• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crytek Has No Plans to Further Patch Crysis

I

indybird

I think there was an aniversary special where Crytek/ubisoft/whoever put the ISO image up on their website free for all to download. &im not talking about torrents either. it was the actual ISO file off the official site. this was a while back. not sure when it was exactly but i remember spending ages downloading it then burning it onto CD/DVD

I downloaded the in-game ads version. I'm not sure if its still around but its 100% free if you cant deal with menu ads and short commercials on the first loading screen.

-Indybird

System Name Computer MkVIII
Processor 2500K @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth P67
Cooling CPU: 212+ EVO GPU: Stock
Memory 16gb G.Skill Ares @2133mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 980 SC
Storage 1x Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
Display(s) 24" Asus VE248
Case Corsair Carbide 300R
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX-650
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Sad news, i love Crysis, one of my favourite games, some of the problems it has make for some of the funniest moments i've seen in all my gaming days :D

http://games.internode.on.net/content.php?mode=news&id=3177
(just thought i'd post this link as it seems to point out the obvious correlation between the piracy and stopping further patches and support for PC exclusive games from them)

ShadowFold

System Name The ShadowFold Draconis (Ordering soon)
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8ghz
Motherboard ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870
Cooling Stock
Memory Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) XFX ATi Radeon HD 5850 1gb
Storage Western Digital 640gb
Display(s) Acer 21.5" 5ms Full HD 1920x1080P
Case Antec Nine-Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Creative "Fatal1ty" Headset
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 650w
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Benchmark Scores -❶-❸-❸-❼-
Such babies. Alot of other devs make alot better games and they dont sell as well yet they dont give up. I love Crysis but I freaking hate Crytek. whinny babies.

Processor 7900
Motherboard Rampage Apex
Cooling H115i
Memory 64GB TridentZ 3200 14-14-14-34-1T
Video Card(s) Fury X
Case Corsair 740
Audio Device(s) 8ch LPCM via HDMI to Yamaha Z7 Receiver
Power Supply Corsair AX860
Mouse G903
Keyboard G810
Software 8.1 x64
Meh, PC gaming has been a big let down this last year.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
LMFAO! Glad i never purchased that game, just for them to dump it.

Processor Intel i5 750 @ 3.4GHz 1.0v
Motherboard Gigabyte P55 UD3R
Cooling CM Hyper 212 Plus
Memory (4 x 2GB) 8GB DDR3 // Mushkin & Patriot
Video Card(s) MSI 6950 2GB
Storage Corsair 128GB SSD
Display(s) LG 24"
Case HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2ZS
Power Supply Corsair 620HX
Software Windows 7 64 Bit
Played the demo but it never really got me excited.

I only hear hate comments. Wheres the love?

Anyway I have to lay the blame mainly one piracy. I'm being hypocritical but a lot of game developers are moving off the PC these days because pirated content is far more accessible. Moreover consoles mean that the game developers have limits, and will conform to them.

ShinyG

System Name My Computer
Processor Intel 2600K@4.4Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Z68
Cooling Scythe Mugen
Memory 2x4Gb
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD7850
Storage 1xA-Datat SSD 64GB; 1x WD RE3 500GB; 1x Maxtor 750GB
Display(s) Dell Ultrasharp 2005FPW
Case Antec 900 + cable management + Zalman fan ctrl
Audio Device(s) Asus XONAR DS
Power Supply Corsair 520HX
Software Win 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores I've fried plenty o' parts when not OCing. Need to start doing it again to avoid problems...
1. It's a short hyped game which and smells like a big green propaganda machine...
2. It's too short for it's money. If you do it short, put a decent story in it. Think HL2!
3. It's short, you can't play it more than once.
4. Even if it's short and you would have taught that short games at least have high quality graphics, I saw a lot of issues with the the vehicles. The way they were mapped and textured had a lot of room for improvement. I am a 3d artist and I've done vehicles for several next gen games until now so I can tell you that Crysis is under-par when it comes to the 2 (TWO!!!) cars in the game. Fixing these issues is a matter of hours for an experienced 3d artist, so having such childish errors in a AAA game that is supposed to have revolutionary graphics proves that either their QA sucks or that the publisher rushed them through development. I won't go on with this beating, I'll make the game look like it deserves less A's ;) (it does :p)
5. Did I mention it's short!?

