• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec TruePower Classic Series 750 W

Today we are taking a look at Antec's TruePower Classic 750 W unit. The strongest of the series, its efficiency is Gold-certified. It also utilizes a non-modular cabling design to be as affordable as possible.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Good review as always, but that high ripple is strange for a Seasonic unit, even a "low-end" one. Did you maybe consider asking Antec for a replacement/additional unit to see if the ripple issue is maybe related to the particular unit you tested?

Some errata/suggestions (as always :p):

Page 2, "Cables & Connectors, Power Distribution": table should say "6 + 2 pin PCIe"
Page 3, "Exterior": "... only the main ATX cable is stealth", yet it can be clearly seen from the photos that the wires are multiple colors.
Page 3: would be nice if the "psu_top.jpg" had all the cables spread out neatly (i.e. not bunched up and on top of each other) to give an accurate indication of how many cables there are to deal with.

ripple wasn't at dangerous or high enough levels to ask for an extra sample. Actually it is ok for a normal PSU (however not ideal for a SS one).
Apparently the pushed this platform a little further.

The table says "6+2 pin PCIe" already so I missed you here.

I don't know why but the earth wires of the 24 pin connector confused me into thinking that it is stealth. Thanks for the heads up on this!

It is really hard to spread out the cables in a non-modular unit (even impossible in some times) and I admit that I don't have the nerve to do it.