep pushing that architecture into oblivion. It has not been a profitable architecture even for one millisecond of its existence; the best it could do was break even, and only during its peak and the recent cryptocurrency demand, a workload it was never designed for... Quite similar to Bulldozer on the CPU side. AMD has played the brute force game in a time when its competitors (both CPU and GPU!) and the entire marketplace was pushing for efficiency and optimization. AMD really owes its position to itself and itself alone. And it only needs design wins to get back in the game, eg Ryzen.

Maybe I'm wrong but since when are you moderating? And even if you're not, your post history and your take on other people's style of posting really don't go together well. Just stop... please

Last edited:
System Name Bay2- Lowerbay/ HP 3770/T3500-2+T3500-3+T3500-4/ Opti-Con/Orange/White/Grey
Processor i3 2120's/ i7 3770/ x5670's/ i5 2400/Ryzen 2700/Ryzen 2700/R7 3700x
Motherboard HP UltraSlim's/ HP mid size/ Dell T3500 workstation's/ Dell 390/B450 AorusM/B450 AorusM/B550 AorusM
Cooling All stock coolers/Grey has an H-60
Memory 2GB/ 4GB/ 12 GB 3 chan/ 4GB sammy/T-Force 16GB 3200/XPG 16GB 3000/Ballistic 3600 16GB
Video Card(s) HD2000's/ HD 2000/ 1 MSI GT710,2x MSI R7 240's/ HD4000/ Red Dragon 580/Sapphire 580/Sapphire 580
Storage ?HDD's/ 500 GB-er's/ 500 GB/2.5 Samsung 500GB HDD+WD Black 1TB/ WD Black 500GB M.2/Corsair MP600 M.2
Display(s) 1920x1080/ ViewSonic VX24568 between the rest/1080p TV-Grey
Case HP 8200 UltraSlim's/ HP 8200 mid tower/Dell T3500's/ Dell 390/SilverStone Kublai KL06/NZXT H510 W x2
Audio Device(s) Sonic Master/ onboard's/ Beeper's!
Power Supply 19.5 volt bricks/ Dell PSU/ 525W sumptin/ same/Seasonic 750 80+Gold/EVGA 500 80+/Antec 650 80+Gold
Mouse cheap GigaWire930, CMStorm Havoc + Logitech M510 wireless/iGear usb x2/MX 900 wireless kit 4 Grey
Keyboard Dynex, 2 no name, SYX and a Logitech. All full sized and USB. MX900 kit for Grey
Software Mint 18 Sylvia/ Opti-Con Mint KDE/ T3500's on Kubuntu/HP 3770 is Win 10/Win 10 Pro/Win 10 Pro/Win10
Benchmark Scores World Community Grid is my benchmark!!
I am happy for AMD, they have become relevant, again. Call me a fanboy, if you will, but I have an i5 laptop, 3 i3's an optiplex i5 (in the process, slowly, of upgrading it to an i7), just got an T3500 workstation with a Xeon x5670 and I have an A10 AMD build waiting for a GPU and some memory and an SSD. I have more builds than money, right now.

Anyway, I like Ryzen and ThreadRipper. In a couple years, I will probably buy a system used or build one w/ used parts. I can't afford the bleeding edge, even with the attractive prices AMD offers. Which is sad, but has made me find some decent deals on stuff to augment my crunching farm.

WCG, it seems is my only means to help improve this world, lacking millions of dollars to throw at worthy causes, running a small farm crunching gives me a form of satisfaction, that I AM doing something. TPU helped me get started and has helped me in many ways.

These debates can be entertaining, and sometimes petty, but also informative.
I like AMD, I started computing on a Duron, Socket A. I ran that thing for years, in one form or another, and loved it. I had a mobile chip in that system running 1GHz before Intel had anything that fast, on air, and not so hot. So, there's my bias, I was born, so to speak, on that side of the river, so to speak. I moved around seen the sights but always liked AMD, and I am happy for them now.
[/rant]
:lovetpu:

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
How so? The fans didn't buy ATI, they didn't design GCN, and they certainly didn't ask AMD to keep pushing that architecture into oblivion.

