• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD RDNA3 Graphics cards are unusable

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Sunk Cost Fallacy
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev. 7
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Storage WD Black SN850X 1TB + 2x 2TB, 2x 4TB Crucial MX500, 4TB Samsung 870 Evo.
Display(s) Alienware AW2723DF, LG 27GR93U, LG 27GN950-B
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion Series 2 III, Sennheiser GSP600 and HD599 SE - Creative Soundblaster X4
Power Supply bequiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500w Titanium
Mouse Logitech GPRO X Superlight & G502 X
Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB Mini, Razer Black Widow V3 TKL
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
the only problem i never had is the issue that OP has.
but i can not remember a time where there were no significant issue with Radeon drivers since at least a decade. But specifically all 2024 drivers are incredibly broken.
from the top of my head:
Completely random crashes in games, general stuttering and framedrops in almost every game. EVERYTHING Raytraced is unuseable because of extreme stuttering and instability.
Frame Generation is buggy. either it does not work after using the hotkey or it does not turn off anymore (which will end in crashes after a while and a couple more attempts)
the MPO related grey screen lockup is back from 2021. if you have more than one monitor and one is beyond 240Hz you'll have completely random system lockups with a grey screen (the one that's faster than 240Hz) and a normal second monitor under 240Hz. This was fixed in late 2022/early 2023 until 24.2.1 ...
When you have a monitor with just a software toggle for freesync (most Alienware "F" Monitors) you'll have regular pale yellow flickering on the bottom half of the display.
every time LFC gets triggered on some monitors there will be a bunch of thin green, red and black vertical lines appear for a couple ms.
Clean Install/Factory Reset has been reenabled... except that it does not restart the PC and wipes everything as it should do.

This is what i experienced just in 2024 with RDNA3.
literally NONE of these bugs are a thing under Linux or with NVidia GPUs. it's just the Windows Radeon drivers.

Last edited:
the only problem i never had is the issue that OP has.
but i can not remember a time where there were no significant issue with Radeon drivers since at least a decade. But specifically all 2024 drivers are incredibly broken.
from the top of my head:
Completely random crashes in games, general stuttering and framedrops in almost every game. EVERYTHING Raytraced is unuseable because of extreme stuttering and instability.
Frame Generation is buggy (either it does not work after using the hotkey or it does not turn off anymore (which will end in crashes after a while and a couple more attempts)
the MPO related grey screen lockup is back from 2021. if you have more than one monitor and one is beyond 240Hz you'll have completely random system lockups with a grey screen (the one that's faster than 240Hz) and a normal second monitor under 240Hz. This was fixed in late 2022/early 2023 until 24.2.1 ...
When you have a monitor with just a software toggle for freesync (most Alienware "F" Monitors) you'll have regular pale yellow flickering on the bottom half of the display.
every time LFC gets triggered on some monitors there will be a bunch of thin green, red and black vertical lines appear for a couple ms.
Clean Install/Factory Reset has been reenabled... except that it does not restart the PC and wipes everything as it should do.

This is what i experienced just in 2024 with RDNA3.
literally NONE of these bugs are a thing under Linux or with NVidia GPUs. it's just the Windows Radeon drivers.
It's kind of a red flag when one of the most advanced hardware reviewers on Earth (Chips and Cheese) had to connect three monitors to a 7800xt at the same time in order to get it to stop cratering to too low of a power state so that the GPU could be benched. So there's your solution to this thread...."just run three monitors, bro." Not that that won't have it's own set of problems. As for your other issues, I never had any stability issues, crashing, or anything like that in any game. I also don't use freesync, which seems to be a part of some of your issues.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite LCD
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz C30 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor X
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB NVMe+WD Black SN850X 1TB NVMe
Display(s) LG C3 48"
Case Lian Li Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso XT
Power Supply Corsair HX1500i
Mouse Corsair Darkstar
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Pro
Software Windows 11
You guys are going to need to fix the neural net that made this AI generated post calling a 400 watt GPU "cool and quiet" before it casts Chris Pratt as the lead actor in a Netflix Genghis Khan documentary. As for others saying "no issues here," it's mostly a problem at 1080p and not 1440p, which....just so happens to be the most favored resolution of competitive gaming.

