• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Ryzen 12-Core, 24-Thread CPU Surges on SiSoftware Sandra

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Strong, inappropriate wording there, when I mentioned their site on the article. The absence of source link was no more than a forgetful moment. And you will likely be happy to know that I had already included the source before I even set eyes on your comment. Maybe less rocks on hand would have been nice.

Thank you, anyway. I'm sure that your words weren't meant to say what they mean.

unrelated to the article, but seeing the original post I have a hard time imagining how it could have been brought up any more friendly....

System Name Unimatrix
Processor Intel i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz
Motherboard ASRock x390 Taichi Ultimate
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ RGB DDR4 @ 3400MHz 14-14-14-32
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080 with Heatkiller Water Block
Storage 2x Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD in RAID 0, 1x WD Blue 1TB M.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440
Case CoolerMaster P500M Mesh
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
Keyboard Corsair K75
Benchmark Scores Really Really High
Phones are on 4 for power saving, 4 for performance, and iPhones are still extremely competitive with their dual core designs.

Phones really don't need a bazillion cores, it generally creates more problems than it helps.

THANK YOU. People think MOR CORZ, BETTTA!!! AMD's been trying to sell you more cores for how long now? What is the fastest gaming processor RIGHT NOW? That's right, the 7700K. Even games that use multiple cores do better with the 7700K. The Apple A8 is faster than any of the Qualcomm, Exynos, and Kirin processor with 8 cores.

The IPC and raw clocks is what matters and so far Intel still has that advantage.

However, competition is good and I hope AMD can get something out that is faster than Intel.

THANK YOU. People think MOR CORZ, BETTTA!!! AMD's been trying to sell you more cores for how long now? What is the fastest gaming processor RIGHT NOW? That's right, the 7700K. Even games that use multiple cores do better with the 7700K. The Apple A8 is faster than any of the Qualcomm, Exynos, and Kirin processor with 8 cores.

You have no idea what you are talking about: this is not a CPU aimed at gamers!

edit: and you should know what segment it's aimed at, since you are using a hexacore Xeon

Last edited:
6 core is still considered gaming cpu by the most.

A common issue with people at PC enthusiast forums is that their whole PC experience revolve around gaming and gaming only.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506

The IPC and raw clocks is what matters and so far Intel still has that advantage.

However, competition is good and I hope AMD can get something out that is faster than Intel.
can an iphone play crisis, no

And for the likes of me gaming at 4k that statement is total shit(go read up) , the 7700k is without doubt the best pure gaming cpu IF your at 1080p and by and large only play dx11 era games , welcome to the future yo,
the futures full of cores and im sorry mate, but theres feck all you dual and quad core loving crazy people can do about it, well you could get into retro gaming from here on in.

so an intel and apple fanboy , wow who knew they existed.

oh and amd know about raw clocks , my old cpu can still game at 5ghz (im sure ryzen(2,3) will get there)
and they certaintly have an eye on that IPC crown to put in the cupboard with the pawned on efficiency cup and the innovation cup as well as the price performance cup

System Name ChoreBoy
Processor 8700k Delided
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Master
Cooling 420mm Custom Loop
Memory CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 2x8GB @ 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 SC
Storage 1TB SX8200, 250GB 850 EVO, 250GB Barracuda
Display(s) Pixio PX329 and Dell E228WFP
Case Fractal R6
Audio Device(s) On-Board
Power Supply 1000w Corsair
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores A million on everything....
I don't think even the mainstream media does that nowadays.
If they sited their sources they'd be laughed off the air.

If they sited their sources they'd be laughed off the air.

Journalism 101 of nowadays.

Catch / create gossips.

Cite them as "anonymous sources" or "our sources"

Create articles outta ass.

Make it sound like doom and gloom.

New truth is born.

I also don't see what was inappropriate with what I said
You seemed to assume it was an intentional omission rather than human error. Even now, you presume to explain, pointedly, the importance of proper attribution to someone who has already explained they always intended to source and just forgot. Basically, you were inappropriately harsh.

Sometimes, people are being callous, but sometimes they'really just being human.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Wat? None of us is a human. We are all bots.
Go change your batteries your spell checker missed an H in What. :D:kookoo:

Great story still.

6 core is still considered gaming cpu by the most.

A common issue with people at PC enthusiast forums is that their whole PC experience revolve around gaming and gaming only.

It tends to revolve around whatever their favorite brand is better at. ;)

Strong, inappropriate wording there, when I mentioned their site on the article. The absence of source link was no more than a forgetful moment. And you will likely be happy to know that I had already included the source before I even set eyes on your comment. Maybe less rocks on hand would have been nice.

Thank you, anyway. I'm sure that your words weren't meant to say what they mean.
maybe try not to save face when you plagiarize and just say yea i already fixed it thanks.....you look worse when you try to defend a stupid error with posturing.

inappropriate wording....are you a child? Grow up.

