• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DeepCool Announces Gamer Storm Castle 360EX White CPU Cooler

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Deepcool is a company established with the vision - to provide the finest PC DIY solution for the worldwide customers by constantly seeking innovative breakthroughs. Rooted in its success in the previous AIO liquid coolers, today Deepcool launches Castle 360EX in white version -- CASTLE 360EX WHITE. CASTLE 360EX WHITE is equipped with Deepcool's exclusive Anti-leak Technology. The technology helps the system achieve automated pressure balance, which will significantly improve operation safety of AIO liquid cooling systems.

Stronger Motor
Driven by a 3-phase, x-life motor, and a pressure charging impeller, CASTLE 360EX WHITE's pump is more powerful yet more quiet.

More Efficient Flow
With 25% more skived fins on backside of the copper base, the heat absorption area is extensively increased.

With more rounded corners implemented into its design, the upgraded double chamber has optimized flow route and increased heat exchange efficiency.

Best Matching Fans
Specially tuned TF120 S fans are included in matching the radiator's properties. The fans are also equipped with patented two-layer fan blades and flow-amplifying & noise-canceling frames.

Customizable Logo
The logo is upside down? Simply twist off the pump cap, adjust (4 directions available) and attach it back on! Want to change the logo? An extra logo chip is included. Enjoy the luxury of buying or making your favorite logo!

Addressable RGB
Equipped with a mirror finish, immersive lighting and infinitive visual effects,CASTLE 360EX WHITE inherited its familial fabulous appearance. Its Addressable RGB lighting is adjustable through the 5 V motherboard SYNC function or through an included controller.

Extensive Compatibility
With an ultra large copper base, the cooler is compatible with all mainstream CPU platforms, including the TR4.It's smaller in size, therefore can be installed in any direction.

MSRP:
CASTLE 360EX WHITE: 169.99 USD/159.99 EUR/149.99 GBP. Available in October, 2019.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Fans should'v been white

So should the rad & hoses & fittings etc......

IMHO this is FALSE advertising in the truest sense of the word, and they should be banned from selling something being marketed as "white" when in fact it is NOT 100% white....

System Name Daves
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard AsRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III 360
Memory 32 GiG Team Group B Die 3600
Video Card(s) Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
Storage Crucial MX 500 SSD and Intel P660 NVME 2TB for games
Display(s) Acer 144htz 27in. 2560x1440
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair RM 750
Mouse EVGA
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro
So should the rad & hoses & fittings etc......

IMHO this is FALSE advertising in the truest sense of the word, and they should be banned from selling something being marketed as "white" when in fact it is NOT 100% white....
BANNED?
So lets ban Intel, AMD, CORSAIR and all the rest too. :shadedshu:

Motherboard AZW SEI
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Power Supply 65w brick
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
BANNED? So lets ban Intel, AMD, CORSAIR and all the rest too. :shadedshu:

If the shoe fits, then just wear it......hehehe.....

If that means every company that makes computer parts gets zinged for being dishonest/misleading in their product descriptions/names etc, then I'm fine with that.....

But my point was that "truth in advertising" should be applied/enforced in these instances.....

If I wanted to buy a "white" cooler (or other parts) with black trim/accents, this one would fit that bill exactly. However, that also means that if I were searching for a truly "white" cooler (or other parts), this one would NOT be acceptable.....

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
I don't understand the only parts that are not white are the fans. So what if the blades are black. These have always been like that

Processor FX-8350 @4.6
Motherboard MSI 970A Gaming
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx 400
Memory 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) RX-570 4GB
Storage 120GB SSD + 2x 1TB Barracuda's
Display(s) Asus 24" 1080p
Case Custom vintage wooden crate
Audio Device(s) Neewer N700 mic + Edifier 2.1 speakers + Steelseries Siberia V2
Power Supply Cooler Master V650
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Corsair K70 w/ MX-reds
Software Windows 10
All you have to do is look at the product and you can see it's not completely white, but mostly. There are plenty of "white" themed products that aren't entirely white. If that's not what you want, buy something else. Simple. No need to flip out on the company for "false advertising" (which this is not, btw). This is their white version of this cooler - it doesn't say "all white" or "entirely white".

Motherboard AZW SEI
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Power Supply 65w brick
Benchmark Scores PDQ
All you have to do is look at the product and you can see it's not completely white, but mostly. There are plenty of "white" themed products that aren't entirely white. If that's not what you want, buy something else. Simple. No need to flip out on the company for "false advertising" (which this is not, btw). This is their white version of this cooler - it doesn't say "all white" or "entirely white".

So, you believe companies should just be allowed to say anything they want in the product's descriptions, but not have to be 100% truthful AND accurate about what they are actually selling ?