Load something like Apex Legends at 1080p on the 7800xt and you'll see these ripples of tearing when panning around at certain things as it drops frames or fails to perform any type of valid frame pacing due to downclocking. Lesser pronounced but same issues in even UE4 titles like Roboquest. Then plug in a 1440p monitor to the same system and it plays about the smoothest you've ever seen. So, yea, the GPUs are usable if you can find a 1440p you like, but that only saves games that are medium load at 1080p. Low load games are likely still toast at 1440p on the stronger AMD cards, and there's just a lot of those games out there from League of Legends, to World or Warcraft, to whatever.
So you think a 400W card can’t be cool and quiet? Have you ever tried setting up custom fan curves or water cooling or enabling V-Sync, before calling somebody else an actor maybe fix your own act first.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
You probably just have lower standards. I haven't seen things like tearing or chop on any system I run since something like the year 1999. But load up Apex Legends on a 7800xt at 1080p and you will see it. Then plug in a 1440p monitor and it's instantly gone. It's an egregious AMD power savings problem. There's probably just less shills and spammers on Guru3d because it's more common knowledge there and you don't have this wild brigade of "AMD can do nothing wrong" shill factory experience:

*also find it kind of funny how people in that post just see it as normal as a very new card like a 6800xt dieing for no reason when Nvidia cards that are 10+ years old all over the place run like the day they were new.
Nah its not that. You either hit that specific situation / have already stacked a box of tricks on that specific situation and somehow RDNA3 chokes on it. I won't deny its a fact Nvidia cards are better at (extremely) high FPS. They're also better at managing power states, this was evident from the moment I started playing with an RDNA3 card after 15+ years of Nvidia.

But smoothness and general gaming issues I do not recognize on this card. I play at 144 FPS and haven't seen it. I wouldn't advise you to pull the 'but I'm sensitive to it, so I dó see this' card to make your point. You're one step away from nonsensical audiophile-level discussions that way ;)

Something could also be said of the desire to run competitive online games with server tickrates of 60 max, at FPS three-four times that number. Its utterly pointless, despite popular (circlejerk) belief. 90% of those competitive online shooter-advantages are E sport placebo bullshit. Its a bit like religion, backed by elementary school 'science'.

The trajectory you're on right now is leaning heavily into overreaction. 'Unusable' kinda sets the tone for a not very nuanced discussion here, when there are thousands of happy users.

Another point of interest is that I always delay updates. Windows especially, I'm still on 10 and riding that sucker until its dead. I've dodged so many problems that way, both on Nvidia and AMD.

Last edited:
Something could also be said of the desire to run competitive online games with server tickrates of 60 max, at FPS three-four times that number. Its utterly pointless
I'm not a big fan of the Blurbusters guy because he basically said something along the lines of the entire purpose of his forum is just to try and make money (that he was not making enough of running it) and was complaining sections of the forum "only made him $10 a month" and would edit my posts if I said things like DSC feel like laggy garbage to play on to try and preserve advertiser dollars for new DSC compression monitors (who the hell does things like this?), but he would probably type out at least 4 pages ridiculing you for ignoring things like scanout rate for this comment.

Nvidia has so great power management that back when I owned 3080FE, it downclocked so much that everytime I scrolled the webpage and stopped for 20-30 sec it would lag until it came back to higher clocks. And when I choose performance in the driver it run at too high clocks causing the cooler to go out of 0RPM mode.
Also SignalRGB downclocked the VRAM by couple hundred MHz had to install nvidia inspector and disable one setting so that GPU didn't think it's running some high perf workload.

