1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec P280

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Crimby New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have my PC Case hanged under my desk. This case really fits to my wishes, however the fans are on the top. there is approximately a space of 3-5 cm to my desk. Would this be advicable for this case?

2. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    There's still the rear exhaust fan as well. How much airflow you need depends on how hot your components are. If you're going to be overclocking and running high-end parts, I'd recommend having good clearance. 5cm should be good imo, but idk about 3cm.

Also, I'm not sure if the published measurements include the feet. If you have to, you can take the feet off though.

Anyways, those are just my thoughts; I wouldn't consider myself an expert on the matter.

3. Crimby New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the quick response.

3-5 cm is just a thinking. Its a configurable hanging solution, but i just dont want to have the case on the ground..

4. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    I would take some measurements to be sure. This case is pretty tall for a "mid-tower" I think. It's just as big as my old "full tower".

5. lastcalaveras

lastcalaveras

Thanks Received:
    Just built it with a corsair h100 in the top, had problems fitting with a push-pull config. the bottom fans touches the high PWM heatsink on the motherboard. Otherwise brilliant case and the room behind the motherboard is ridiculous.

6. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, same here. There is pretty much no way you can fit a rad up top with push-pull fans because of proximity to motherboard, unless you put the top fans on the outside of the case, which would look pretty stupid.

Honestly though, the H100 does well enough already that push-pull isn't even necessary. I saw a review where they only noticed a few degrees difference. Heck, I barely notice any difference in temps between having the fans turned all the way up or having them turned all the way down with my fan controller. And for anybody who hasn't heard the H100 fans, trust me, you want them on low :laugh:

7. RossAS New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi Darksaber, how would you compare this to the Anidees AI6 you reviewed a little while back? I'd like to know how the new brand measures up since this is a pretty similar case in terms of price and functional design.

Thanks for the reviews :)

Ross

8. D3aDl0cK New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the Review!

As i was looking for a new case in order to replace my old Avance B031,
    this Review helped me a lot, as i was also considering a BitFenix Raiden or Corsair Carbide 500R.

But now i got mine for a cheapy 70 bucks and i just can confirm that this case is great!
    So happy about it, but first shocked how small my Avance looks in comparison :-D

May the P280 do it for the next 10 years :rockout:

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. tedy New Member

Thanks Received:
    any 5,25'' to 3,5'' external bay converter?

10 Year Member at TPU