• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Radeon "Big Navi" GPU Benchmarked in Firestrike Ultra

LikeAsloth86

ray tracing is years from being 'the norm' like every new variety of pixel shading over the years. I definitely wont be halving my FPS to enable it.
My 3080 plays about the same as ur 1080 with RT on lol 1440p frames are great with RT it's only at 4k they drop pretty bad... I don't need 240fps, 150fps is fine for me

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
ray tracing is years from being 'the norm' like every new variety of pixel shading over the years. I definitely wont be halving my FPS to enable it.
Sure, but as you can see, with AMD and NV behind it as well as consoles, we should see that momentum start to ramp up even more quickly than we have since NV was able to do it with hardware. Again, AMD is throwing hardware at it too, it's in consoles... it's coming. :)

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
i see some appeal to DLSS and high refresh displays
I don't and I'll tell you why. nVidia has said that DLSS adds a constant amount of time to the rendering of every frame which gets worse at higher resolutions. At 4k and 70FPS, that's easily 20% of the frame time for DLSS alone. DLSS does not work well when you want really high frame rates, it works well when you're trying to hit 60FPS, not so much for 120+. The tensor cores only run so fast and at higher frame rates, that becomes the bottleneck. There is a balance to be struck between the time spent rendering the scene and time spent on DLSS which depends on the capability of the card.

Last edited: