• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

1MORE True Wireless ANC

Inle

Staff member
System Name Efrafa
Processor Intel Core i7-5960X @ 4,3 GHz
Motherboard Asus X99 STRIX Gaming
Cooling NZXT Kraken X52
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32 GB
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 OC Edition
Storage ADATA SX8000 NVMe 512 GB + 5x Kingston HyperX Savage 512 GB
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU
Case Corsair Crystal 460X
Audio Device(s) Audiolab M-DAC
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0
Software Battlefield 1
After a successful premiere in the True Wireless Stereo (TWS) headphone market, 1MORE launched a new pair of TWS headphones. This time around, they're aiming for the very top, and they're bringing some serious firepower to the battle.

Show full review

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
I find the Sony's to fit very poorly in my ears (my partner has a pair) and as such wouldn't consider them. On the other hand, she's quite happy with them so...
The 1More's look interesting for the day when I can't get a headphone jack on a phone any more, but I'll stick to my XBA-300's for now and my WH-1000XM2's for when I travel on planes.
Oh and the Sony app isn't all that useful either and it has some real stupid things, like certain features only working with the SBC codec, for no obvious reason.

Last edited:

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
All nice and everything, but I don't see these worth 2x the asking price for the non-ANC version. (I know ANC is not the only difference.)

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
All nice and everything, but I don't see these worth 2x the asking price for the non-ANC version. (I know ANC is not the only difference.)
I do, the balanced armature. Imho they sound so much better than diaphragm speakers.
That's why I'm sticking to wired for as long as I can.

System Name RaceBox (w/ Moza R5 Bundle)
Processor Intel Core i5-12400F
Motherboard Asus PRIME B660-PLUS D4
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 2x32GB Kingston FURY Renegade 3600Mhz CL18
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080
Storage Intel 600p 256GB / 2TB SSD/HDD
Display(s) AOC G2590FX
Case Phanteks Eclipse P400
Audio Device(s) M-Audio BX8 D3s / HD 58X Jubilee | MDR-7506| KZ ZS10 Pro
Power Supply Seasonic B12 BC-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Ducky One 2 Horizon TKL
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores Fire Strike Ext: 19471 Time Spy Ext: 7611 Port Royal: 11586 CB 2024 GPU: 11743 CB 2024 MC CPU: 636
Frequency response graph would be awesome

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
I do, the balanced armature. Imho they sound so much better than diaphragm speakers.
That's why I'm sticking to wired for as long as I can.
Yeah, well, when I'm on the go, I really, really don't care about HiFi. If I can make a phone call, I'm good.
And I tested, when properly sealed these things (i.e. my non-ANC version) output better sound than I expected, even in the bass range. Do I hear that while commuting on the public transit? Not a chance.

But asked and answered, there are reasons you'd pay 2x for these.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yeah, well, when I'm on the go, I really, really don't care about HiFi. If I can make a phone call, I'm good.
And I tested, when properly sealed these things (i.e. my non-ANC version) output better sound than I expected, even in the bass range. Do I hear that while commuting on the public transit? Not a chance.

But asked and answered, there are reasons you'd pay 2x for these.
I use my XBA-300's on public transport and out in public and they work very well in both instances and I still have much better audio quality coming out of them than any other in-ears I've ever owned. I got them for a steal, as I guess they're now an "old" model. I didn't expect them to be as good as they are, which turned out to be a nice surprise.

The other obvious problem with Bluetooth headphones is that they have very limited bandwidth for audio. Hopefully we'll see some Bluetooth 5 products take advantage of the added bandwidth offered, but I guess that will draw more power as well, so I have no high hope. AptX or LDAC might improve things a bit, but it's still not as good as a wired connection imho.

Reactions: bug

paulso0037

I've bought it recently and spent some time using it for a conference call and music during transit. So far so good in noise cancellation, sound quality, and call clarity. The only thing disappointing is the battery life, max 3.5 hr without anc compared to said 6 hr. That is probably due to connection using TWS instead of TWS plus which results at battery out for 1 side while the other still got 40%. Even with S10, equipped with 855 CPU, TWS plus is not available. Hopefully, they can fix this bug soon.

Subhunter

I got these when I saw them for $130 canadian instead of the usual $250 since my Treblab X5's were starting to enter their last days after 3 years of almost daily use (not bad!)... I had nothing to lose and had considered them as a more than worthy replacement for many months already... Reviews were either hot or cold and dependant on the latest firmware so I had to find out for myself... I like hybrid IEMs but quality single drivers offer a certain consistency too ((beryllium baby!)... I'm really happy with these, especially since the day after I ordered them on the whim the price actually went up to $270!

ANC mayble slightly underperforms Sony and Apple ANC TWS, but it works and is noticeable... Of course, the ANC levels on any TWS buds can't compete with over-ear top tier ANC headphones.

Comfort is relatively good. I haven't worked out with them yet but I could always use my X5's if ever the 1More's don't cut it. They definitely pass the head shake test though. There is a very slight hiss sound when no music is playing and ANC is on... I have never found this to be a problem when actually needing ANC while listening to music though and it's always possible to lower the ANC level where these is less hiss... There is still a very slight elevation to the lower frequencies when activating ANC even with the latest THX firmware, but again, I've always appreciated a bass bump when commuting, usually by the ways of EQ on my X5's and I don't necessarily consider myself a basshead...

I'm faithful to foam tips, but found that they didn't work too great with the 1Mores unfortunately... Fit, comfort and isolation were better (for me at least), but as foam tips tend to calm highs and give some oomph to lows, with already generous lows, the sound became less enjoyable to me so I went back to the stock silicone tips (very rare for me to use silicone tips).

Yeah, I just took them out of the case and they didn't pair immediately but I'm used to this with my Treblab X5's so the rare times it happens, it's perfectly acceptable to me. I also found it a little tricky at first to double tap through the ANC modes (a specific timing, tap location and force seem to help), which unfortunately wasn't necessary remedied by the 1More app taking a considerable amount of time pairing to the earbuds or not at all at times... At least when the app does pair, it stays paired. Worst case scenario isn't that bad, I just need to take out an ear bud which is often quicker and more reliable in any case and the auto stop/start addresses any need that would require me to pull out my phone when wanting to speak to a cashier briefly or something. I also prefer physical buttons and am glad there is one per earbud on top of the double tapping possibility for ANC modes. I find that it's more comfortable and reliable to hold the ear bud with thumb and middle finger and double tapping with the index... If you don't hold it while tapping, the impacts are a little harder on the ear.

The sound signature and soundstage seem more like over-ear headphones (like my Sony WH1000MX2's specifically!) to me than IEMs... well done 1More! I even find myself using these while working from home over my Hifiman 400i's, my other wired IEM's or headphones or my Audio Engine A2 speakers + sub. I never did that with my Sony's or my Treblabs when working from home! (stupid pandemic!). Anyways, I would highly recommed these with a solid 8 on 10! I mostly listed my slight negatives but the positives definitely outweigh them, especially if bought on sale!