Your very words answer my question. That they think it's in "oblivion" doesn't make them the best advocates. That and they seemingly don't realize how beneficial Freesync is themselves. They're just concerned about raw numbers and "winning". Not actually playing anything apparently.

Is so funny how ppl on tpu bash Intel so much and make it seem like Intel is failing big time right now. Then I go to amazon and the best seller is a 8700k and they still have the cpu with better performance on most applications, better ram compability, less bios problems etc etc

Is laughable really xD
And only the best selling CPU counts, right? Then you check the top20 CPUs and you see that 13/20 is AMD on German Amazon, 10/20 is AMD on US Amazon and 10/20 is AMD on UK Amazon. Next check TPUp's voting with 26000 votes: nearly the same % of CPU owners have the 1,5 generation of Zens as the last 3 generations of Intel CPUs (26-29%), and the rest is ones sticking with IB/SB/Haswell/other CPUs which means most of those owners will probably change CPUs in the upcoming 1-3 years and they can easily choose AMD next time.

It must also be accidental that Intel raises core count in their generation after the release of the Zen series. Maybe they knew what Zens are capable of in terms of nearly reaching gaming performance of Intel's and getting better performance/dollar ratio than Intel's? :)

So continue laughing, we laugh at you too.

Processor i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/Gen 3
Cooling ZeroTherm FZ120
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 6G Gaming X
Storage Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Display(s) Samsung PX2370 + Acer AL1717
Case Antec 1200 v1
Audio Device(s) aune x1s
Power Supply Enermax Modu87+ 800W
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Qpad MK80
It's a best seller because of idiots mostly who buy Intel no matter what. The same sort of people who asked me why I haven't bought Pentium 4 during AMD's Athlon XP golden era...

Yeah you changed so much: Once an idiot that bought intel products - now an enlightened person who buys AMD products. It's so clear i don't understand how people can't get this.
You're right, it the same old story after all, intel is bad, ugly and the steal money, AMD is good, nice, and do charity.

System Name Coffeelake the Zen Destroyer
Processor 8700K @5.1GHz
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA
Cooling Cooled by EK
Memory RGB DDR4 4133MHz CL17-17-17-37
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti to future GTX 1180Ti
Storage SAMSUNG 960 PRO 512GB
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG27VQ to ROG SWIFT PG35VQ
Case Cooler Master HAF X Nvidia Edition
Audio Device(s) Logitech
Power Supply COOLER MASTER 1KW Gold
Mouse LOGITECH Gaming
Keyboard Logitech Gaming
Software MICROSOFT Redstone 4
Benchmark Scores Cine Bench 15 single performance 222
I'm a PC Gamer!

I built 8700K RIG November 2017

The 8700K is the fast PC gaming CPU of 2017..... All reviews are available with 8700K vs 1800X. I was sold by all winning 8700K gaming scores.

Same thing going to happen this year! ((Guaranteed)) the 9900K will be the best PC gaming CPU for 2018! 9700K is second then 2700X in 3rd place depending on if theirs an 2800X.

Why are people still arguing about performance?

Same thing will happen again October 2019 with 10nm+ Icelake will woop 7nm Ryzen 3000 no problem. Intel had 4 years for new Icelake architecture.

Intel worth $200 Billion
AMD worth $4 Billion

Who has to try very hard?

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
14th? Not a coincidence when Threadripper 2 is launching 13th. Intel trying to steal some thunder even without real products on shelves. Weak.
Bad mouths are saying that AMD is also going to do a paper launch too, so this will be interesting ...

Yeah you changed so much: Once an idiot that bought intel products - now an enlightened person who buys AMD products. It's so clear i don't understand how people can't get this.
You're right, it the same old story after all, intel is bad, ugly and the steal money, AMD is good, nice, and do charity.

AMD for one is not playing dirty tactics, unlike Intel. So, yeah, that's kinda true.

I'm a PC Gamer!

I built 8700K RIG November 2017

The 8700K is the fast PC gaming CPU of 2017..... All reviews are available with 8700K vs 1800X. I was sold by all winning 8700K gaming scores.