Don't have those issues on 7900XTX. Therefore I shall now go and create a thread that Nvidia cards are unusable.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I'm not a big fan of the Blurbusters guy because he basically said something along the lines of the entire purpose of his forum is just to try and make money (that he was not making enough of running it) and was complaining sections of the forum "only made him $10 a month" and would edit my posts if I said things like DSC feel like laggy garbage to play on to try and preserve advertiser dollars for new DSC monitors (who the hell does things like this?), but he would probably type out at least 4 pages ridiculing you for ignoring things like scanout rate for this comment.
Of course, you won't find a single audiophile admitting he's an oversensitive, deluded idiot either, they rush to the defence of their illusionary perceptions too. I'm open to all of these perspectives myself having gamed competitively for about a decade, and not doing it anymore. Been down the rabbit hole and back out. The vast majority is bullshit, but bullshit sells. Its that simple, typing four pages of drivel to counteract experience is pointless.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
This is like telling Joe Montana maybe he should just get an office job instead. Since I don't feel like typing out all this stuff, I'll just link a post of another guy who just got done typing out the problem. All of these AMD issues have been well-known for a long time. I just thought I could defeat them by using 1440p. You either need to be living under a rock or a shill farm to deny them by now (especially on RDNA3):

there are lots of variables, that is all I was trying to say. I literally have none of the issues you have mentioned on my old 5600x3d 7900 XT rig.

I mean there are 150+ variables we could probably go down a list, I didn't mean to insult your ego. Is your motherboard BIOS up to date? Did you do a clean install of OS with latest AMD chipset, reboot, then latest AMD GPU drivers, reboot, then plug in Ethernet cable and let windows 11 update fully with a couple reboots? that's typically how I start off anyway.

Nvidia has so great power management that back when I owned 3080FE, it downclocked so much that everytime I scrolled the webpage and stopped for 20-30 sec it would lag until it came back to higher clocks. And when I choose performance in the driver it run at too high clocks causing the cooler to go out of 0RPM mode.
#1 I'm too lazy to test right now but I think the cards still downclock with performance mode on just sitting on the desktop. But if you have something like Chromium open it stays at max clocks. Someone else can spend a few nanoseconds to test that while I go eat something because I can't remember. You can also start Chromium with --disable-gpu flag to run at lowest clock possible, but it seems to have a global effect on mouse movement even after you close the browser, which some people might dislike.

#2 Eventually everyone discovers cards over 220-250w are just bad news in general and stops buying them, so this situation probably would be fine if you just went the correct route to a 3070. The only people liking these absurd 4090 cards probably run them at low GPU usage (which Nvidia seems actually capable of doing unlike AMD) and using 1/2 or less their power draw. If they actually ran them at full usage, the room would heat up to deserts of Africa levels and they would sell the thing on Ebay.

Last edited:
System Name R9 5950x/Skylake 6400
Processor R9 5950x/i5 6400
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Master X570/Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360/Stock
Memory 4x8GB Patriot PVS416G4440 CL14/G.S Ripjaws 32 GB F4-3200C16D-32GV
Video Card(s) 7900XTX/6900XT
Storage RIP Seagate 530 4TB (died after 7 months), WD SN850 2TB, Aorus 2TB, Corsair MP600 1TB / 960 Evo 1TB
Display(s) 3x LG 27gl850 1440p
Case Custom builds
Audio Device(s) -
Power Supply Silverstone 1000watt modular Gold/1000Watt Antec
Software Win11pro/win10pro / Win10 Home / win7 / wista 64 bit and XPpro
Well I am happy with my 7900XTX - sure this is bugs but nothing more than what seems to be from other GPU makers.

Don't have those issues on 7900XTX. Therefore I shall now go and create a thread that Nvidia cards are unusable.
Don't forget to make one that the AMD store is also unusable. I forgot to mention I also had an RX 7600. Meet "Santosh" from AMD who says loud coil whine at idle is perfectly normal for an AMD card and there's no way you're getting an RMA.