Processor i5 4670K - @ 4.8GHZ core
Motherboard MSI Z87 G43
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 *(Modded to fit on this motherboard)
Memory 16GB 2400MHZ
Video Card(s) HD7970 GHZ edition Sapphire
Storage Samsung 120GB 850 EVO & 4X 2TB HDD (Seagate)
Display(s) 42" Panasonice LED TV @120Hz
Case Corsair 200R
Audio Device(s) Xfi Xtreme Music with Hyper X Core
Power Supply Cooler Master 700 Watts

Go home kid, you are discussing wrong things at wrong place. This CPU isn't for gaming, this is aimed at people who use computers to earn money.

EDIT: Its sad that it came from someone using a Xeon.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I'd be much more interested in seeing the amount of memory channels / quad channel on that platform than worries about that L3 cache.

I think you may have taken that far more harshly than he intended. I read that as a simple suggestion, not harsh criticism.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten

What matters is end user requirements.

The i7700k would be a waste of my money for my use case ( gaming + abusing hardware anyway I can) . So my upgrade path at the moment is Intel or Amd 8 cores +. I'm seriously tempted to get the 16 core 32 thread hedt part if it turns out to be real and no more than twice the price of 1800x.

We're also hitting a kinda hard limit of what's possible with Silicon in terms of transistor size, we might get 7nm but I'm not holding my breath, we're at that point where not only is it hard to keep transistors in an off state because the electrons can jump the gap between the anode and cathode the wires( in chip) are so small that extra volts could just straight up burn them out.

So with that in mind more cores is going to be all we're likely to get now rather than much more power.

That i7700k could potentially really start to lag behind if hardware industry is being forced to move away from IPC and clock speeds. :) Have to admit though I'm no industry analyst but certainly seems we're heading into the many cores era.

Yup every home PC user needs 12 cores

More cores equals more gigahertz, haven't you been on ebay?

The 1800x will be sold as a 32 ghz cpu ( possibly 64 if they count hyper threading lol)

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
You have also forgotten a link here: https://www.techpowerup.com/231696/amds-elusive-polaris-12-makes-an-appearance-on-compubench and you ignored my hint to check if Polaris was LPP or LPE: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...igher-clocks-lower-power.231692/#post-3623708 (and you included the link to wccftech named BenchLife).

Please, take your time when writing news and always try to use multiple sources.

Thank you for bringing those up =) Fixed.

Some posts can't be used with multiple sources, when there is a single original source (either by leak or exclusive report). Others can. I'm not saying I always do one thing or the other, 100% correctly, but, there are always examples for one side, like yours, or mine.

There are also times when one can't answer, by forgetfulness or lack of time. Regarding your LPP and LPE hint, I did search, and found multiple reports claiming that the original Polaris was using LPP. Also, multiple reports that it was to use LPE. But all recent reports regarding the Polaris refresh mentioned how it was to use an LPP process. So, I chose to run with it.

unrelated to the article, but seeing the original post I have a hard time imagining how it could have been brought up any more friendly....

I think you may have taken that far more harshly than he intended. I read that as a simple suggestion, not harsh criticism.

Borrow was originally "Steal".

maybe try not to save face when you plagiarize and just say yea i already fixed it thanks.....you look worse when you try to defend a stupid error with posturing.

inappropriate wording....are you a child? Grow up.

Sure =) Whatever you say, bro.

Edit: merged double posts.

Last edited:

idx

Phones are on 4 for power saving, 4 for performance, and iPhones are still extremely competitive with their dual core designs.

Phones really don't need a bazillion cores, it generally creates more problems than it helps.

MediaTek X25 and X20 already on 10 cores.

Hm, I vaguely recall AMD"s marketting tactics from more than a decade ago.

"Real man uses real core."

idx

What is it that hurts you when someone want more than 4 cores ? I just dont get it.

Hm, I vaguely recall AMD"s marketting tactics from more than a decade ago.

"Real man uses real core."

I also still recall intel saying "consumer DO NOT need more than 4GB ram, 32bit systems are here to stay...". That was when AMD started pushing for 64bit instructions ( right now it is in every single intel x64 CPU btw).

Last edited:
32bit systems are still at large even now, especially in web hosting (server environment).

So, yeah, it's here to stay. I reckon it will take extra 20 years for 32bit to be fully phased out.

4gb system ram still works now.

idx

32bit systems are still at large even now, especially in web hosting (server environment).

So, yeah, it's here to stay. I reckon it will take extra 20 years for 32bit to be fully phased out.

4gb system ram still works now.

Software side yes (leftover, backward compatibility or for very limited systems). but the 4gb ram and 32bit cpu I highly doubt that this is even usable for anyone these days.

Last edited: