• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Zen 5 Microarchitecture Referenced in Leaked Slides

No idea how these hacks get audience he's of the same cloth as Adored.
Using Reddit as a source of "factual information" is ridiculous, I tried to look at the first few posts and basically got nothing useful at all. Sure you do not like or trust the guy, I have watched him for 9-months before I decided that he was "mostly correct", and bought a 7900XT for £730, it currently sells for £790 or more (Sapphire Pulse) if you can even find it in stock, so right now I am rather happy that he said that it had essentially hit the bottom.

I put my money into my trust of him, and he has been proven correct, and yes, this was clearly before the 7800XT was about to launch, with informed consent I chose to buy the 7900XT then.

Also, having watched his videos of (at the time) the upcoming AMD 7000 series CPU's but not yet trusting him, I decided to keep my 5000 platform and upgrade the CPU, hindsight says that I should really have bought the 7000 platform once the motherboards dropped from their initial highs (being flown in, rather the much cheaper container ships). One could argue that this was a fluke, I obviously cannot say that it wasn't, I will continue to watch and wait, and take in information in all forms from multiple sources before buying into my next platform. Having an open mind, with information from multiple sources is clearly the best option.

I am sorry about using loose terminology. Terminology used in Techpowerup forums is less precise than terminology used in scientific articles. From an x86 Linux/Windows application perspective, the rumored Zen 5/6 CPUs can be said to be able to execute instructions belonging to 2 basic blocks in a single clock cycle.
Do you have a source for this, I have not heard this before (but of course I do not and can not read/watch every bit of information (true of false) out there).

Legit forums used to curb the last 1.5 pages of content in this discussion to keep posts on-topic..

Take your off-topic beef somewhere else.

Are we talking about possible Zen 5 architecture or the history of gains and and players in the cpu market today?

TPU needs some moderators..

Legit forums used to curb the last 1.5 pages of content in this discussion to keep posts on-topic..
Not just the last 1.5 pages my friend. Lets start with page 1, and in-fact the very first response was off topic, if you want the TPU forums to be very strict with culling off-topic posts. The problem that moderators have with all forums is who and what to moderate, when and how. If for example moderators deleted everything, literally everything that was not specifically on-topic, that would be a lot of work, a significant amount of responses would be cut in half, and a lot of people would be annoyed because they would see the moderation as being too strong, or complain about some degree of perceived unfairness, and the amount of people using these forums would plummet, just as they have done on other websites.

And if the level of moderation was at the very strong end of the spectrum, it could be viewed as the actual article itself needs moderation as the article covers "leaks", and a certain YouTube channel that many here have attacked. But then of course if TPU did not cover things like this they would not get anywhere near as much traffic and end up being a half-dead and soul-less tech-site like AnandTech or Toms Hardware (both owned by the same company FYI), so decisions need to be made about the content put out by TPU, and the level of moderation. I am perfectly happy with things as they are as IMHO it appears to be well balanced with a ban on vulgarity and personal attacks, but otherwise letting free-speech rule, and that is ultimately how people find the best solutions to problems, people talking, even if that does become off-topic regularly.

However, for every person arguing, there are 10 that are quietly reading and internally deciding who they agree with, or none, and ultimately the discussion moves on, which we saw repeatedly within this thread, often as a new person comes with a new comment, off-topic or not, they have chosen to engage, wich IHMO betters us all. Now perhaps with your and my post replying, that are ironically both off-topic. With the free market of ideas I may have changed your opinion, or not, but without free speech, we would not even be able to discuss this, or have the various insights into who has the rights to even make x86 CPU's, what is considered a good IPC gain from one generation to the next, the relative cost of CPU's and so on.

As I say, I like this forum, and website, and wouldn't change anything (unless I really spent some time looking for things to change.).

Last edited:
Processor Intel i7 13900K
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming
Cooling Arctic Freezer II 360
Memory 32 Gb Kingston Fury Renegade 6400 C32
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080 XLR8 OC
Storage 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO + 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus + 2 TB Samsung 870
Display(s) Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A + Samsung C24RG50
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Power Supply EVGA G6 850W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite
Benchmark Scores 3dMark TimeSpy - 26698 Cinebench R23 2258/40751
If AMD is saying 10/15% uplift it will most probably be 5/8% in most of the situations. Not exactly groundbreaking for a new architecture. Maybe the CPU field is stagnating, but I’m not sure this actually is bad news. Do we need more performance? I would prefer more efficiency at this point

Not just the last 1.5 pages my friend. Lets start with page 1, and in-fact the very first response was off topic, if you want the TPU forums to be very strict with culling off-topic posts. The problem that moderators have with all forums is who and what to moderate, when and how. If for example moderators deleted everything, literally everything that was not specifically on-topic, that would be a lot of work, a significant amount of responses would be cut in half, and a lot of people would be annoyed because they would see the moderation as being too strong, or complain about some degree of perceived unfairness, and the amount of people using these forums would plummet, just as they have done on other websites.

And if the level of moderation was at the very strong end of the spectrum, it could be viewed as the actual article itself needs moderation as the article covers "leaks", and a certain YouTube channel that many here have attacked. But then of course if TPU did not cover things like this they would not get anywhere near as much traffic and end up being a half-dead and soul-less tech-site like AnandTech or Toms Hardware (both owned by the same company FYI), so decisions need to be made about the content put out by TPU, and the level of moderation. I am perfectly happy with things as they are as IMHO it appears to be well balanced with a ban on vulgarity and personal attacks, but otherwise letting free-speech rule, and that is ultimately how people find the best solutions to problems, people talking, even if that does become off-topic regularly.

However, for every person arguing, there are 10 that are quietly reading and internally deciding who they agree with, or none, and ultimately the discussion moves on, which we saw repeatedly within this thread, often as a new person comes with a new comment, off-topic or not, they have chosen to engage, wich IHMO betters us all. Now perhaps with your and my post replying, that are ironically both off-topic. With the free market of ideas I may have changed your opinion, or not, but without free speech, we would not even be able to discuss this, or have the various insights into who has the rights to even make x86 CPU's, what is considered a good IPC gain from one generation to the next, the relative cost of CPU's and so on.

As I say, I like this forum, and website, and wouldn't change anything (unless I really spent some time looking for things to change.).

Fair enough. The ignore button works just fine.

I hope that you enjoy it's regular and routine use :)

Word! Everyone has multiple accounts here..

Getting the post back on track..

There isn't a single mention of Zen5 on AMD's official site which is honestly comforting.

Let everyone froth at the grey matter with anticipation and conjecture as we weave our way through a bunch of bs leaks, accidental releases and supposed inside sources.

That is until we get the actual, non-engineering sample release from AMD. Waiting is fun. Fake PR is lame.

Last edited:
Everyone has multiple accounts here..
I do not, and I do not expect many to have multiple accounts.! Why do YOU have multiple accounts.? To me, having multiple accounts is very suspicious, and I cannot see any good reasons to do so, only nefarious ones.!!!

@btarunr You might want to ask some questions here...

I do not, and I do not expect many to have multiple accounts.! Why do YOU have multiple accounts.? To me, having multiple accounts is very suspicious, and I cannot see any good reasons to do so, only nefarious ones.!!!

@btarunr You might want to ask some questions here...

Semantics.. (everyone = a lot). It's a problem everywhere (a lot of places). Tom's, Anand, Twitter, Reddit, here, etc, etc, etc. So literal..

Should we also look into bots? Same story.

Easier to find them with identical writing style (human) or complete lack of writing style (bot).

Me? I'm on one account like you ( ;) ). I recently stepped back into forms because of the aforementioned issues which are beginning to subside.

We're your posts delayed and screened for 3 months before you could post in real-time? Moderation. That was fun..

We're off topic, again.

THREADRIPPER FTW!!!!!!!1 :)

Last edited:
Semantics.. (everyone = a lot). It's a problem everywhere (a lot of places). Tom's, Anand, Twitter, Reddit, here, etc, etc, etc. So literal..

Should we also look into bots? Same story.

Easier to find them with identical writing style (human) or complete lack of writing style (bot).

Me? I'm on one account like you ( ;) ). I recently stepped back into forms because of the aforementioned issues which are beginning to subside.

We're your posts delayed and screened for 3 months before you could post in real-time? Moderation. That was fun..
@admin

@btarunr

@the54thvoid

Word! Everyone has multiple accounts here..
Except that I do not believe you, and considering that I have looked at some of your other posts, you generally write well, and accurately, which is why I take this as a statement of fact that you use multiple accounts. If you wish to discuss this further, I suggest that you do so with various Admins. I personally consider this matter closed and the conclusions drawn by the Admins as resolute, and perhaps we may discuss further this subject as it was originally penned, however MORE "leaks" have come out, so we may sadly see a repeat of this.

Last edited:
System Name HP EliteBook 725 G3
Processor AMD PRO A10-8700B (1.8 GHz CMT dual module with 3.2 GHz boost)
Motherboard HP proprietary
Cooling pretty good
Memory 8 GB SK Hynix DDR3 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon R6 (Carrizo/GCNv3)
Storage internal Kioxia XG6 1 TB NVMe SSD (aftermarket)
Display(s) HP P22h G4 21.5" 1080p (& 768p internal LCD)
Case HP proprietary metal case
Audio Device(s) built-in Conexant CX20724 HDA chipset -> Roland RH-200S
Power Supply HP-branded AC adapter
Mouse Steelseries Rival 310
Keyboard Cherry G84-5200
Software Alma Linux 9.1
Benchmark Scores Broadcom BCM94356 11ac M.2 WiFi card (aftermarket)
If it includes Pluton, it's DOA to me.

Having more than one Reddit, or Twitter (X nowadays), account is perfectly normal and not at all malicious as those platforms host content on a lot of different topics and you may not want to have your posts on topics A,B to be associated with your posts on topics X,Y,Z or even possibly your real identity. As with anything it can be abused for trolling, spamming, manipulation etc. but that does not mean the baby should be thrown out with the bathwater.

Having more than one Reddit, or Twitter (X nowadays), account is perfectly normal and not at all malicious as those platforms host content on a lot of different topics and you may not want to have your posts on topics A,B to be associated with your posts on topics X,Y,Z or even possibly your real identity.
In my experience, the only good reason that you note is due to a bad cause, and that is because employers will routinely scour places like Twatter to find some kind of tenuous reason to fire someone for their political views and opinions, as we have seen a LOT in recent years, which is why an ever increasing number of people have deleted their accounts, and have become Anonymous online, and that is because certain groups of people want to control other peoples speech.

Here however on a Tech forum, few people ever use their real names including you, me and "Shoskunk", therefore "here", and with these examples, there is no good reason to have multiple accounts, only nefarious ones, and especially so with an anonymous user such as "Skoskunk" who admits to having more than one account here, meaning that you can, I and I expect he/she/it does, gang up on people, or bounce conversations of of himself to push an agenda. Remember when a computer parts representative was found to be doing that on a popular tech forum many years ago (SPCR I believe).! That guy was having conversations with himself, giving false positive reviews and so on. He was fired, but the harm he had caused to users was very real as they bought 3rd rate products that were expensive based upon this his actions, and the harm he caused to the company he worked for was massive, so there are real world examples of this happening in forums like this, and there is absolutely no good reason to have multiple account here on TPU.