System Name _Speedforce_ (Successor to Strike-X, 4LI3NBR33D-H, Core-iH7 & Nemesis-H)
Processor Intel Core i9 7980XE (Lapped) @ 5.2Ghz With XSPC Raystorm (Lapped)
Motherboard Asus Rampage VI Extreme (XSPC Watercooled) - Custom Heatsinks (Lapped)
Cooling XSPC Custom Water Cooling + Custom Air Cooling (From Delta 220's TFB1212GHE to Spal 30101504&5)
Memory 8x 8Gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz @ 4667Mhz (2x F4-4266C17Q-32GTZR)
Video Card(s) 3x Asus GTX1080 Ti (Lapped) With Customised EK Waterblock (Lapped) + Custom heatsinks (Lapped)
Storage 1x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB - 2280 (Hyper M.2 x16 Card), 7x Samsung 860 Pro 4Tb
Display(s) 6x Asus ROG Swift PG348Q
Case Aerocool Strike X (Modified)
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 & Aurvana XFi Headphones
Power Supply 2x Corsair AX1500i With Custom Sheilding, Custom Switching Unit. Braided Cables.
Mouse Razer Copperhead + R.A.T 9
Keyboard Ideazon Zboard + Optimus Maximus. Logitech G13.
Software w10 Pro x64.
Benchmark Scores pppft, gotta see it to believe it. . .
I checked it out, i was very very eager to get into the game.
I was even ready to get the |MOB| Clan involved.
Entered the single player realm and didnt mind too much what i saw. I realized it was just the first 2 maps and knew it would improve. All in all, its a decent looking sp game.
Multiplayer on the otherhand is nothing like sp and looks more like a ut ripoff.

Crytek have noone part themselves to blame for the outcome of Crysis because there was more then enough interest towards the game prior to its launch, probably the most hype any game has ever received.

Its a shame they are stopping support for it, but if they are planning on using their resources to build a part 2 that pays attention to real first person shooter game requirements then we should all be gratefull.

I look forward to a sequal addressing all the things that went wrong and further developing the engine.

Piracy can always be blamed for everything, and i dont think it was the case here. Everyone is willing to pay an arm and a leg for anything that is worthy!
In this case the game was shit compared to what was expected, also due to too many variables, like the technology of gfx and cpu's, the ram . . . Hell the upcomming gfx cards wont run right, we will have to await the range thereafter to play Crysis decently!

Btw: There is more pirating of console games going on then Pc games, and i dont think i need facts for that, just common sence.

Rebo&Zooty

I only hear hate comments. Wheres the love?

Anyway I have to lay the blame mainly one piracy. I'm being hypocritical but a lot of game developers are moving off the PC these days because pirated content is far more accessible. Moreover consoles mean that the game developers have limits, and will conform to them.

bullshit man, they blame piracy as a scape goat, if crysis had been made with no protection at a decent price point it would have sold like hotcakes dispite its performance sucking, fix the performance and it would sell even better.

im sick of dumbass babys blaming piracy, i know hard core pirats that went and BOUGHT oblivion for 1 reasion, IT WASNT DRM LOCKED, it didnt force paying users to crack it or uninstall USEFULL TOOLS from their system in order to beable to run it( many games have forced users to uninstall alch120%, daemontools, powerISO, and i even had one make me remove NERO because nero contains an image drive option....)

look at stardock, they arent worrieing about piracy, sins of a solar empire is selling insainly well, dispite that you can copy it with any software u want and pass disks around to people and still have it work.

game companys need to grow up and learn from stardock's example, make a good fun game, make it run well on ANY HARDWARE, yet on higher end hardware make it look great, then forget the STUPID POINTLESS drm, and sell the game at a reasonable price, i didnt buy crysis because after playing the demo i didnt see the VALUE in buying it, it ran poorly even on my 8800gt, it had buggs and poorly designed models/gfx in some places, it just left me feeling it was an unpolished grab for money, a way to help intel sell more quads and nvidia sell more 9800gx2/gtx cards, and even on them it dosnt run that great......

i would bet you the announcement is that they are making an expantion they plan to charge 50-60bucks for, that finnishes/extends the story and patches the game up somewhat......

but how many ppl are gonna be willing to buy it after paying so much for crysis and having seen how it performs and how the company supports it???

i wouldnt.......farcry was supperior even on relece with all its little buggs/querks, at least it was playable on decent hardware, hell i have seen it played on crappy hardware at low settings and it run smooth......try that with crysis :p

Processor AMD FX 8320 @ 4GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 rev1
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 4 x 4GB DDR3 Ripjawz 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vapor-X AMD R9 280X
Storage 1 x 500GB Samsung Evo 850, 1 x 500GB Vrap Data Drive, 3 x 2TB Seagate, 1 x 1TB Samsung F1
Display(s) 3 x DGM IPS-2402WDH
Case Coolermaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 1000W Silent Pro M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64

Maybe they should start making decent games? Take a look at the catalogue for PC games this past year, for everyone 1 decent game there are 20 SHITE ones.

The reason the decent developers are moving off the PC platform is because consoles are so much more profitable on the games side. £30 for a brand new PC game compared to £45-50 for a brand new console game.

The PC is being used as a tech-demo platform. Biggest example being Crysis. It was a great game, but it was kind of hidden behind the engine and it's amazing graphics. It was a tech-demo to see how far they could push the PC and it's current DX9 platform, it did it's job, but the "game" failed. Regardless of what happens with Crysis, Crytek will always have a "next opportunity".

I also agree with Rebo&Zooty, DRM is the main reason for Piracy. I STILL can't get Timeshift to run because of f***ing DRM because I refuse to uninstall programs that I use on a daily basis, that and it hates x64.

I downloaded Oblivion, loved it and so went out and bought Oblivion, KoN and Shivering Isles because it didn't have any damn DRM.

I'm sure many of you remember the debacle that was Starforce? It literally killed hardware so it could stop people playing their games, I'd seen it happen twice. Now that's the real reason for piracy, no one wants to deal with all that shit.

jonmcc33

System Name BLACK
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 3.2GHz
Motherboard Abit IP35-E @ 1600FSB
Cooling Thermalright XP-90 w/92mm ADDA fan
Memory 4GB Hynix DDR2-667 @ 800MHz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon X1900XT
Storage (2) 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
Display(s) Samsung 225BW
Case Antec Nine Hundred
Audio Device(s) Audigy2 ZS Platinum
Power Supply Corsair HX520
Software Windows Vista Business x64 SP1
i prefer farcry which is a fair sight better of a game, and its only 10 bucks right now and still looks amazing

And plays like crap. Does anyone even play the MP on it anymore?

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
No sense beating a dead horse. They can only improve Crysis so much until it just gets repetitive. That engine is just too demanding to begin with. The new gfx cards should be able to handle it well but I hope they on't get any bright ideas with Farcry 2.

Maybe, but one of the patches this year was supposed to give us all the shaders that we saw in the promotional gameplay footage, and were later removed before retail release.

Possibly the new cards wouldn't be able to handle it, heh.

System Name Kincsem
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE X570S AERO G
Cooling Be Quiet Black Rock 4 Pro
Memory HyperX 128GB Fury 4×32GB 3200MHz HX432C16FB3K4/128
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD RX 7900 XT Pulse
Storage Samsung 970PRO 500GB + Samsung 980PRO 2TB + Adata SX8200 2TB + WD Ultrastar HC550 16TB
Display(s) Acer QHD 27"@144Hz 1ms + UHD 27"@60Hz
Case Cooler Master CM 690 III
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME GOLD 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Elite RGB
Software Windows 10-64
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/4d8n02 https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/g46uc
What do you wait from EA???
BUY-BUY-BUY the new games, and throw away the old games....

Megasty

Processor i7 920 @ 3.6 GHz (4.0 when gaming)
Motherboard Asus Rampage II Extreme - Yeah I Bought It...
Cooling Swiftech.
Memory 12 GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer - I Love Red
Video Card(s) ASUS EAH4870X2 - That Fan Is...!?
Storage 4 WD 1.5 TB
Display(s) 24" Sceptre
Case TT Xaser VI - Fugly, Red, & Huge...
Audio Device(s) The ASUS Thingy
Power Supply Ultra X3 1000W
Software Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit
Maybe, but one of the patches this year was supposed to give us all the shaders that we saw in the promotional gameplay footage, and were later removed before retail release.

Possibly the new cards wouldn't be able to handle it, heh.

There was always that possibility as well but they bit that in the butt. Overloading an engine to the point to where nothing can handle it is a bad idea no matter what the sitaution presents. If a game demo fecks up ppl PCs then you know that there's something wrong. The promo footage looked awesome but it was much too shader dependent - I bet if they included them on release, it wouldn't even install on most of our rigs :shadedshu

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASROCKS B450 Steel Legend
Cooling AMD Stealth
Memory 2x8gb DDR4 3200 Corsair
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage WD Black 512gb, WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake Smart
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2012
Software Windows 10 Professional
And plays like crap. Does anyone even play the MP on it anymore?

how so, game play is solid story is fun and quirky and has some humor to it. the setting is great also. Whats wrong with it?

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
I think Crysis is an "unrealistic" DX 10 game. The majority of gamers don't even bother with Crysis because it is far too demanding. To make a good DX 10 game you don't have to go out and make a game that is basically the same as a benchmark program.

So when I say unrealistic DX 10 game, I mean that Crysis is a game that most can only hope to run "perfectly" in the future.

Therefore, I think it is a good idea for them to drop this game and move on to more realistic goals and future endeavors.