So, following this logic, you would not care if you bought some milk that was labeled as being "Fat-Free" , but then discovered that it actually contained 10% Fat....... or pay for a car that was advertising and sold as having a 400HP engine, only to pop the hood and find a 200HP engine.......

That, my friend, IS false advertising, plain & simple, by any moral and/or legal definition :)

Arct1c0n

My first and last watercooled CPU was back in 2002 from a kit made by "Danger Den" And if you know what im talking about, that ages us both.

Anyway, my 4790k mobo killed itself and I couldn't find justification to buy another same asus mobo off ebay for prices, so I built a new 9700k rig and decided I was really sick of having these huge ass brick HSF on my CPU's, I wanted to do something different with my last pre-marriage gaming build

Really loved the look of the Captain series from Deepcool as all the corsair/Asetek clones are so freaking boring and same looking. Once I saw they had a white one of the RGB captain model, I jumped all over it. I freaking love how I can actually see the rest of my components instead of a huge ass aluminum brick in my face that i've been used to for over a decade. Also decided to try AIO cooled GPU as well.

I"ll never go back to air cooling again

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
I don't see the big deal but I guess everything isn't 'all-white' with this cooler. :laugh:

I don't see the big deal with whether the whole thing is *completely* white or not. To me it's generally not going in anything but a white themed build looking like that, where it could look pretty nice. The black is more like an accent. Meaning yes, it's still white. Just not all-white. They never said it was, though. Often we designate color by the most prominent one. In this case that color is white. So even though there's some black on it, too, we still call it 'white' simply because it's less awkward than white/black. And fortunately the info given doesn't stop at the description, so you can determine easily whether this cooler is exactly what you want in a white cooler or not. How this can be considered a false representation is beyond me. They're not trying very hard to hide the fact that it's got some black showing off all of those hi-res CG renders!

So it doesn't even matter. You can just look at the thing and see what color it is. The thing's not going to be in some list-form catalog. You're going to hard-pressed to not see a picture of it before you buy. And it's not like they're trying to pull one over on you lol. "We'll tell them it's white, when really it's got some black on it, too, so all of the white build people will buy em up and we'll make so much more money! Let the retailers eat the returns! We'll give them NOTHING. *rubs hands together* :pimp:" If that's false advertising, it's a pretty crappy attempt. Like, why even? What are they getting out of that? And who's the idiot falling for it? They could make the whole thing white and sell just as many, at no extra cost to them. They instead chose to accent their white cooler with black, which is super-common these days. A lot of people are doing white builds with a little something else thrown in to balance it out. And funnily enough, we still call those white builds, even though they have other colors.

With the whole false advertising thing... I keep picturing somebody buying this this thing and freaking out that they've been duped, like somehow they didn't know what it looked like before they bought it. That's pretty funny to me. There's no way that's a real person. I don't think I could hold back the laughter if that ever actually happened.

It's just such a weirdly nitpicky thing to get all morally obtuse over. It's harmless. I really don't think they're trying to trick anyone. If something like this is fooling you, ya might need yer head checked!

Last edited:
Processor FX-8350 @4.6
Motherboard MSI 970A Gaming
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx 400
Memory 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) RX-570 4GB
Storage 120GB SSD + 2x 1TB Barracuda's
Display(s) Asus 24" 1080p
Case Custom vintage wooden crate
Audio Device(s) Neewer N700 mic + Edifier 2.1 speakers + Steelseries Siberia V2
Power Supply Cooler Master V650
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Corsair K70 w/ MX-reds
Software Windows 10
So, you believe companies should just be allowed to say anything they want in the product's descriptions, but not have to be 100% truthful AND accurate about what they are actually selling ?

So, following this logic, you would not care if you bought some milk that was labeled as being "Fat-Free" , but then discovered that it actually contained 10% Fat....... or pay for a car that was advertising and sold as having a 400HP engine, only to pop the hood and find a 200HP engine.......

That, my friend, IS false advertising, plain & simple, by any moral and/or legal definition :)

No, not what I believe at all. You're way over-thinking this and making something of nothing. It's a white-themed product. A white version. And it's mostly white with accents - which most companies do with their white-themed products as well, and advertise as such by the imaging and promotional media they put out about such products. It's not advertised as "all white" or "pure white".

This is not the same as those examples you gave. You can't see the fat in the milk, where as you can see this product as it is on the box, plain & simple. You know what you're getting here. If you don't like it, buy something else.

If it was shown on the box as being absolutely all-white, fans and all, but then has black accents and fans when you open the box, THAT is false advertising.

Why OH Why don't reviewers take apart the Heatsink to show what we all want to see - the machining on the copper water block.
Waiting.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Anyone also read Deepcool as Deadpool all the time? Really messes with my head.

CPU fitting seems way too big IMO.