Attachments

• fasdfdfd.png
    fasdfdfd.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 44
Good luck with any AIB accepting RMA for coil whine.
The vibrations probably increase lag as well.
AMD outsourced their CS to the functional equivalent of an email spam farm in India and gave them instructions to aggressively deny any types of warranty issues. Whether Nvidia does similar tactics or not, I don't know, but I doubt it's as bad as old Santosh's canned responses over here.

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
1. disable windows from updating gpu drivers automatically.
2. clean off any existing drivers.
3. install new stable drivers.
4. ??
5. Profit.

Building a PC should be simple in the 21st century! Plug and Play - As the name suggests (connecting everything to the mobo and updating drivers and programs via the Internet). Only playing OC should be based on patience and knowledge. As I mentioned, in the 21st century, Pathfinder and Perseverance will still be selling hot dogs on Mars, but there will be problems with the drivers. And that's why I still have resistance to Amd GPUs and I want to have a 100% Amd platform.
If you go backwards in time to around 2000-2004 with single core Athlons and Pentiums, sure. Back then anyone could play at a competitive level with off the shelf hardware without even touching the BIOS or Window’s settings.

In the year 2024, you will notice things like some 1440p 240hz monitors feeling responsive while others feel bogged down because Asus decided to overload the monitor firmware with weird features nobody uses or skimped out on the MCU for the controller board. Then you try a barebones Chinese monitor and notice aim is way better on it but the LTPS thin film panel (instead of a-SI) and race to the bottom backlighting causes intense eye strain where the monitor can only be used for 15 minutes without feeling like you’re going to die.

You could be the best player on Earth right now and perform very poorly if you either can’t figure out what combination of hardware to use or essentially don’t mind wasting money buying all of it and throwing every everything that‘s not good. Simply buying the most expensive items doesn’t work either since things like DSC compression on high end monitors gives you slug cursor (I’ve used 3-4 DSC’s).

Processor Ryzen 7800x3d
Motherboard Asus X670E Gene
Cooling Alphacool LT 360
Memory G.Skill DDR5, 64 GB, 6000MHz, CL30
Video Card(s) ASROCK Radeon RX 7900 XTX Taichi OC 24GB
Storage Crucial T700 1 TB + Kingston Fury Renegate 2 TB
Display(s) TV Monitor-SamsungQe65q70R. Asus Rog Strix G 713 Qr RTX3070
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Fiio K7 + Sivga sv023 + Fiio fh5s pro + Fiio m11plus / Airpulse A100 + Mogami 2549 z Amphenol 150
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex PX-1200
Mouse Rival 650 wireless + Rival Aerox5 Diablo IV edition + Logitech G 502 wireless + Qck hard pad
Keyboard Corsair K63 Blue Led Wireless + Lapboard
Software Win10 pro/ 64
Good luck with any AIB accepting RMA for coil whine.
The vibrations probably increase lag as well.
I have looked through many websites of manufacturers describing their GPUs, on none of them there is anything about squeaking or howling coils, on the contrary, all military class components, Japanese Sp-cap, Premium 100A Power Choke, Sps Dr.MOS only Oh Oh, Great, Best, etc. ... can be replaced until it hurts. The coil itself and its operation is based on vibrations, but they are quiet (after moving the ear), not howling, this is partly the manufacturer's fault and its quality control of GPU components (coils), a simple example, I buy a card, it squeaks, I replace it with the same one and it doesn't beep? So the rest of my PC components are OK. So replacing the card should not be a consumer's problem but a manufacturer's or seller's problem.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Meet "Santosh" from AMD who says loud coil whine at idle is perfectly normal for an AMD card and there's no way you're getting an RMA.
It's physically not possible for a card to have coil whine at idle, the reason coil whine happens is because the inductors vibrate when the VRMs are switching from low to high power consumption in between the times frames are rendered, the more frames the more frequent the vibrations. What you are hearing is either from something else or it's not coil whine at all. Also no one is going to accept RMAs over coil whine, good luck with that, if the coil whine was unacceptable you should have just returned it. I never had a card without coil whine, Nvidia or AMD, good luck ever finding a card that doesn't have it.