Same thing going to happen this year! ((Guaranteed)) the 9900K will be the best PC gaming CPU for 2018! 9700K is second then 2700X in 3rd place depending on if theirs an 2800X.

Why are people still arguing about performance?

Same thing will happen again October 2019 with 10nm+ Icelake will woop 7nm Ryzen 3000 no problem. Intel had 4 years for new Icelake architecture.

Intel worth $200 Billion
AMD worth $4 Billion

Who has to try very hard?
If all you do is game and you game at 1080p (+144Hz or 240Hz) then yes 8700K is hands down the fastest.

The moment you go for 1440p or 4K and the gap pretty much vanishes between 8700K and Ryzen7 because you will be GPU bottlenecked at high resolutions.

9900K will be fastest but not for long. Maybe 6 months or so until AMD releases Zen 2 base 3700X or whatever they decide to call it. Likely it will be 12 or even 16 core CPU with IPC that's on par with Intel's.

10nm+ performance is currently anyone's guess. Considering the troubles Intel has had with it i have a hard time believing first gen 10nm part will outperform their 4th 14nm iteration. It will be a better architecture no doubt but lower clock speeds. I think it's better to prepare yourself for the eventuality that Core architecture is at the end of the road. It debuted in 2006 with Conroe and has reigned supreme for 12 years but all good things eventually come to and end. It is definitely showing it's age now that IPC improvements based on architecture have all but stopped and constant security issues pop up that affect it more than Zen.
Bad mouths are saying that AMD is also going to do a paper launch too, so this will be interesting ...
Unlikely. We already have retail packaging and results pop up every week now.

System Name Coffeelake the Zen Destroyer
Processor 8700K @5.1GHz
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA
Cooling Cooled by EK
Memory RGB DDR4 4133MHz CL17-17-17-37
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti to future GTX 1180Ti
Storage SAMSUNG 960 PRO 512GB
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG27VQ to ROG SWIFT PG35VQ
Case Cooler Master HAF X Nvidia Edition
Audio Device(s) Logitech
Power Supply COOLER MASTER 1KW Gold
Mouse LOGITECH Gaming
Keyboard Logitech Gaming
Software MICROSOFT Redstone 4
Benchmark Scores Cine Bench 15 single performance 222
If all you do is game and you game at 1080p (+144Hz or 240Hz) then yes 8700K is hands down the fastest.

The moment you go for 1440p or 4K and the gap pretty much vanishes between 8700K and Ryzen7 because you will be GPU bottlenecked at high resolutions.

9900K will be fastest but not for long. Maybe 6 months or so until AMD releases Zen 2 base 3700X or whatever they decide to call it. Likely it will be 12 or even 16 core CPU with IPC that's on par with Intel's.

10nm+ performance is currently anyone's guess. Considering the troubles Intel has had with it i have a hard time believing first gen 10nm part will outperform their 4th 14nm iteration. It will be a better architecture no doubt but lower clock speeds. I think it's better to prepare yourself for the eventuality that Core architecture is at the end of the road. It debuted in 2006 with Conroe and has reigned supreme for 12 years but all good things eventually come to and end. It is definitely showing it's age now that IPC improvements based on architecture have all but stopped and constant security issues pop up that affect it more than Zen.

First I game @1440p and second no one is gaming @4K/60Hz because you need minimum 1080Ti 11GB SLI and doubt there is very many people running that configuration. Since one 1080Ti has a very hard time running 4K/60Hz ... Most games are only 50fps to 55fps slid show for first person gaming. FC5 Ultra mode perfect example.

The other error in your statement is you said "Intel first generation 10nm" If you know what Intel is doing you would have not said anything. October 2019 Intel is releasing new architecture called Icelake made on 10nm+ "Second Generation 10nm" as for Zen 2 on first generation 7nm!

As I said before the fastest CPUs year to year!

8700K the fastest 2017
9900K the fastest 2018
Icelake will out perform Zen 2 in 2019.

The way I look at it is Zen supposed to be brand new killer architecture? Yet like you said has a hard time dealing with "Intel older outdated architecture?"

At the end of the day old Intel has superior IPC with 1GHz+ o/c capabilities with all cores no problems.