• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

270x Downgrade bios to 7870 for M91p motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NykMycu

You missed the first PCIR. And editing the GOP image(which is what you did) doesn't require fixing the checksum. Anyway, I fixed it for you.

Hold on...forgot something...BRB...done!
Can you change my device id please for this rx 470 i put a bunch of monney alerty and i can't buy another mobo
Here is the bios from techpowerup vbios colection

Attachments

• MSI.RX470.4096.160818.rom.zip
    109.1 KB · Views: 92

LuckyLuckLuc

A little update for this topic.

I've been chatting with a guy who PMed me about changing the Device ID of his RX 570 so he could run it on his Lenovo M81 motherboard. He wanted to try an HD 7850 Device ID. I didn't get back to him in time before he figured out how to do it on his own. He tried the HD 7850 Device ID first and it didn't work. Then he tried an HD 7750 Device ID and it did work. He also reports that the drivers installed fine for an RX 570, even with the HD 7750 Device ID. And everything works perfectly. Soooooooo...yeah. That does work...apparently. Which is pretty cool.

Bottom line: F#$% GPU WHITELISTS!!! Just change your Device ID to whatever works and carry on like it never happened. :pimp:

Oh...and if you want UEFI GOP functionality...there's a way to keep that too. You can figure that out on your own...or ask me. Not going to go into the finer details at this juncture. Just know it can be done, and it's relatively quick and easy. More on that later...maybe...

Hey there, was wondering if I could get some assistance in getting past the whitelist. A little overwhelmed with the forum thread and not too sure what the solution could be and how to go about applying it. I have similar hardware to the post quoted above. I am trying to get an RX570 radeon to work with a Lenovo M91 motherboard. I'm pretty green so I'll need assistance in doing things with the BIOS and modifying Device IDs and what not.

Many Thanks!

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
MrGenius no longer seems to be around, his name no longer appears in the members list.

ZenXnE

Hey everyone, I've ran into a trap just like everyone else here.. I have an is6xm motherboard and my rx 560 won't post. Could someone help me modding the card? I'm low on budget and I'm afraid of breaking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.