It looks like you are hardcore trolling btw.

I have looked through many websites of manufacturers describing their GPUs, on none of them there is anything about squeaking or howling coils, on the contrary, all military class components, Japanese Sp-cap, Premium 100A Power Choke, Sps Dr.MOS only Oh Oh, Great, Best, etc. ... can be replaced until it hurts. The coil itself and its operation is based on vibrations, but they are quiet (after moving the ear), not howling, this is partly the manufacturer's fault and its quality control of GPU components (coils)
The problem is the type of inductors that don't whine are not suited for high currents, GPU manufactures are making the correct choice here, choosing reliability over noise.

Last edited:
System Name Gungnir
Processor Ryzen 5 7600X @1.25v
Motherboard ASUS TUF B650M-PLUS WIFI
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assasin 120 SE Black
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 CL36 5600MHz
Video Card(s) XFX RX 6800XT Merc 319 @1.1v @2600MHz clock @2140MHz vram freq. (surprisingly stable)
Storage 1TB WD SN770 | 2TB WD Blue SATA III SSD
Display(s) 1440p 165Hz VA
Case Lian Li Lancool 215
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80Ohm
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80 Plus Gold
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless
Keyboard Keychron V6
VR HMD The bane of my existence (Oculus Quest 2)
^No idea who you are. Stop spamming thread with gibberish about an AMD problem that huge amounts of people already know about as fact.
I liked the part where you proclaim a problem specific to you as a fact of AMD GPU ownership.

my machine runs fine, btw.

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
I take that back. I clicked your system specs tab and it comes up both an AMD CPU and video card and it’s called drumroll…..”the good enough.” I laughed in real life. I really did. You may now stay for comic relief.
Lemme guess, AMD CPUs are also unusable? Perhaps due to having too much input lag, a conclusion that you arrived at by testing for DPC latency, which is actually completely separate from input lag? After which you recommended everyone serious about said input lag to stay on a Windows 7 system with an older clock-locked Intel CPU?
Come on, r0ach, some of us remember you from OC.net forum days. You are an infamous person in certain circles, so don’t be too surprised when people don’t take you seriously.

You know AMD has a slider to set the minimum(PO) state, right? :laugh:
You missed the part where I explain AMD drivers are even more bloated than Nvidia now and the only way to make them bearable is by using AMD driver slimmer PLUS installing in “driver only mode” on top of that. If Nvidia ever releases a new control panel with built in web browser, encyclopedia, automatic updates, streaming, audio filtering, and so forth, they will probably go to shit as well. Nvidia will probably do it bad squared and integrate some type of tensor core powered Cortana assistant.

Last edited:
You missed the part where I explain AMD drivers are even more bloated than Nvidia now and the only way to make them bearable is by using AMD driver slimmer PLUS installing in “driver only mode” on top of that. If Nvidia ever releases a new control panel with built in web browser, encyclopedia, automatic updates, streaming, audio filtering, and so forth, they will probably go to shit as well.
Shhh nobody mention the new control panel from nvidia.
It really does sound like an audiophile claiming that his gold plated, quantum tunneled, antimatter suspened in vacuum cables produce better audio. But you do you.

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
Shhh nobody mention the new control panel from nvidia.

It’s not exactly time to panic when you have a 2TB backlog and probably 10 years would go by if not the entirety of civilization collapsing the way things are going before you would need to upgrade a 4090 to play something anyway. I still bought a 3070 regardless because I didn’t want to be limited to the handful of 4000 series drivers of which I haven’t found one yet I like. Pickings aren’t that great for 3000 series either, but at least I found one or two pre-MPO saga drivers that cause only medium levels of disgust.

Status
Not open for further replies.