• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[amd/visiontek/his/powercolor] PCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Dream Weaver
Processor Ryzen 5600
Motherboard B450 MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling NH-D14
Memory 16GB Flare X @ 3200MHz CL14
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+
Storage 500GB evo 970 m.2 + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) ASUS 27" 1440p 144hz FreeSync
Case Fractal Design Define R3
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Software Windows 10 x64
I don't see how he's trolling in this particular thread. I see lots of threads that I don't care about, but I don't spend time making fun of the person posting it.

My boss has a machine running a PCI graphics card; he didn't have the money to completely overhaul his rig and it worked fine for internet and such; he just wanted a little power for watching vids and movies, and only had PCI slots.

Saying "no one cares" is painting with an awfully broad stroke.

Perhaps you should check his other threads.

if someone buys a cheap back up rig and has a pci card spare or the rig already has a pci card in it then thats cool but if it has a agp slot or a pci ex slot they dont tend to snub the faster slot

people usually have a main rig and sometimes a backup which can be a modern system or an old system the kept or a cheap one they picked up

if you said im getting a CHEAP backup rig for linux or for media or as a pure backup incase your main rig goes we would all be like thats cool but to get a backup rig just to support pci graphics card and one with no agp or pci express slot is stupid, most people look for one thats cheap and then dont get to picky with specs

if i had a card lying around then yes i might use it under certain circumstances but i wouldnt go out of my way to get a pci graphics card

System Name The Lizard v2.4
Processor Intel Celeron G1840 (for the time being
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H81-S2PH
Cooling Intel Stock Fan
Memory 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming GTX 750Ti (For the time being)
Storage 500GB Samsung F1, 160GB Maxtor "Older than god"
Display(s) AOC 28' LCD
Case Coolermaster N200
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec VP500P
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores No crashes in the last 24 minutes.
I don't see how he's trolling in this particular thread. I see lots of threads that I don't care about, but I don't spend time making fun of the person posting it.

My boss has a machine running a PCI graphics card; he didn't have the money to completely overhaul his rig and it worked fine for internet and such; he just wanted a little power for watching vids and movies, and only had PCI slots.

Saying "no one cares" is painting with an awfully broad stroke.

maybe ur boss didnt have the money but he could have got a dual core and he didnt. I recomend him the Tau's 7900gt altough i dont think he would take (its a hell of a deal).

The point is: he make bad decisiones when he knew the right ones and for that is a... lets not say anything or i will get another warning :p

Polaris573

Senior Moderator
Processor LGA 775 Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard MSI P7N Diamond - 780i Chipset
Cooling Arctic Freezer
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDRII 800 4-4-3-5
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB PCI-E
Storage 1 TB Seagate 32MB Cache, 250 GB Seagate 16MB Cache
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Wow there is so much trolling in this thread it will take me half an hour to hand out infractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.