• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

9700NP Softmodded to 9700PRO... How do you Make Core & Mem Speeds Permanent?

formalentity

I really need help, I saw somewhere quite a while ago that you could change the Memory and Core Speeds with a software and make them permanent.. Right now I've got a 9700NP @ 9700PRO, at least thats what i was told from previous owner, and of course Windows Detects it as a 9700PRO, but the thing is the stock speeds are 275/270, Im Currently Running Stock 9700PRO Speeds 325/310, No artifacts at all i was able to go quite a bit higher.. But What i really want is those speeds to be permanent, in other words I dont want to have to set them again using a software..Basically I want this to be a 9700PRO.. Any Ideas?

Please let me know Thanks! Will Appreciate it greatly! :D

Vasot

formalentity said:
I really need help, I saw somewhere quite a while ago that you could change the Memory and Core Speeds with a software and make them permanent.. :D

Not with a Software exactly...
with a Bios modification but it's more risky from using a OC tool

Nothing is guaranteed
There is a chance that you may damage your card permantly

I still suggest you of using a OC tool instead of tweaking your Cards bios

System Name Mr. Obsolete| Ms. Old
Processor Intel Core i5 3570K | Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe | Asus Maximus VIII Gene
Cooling DeepCool GAMMAXX 120 | Coolermaster i7C
Memory Kingston HyperX 1866 16GB (8x2) | Kingston HyperX 2400 16GB (8x2)
Video Card(s) Asus TUF GTX 1650 Super | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1050Ti
Storage Intel 330 180GB + WD Blue 1TB | ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB + WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) ASUS VZ239HE | ASUS VZ239HR
Case Silverstone SG13B | Silverstone PS15B
Audio Device(s) On-Board Realtek ALC898 + Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 | ROG SupremeFX 2015 + Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3
Power Supply FSP SFX PRO 450 | Seasonic S12-III 500
Software Windows 10 Home
Vasot said:
Not with a Software exactly...
with a Bios modification but it's more risky from using a OC tool

Nothing is guaranteed
There is a chance that you may damage your card permantly

I still suggest you of using a OC tool instead of tweaking your Cards bios

yeah i agree, just use an OC tool... usually it reverts back to stock speed upon restart... but i think ATITool has an option to load a certain profile upon start up? did not try it though because i prefer to be in total control and OC only when i want to(i.e. playing games)...

formalentity

Alright Thank you for Feedback I will just use an OC software.. using ati tool right now and it works great^^ Thanks again! :D

ViperJohn

Radeon Mod God
formalentity said:
I really need help, I saw somewhere quite a while ago that you could change the Memory and Core Speeds with a software and make them permanent.. Right now I've got a 9700NP @ 9700PRO, at least thats what i was told from previous owner, and of course Windows Detects it as a 9700PRO, but the thing is the stock speeds are 275/270, Im Currently Running Stock 9700PRO Speeds 325/310, No artifacts at all i was able to go quite a bit higher.. But What i really want is those speeds to be permanent, in other words I dont want to have to set them again using a software..Basically I want this to be a 9700PRO.. Any Ideas?

Please let me know Thanks! Will Appreciate it greatly! :D

Use ATIflash to save the bios from the card. Use RadEdit 1.1D to Edit the bios clocks of the saved bios then save it and flash the card with it.

Viper