• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

2 diffrent ram speeds?

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
You will rarely have luck going up.

1. Always buy a full set of RAM in a single package ... if your ...

Mobo is dual channel, buy 2 x X GB
Mobo is triple channel, buy 3 x X GB
Mobo is quad channel, buy 4 x X GB

You have no warranty for any pairing of RAM that didn't come in a single package.

If you putting 4 sticks in a dual channel board, again buy a 4 x X GB package .... not recommended. 2 x 16 GB is better than 4 x 8GB. CPU overclocking is easier with 2 sticks than 4, memory contoller has to wok harder with more sticks.

2. If ya didnt do any of thet... you wanna match as many thungs as possible... Brand, Model, Speed, CAS. OEM suplier version. Using same vendor is not a guarantees... even same model as they often switch OEMs in later versionbs.

3. As above

a) in your position read the SPD of the lower speed / higher CAS RAM, better yet take a CPUz screenie
b) go into BIOS And lower the speed, raise the CAS to match the slower RAM manually.
c) I have had two sets of RAM with exact same brand and model and speed rating but withdifferent OEM suppliers and 10-12-12-28 and 10-12-12-31 ... no matter what I did, could not get them to play nice. yet ,,, matching a different brand different model no. but with same OEM, speed and timings worked oin 1st boot
d) If step b) doesn't work, increase DRAM voltage a bit....rinse and repeat till it works... be aware on manufacturers voltage limits.

You will rarely have luck going up.

1. Always buy a full set of RAM in a single package ... if your ...

Mobo is dual channel, buy 2 x X GB
Mobo is triple channel, buy 3 x X GB
Mobo is quad channel, buy 4 x X GB

You have no warranty for any pairing of RAM that didn't come in a single package.

If you putting 4 sticks in a dual channel board, again buy a 4 x X GB package .... not recommended. 2 x 16 GB is better than 4 x 8GB. CPU overclocking is easier with 2 sticks than 4, memory contoller has to wok harder with more sticks.

2. If ya didnt do any of thet... you wanna match as many thungs as possible... Brand, Model, Speed, CAS. OEM suplier version. Using same vendor is not a guarantees... even same model as they often switch OEMs in later versionbs.

3. As above

a) in your position read the SPD of the lower speed / higher CAS RAM, better yet take a CPUz screenie
b) go into BIOS And lower the speed, raise the CAS to match the slower RAM manually.
c) I have had two sets of RAM with exact same brand and model and speed rating but withdifferent OEM suppliers and 10-12-12-28 and 10-12-12-31 ... no matter what I did, could not get them to play nice. yet ,,, matching a different brand different model no. but with same OEM, speed and timings worked oin 1st boot
d) If step b) doesn't work, increase DRAM voltage a bit....rinse and repeat till it works... be aware on manufacturers voltage limits.
dude ive already know what to do...
that ram is really similar to he one i already have infact mine is while base clocked at 2133 it is very much capable of 2400 infact when i went into bios i think it was already 2400 and has the same timings already of the ram i want...
really its like the same ram with a diffrent model number and a diffrent base clock even though there the same ram