• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Revises RX 5700-series TUF Gaming with Axial Tech Fans and New Heatsink Underneath

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ASUS today rolled out the TUG Gaming X3 Radeon RX 5700-series EVO graphics cards. These include the SKUs "TUF 3-RX5700-O8G-EVO-GAMING" for the RX 5700, and "TUF 3-RX5700XT-O8G-EVO-GAMING" for the RX 5700 XT. The two cards feature certain design tweaks over the original TUF Gaming RX 5700-series graphics cards that were criticized by tech reviewers for bad cooling performance. The updated TUF Gaming EVO cards feature an entirely different aluminium fin-stack heatsink from the one in the original TUF Gaming cards, which offers better contact with the various hot components on the PCB.

ASUS also updated the ventilation of the cooler, with three Axial-Tech fans replacing the conventional fans on the original. These fans feature impellers that are webbed at the edges, so air is guided axially (through the heatsink), and some of it isn't bled laterally. The fan in the center is slightly smaller than the ones on its sides. Clock speeds are unchanged between the two revisions, with up to 1720 MHz game clocks and up to 1750 MHz boost clocks for the RX 5700 model, and up to 1795 game clocks and up to 1905 MHz boost clocks for the RX 5700 XT model. Both cards feature a software-based "OC mode" that dials up clock-speeds by roughly 70 MHz. ASUS will replace the original TUF Gaming with the new EVO cards at current prices.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Good. Now send Steve the new one. Hopefully this fixes the known problems.

Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI B450M Gaming Plus
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Bykski N-GV1080TIG1-X (Gigabyte 1080TI Turbo) [280mm front, 240mm top, 120mm back]
Memory 16GiB 3600Mhz CL16 Patriot Viper
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti Turbo
Storage 4TiB Seagate Baracuda + 256 GiB Samsung 970 Evo Plus (StoreMI) & 500GiB Intenso SSD
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CR
Case CoolerMaster NR600
Power Supply Seagate Focus Plus 650 Watt GOLD
Mouse Sharkoon SHARK Force
Keyboard ReIDEA KM06
So... they made the screws shorter and added new fans?

Why even buy the 5700XT if it were Sapphire/Powercolor? Countless driver issues, improper VR support, absence of anything remotely competitive with NVENC, no CUDA, no dedicated RT/tensor cores (as if their presence is a negative for a consumer), no VRR, broader developer support and somehow still better thermals and efficiency on a much older process

Embarassing. Pretty much pro-AMD sentiment or linux users hoping to justify a purchase via mesa

Last edited:
System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
The 5700xt has the same problem. I wonder what would the 5700XT be like with the new solution. I'm surely curious how will these tweaks work with the cards. The TUF wasn't bad but the mounting was crap. Wonder if there's any chance that this solution would be even better?

Why even buy the 5700XT if it were Sapphire/Powercolor? Countless driver issues, improper VR support, absence of anything remotely competitive with NVENC, no CUDA, no dedicated RT/tensor cores (as if their presence as a negative for a consumer), no VRR, broader developer support and somehow still better thermals and efficiency on a much older process

Embarassing. Pretty much pro-AMD sentiment or linux users hoping to justify a purchase via mesa
This is not NV why would this have tensor or CUDA? Driver issues? You've got a serious driver issue in your head. You go on and on like a broken record. Stop your rumble man cause nobody is listening and all you do is spam threads you've got nothing to say about.

Last edited:
System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Why even buy the 5700XT if it were Sapphire/Powercolor? Countless driver issues, improper VR support, absence of anything remotely competitive with NVENC, no CUDA, no dedicated RT/tensor cores (as if their presence is a negative for a consumer), no VRR, broader developer support and somehow still better thermals and efficiency on a much older process

rDNA 1.0 doesnt have dedicated RT hrdware, rDNA 2 will have it. Would you prefer worthless first gen tech being stapled on with higher costs attatched instead? Few games have RT, and those that do often either dont work properly or suck in terms of graphical improvement. AMD's implementation also promises to be better integrated then nvidia's "just staple cores on and hope it works" design.

CUDA is nvidia proprietary, not sure why you would expect it on an AMD card.

VRR? You know Freesync has been a thing for years, right?

This is not NV why would this have tensor or CUDA? Driver issues? You've got a serious driver issue in your head. You go on and on like a broken record. Stop your rumble man cause nobody is listening and all you do is spam threads you've got nothing to say about.
To be fair, Navi has had driver stability issues, and the stuttering and freesync problems are still an issue 6+ months after launch. AMD was doing really well for a while there, but their team fell assleep at the wheel onc ethey had ironed out all of GCNs bugs and dropped the ball on navi. It not as bad as he claims, but Navi isnt as stable as GCN releases were the last few years, and it is negatively reflecting on RTG.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
To be fair, Navi has had driver stability issues, and the stuttering and freesync problems are still an issue 6+ months after launch. AMD was doing really well for a while there, but their team fell assleep at the wheel onc ethey had ironed out all of GCNs bugs and dropped the ball on navi. It not as bad as he claims, but Navi isnt as stable as GCN releases were the last few years, and it is negatively reflecting on RTG.
I'm not so sure about this. Tweaks in certain games, are released with the new driver but you can't call it a driver issue (severe driver issue because games are acting strangely) I don't poses a rx 5700XT but my friends do and they haven't said anything about driver issues in general. Besides, AMD is releasing the drivers frequently with fixes and that is mostly for specific games. So I kinda disagree with driver issues in general.

rDNA 1.0 doesnt have dedicated RT hrdware, rDNA 2 will have it. Would you prefer worthless first gen tech being stapled on with higher costs attatched instead? Few games have RT, and those that do often either dont work properly or suck in terms of graphical improvement. AMD's implementation also promises to be better integrated then nvidia's "just staple cores on and hope it works" design.

CUDA is nvidia proprietary, not sure why you would expect it on an AMD card.

VRR? You know Freesync has been a thing for years, right?
Save it bro :) That man is weird as is. He's not here to discuss anything and you see what he's writing? claiming that AMD doesn't have CUDA, Tensore cores or VRR is a fail for the company is just stupid.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
I'm not so sure about this. Tweaks in certain games, are released with the new driver but you can't call it a driver issue (severe driver issue because games are acting strangely) I don't poses a rx 5700XT but my friends do and they haven't said anything about driver issues in general. Besides, AMD is releasing the drivers frequently with fixes and that is mostly for specific games. So I kinda disagree with driver issues in general.
You are free to disagree, but your friends not having issues doesnt mean they dont exist. There were users that didnt have the nvidia chrome crash bug, users who didnt have stuttering issues with AMD before the days of FCAT testing. AMD releasing fixes for certian games =! there are not major issues with their drivers for some users. There have been enough complaints about AMD stuttering and freesync bugs that I believe they are still issues. The fact that none of the recent driver updates have specified these fixes would indicate to me they have not been fixed yet, and they would give me pause before investing in a big navi chip, should one ever bother to release before ampere comes out.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
You are free to disagree, but your friends not having issues doesnt mean they dont exist. There were users that didnt have the nvidia chrome crash bug, users who didnt have stuttering issues with AMD before the days of FCAT testing. AMD releasing fixes for certian games =! there are not major issues with their drivers for some users. There have been enough complaints about AMD stuttering and freesync bugs that I believe they are still issues. The fact that none of the recent driver updates have specified these fixes would indicate to me they have not been fixed yet, and they would give me pause before investing in a big navi chip, should one ever bother to release before ampere comes out.
I agree with you. But since you said the issues are with the drivers and my friends don't experience any, is it justified to say they are globally driver issues or just certain issues with given game? I'm not saying the issues aren't there but I think you have generalized these "issues" to a degree I need to disagree. Sure stuttering and fresync bugs is an issue. Not all games have that issue and you can be sure of that.
I want to go big Navi but just like you I'd rather wait. The release of Big Navi has nothing to do with NV future releases. NV has it's own plan of new GPUs etc. Besides big navi, RDNA2 is going to be different than RDNA. Maybe this NAVI is a trial run? Eliminate problems and see how it goes? Some sort of test before big navi. I don't know but it would seem so. I can tell for sure you put everything into one basket.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps

I bought my Sapphire 5700 XT for the price to performance. I don't stream so no use for NVENC, don't play VR, and RTRT isn't an interest of mine. I wanted a GPU capable of high refresh rate 1440p gameplay, and wanted to make sure I got a significant upgrade from my RX 580. While the 2070S does perform objectively better, the difference in price was too great and performance gap too small in my opinion to warrant extending my GPU budget another 20%. I have only had minor driver issues thus far (undervolt/fan curve profile not sticking, and the occasional display freeze which is easily rectified by turning my monitors on and off), and I see that AMD is focused on improving the drivers and am confident that they will continue to improve. I am happy to accept a few issues here and there and a touch less performance to keep $100 in my wallet.

The revision looks nice; much closer to the design of ASUS' 2080 Ti Matrix.

Here's hoping they consider just using that newer fan design across all their card stack, both AMD and NVIDIA (and Intel if/when they get a working GPU out), now that they've ported the fan design over from the Matrix.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64

For someone who clearly does not think much of, or like AMD it would appear you spend most of your time in AMD related threads and news article's ………. offering little but trolling, I look forward to your next and more constructive contribution.

Cheeseball

Not a Potato
Supporter
System Name 2023 AMD Work & Gaming Rig
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming WiFi
Cooling ID-COOLING SE-207-XT Slim Snow
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 2x16GB DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB GDDR6 (MBA)
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe
Display(s) AOpen Fire Legend 24" 390Hz (25XV2Q), Alienware 34" 165Hz (AW3423DWF), LG C2 42" 120Hz (OLED42C2PUA)
Case Cooler Master Q300L V2
Audio Device(s) Kanto Audio YU2 and SUB8 Desktop Speakers and Subwoofer, Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Corsair RM850x White (2021)
Mouse Logitech Pro Superlight (White), G303 Shroud Edition
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB TKL Champion Series / Wooting 60HE / NuPhy Air75
VR HMD Occulus Quest 2 128GB
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 22H2 Build 22621.1992
I agree with you. But since you said the issues are with the drivers and my friends don't experience any, is it justified to say they are globally driver issues or just certain issues with given game? I'm not saying the issues aren't there but I think you have generalized these "issues" to a degree I need to disagree. Sure stuttering and fresync bugs is an issue. Not all games have that issue and you can be sure of that.
I want to go big Navi but just like you I'd rather wait. The release of Big Navi has nothing to do with NV future releases. NV has it's own plan of new GPUs etc. Besides big navi, RDNA2 is going to be different than RDNA. Maybe this NAVI is a trial run? Eliminate problems and see how it goes? Some sort of test before big navi. I don't know but it would seem so. I can tell for sure you put everything into one basket.

It's good both of you are taking this in stride. I myself have a reference RX 5700 XT. But I have to agree with @TheinsanegamerN that the Radeon Software issues are still detrimental to the overall Radeon experience. Like your friends, I'm not experiencing any major issues anymore (the last one is that certain games that I do play fail to launch because of the faulty driver, but that was addressed in the last two releases this month).

AMD already has those issues officially documented, which makes it a global (but not consistent) issue. It happens to a significant part of the Navi community, just not to the majority/everyone.

If they can bring out a big Navi that can beat a 2080 Super (or the 2080 Ti), I'll most likely get it.

Processor R9 5800x3d | R7 3900X | 4800H | 2x Xeon gold 6142
Motherboard Asrock X570M | AB350M Pro 4 | Asus Tuf A15
Cooling Air | Air | duh laptop
Memory 64gb G.skill SniperX @3600 CL16 | 128gb | 32GB | 192gb
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 |Quadro P5000 | RTX2060M
Storage Many drives
Display(s) M32Q,AOC 27" 144hz something.
Case Jonsbo D41
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse g502 Lightspeed
Keyboard G913 tkl
Software win11, proxmox
Benchmark Scores 33000FS, 16300 TS. Lappy, 7000 TS.

atleast my current amd card is working well, and the gaming cafe I set up with 30 5700's did well, I was a bit worried when they said which gpu it was.
they had two more premium boxes with 2080s and adviced for the streamers to use those in case of that.

but other than that, no issues :)

Processor Intel Core i5 4590
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 3
Cooling Intel Stock Cooler
Memory 8GiB(2x4GiB) DDR3-1600 [800MHz]
Video Card(s) XFX RX 560D 4GiB
Storage Transcend SSD370S 128GB; Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung S20D300 20" 768p TN
Case Cooler Master MasterBox E501L
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair VS450
Mouse A4Tech N-70FX
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores BaseMark GPU : 250 Point in HD 4600
Where is the photo of new heatsink?? All I am seeing is the shroud and the backplate and no sign of new heatsink. Or ASUS is selling the old as new??

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
TUG Gaming X3 Radeon RX 5700-series EVO

pretty sure they missed a word or two. :banghead:

when I see EVO, I think half length cards

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
I still don't see a point in purchasing these cards. It is rather unfortunate two years later the highest tier card AMD produces is at the level of a 1080Ti. I hope big Navi crushes...the space needs competition or it will stagnate.

Yep AMD is unfortunately late as usual. By the time they got their 1080Ti competitor out Nvidia already had Turing. And by the looks of it by the time they get their Turing competitor out Nvidia will have Ampere or whatever it ends up being called.

This is polar opposite to what is happening on the CPU side where AMD is leading and Intel is playing catchup.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
atleast my current amd card is working well, and the gaming cafe I set up with 30 5700's did well, I was a bit worried when they said which gpu it was.
they had two more premium boxes with 2080s and adviced for the streamers to use those in case of that.

but other than that, no issues :)

Let me know if you want those 5700s modded for XT stats?

Yep AMD is unfortunately late as usual. By the time they got their 1080Ti competitor out Nvidia already had Turing. And by the looks of it by the time they get their Turing competitor out Nvidia will have Ampere or whatever it ends up being called.

This is polar opposite to what is happening on the CPU side where AMD is leading and Intel is playing catchup.

Idk we are waiting on 6000 series/Navi 2 parts so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
My 5700XT has been treating me well too. I did get a greenscreen while OCing, but only myself to blame there.

Pretty sure some vendors are to blame for the "issues," being way too agressive with the voltages at idle. I wish i had more evidence to support this, but it seems plausible.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
I still don't see a point in purchasing these cards. It is rather unfortunate two years later the highest tier card AMD produces is at the level of a 1080Ti. I hope big Navi crushes...the space needs competition or it will stagnate.

Hope you are not serious or maybe I don't get what you are trying to say. Why wouldn't you buy 5700XT? It has very close performance to 2070 Super and it's cheaper. If you want to go for the best then sure AMD is not your choice but who wants to spend so much? Not a lot of people I suppose. Mid tier like 2070, 2070 super, 5700 and 5700XT are the cards, people mostly go for. The price is not that big and they do deliver good performance. The only question is would you have rather picked NV instead but that's personal preference.

Last edited:
System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121

It is so easy for people to forget that AMD is a CPU/GPU company and Nvidia is a GPU only company. Navi is actually commendable for what it is considering the 1080Ti is only slower than the 2080 Super and 2080TI.

@ Kapone32

Does not seem to stop them making great products on time on the CPU side. By your argument they should also be late at the CPU side.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
@ Kapone32

Does not seem to stop them making great products on time on the CPU side. By your argument they should also be late at the CPU side.

Well it took a whole new generation to catch up to Intel on the CPU side but Intel had not done anything new in 10 years. Nvidia on the other hand moves faster than that. For all we know though these RDNA1 cards may not be different than Zen in terms of improvements. The fact that the 5600XT is faster than the Vega 56 does show me that they are moving in the right direction though.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Hope you are not serious or maybe I don't get what you are trying to say. Why wouldn't you buy 5700XT? It has very close performance to 2070 Super and it's cheaper. If you want to go for the best then sure AMD is not your choice but who wants to spend so much? Not a lot of people I suppose. Mid tier like 2070, 2070 super, 5700 and 5700XT are the cards, people mostly go for. The price is not that big and they do deliver good performance. The only question is would you have rather picked NV instead but that's personal preference.

Performance is eclipsed by a mild OC on a 1080Ti from 2 years ago. This is not impressive to me. I wait impatiently for the higher tier cards since the 2080(ti) didn't impress me either they were only minor improvements over the 1080Ti.