• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

35W Uncore on 15W 0.13Ghz 5200u. CPU Problem

NapsterEps

Hello guys, I found an old laptop in my house which I stopped using a long time ago bc it became very slow. I though it was bc of its hard drive but I was wrong. When I checked Task Manager the CPU is stuck at 0.13 or 0.48 Ghz depending on the restart. I read a lot of things online but nothing helped so I need your help. I think the problem is that the CPU thinks that its uncore is using 35W and its power throttling itself. I`ve updated to the newest Bios and the newest drivers. The laptop is Lenovo G50-80 with 4gb or Ram, i5-5200u and R5 M330 video card. The problem persists on battery and plugged-in. The parameters I have taken pictures of dont change.Thank you! IMG_20200629_192540.jpgIMG_20200629_192327.jpgIMG_20200629_192311.jpgIMG_20200629_192259.jpg

Last edited:

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
I think the problem is that the CPU thinks that its uncore is using 35W and its power throttling itself.
That is exactly what is happening but I do not know why this is happening or how to solve it.

Are you running Windows 10 on this laptop? What version? Have you tried reinstalling Windows?

I think this is a problem with the CPU so reinstalling Windows is probably not going to help. The only fix would be to replace the CPU. The 4th Gen CPUs had a few bugs and some issues with power consumption not being reported correctly. Looks like your CPU has the same type of bug. I can force my 4th Gen to report high power consumption when it is idle but it does not get stuck like this unless I force it.

NapsterEps

I am using Windows 10 2004, I tried reinstalling Windows but it didnt help. The laptops is also slow in Bios.

That is exactly what is happening but I do not know why this is happening or how to solve it.

Are you running Windows 10 on this laptop? What version? Have you tried reinstalling Windows?

I think this is a problem with the CPU so reinstalling Windows is probably not going to help. The only fix would be to replace the CPU. The 4th Gen CPUs had a few bugs and some issues with power consumption not being reported correctly. Looks like your CPU has the same type of bug. I can force my 4th Gen to report high power consumption when it is idle but it does not get stuck like this unless I force it.
Can`t I force it just like you to report low instead of high power consumption.

unclewebb

Here is an example of this CPU bug. My laptop is idle but the CPU thinks power consumption is 60W. That triggers constant power limit throttling.
Have you tried sleep resume or hibernate resume to try to snap your computer out of this problem?

NapsterEps

I will try it in a minute but I doubt it will help. I switched it on and off, with and without battery and nothing happened. How do you get your laptop out of this state?

P.S. Nope, it didnt help.

Last edited:

unclewebb

A sleep resume cycle is enough to snap my CPU out of this state. If your computer is sluggish in the BIOS, it must be happening immediately. I cannot think of a solution.