• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anyone know if Velociraptors will come in smaller (in terms of GB) sizes?

I get between 2-5 a week with dead drives, and maybe 1 dead desktop drive a week... I think the main problem is people using notebooks like desktops never turning them off and always on them, laid on carpet where they can't cool very well etc.

Which means nothing without the context.

Live recording of music and monitoring you want as low of a latency as you can possibly get, especially when you are loading many files and laying them over other files while recording. Its more really for digitaly produced music then band recording.

Well if there are many tracks I can imagine that you're right. Though I highly doubt many people here would do enough for it to matter. Of course it also depends on the format, if it's all uncompressed data requirements go up rapidly.

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Motherboard Asrock Z790 Nova
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5-6400 @ 6600
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 Ultra FTW3
Storage 4TB WD 850x NVME, 4TB WD Black, 10TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
Display(s) 1x Samsung Odyssey G7 Neo and 1x Dell u2518d
Case Lian Li o11 DXL w/custom vented front panel
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 -> DBX DriveRack PA+ -> Mackie MR8 and MR10 / Senn PX38X -> SB AE-5 Plus
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502x
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 x64 Pro
Benchmark Scores 31k multicore Cinebench - CPU limited 125w
Well if there are many tracks I can imagine that you're right. Though I highly doubt many people here would do enough for it to matter. Of course it also depends on the format, if it's all uncompressed data requirements go up rapidly.

No also very true, I'm not arguing the usefullness or lack of usefullness of them, I just can't imagine them being able to sell enough 36-74gb drives to justify the cost of making them.

Until I read it further, I was under the impression these were the same enterprise drives brought to sata2 level and higher capacity, in which case size means a lot because they land themselves in lots of servers.