• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus MARS GTX 295 reviewed - SLI benchies too!

System Name n.audBl
Processor E8500 @ 3.80GHz
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme
Cooling Full liquid (everything except power supply)
Memory 4Gb OCZ DDR2 PC9600
Video Card(s) Dual EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition
Storage Dual WD Raptor in RAID 0 (300Gb), Dual WD 1Tb Cavair in RAID 1
Display(s) Dell 2407 24" HD+ Widescreen
Case Theraltake Tai-Chi
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Fata1ty (bleh!)
Power Supply Ultra X3 1000W
Software Win 7 64bit
... don't forget what a phenomenal difference matured drivers can make. It is entirely possible that that this thing is still a sleeping giant.

Then again... it is entirely possible that it will never wake up.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
You are looking at it as a sales perspective, not a marketing perspective. I for one look at it as a good move to show that asus will go extra mile for their products, not just slapping a sticker and calling it theirs.
The card has performance as expected from a SLI of GTX285, and look at DriverHeaven review, they were able to play at resolutions where the 295 simply ran out of memory.
I´m not saying i would consider buying it, but remember there are only 1000, i sure bet that there are 1000 people willing to buy the card even if its just for show/price.
I just liked that they tried, maybe they will get better and we will se more exclusive asus cards

I am looking at it from a realistic perspective. I admit that it is good that they tried... hence the A for effort. But unless their tries get ALOT better, the only thing that they proved is that they can make an "improved" product that costs 3x as much but is only marginally better than the original.

Yes, it would have been a great marketing stunt if the card performed better than the GTX 285 SLI, or if it could even clock higher because of the power circuitry. Maybe 800Mhz on the core stock w/ 1600Mhz shaders... they could cherry pick the chips and everything. But that is not what happened. They spent a ton of money and came out with a mediocre product. I understand what they were trying to do, but IMO those benches are too disappointing for even a successful PR stunt.