• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Pushes Highest x86 Market Share in History in 1Q2022

The point is, Intel HAVE FABS, AMD do not, how much would it cost for AMD to build them and get them running with qualified staff? Intel DO have an advantage even if they are not doing great with them atm. At some point they just might crack it and AMD will be in trouble.
They are an advantage until they are are a noose around their neck as was with AMD.
But alas the US government would never let them fail aka GM, cos they are too big and it would ruin the country especially given the current world climate with Putins War!

D

Deleted member 24505

They are an advantage until they are are a noose around their neck as was with AMD.
But alas the US government would never let them fail aka GM, cos they are too big and it would ruin the country especially given the current world climate with Putins War!

I don't think Intel are doing too badly with their FABS, especially as they are/have built/ing more in other countries aren't they. And i see no problem with them buying capacity from TSMC, why not, it's their money and i can't see TSMC favouring any company as i am sure it is just about money to them.