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Motherboard Asrock Z790 Nova
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5-6400 @ 6600
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 Ultra FTW3
Storage 4TB WD 850x NVME, 4TB WD Black, 10TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
Display(s) 1x Samsung Odyssey G7 Neo and 1x Dell u2518d
Case Lian Li o11 DXL w/custom vented front panel
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 -> DBX DriveRack PA+ -> Mackie MR8 and MR10 / Senn PX38X -> SB AE-5 Plus
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502x
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 x64 Pro
Benchmark Scores 31k multicore Cinebench - CPU limited 125w
Bad sales, financial issues for them?
Either way, such a hyped game and already cutting down on support, that's never good for a company.

Thats true too, but wasn't the game already failing as far as sales goes?

jonmcc33

System Name BLACK
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 3.2GHz
Motherboard Abit IP35-E @ 1600FSB
Cooling Thermalright XP-90 w/92mm ADDA fan
Memory 4GB Hynix DDR2-667 @ 800MHz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon X1900XT
Storage (2) 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
Display(s) Samsung 225BW
Case Antec Nine Hundred
Audio Device(s) Audigy2 ZS Platinum
Power Supply Corsair HX520
Software Windows Vista Business x64 SP1
? - as opposed to what

Every other FPS ever made? Well, except STALKER. That game is pretty bad too.

how so, game play is solid story is fun and quirky and has some humor to it. the setting is great also. Whats wrong with it?

What does story and setting have to do with how a game plays?

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
System Name Work in progress
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Memory Crucial2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-16000
Video Card(s) CrossfireX 2 X HD 4890 1GB OCed to 1000Mhz
Storage SSD 64GB
Display(s) Envision 24'' 1920x1200
Case Using the desk ATM
Audio Device(s) Sucky onboard for now :(
Power Supply 1000W TruePower Quattro

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313

STALKER was horrible when it was released, but, TBH, with the most recent patch, and the fact that you can find STALKER for sale for $20 in stores - it's at a level where it's "worth" it.

Now, if STALKER were still selling for $45 or better, than no, even with as much as I've come to enjoy that game, and I couldn't say it would be worth it's price.

Still, on Crysis - leaving a "hotfix" is leaving an unfinished patch. That's lazy and that's BS, IMO - finish up the 1.3 patch instead of leaving the last official release as 1.21 hotfix.

As to Crysis' poor sales - I blame one thing for that . . . piracy, but wait, before someone gets on a tangent . . . I blame the Razor1911 "leaked" version that hit the torrents before we had the official release on shelves . . . and not that because it was pirated, but because so many people played it and realized how unfit their rigs were to play the game. Even the uber-1337 $5000 pre-configured gaming rigs had a hard time making it through the game without performance issues; after people saw that they coulnd't play and enjoy the game, no one wanted to buy it.

On top of that, the issues with the special edition DVDs not working right, or being scratched in the box detered many potential buyers as well

Why spend $60+ if the game won't run anywhere near decent to begin with, and you might end up with a damaged or defective disk right out of the celophane?

Processor i7 920
Motherboard EVGA X58
Cooling eight 120mm fans, Swiftech GTZ cpu block, 3 120mm radiator, MCP655 pump, primochill tubing
Memory 6 gig G-Skill DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 285's (SLI)
Storage 500GB Western Digital
Display(s) 3 Asus 23 in inchers
Case Lian Li A77B
Audio Device(s) on board 7.1
Power Supply Corsair 1000
Software win 7 64

What does story and setting have to do with how a game plays?
I liked stalker:p

System Name The Netbook
Processor Intel Atom n270
Memory 1GB DDR2 533mhz
Video Card(s) Intel G945
Storage 250GB
Display(s) 10.1" LCD
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Starter x86
I blame the Razor1911 "leaked" version that hit the torrents before we had the official release on shelves . . . and not that because it was pirated, but because so many people played it and realized how unfit their rigs were to play the game.

Blaming the poor sales on that and calling it "piracy" is retarded. If anything it saved Crytek's ass because if most people (including myself) bought the game and found out that they would get 10FPS avg on their rigs they would never buy another game from crytek again.
You can't release a game that has reasonable low "requirements" yet still plays like crap on super high end systems.

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Motherboard Asrock Z790 Nova
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5-6400 @ 6600
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 Ultra FTW3
Storage 4TB WD 850x NVME, 4TB WD Black, 10TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
Display(s) 1x Samsung Odyssey G7 Neo and 1x Dell u2518d
Case Lian Li o11 DXL w/custom vented front panel
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 -> DBX DriveRack PA+ -> Mackie MR8 and MR10 / Senn PX38X -> SB AE-5 Plus
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502x
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 x64 Pro
Benchmark Scores 31k multicore Cinebench - CPU limited 125w
It failed because everyone told their friends it sucked because they don't have a $1000 brand new computer... And make that a $2000 computer if they bought some random pre-fab.....

Honestly the game itself isn't even that good, multiplayer is okay, but its either you have a pretty good system that can play it well and you have a massive advantage over the slower systems that are lucky to play in 1024x768 at 20fps....