• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AAF Realtek DCH Audio Driver - DTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
Just follow this post and keep an eye out for a releases by someone like for example: xela or Metal-Tom, who are pretty much doing the same as you.

Maybe you can help them improve their drivers?

I must say: I'm even a Beginner in Driver-Modding

@xela has sent me a from him corrected HDRXT.inf-File, which was modded/merged by me. I replaced this File against the other existing one, then I've re-tried to install again, and the same Error (-0001) occurs again too.

Rtk-0001.png

kotobuki09

I would love to check this version. In the last version that you help me to installed, I have some issue with the Bluetooth sound quality

@Hearick

Those are just examples, I think I have confused you. Realtek generic is where you can get newer files to add to pre-existing drivers which are older, again I think I will confuse you even more.

----

@Metal-Tom

That's not a very helpful error system, I agree. I cant really say what's causing the problem, other than the changes that you made. What is it you are trying to add to the driver? Edit NVM Dolby.
I would download @xela's edition, and compare the changes you made, to the ones he made, perhaps you can spot the mistakes this way? I think he fully added Dolby.

Alternatively one or more files or .reg information is incorrect, I did notice you are using .reg files, which isn't that normal for drivers.

----

@kotobuki09

The files have been updated, its also now signed, I have a Bluetooth headset but it doesn't connect to my sound card, it has its own internal card and dongle (independent device).

Last edited:

kotobuki09

@Hearick

Those are just examples, I think I have confused you. Realtek generic is where you can get newer files to add to pre-existing drivers which are older, again I think I will confuse you even more.

----

@Metal-Tom

That's not a very helpful error system, I agree. I cant really say what's causing the problem, other than the changes that you made. What is it you are trying to add to the driver? Edit NVM Dolby.
I would download @xela's edition, and compare the changes you made, to the ones he made, perhaps you can spot the mistakes this way? I think he fully added Dolby.

Alternatively one or more files or .reg information is incorrect, I did notice you are using .reg files, which isn't that normal for drivers.

----

@kotobuki09

The files have been updated, its also now signed, I have a Bluetooth headset but it doesn't connect to my sound card, it has its own internal card and dongle (independent device).
Thank you, Ferather. I successfully installed your version. But I still unable to use any DTS software. It's said that I need to connected to headphones or speaker events though I already connect my headphone to my laptop. I also got this error during the installation as well.

Attachments

• 20210204_004532.jpg
    20210204_004532.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
@Hearick

----

@Metal-Tom

----

@kotobuki09

So, where do it download new files ? I already installed the realtek driver ^^ (DTS X Ultra still work like before)

Now you have confused me, lol. What are you now trying to do? make your own driver or get Ultra X to work? If Ultra X, as I have already explained, your device is not licensed and does NOT have files for it.
If you're talking about making your own custom driver for your device, you download the official driver, then the Realtek generic, and transfer the files from generic to your official.

If you don't follow me so far, I think you need to learn more about .inf files and how they work before you continue, no offense.

INF ClassInstall32 Section - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs

----

Download the Sound Unbound app and click start trial.
Get DTS Sound Unbound - Microsoft Store

DTS Sound Unbound FAQ - DTS

Last edited:
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Now you have confused me, lol. What are you now trying to do? make your own driver or get Ultra X to work? If Ultra X, as I have already explained, your device is not licensed and does NOT have files for it.
If you're talking about making your own custom driver for your device, you download the official driver, then the Realtek generic, and transfer the files from generic to your official.

If you don't follow me so far, I think you need to learn more about .inf files and how they work before you continue, no offense.

INF ClassInstall32 Section - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs

----

Download the Sound Unbound app and click start trial.
Get DTS Sound Unbound - Microsoft Store

DTS Sound Unbound FAQ - DTS
I am not offensed, it's quite logical that to make something I have to learn how to do it first :)

If I understood correctly, I only need to copy the files from Realtek to my Original driver to "update" them

I was wondering : Is it possible to create a false license ? (I'm pretty sure not)
What motherboard would you recommend ?

Hacking the files to make it open is potentially an option, however that's not my area of expertise. I would download the official driver for your motherboard.

When you download the generic (2021), right click the files and check 'details' for versions and dates, you can do the same for your official (2016).
You keep your original .inf files, and update the .dll, .dat, .exe, and any other files you see and check details for.

After that you edit the original .inf you kept, and change the version and date, and name if you want.

====

Once you are successful with the above, I'll explain some more advanced things to do, such as adding a Dolby decoder, or setup OEM settings.

Last edited:
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Hacking the files to make it open is potentially an option, however that's not my area of expertise. I would download the official driver for your motherboard.

When you download the generic (2021), right click the files and check 'details' for versions and dates, you can do the same for your official (2016).
You keep your original .inf files, and update the .dll, .dat, .exe, and any other files you see and check details for.

After that you edit the original .inf you kept, and change the version and date, and name if you want.

====

Once you are successful with the above, I'll explain some more advanced things to do, such as adding a Dolby decoder, or setup OEM settings.
I don't understand how I can see the details... In file explorer ?

Yes. Here is an example of the file: RTKVHD64.sys, you can see its version 6.0.9098.1, it has a digital signature signed 2021.

1.png
2.png

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
So, since my official drivers folder don't have Win64 folder, can I just drop the one from Realtek UAD into my original driver folder ?

Yes, as long as it replaces files. Directory structures can vary.

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Yes, as long as it replaces files. Directory structures can vary.
So, if I put it like this it will work (After driver details change) ? Or I need to uninstall Vista and Vista64 folder ?

Attachments

• test.PNG
    test.PNG
    54.8 KB · Views: 79
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Yes you can delete the vista folders. You need only Win64.
Since I have copied the folder, do I need to update the ini files to latest version ?

Last edited:
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
So now I have a folder, what do I next ? Update it throught device manager ? Or before I need to convert it into zip ?

kotobuki09

If I remember correctly you also had issues installing Alans driver too? (we did remote assistance), I can see its gone wrong again, looking at your screenshot.

Can’t install drivers on Windows 10? Here’s how to fix it [EASY STEPS] (windowsreport.com)

Headphones:X v1 works perfectly, Ultra, Headphones:X v2 and Audio Processing require a valid license, but are supported.
Thank you! I already tried most of them It doesn't work for my case. However, the sound quality is still awesome in my opinion.

@Hearick

Backup your Windows first, then try and install it via device manager (with driver signing enforcement disabled), if something goes wrong, restore your backup.

----

@kotobuki09

Have you considered re-installing Windows?

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
@Hearick

Backup your Windows first, then try and install it via device manager (with driver signing enforcement disabled), if something goes wrong, restore your backup.

----

@kotobuki09

Have you considered re-installing Windows?
Is it possible to add APOs ?

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Yes, once successful you have learned how to mod your own drivers. You may need to do some tinkering with the .inf, but basically this is all there is to making a modded driver.

Level of difficulty: 0.5/5, 5 being like trying to make a whole operating system using just notepad (rofl).

Last edited:
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Yes, once successful you have learned how to mod your own drivers. You may need to do some tinkering with the .inf, but basically this is all there is to making a modded driver.

Level of difficulty: 0.5/5, 5 being like trying to make a whole operating system using just notepad (rofl).
And what do I do with the Master Microsoft cab file ?
Could you give me an example of APO code, please ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.